Quick Search

• 11 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Quick Search
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:09:10 AM »
I don't know if it is related, but there's something up with the search function also. Clicking on the search icon does nothing. It worked fine yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:32:12 PM by John Davis »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Re: Quotes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:46:56 AM »
What browser are you on, not seeing that

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
Or rather, what did it used to do?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »
Or rather, what did it used to do?

It's just the search that is by your name at the top right of the page that isn't working. I just checked the other search that's between "Help" and "My Messages" and that one works just fine.

The other search (which I have been using for some reason  :P ) after you put the search term in, and click the magnifying glass does nothing. There's no page loading thingy, or anything. Yesterday it was working, it would take you to the same list of threads as the other search does. I just figured that whatever is messing with the quote function might have something to do with it.

I use Firefox 47.0.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
Checked your issue, and I'm not sure if that button ever did that, but I can make it do that.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »
Checked your issue, and I'm not sure if that button ever did that, but I can make it do that.

I don't know if I've made myself very clear. That search thingy was working, I used it a bunch of times, now it doesn't.

This is the search that's not working.

If you hover your cursor over the magnifying glass the box expands and you can type in your search terms. I used it because you can search from whatever page you're on, but you don't have advanced search options from there. It's not a big deal if we don't have that search feature, I only thought the problem with the quotes not working properly might be related since something went wrong at the same time.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
Nah it needs to be fixed if it doesn't work.  I guess I don't get the error.

So its not expanding? If that's the case I can look into that and try to replicate it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »
Nah it needs to be fixed if it doesn't work.  I guess I don't get the error.

So its not expanding? If that's the case I can look into that and try to replicate it.

No, it expands! Just once you've typed in whatever you want to search and then click the magnifying glass, or press enter, nothing happens.

If the search is working for you, maybe it's something on my end. I don't know, I haven't updated anything in the last few days.

Username

• Administrator
Re: Quick Search
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 04:20:29 PM »
I should have some time tonight to fix it, I'll be up working on some client work anyways. I'll let you know how it goes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »
Well, this is really weird, but it works now.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:06:38 PM »
Good soup.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:07 AM »
I could not quote people yesterday.  I am not sure if this is related, but it is, or was, annoying, because I can do it today.