Another theory than the flat earth and globe, that includes both as true...

• 40 Replies
Hello there,

I have been following along with the flat earth discussion for a year or two now, and as a writer it's really intrigued me. I'm probably leaning more towards flat earth being the reality, having seen what I've seen in my lifetime so far, with all of the lies we're already fed in our modern society making it more and more plausible.

So, I had a theory myself and I'm sure many people might have thought of this before. It's not the most scientifically explainable theory as it is mentally explainable, and it is a theory that will leave a lot of people feeling lonely. You might know where I'm about to go with this...

Imagine that everything exists within a vast infinite multi-dimensional space. One person coincides within Dimension A, in where flat earth exists. Another person coincides within Dimension B, in where planets exist. Imagine that the objective is a result of multiple mental beings producing from the subjective. The objective is in this theory a collective of the subjective.

One mental being, you, start to believe in the flat earth, the nature of the universe, and you can't find any evidence against it, because the objective evidence shifted as you shifted your consciousness, yourself, into Dimension A, in where it is the truth objectively.

In this theory, the objective is malleable, mold-able.

To start, when one has a dream for example, they can find themselves within a dimension in where the objective is much more malleable on a more obvious level. Sometimes, depending on the dream, if one thinks of a lion in their imagination, the lion appears right in front of them, or walks out of the bushes or what have you. This can be tested only personally through dream study, and the studies aren't really shareable with anyone outside of your own personal mind, as only you know what you saw.

What if, this dimension that we find ourselves in right now, is the same as the dimensions that we find ourselves in within our dreams, it just has properties that make it 'more solid', slower in nature and have more limited rules?

What if, the aliens that we've seen (those spaceship balls that float above crop circles and the like) are not from outer space (as in far far away space-wise), but instead of from another dimension that's simply taking up the same exact location as our own, but existing at another level? What the spaceships are coming from the same space, then, instead of from 'outer space', just existing on another level? In other words, the theory of parallel dimensions, RATHER than anything being located far far away space-wise.

Flat earth can work completely consistently with this theory especially, as you could say that the current dimension we find ourselves in is created from the inside out, so it stretches outward, as it's a mental projection spanning outward from a single central point. As a video game developer, creating in a 3d space, you start from the center creating a map and work your way outward. Perhaps the map has been created only as far as the ice wall, and from there spans into other dimensions, with other parallel or probable humanities. It may feel lonely at first, but in reality the theory would mean that we truly are not alone in any sense. Maybe, instead of that, it's like a bunch of 3d maps, all spanning from the center point outward. 3d spaces on the computer always work this way, spanning from a central point. I would call it something like....the 'central point' theory...I don't know. This is all really interesting and really inspiring to think about.

It's a theory that's quite out there, along with "this is all a dream right now", although there isn't really any way of disproving it, as in this theory, everything is happening from the inside out as a mental projection.

If this theory were true, then both a dimension in where the earth is flat exists, and a dimension in where the earth is round within an infinite amount of space exists.

Just a note, I'm not meaning to impress the idea upon anyone, and I'm not meaning to scare anyone, neither do I believe strongly in what I've just put out there. I'm just throwing it out there as an interesting thought.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:43:23 PM by astracat111 »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
But they can't both be true.  Reality is objective, not subjective, and the objective fact is that we have satellites orbiting the earth, which we all benefit from and which are only possible on a round earth. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

But they can't both be true.  Reality is objective, not subjective, and the objective fact is that we have satellites orbiting the earth, which we all benefit from and which are only possible on a round earth.

But the proof that you have for reality being objective is from your own subjective 5 senses.

One mental being, you, start to believe in the flat earth, the nature of the universe, and you can't find any evidence against it, because the objective evidence shifted as you shifted your consciousness, yourself, into Dimension A, in where it is the truth objectively.

Can I get a special permission to tell this guy to go fuck himself ? :D We have enough bullshit here already, thanks.

Can I get a special permission to tell this guy to go fuck himself ? :D We have enough bullshit here already, thanks.

Wow, what anger.

In that case I've added what I wanted to add to the debate. You can take it or leave it, but I'll be off now then.

But the proof that you have for reality being objective is from your own subjective 5 senses.

And from my subjective instruments, my subjective peers and colleagues i presume.....  ? :D Or what ? Fuck no, we all observe the same physical reality but the FE guys conveniently DENY thats their problem only. for example do you think they perceive this differently ? :

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67031.0

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66967.0

Wow, what anger.

In that case I've added what I wanted to add to the debate. You can take it or leave it, but I'll be off now then.

I just want to tease you a bit sorry, even used a smiley, but you have to admit your theory is hardly considered scientific or even debatable in the realm of rationality anyway

Wow, what anger.

I just want to tease you a bit sorry, even used a smiley, but you have to admit your theory is hardly considered scientific or even debatable in the realm of rationality anyway

Pretty harsh. I do think that flat earth theory is very interesting but as I've said I don't really swing towards one way or the other strongly.

I don't expect what I'm saying to be scientifically accurate in the least, but instead I'm just putting out there the whole "maybe it's all a dream" thing, which can't be disproven as strongly as flat earth could scientifically, although in it's nature it's not really scientific, so if this board is more for discussing science I'm not really contributing too well I think.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

You can't know if reality is "objective".

But the notion that people can live in a "dimension", where earth is flat, forces us to define a physical term I want to call "Dimensional Dumbness".

A Dimension with positive dumbness D+ is a dimension with dumb physical laws.

Our dimension may have a dumbness of 0, D0. I wonder if a dimension can have negative dumbness D-. How would such a dimension look like?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator

Tempers run hot with the free exchange of open ideas, but let's try and keep it civil.

Tempers run hot with the free exchange of open ideas, but let's try and keep it civil.

i think there is a category for this type of openness called complete nonsense, but ok lets debate magic...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter

Wow, what anger.

Pretty harsh. I do think that flat earth theory is very interesting but as I've said I don't really swing towards one way or the other strongly.

I don't expect what I'm saying to be scientifically accurate in the least, but instead I'm just putting out there the whole "maybe it's all a dream" thing, which can't be disproven as strongly as flat earth could scientifically, although in it's nature it's not really scientific, so if this board is more for discussing science I'm not really contributing too well I think.

Maybe we're living in the matrix.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?

Wow, what anger.

Maybe we're living in the matrix.

There is no spoon,
Also,
Wait What?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Just go with it  :P
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
To the OP.
Right before your fantasy started; what chemicals did you expose yourself to?
whatever they are I would like to try some!

And from my subjective instruments, my subjective peers and colleagues i presume.....  ? :D Or what ? Fuck no, we all observe the same physical reality but the FE guys conveniently DENY thats their problem only. for example do you think they perceive this differently ? :

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67031.0

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66967.0
One possibility here is that everyone else in the world is imaginary too. ...So if you want them to perceive the world the same way you do - they do. And then there are a few that don't just to dilute the boredom of unified thinking (again, because somewhere deep down you might be wanting it), and you call them mad/hallucinating/whatever. It's a philosophical problem and I haven't found a big enough contradiction to disprove it to myself. So I agree it's a possibility. Maybe I'm not even using my mind fully just because I imagined it this way to make things interesting. :) But yeah, it doesn't work with multiple minds in the sandbox at all.

Just a note, I'm not meaning to impress the idea upon anyone, and I'm not meaning to scare anyone, neither do I believe strongly in what I've just put out there. I'm just throwing it out there as an interesting thought.
And good for you because it's nothing new. ;-) I've read 3 fantasy books recently with this/similar idea of the world and I imagine (becomes a funny word in this context) there should be many more.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:49:08 PM by Lowezar »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

You can't know if reality is "objective".

But the notion that people can live in a "dimension", where earth is flat, forces us to define a physical term I want to call "Dimensional Dumbness".

A Dimension with positive dumbness D+ is a dimension with dumb physical laws.

Our dimension may have a dumbness of 0, D0. I wonder if a dimension can have negative dumbness D-. How would such a dimension look like?

Careful, You'll radidly lose you "FalseProphet" status if you start sprouting so much wisdom.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist

Wow, what anger.

Screenwriting 101: Think twice before concluding your movie with "it was all dream".
Logic 101: Never make an unfalsifiable hypothesis.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Science doesn't talk about what's true. It talks about what our methods of exposing truth can say to describe it.[nb]paraphrasing Heisenburg and Feynman[/nb] As such, they can both be as true scientifically.

Also you state reality is objective but you don't support this. Giving you this, you still have to show that our methods of exposing truth are objective. Evidence seems to state the opposite, though they certainly like to appear to be objective and certainly like to appear to try to be objective, that is true.

The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

daftpunk

• hi i'm Joe
As Jaden Smith put it,

Reality And Perception Should Be The Same Word

basically, that we can only 'know' as much as we can experience as finite points of consciousness detecting the physical world through unreliable senses. If you are told something enough times, from birth, then you'll never question it, and it may even start to be true for you. I like this theory because it allows for things like satellites and star patterns and all that, while still allowing the Earth to be flat.

Good work.
love from joe

What a fun Idea.
If we were 6th dimensional this would be our reality. Unfortunately we are definitely 3 dimensional.
All dimensions are spatial we can affect our movement in 3 of them and we are helplessly falling though the others.
Four dimensional and we could move up and down our timeline seeing all we would ever do or ever did do.
fifth dimensional and we could move up and down our timeline seeing all we COULD do or ever COULD have done.
Sixth dimensional and we could see what would have happened if we existed in a different place/time/
like a flat one.

That is one way this could work although this would require us to be able to see dimensions 4 and 5 before 6.(PURLEY hypothetical)

Another way you could have that affect is if you have a quantumley entangled copy of your brain on a flat earth and your brain here on this one, in theory it may be possible for you to move your conscious "soul" from one to the other, although when you move yours to one of the bodies the other you would inhabit your body.(PURLEY hypothetical and PROBABLY impossible.)

Or it's all a computer simulation. Naaaaa.       

daftpunk

• hi i'm Joe

I really enjoyed Elon Musk's little rant about the likelihood of us living in a simulation. It seems very reasonable, actually. Not sure that it ultimately makes much difference either way.
love from joe

?

Jadyyn

I really enjoyed Elon Musk's little rant about the likelihood of us living in a simulation. It seems very reasonable, actually. Not sure that it ultimately makes much difference either way.
Actually, we all are living in a type of simulation. I started to try to explain it a while back but instead of considering the concept, people didn't want to listen to it. Oh well...
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

Actually, we all are living in a type of simulation. I started to try to explain it a while back but instead of considering the concept, people didn't want to listen to it. Oh well...

Both FEs and REs are very hostile to that concept.

Really? Why? I mean... I can't see a way to dis/prove it if it's good enough of a simulation. What's there to be angry at?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Really? Why? I mean... I can't see a way to dis/prove it if it's good enough of a simulation. What's there to be angry at?

Most people don't like the thought, that reality is not "real".

An older version would be that reality is a function of consciousness, that is, that reality cannot exist in any way than being inside a consciousness. This thought is very common in Indian schools of thought. If you say this to a Westener, he understands, that reality is buit an illusion, but that's not what it means. It just means that it is the very nature of reality to be in a consciousness. Or even worse they say: Oh no, that's like in "Matrix".  That's the knockout argument.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
The Matrix is fun to think about. It's not a knockout argument, for me. What if we're living in someone else's simulation? That would still be a reality as a function of consciousness, just not the individual's consciousness.

But, I understand why people don't like the idea of reality not being real. It makes all the suffering seem even more cruel. If reality isn't real, why can't it be pleasant? Also, people (especially in the West) believe in free will, so thinking reality isn't real conflicts with their sense of personal agency.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
If you eject the "someone else" from "someone else's simulation", you have the Indian concept proper.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
The Matrix is fun to think about. It's not a knockout argument, for me. What if we're living in someone else's simulation? That would still be a reality as a function of consciousness, just not the individual's consciousness.

But, I understand why people don't like the idea of reality not being real. It makes all the suffering seem even more cruel. If reality isn't real, why can't it be pleasant? Also, people (especially in the West) believe in free will, so thinking reality isn't real conflicts with their sense of personal agency.

I don't think you understand WHY people are hostile towards it. You can't prove it, and you can't disprove it, so stop wasting everyone's time with it.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Just seems like a an unfalsifiable intellectual dead end to me.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.