questions need answering

• 84 Replies
Re: questions need answering
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 03:53:57 PM »
I'm sick of getting conflicting information from places like Facebook and YouTube

How did they respond to your complaints?

who? the flat earthers? the same as always.. with cognitive dissonance

I had one guy on Facebook say that a photo of the ISS passing in front of the moon was fake, so I gave him a challenge; I gave him a photo that I took, and asked him to spot what was fake on it.. he chose some elastic bands on the photo.. I told him the photo was unedited, he said he KNEW it was fake.. It was a photo from my camera roll, I even screenshotted it IN my camera roll as proof

I told him he blatantly didn't have the skills to claim photos are fake, he said 'do the math' then blocked me

flat earthers have lost all ability to admit they've worked ANYTHING out wrong, even when the evidence is staring them in the face

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
Hitler already? Why?

Hitler was a round earther.  :P
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »
The Flat Earth Society is a society of free thinkers.
Well, you're not free to think the earth is a globe. :P

You are, though! No one has kicked you off the forum for being a crabby round earther.
I'm not a member of the Flat Earth Society.  I am crabby though, that much is true.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 04:18:08 PM »
Hitler already? Why? Just because? I think most of the REers on this forum are happy to exercise free speech and happy with FEers exercise free speech in return. There are definitely some ass hats, but they are mostly trolls and don't really deserve much attention.

I'm sick of getting conflicting information from places like Facebook and YouTube

If what I've seen from YouTube comments in the past is any indication, I would have to assume they responded with great patience and understanding.

;D

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »
I didn't get an answer to why people still believe this theory after seeing the evidence disproving it?

You don't need nasa, you don't need videos or photos, you can see for yourself by watching a lunar eclipse, that's OUR shadow, the fact we can predict them happening is the nail in the coffin.. or by the constellation positions above the horizon in different hemispheres, and the fact you can't see the north star from deep in the southern hemisphere

if that's not enough, almost every flat earth 'proof' fails at testing too

this isn't opinion, it's testable, visual, irrefutable evidence

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 04:42:51 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »
can you guys please take your chit chat elsewhere

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 05:04:29 PM »
Hitler already? Why?

So was Ghandi. :P

He was penpals with Hitler!

Sure, just long enough to encourage him not to be a douchebag. Unfortunately, history.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 05:08:34 PM »
Hitler already? Why?

Sure, just long enough to encourage him not to be a douchebag. Unfortunately, history.

Alright, I know we are making Johnorbital cry with our chit chat, but http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html It's best not to have any heroes  :'(

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »
Hitler already? Why?

Alright, I know we are making Johnorbital cry with our chit chat, but http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html It's best not to have any heroes  :'(

A hero is never a man, but an ideal. Who someone was is irrelevant if the idea he means is important to us. I would have hated Ernesto Guevara the man. Yet El Che is an ideal that many people think worth keeping.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

Like to Facebook or YouTube?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »

Shoot. Sorry, I thought I was on a public forum. Must have gotten lost somewhere... ???

Anyway, I just took the time to read the "Dear Friend" letter, which was basically asking Hitler not to be a jerkface but in a nice way. Honestly, it was new to me so I won't pretend to be an expert on the special relationship they may or may not have had. Thanks for the link, SCG!

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 05:33:33 PM »

Shoot. Sorry, I thought I was on a public forum. Must have gotten lost somewhere... ???

Anyway, I just took the time to read the "Dear Friend" letter, which was basically asking Hitler not to be a jerkface but in a nice way. Honestly, it was new to me so I won't pretend to be an expert on the special relationship they may or may not have had. Thanks for the link, SCG!

yes you must have got lost with the forum clearly stating to stay on topic in the thread

Facebook and YouTube don't request you stay on topic so yeah why not?

is this what happens when someone comes in with more than 'I've seen the curve' or 'there's photos of earth'? you try to drown the 'evidence' in a sea of comments?

its not really much better than Facebook or YouTube if you're just going to ignore questions and just use people's threads as somewhere to chat

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 05:41:37 PM »
You haven't posted any evidence.  Also, you seem to be mad at the FES because you were treated badly by some flat earthers on youtube. This isn't youtube.

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 05:46:14 PM »
You haven't posted any evidence.  Also, you seem to be mad at the FES because you were treated badly by some flat earthers on youtube. This isn't youtube.

I'm not mad at anyone, I said I get conflicting information, stop twisting my words

also, I've given absolute evidence, testable, visual, irrefutable evidence

I'm not sure what else you need to be honest

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
I've given absolute evidence, testable, visual, irrefutable evidence

You have posted vague, ambiguous, rambling thoughts and ideas
poorly scripted and ending with a question mark.

Narrow it down to one question and leave out the condescension.

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »

I've not, I've posted thorough explanations.. but feel free to point out any 'non-vague' responses I've received

as for one question at a time, that's fine by me

why, when the flat earth explanations for a lunar eclipse don't stand up to testing, do we see a round shadow during a lunar eclipse? (see my previous explanation on this thread as to how the FE lunar eclipse model cannot work)

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 06:40:18 PM »
is this what happens when someone comes in with more than 'I've seen the curve' or 'there's photos of earth'? you try to drown the 'evidence' in a sea of comments?

its not really much better than Facebook or YouTube if you're just going to ignore questions and just use people's threads as somewhere to chat

Maybe you haven't had a lot of conversations. Sometimes they diverge from and then return to the main topic. Heck, I learned something today about the relationship between Hitler and Gandhi. Maybe you have me confused with someone who thinks the Earth is flat, though. I'm certainly not trying to drown out any intelligent discussion about why the Earth is round. To that point, I answered your questions. All four of them, and you have posed no new ones. Sorry you came here looking for a battle. If only someone could decide whose thoughts should be stifled.

And holy cow. Evidence against your cloud comment was presented, acknowledged by you, then you went right back to it it like was a valid point like two posts later. Who is drowning out evidence again? Sheesh.

I'm totally looking forward to the evidence you have to offer. I've seen allusions to things that might be evidence, but nothing really explicit. I'll get right out of your way.  :-X
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:42:42 PM by boydster »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »

I've not, I've posted thorough explanations.. but feel free to point out any 'non-vague' responses I've received

why, when the flat earth explanations for a lunar eclipse don't stand up to testing, do we see a round shadow during a lunar eclipse? (see my previous explanation on this thread as to how the FE lunar eclipse model cannot work)

So, we only see a round shadow during a lunar eclipse when
the flat earth explanations for a lunar eclipse don't stand up to testing?

Is that your question?

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2016, 07:04:14 PM »

Maybe you haven't had a lot of conversations. Sometimes they diverge from and then return to the main topic. Heck, I learned something today about the relationship between Hitler and Gandhi. Maybe you have me confused with someone who thinks the Earth is flat, though. I'm certainly not trying to drown out any intelligent discussion about why the Earth is round. To that point, I answered your questions. All four of them, and you have posed no new ones. Sorry you came here looking for a battle. If only someone could decide whose thoughts should be stifled.

And holy cow. Evidence against your cloud comment was presented, acknowledged by you, then you went right back to it it like was a valid point like two posts later. Who is drowning out evidence again? Sheesh.

I'm totally looking forward to the evidence you have to offer. I've seen allusions to things that might be evidence, but nothing really explicit. I'll get right out of your way.  :-X

cloud comment? you mean me saying it doesn't prove the shape of the earth? well it doesn't, there's no possible way it could, I quite clearly stated that the flat earth explanation for where the sun is located is very wrong.. I gave 3 easy ways to test it

I'm not sure how you interpret that as hiding anything

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »

So, we only see a round shadow during a lunar eclipse when
the flat earth explanations for a lunar eclipse don't stand up to testing?

Is that your question?

well you've now re worded it a bit so that it no longer makes sense but if you go off what I originally wrote then yes, that's my first question

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2016, 07:07:37 PM »
its 3am, I'll reply when I wake up

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
cloud comment? you mean me saying it doesn't prove the shape of the earth? well it doesn't, there's no possible way it could, I quite clearly stated that the flat earth explanation for where the sun is located is very wrong.. I gave 3 easy ways to test it

Apologies. I meant smoke. My mistake. Smoke should not travel downwards because of UA. You initially said it should (see OP), then appeared to agree that it shouldn't (Reply 7), then went right back to stating that it should and the fact that it doesn't is somehow a valid refutation of UA (Reply 11).

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »

Apologies. I meant smoke. My mistake. Smoke should not travel downwards because of UA. You initially said it should (see OP), then appeared to agree that it shouldn't (Reply 7), then went right back to stating that it should and the fact that it doesn't is somehow a valid refutation of UA (Reply 11).

2 points

firstly, to be fair, you are twisting things slightly, I was quite clear that my comment about the smoke was an off the cuff remark.. I don't normally get into the gravity debate

second, someone else mentioned it, I wasn't going to dismiss what they said so I replied to it with a question

and to prove I wasn't using it as a valid refutation of UA I'll say this:
I said if the force of us moving upwards can bring a ball down but not smoke, then in theory, the gravity pulling the ball down should really be strong enough to pull the smoke down too

again, I don't normally discuss gravity as it's a difficult subject to comprehend for anyone

I hope that shows my position and willingness to admit when I don't know something

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2016, 01:19:24 AM »
scepti you make it sound like only RE's attack people for their beliefs.

I can suggest a little experiment you can do.

Go to a physics,engineering and FE forums forum and tell people you want evidence the Earth is a sphere or flat.  You will get some name calling and also answers.  Depending on the site and moderators your topic may be locked for being deemed ridiculous.

I think what you will find is the blocking, deleting,locking, and name calling will be about the same.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=67336.0

The above is what I see typically on other forums dedicated to science.  Someone asks a question relating to FE and there are a few responses with at least one response being condescending.

People are people.  As a group they behave pretty much the same the world over.
I agree.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 01:27:20 AM »

I had one guy on Facebook say that a photo of the ISS passing in front of the moon was fake, so I gave him a challenge; I gave him a photo that I took, and asked him to spot what was fake on it.. he chose some elastic bands on the photo.. I told him the photo was unedited, he said he KNEW it was fake.. It was a photo from my camera roll, I even screenshotted it IN my camera roll as proof

I told him he blatantly didn't have the skills to claim photos are fake, he said 'do the math' then blocked me

flat earthers have lost all ability to admit they've worked ANYTHING out wrong, even when the evidence is staring them in the face
No evidence is staring anyone in the face. The only evidence that is put forward is the supposed evidence that people like you seem to think is evidence and expect free thinkers to simply accept it, sim ply because you come here with a full on indoctrinated mind, yet pretend you do not.
10 a penny..

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:44 AM »

No evidence is staring anyone in the face. The only evidence that is put forward is the supposed evidence that people like you seem to think is evidence and expect free thinkers to simply accept it, sim ply because you come here with a full on indoctrinated mind, yet pretend you do not.
10 a penny..

so talk to me, discuss my points with me, tell me which ones you think I'm wrong about

that's why I'm here

daftpunk

• hi i'm Joe
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 02:58:38 AM »
I think this shows that mentioning Hitler, even in a meta-discussion (whereby you specifically mention the fact that you're mentioning Hitler, and make it clear that there is no real reason to do so), can derail a thread completely, and help avert the conversation away from any difficult-to-answer points that were brought up previously.

This could be a useful tactic to employ in the future.
love from joe

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:33 AM »
I think this shows that mentioning Hitler, even in a meta-discussion (whereby you specifically mention the fact that you're mentioning Hitler, and make it clear that there is no real reason to do so), can derail a thread completely, and help avert the conversation away from any difficult-to-answer points that were brought up previously.

This could be a useful tactic to employ in the future.

in the future? its a very common tactic used, it happens all the time, this is probably why its one of the 11 main rules of this forum.. I'm sure the more learned FE's are not wanting the guys with no real knowledge of the subject making it seem like there's no answers by resorting to derailment tactics

i'm not saying that was entirely your intention, but i've been doing this a long time, its a very common thing to happen, so i'm sure you can appreciate me assuming that was what you were doing, thats why I politely asked you to take the chit chat elsewhere and only asked the admin to remove the totally unrelated posts (which they've not done for some reason)

i wouldn't say 'if you don't know, don't comment', but feel free to discuss it with me, like I've said previously, I'm here because I expected a more thorough debate than on places like YouTube and Facebook, up to now its been quite refreshing that people are actually attempting to answer, no one's got annoyed, it is better.. to an extent