A working FE model

• 2 Replies
?

Jadyyn

A working FE model
« on: June 06, 2016, 07:09:55 PM »
OK, I believe I have created a WORKING FE model AND map(!) that does NOT conflict with a RE model!

Mind you, I don't believe in it but it CAN theoretically work. I don't know how or if the sky works, but the land definitely does.

If you take a globe (with a single point S.Pole) and map it to an azimuthal (equidistant?) projection, there is a specific formula that maps every latitude and longitude to the projection. The S.Pole (a single point) will map to the edge (~50,000 mi circle - 90° S). Supposedly, the map is as accurate as the globe it is mapped from (1:1).

Everything on this FE is distorted by some sort of space time? A person standing one foot away from the S.Pole being one foot deep (chest to back) will be correct N-S but his one foot at the longitude of Australia and the other at say Africa will stretch him in an arc 10,000's of mi long.

The only way to perceive this person "correctly" - same size and shape - is to reverse engineer the formula (i.e. correct for the space time distortion). This will map the FE back to a globe and everything in proper proportions/distances. So the Earth would be flat and somehow (aether or a "reverse engineering" something) would make the Earth seem "correct".

I don't know how to map the sky. I got this off the top of my head.

You can also map the Earth beyond the FE to a concave Earth using this method (or any shape really as long as there is a formula). Again, I don't know how the sky would look.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

?

Jadyyn

Re: A working FE model
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 08:41:27 AM »
To make the sky work on this model, you would have to invoke a type of "instantaneous teleportation".

Surrounding the ~50,000+ mi S.Pole and S. Celestial Pole in the sky would be a "teleportation wall" - not an "ice wall". Anything going across it would instantaneously be teleported to the the other side of the disk coming out of the wall there.

This is necessary because when facing due south (at the S.Pole or S. Celestial Pole), you can see the stars in the sky below the S. Celestial Pole. These are on the other side of the disk 10,000+ mi BEHIND you. So somehow, you have to see them and also crossing the S.Pole, you have to appear instantaneously on the other side of the disk. When even straddling the S.Pole, you have to be on opposite sides of the disk at one time.

That completes the model.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

?

Jadyyn

Re: A working FE model
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:02:26 AM »
As John Davis says, this would be an application of a non-Euclidean space time that would make a FE work.