Welcome to the alternative science forum

• 6 Replies

Daniel

• Administrator
« on: May 21, 2005, 04:30:10 AM »
I created this for the discussion of alternative/fringe science.  It doesn't have to be Flat Earth-related.  Perpetual motion, time travel, cryptozoology.. whatever you want to talk about!

The same rules apply here as do in the general Flat Earth forum.  You're more than welcome to disagree and argue to your heart's content.  All I ask is that you don't clutter the forum with lots of new threads like, "JEEZ YOU GUYS ARE ALL MORONS!!1"

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:18:24 AM »
Daniel,

Whatever your intentions, I have come to feel very strongly that this forum is actually a very, very unwelcome and hostile place for the expression of honest and sincere radical views expressing belief in alternative science.  Some of your moderators do not help this situation any, but reinforce this feeling by making declamations against constructive criticism and delving into unprofessional personal attacks, etc...

You intended this for lots of discussion of alternative/fringe science?  

In my experience the more elevated ideas and discussions were never able to get off the ground.  And it seems that the more promising forum members tend to come and then fade away after a while (and the moderators pat each other on the back for their "scientific refutations", et cetera).

- Dionysios

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:48 AM »
Quote from: "Dionysios"
You intended this for lots of discussion of alternative/fringe science?  

(and the moderators pat each other on the back for their "scientific refutations", et cetera).

How do you intend to have lots of discussion if people aren't allowed to disagree with your views?

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 10:22:49 AM »
Blockhead,

You'd be surprised how much progress can be made by like minded people.  On that, I am not deterred.
  Clearly, I am disappointed with the forum.  Do you think it a success?  I surely do not.  What do you count as its strong good points?  Seriously.  Not to win an argument.  I want to hear what they are because I seemingly find disgust in perhaps the same things in this forum where you find joy.

- Dionysios

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »
I admire the forums free debate of ideas.
An enraged
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 11:53:40 PM »
Free debate is the only way in which any ideas can be refuted or supported.  Dionysios, I agree with the fact that like-minded debate can lead to some great improvements in scientific theorys, but having skeptics can do a lot to strengthen the theorys as well
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »
Doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs...the more doubt the more you analyze it the stronger the evidence becomes.
quot;Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs." -Lily Tomlin
                CHILDREN OF MEN
"Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.  ~Socrates