there is any research about flat earth?

• 17 Replies
there is any research about flat earth?
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:03:27 PM »
i mean something like a expedition to antarctica to find the ICE WALL?
a rocket to the space to take a picture of the FLAt earth?

anything even some kickstarter project idea?

i not talking about some video on youtube with photoshoped and a lame explanation or 19century art abaout the NATO flag but some REAL evidence!

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: there is any research about flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:06:26 PM »
Kinda looks flat from where I'm standing.

Edit there is so much evidence for a globe is it really needed?

Anyone with the money and or education to try to prove the worlds flat is most likely not interested.

Thats why Johns working on an infinite plane earth that is flat but looks feels smells tastes and sounds round.

And gets B.O.B in a picture as if it creates some sort of legitimacy..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:15:48 PM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »
Answer: no.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
There are people who mesure the temperature of moonlight, claiming it has a cooling effect. You may call that research in favor of fet.

?

dado

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 03:34:55 AM »
Kinda looks flat from where I'm standing.

Well you can get a girl pregnant, and say,  you kinda look like you are not pregnant.
She can give birth to your child, and you can say, it kind of doesn't look like it is mine...

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »
Flat earth research is one area that  I happen to think is interesting from the perspective of how do you explain the world around us,  in unconventional terms   I saw a video where some guy was putting forward the notion that there is a giant energy beam at the North Pole that reflects off the glass dome,  and we see that as the Sun.... 

John Davis's notions of flat objects in curved space is another example of unique solutions.   

Of course the real truth is obvious.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
I'm still waiting on the real evidence that the Earth is a Globe. Sure would make my life easier.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Provokethetruth

• The Earth is flat, therefore God is real.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
i mean something like a expedition to antarctica to find the ICE WALL?
a rocket to the space to take a picture of the FLAt earth?

anything even some kickstarter project idea?

i not talking about some video on youtube with photoshoped and a lame explanation or 19century art abaout the NATO flag but some REAL evidence!

Provoke the truth
http://www.spreaker.com/user/provokethetruth

Evidence is all around you. Just gotta open your eyes.
PTT

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »
Most true. People come here day in and day out asking for the proof, as if we are trying to convince them. Go outside and find your own proof, or to the library. Its around us everywhere - its so obvious I have to wonder how folks miss it.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
Most true. People come here day in and day out asking for the proof, as if we are trying to convince them. Go outside and find your own proof, or to the library. Its around us everywhere - its so obvious I have to wonder how folks miss it.
Like path of the sun, measured distances, satllite etc.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
I'm still waiting on the real evidence that the Earth is a Globe. Sure would make my life easier.

Said by the guy who made up overly complicated unexplained hypothesises and guesses for every very real evidence.

For example for the simpliest ones that can explained by simple geometry, sunsets and celestial nav, you have your bendy light and space time fantasy, with intangible explanation even for you. So ?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »
Elegance in theory is not a hallmark of truth - it is but a sign that the view has been entrenched for large stretches of history.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 03:33:12 PM »
Elegance in theory is not a hallmark of truth - it is but a sign that the view has been entrenched for large stretches of history.

Incoherence of a theory is a sign that most of it is ad-hoc. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »

The incoherence of a theory is a sign that it will be mostly ad-hoc, imo.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 06:51:12 PM »

That's what I said. 

Listen.  You say the earth is at all points flat, but also non-euclidean and can be best mapped as a sphere.  If the earth is flat, we should be able to draw a straight line from our starting location to any other point on earth.  Thus, we should be able to express any location from our own using polar coordinates.  At every point along each of those lines, the world should seem equally flat and connected.  If that is the case, where are the non-euclidean anomalies?  There can be none. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »

I completely agree with "The incoherence of a theory is a sign that it will be mostly ad-hoc, imo."

When it starts basically saying "The earth looks flat, so it must be", then bending almost every observation we make with nonsensical  "Laws of Perspective" (which basically deny any reasonably light paths, yet Tom Bishop can insist that "Photons travel in straight line" - but only if it suits his current argument).
"Universal Acceleration" (Which half say explains gravity - not gravitation, and half say something else).
"Explanations for the cause of sunrise, sunset and moonrise and moonset".

"Directions of sunrises and sunsets" Even Rowbotham says the sun in England rises in the NORTH East, which is completely impossible on his model!

"Explanations for moon phases".

"Explanations for solar and lunar eclipses".

That's enough for now! Don't get me onto astronomical observations.

Then the Flat Earth supporters have to declare everything fake that dares look as though it might be evidence against their cherished shape!

What about of bit of research into the real explanations of eclipses, without any imaginary "shadow object"!
Quote from: the Wiki
The Lunar Eclipse
A Lunar Eclipse occurs about twice a year when a satellite of the sun passes between the sun and moon.
This satellite is called the Shadow Object. Its orbital plane is tilted at an angle of about 5°10' to the sun's orbital plane, making eclipses possible only when the three bodies (Sun, Object, and Moon) are aligned and when the moon is crossing the sun's orbital plane (at a point called the node). Within a given year, considering the orbitals of these celestial bodies, a maximum of three lunar eclipses can occur.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It is estimated that the Shadow Object is around five to ten miles in diameter. Since it is somewhat close to the sun the manifestation of its penumbra upon the moon appears as a magnified projection.

Hasn't anyone ever thought of the complete impossibility of a "five to ten miles in diameter" shadow object hiding essentially ALL the light from a 32 mile diameter sun onto a 32 mile diameter moon some 12,400 miles away!
  ;D And you talk about "ad hoc" explanations!  ;D

Honestly a lot of Flat Earth explanations make laugh, they are just so poorly guessed (they obviously have never been thought out, let alone verified).

?

dado

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 07:35:12 PM »
I think you are confusing them with too much facts here.
If we could just stick to, say, GPS, and how it keeps working without problems once you are out there in the wilderness with no cell-phone signal. (little side note here: the maximum range for a cell phone tower for you to reach would be 20miles AT BEST CONDITIONS... If there was special equipment involved (but regular cell phones are no special equipment) you could have, at best conditions, a range of less than 40 miles)...
But still GPS works in deserts, out there in the middle of the oceans, etc......

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 10:06:41 PM »

No, its not. What do you think 'will' means?