Timezones?

• 40 Replies

jordannv2

• Defender of Round Earth.
Timezones?
« on: June 24, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »
Okay, so, I respect everyone's view on whether the Earth is flat or a sphere. Personally I am a Round-Earth Believer.
 I have a question for you FE believers, how do you explain timezones? like one side of the earth is night the other is day.
The sun cannot be a spotlight, it's impossible, then how do we see the Moon at night? who provides the light? ofcourse the sun, who is a sphere giving light to the Moon and we can see it from the night side of the Earth.

And, Please I don't want any bullcrap about a huge black cloud makes the night and the moon is a star. I simply cannot debate nor, respect views like that, that's just biased and only someone delusional with little knowledge of the universe would say.
California Institute of Technology Graduate.
NASA Student, Astronomist.

NASA doesn't need to lie to you about something you can't even explain completely.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Timezones?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 03:28:18 PM »
The moon makes its own light.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 03:36:47 PM »

I respect everyone's view on whether the Earth is flat or a sphere.

. . .

I simply cannot debate nor, respect views like that, . . .

???

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:36:56 PM »
Okay, so, I respect everyone's view...
...I don't want any bullcrap about a huge black cloud makes the night and the moon is a star. I simply cannot ... respect views like that
Don't attempt to lie to yourself. That road leads nowhere.

Ah, Bullwinkle got to that before me. :)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:35:18 PM »
;D And that explains "timezones" How?  ;D

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »

I respect everyone's view on whether the Earth is flat or a sphere.

. . .

I simply cannot debate nor, respect views like that, . . .

???

Sometimes I respect what you do here.

The sun cannot be a spotlight, it's impossible.

Well flat earthers it's over, you had a good run, jordannv2 says it's impossible. It was fun while it lasted, nothing left to do I guess.

Shill party at my beach shack, flat earthers can come too :-). Byo spirits and weed, beers and food provided.

Except jroa and papa, they can play together at home.

Edit. Totallackey can't come either.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:18:55 PM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

jordannv2

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »

How come? Then why can't we see the moon bright like the sun everyday? Then why isn't it producing heat and the nights become hot.

NASA doesn't need to lie to you about something you can't even explain completely.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 12:58:07 AM »

How come? Then why can't we see the moon bright like the sun everyday? Then why isn't it producing heat and the nights become hot.
That's easy! Our Space Cowgirl just isn't feeding her bioluminescent moonshramp enough. She only feeds them once a month and it takes them two weeks to get back into condition, then they gradually fade out over the next two weeks.

:P Well dat's my story an' I'm stickin' to it!  ::)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 07:36:30 AM »

The lunas, who live on the moon, are luminescent. They don't produce heat. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

jordannv2

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »

That honestly does not make any sense at all, Lunas? living on a moon with no gravity, nor an atmosphere.
There is no life in the Moon, and I'd like to ask you proof for any ''Lunas''.

Also, then why can't i see Mt. Everest if the earth is flat and can see every point from a high building?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »

That honestly does not make any sense at all, Lunas? living on a moon with no gravity, nor an atmosphere.

Also, then why can't i see Mt. Everest if the earth is flat and can see every point from a high building?

Do you expect all the creatures of the universe to have the same requirements as creatures on earth?

You can't see forever because air isn't clear.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 04:24:14 PM »
Do you expect all the creatures of the universe to have the same requirements as creatures on earth?

That's no excuse to just make stuff up.  Living things still need nutrients they are able to metabolize.  The moon has none. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

jordannv2

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 02:51:41 AM »

You can't see forever because air isn't clear.

Oh, so Air isn't clear? Air is clear enough to see every distance, with about 0.00089g/cm of density It's impossible not to see through it.

Also if the earth was flat like a disk, the semi-major axis would be around 14.9
the semi-minor would be around 4.5, that would mean the earth would have to be larger in size since it is impossible to convert a globe into a disk.

also, what's underneath the earth if it was flat? still no sense at all.

where's the edge of the earth? nope, you'd end up in the same point if you keep going straight.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 10:05:42 AM »
There's probably just rocks under the earth. Do you think there are hamsters down there or something?

There is no edge, the earth is an infinite plane.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 01:59:20 AM »
SCG is correct.  You can hardly see a mountain that is just 30 miles from you because it fades away with distance.  Why would you expect to see a mountain on the other side of the Earth?  You roundies have no original thoughts at all. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 04:03:03 AM »
SCG is correct.  You can hardly see a mountain that is just 30 miles from you because it fades away with distance.  Why would you expect to see a mountain on the other side of the Earth?  You roundies have no original thoughts at all.
So if we get up to a very high altitude, say 70,000 ft,  we could then we would expect to see the sun 24 hours a day?

At this altitude we are above over 95% of the atmosphere, so should easily be able to see the sun at the furthest distance it could be on the Flat Earth.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 07:30:56 AM »
So if we get up to a very high altitude, say 70,000 ft,  we could then we would expect to see the sun 24 hours a day?

At this altitude we are above over 95% of the atmosphere, so should easily be able to see the sun at the furthest distance it could be on the Flat Earth.

The sun shouldn't fall below something like 20 degrees anyway. Even if we take an outrageous estimate (say the sun is directly above a point 40.000.000km away from the observer, at an altitude of 3.000km), it will still be at about 4.3 degrees above the horizon. Ridiculous.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 09:53:06 AM »

Except we've ben there and it doesn't.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 10:04:02 AM »
Actually I can easily see a mountain that is 30 miles away.  Depending on its height relative to mine I can see it much further away than that.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »

No we haven't and yes it does.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »

On a good clear day you can see Mt. McKinley from near Fairbanks, Alaska. A distance of more than 100 miles.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »

Ok what evidence do you have to support this theory?  How does it make its own light?  I have known people involved in the space program, and there are many scientists, mostly retired, in my neighborhood, they have some pretty compelling evidence.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 04:00:23 PM »

Ok what evidence do you have to support this theory?  How does it make its own light?  I have known people involved in the space program, and there are many scientists, mostly retired, in my neighborhood, they have some pretty compelling evidence.

Did they bring some moon pigeons home with them?

JasonPressey

• Nuclear Engineering Aficionado
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »

My question is about the earth accelerating at 9.8 m/s. If that's the case, shouldn't we have reached light speed in less than a year of Earth's existence?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:39:53 PM by JasonPressey »
Nuclear Engineering Aficionado
Believer in Legitimate Science

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »

On a good clear day you can see Mt. McKinley from near Fairbanks, Alaska. A distance of more than 100 miles.

I've been on Mt Hood in Oregon and seen Mt Rainier, a little over 100 miles away in Washington. Seems if you can't see a mountain 30 miles away in some cases, but in other cases you can go up one mountain and from that higher altitude see another mountain 100+ miles away, curvature provides a much better explanation than variably-translucent atmosphere.

My question is about the earth accelerating at 9.8 m/s. If that's the case, shouldn't we have reached light speed in less than a year of Earth's existence?

There are relativistic effects to be taken into consideration that would mean the Earth would be traveling at a significant percentage of the speed of light but not quite at that threshold. But still, the UA model is not at all realistic. For instance, the difference in gravity can be measured at different points on Earth - UA doesn't have an explanation for that, because all points should experience the same acceleration.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:40:34 PM by boydster »

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 10:43:01 PM »

Uhm, no, because, there aren't any.  But I asked if you had any evidence to support your theory.  So, do you?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:43 AM »

You live 100 miles away from Mt. Everest?  I think your little anecdote may have just been slightly more irrelevant than usual.  ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 02:59:27 AM »

You live 100 miles away from Mt. Everest?  I think your little anecdote may have just been slightly more irrelevant than usual.  ::)
Where do find "Mt. Everest?" in "Mt. McKinley from near Fairbanks, Alaska"?
Guess you lost your specs on that trip! These fit?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »

Uhm, no, because, there aren't any.  But I asked if you had any evidence to support your theory.  So, do you?

There are moon pigeons! Look it up.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »

There are moon pigeons! Look it up.
Why do you keep dodging the question?  What evidence do you have to support your claims regarding the moon?