NASA 'lies'

• 178 Replies
NASA 'lies'
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »
Quite often on these boards it's asserted or implicated that NASA tells lies.

Does anyone have any specific, concrete examples of NASA lying? By this I mean examples either of NASA admitting to falsehood, or of there being generally and authoritatively accepted evidence that contradicts what NASA has said.

I'm not asking for conspiracy theory kind of stuff, or people's opinions. Just proper evidence. Ideally there would be citations, both for what NASA has claimed and also for the contradiction.

Re: NASA 'lies'
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:19:08 PM »

Does anyone have any specific, concrete examples of NASA lying? By this I mean examples either of NASA admitting to falsehood, or of there being generally and authoritatively accepted evidence that contradicts what NASA has said.

I'm not asking for conspiracy theory kind of stuff, or people's opinions. Just proper evidence. Ideally there would be citations, both for what NASA has claimed and also for the contradiction.

You must be joking.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:21:32 PM »
I heard an astronaut saying ina video, the year has 364 days. A blatant lie if you ask me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »

You must be joking.
So you don't have any evidence either!

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

You must be joking.

I'm not joking at all. Internet searches for 'NASA lies' just come up with conspiracy theories. Are there any actual, documented lies?

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »

You must be joking.

I'm not joking at all. Internet searches for 'NASA lies' just come up with conspiracy theories. Are there any actual, documented lies?

Is NASA lying?  Is Water Wet? I just did a search for 'is water wet' and Google says it isn't. 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »

You must be joking.

Is NASA lying?  Is Water Wet? I just did a search for 'is water wet' and Google says it isn't.

So you've been taking it for granted that NASA lies, without realizing that you have no evidence.  Now that someone is calling you out on that, you're trying to shift the blame onto them. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »

You must be joking.

So you've been taking it for granted that NASA lies, without realizing that you have no evidence.  Now that someone is calling you out on that, you're trying to shift the blame onto them.

Nice try.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 04:07:10 PM »

You must be joking.

Nice try.

See?  You're avoiding the question. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

?

Kami

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 01:46:21 AM »

Now that is funny. It would have been more respectable to admit that you do not have any evidence. The water is wet example is nice. This is an experiment, which everyone can perform at home. It is in fact so easy to perform that it is not necessary to document the outcome.
The NASA-is-lying argument is pure circular reasoning. You assume that it is obvious that nasa is lying, therefore you do not feel the need to prove it. But, unlike water, I can not put my hand in NASA and determine it is wet (or lying, in this case). Therefore, you have to provide evidence.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 02:06:51 AM »
NASA and every government agency in the world, including 100's of other industries HAVE to lie en mass for the flat earth conspiracy to work.
With out a super global conspiracy they have nothing.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 02:24:19 AM »
NASA and every government agency in the world, including 100's of other industries HAVE to lie en mass for the flat earth conspiracy to work.
With out a super global conspiracy they have nothing.

It would be interesting to try to estimate the percentage of the earths population which would have to be lying about a flat earth.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 03:24:00 AM »
It would be interesting to try to estimate the percentage of the earths population which would have to be lying about a flat earth.
As I wrote somewhere here a month or so ago, we (me an my colleagues) did try such exercise on a lazy friday eve. :) I admit, we weren't exactly sober, but we estimated some 40% population of our country (Ukraine) to have to keep quiet since mid 50s. This includes all sorts of astronomers, geodesists, rocket designers and builders, politicians and local authorities obviously, accountants in all related government institutions... And lots and lots of other people of various specialities indirectly involved in building the rockets and satellites for USSR/Russia, e.g. people on metalwork factories making rocket/satellite parts, tracking stations, observatories...
Not sure how it extrapolates to entire Earth, but I imagine it's still a huge chunk of Earth population. If there was a hoax making all these people's jobs impossible, it would've slipped out over all this time.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:27:42 AM by Lowezar »

?

Kami

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 03:59:01 AM »
As I wrote somewhere here a month or so ago, we (me an my colleagues) did try such exercise on a lazy friday eve. :) I admit, we weren't exactly sober, but we estimated some 40% population of our country (Ukraine) to have to keep quiet since mid 50s. This includes all sorts of astronomers, geodesists, rocket designers and builders, politicians and local authorities obviously, accountants in all related government institutions... And lots and lots of other people of various specialities indirectly involved in building the rockets and satellites for USSR/Russia, e.g. people on metalwork factories making rocket/satellite parts, tracking stations, observatories...
Not sure how it extrapolates to entire Earth, but I imagine it's still a huge chunk of Earth population. If there was a hoax making all these people's jobs impossible, it would've slipped out over all this time.
I would guess a much lower percentage, although it still would be quite high. For example local authorities or the people making rocket/satellite parts do not necessarily know that what they are working on is a fraud.
On the other hand, every pilot and flight director, most members of any naval operation and everyone who has ever been to antarctica and seen a midnight sun/midday night would have to be included. (If you want to be nitpicking you can include every person (equipped with a bit common sense) in the southern hemisphere, since the motion of the stars there can not be explained under FET, but then you would have to include everyone who has ever seen a sunset, and that would make lots and lots of people. But I guess those can not be called liars, since even most FE members would have seen a sunset.)
Also, it is not just NASA, also Roscosmos (and ESA and so on). After the fall of the sovjet union, where there was a lot of anarchy and whole weapon arsenals supposeldy vanished, this conspiracy stayed intact, which says a lot about how well-organized it is. Why the russians participated in a conspiracy which eventually ruined them is still a mystery though.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot: We have google earth, which maps our planet as a globe with quite accurate precision (say we allow a 5% error in measured distances in google earth). Then the earth can not be flat, since curvature is invariant under isometries (saying if we map something and preserve distances, then we also preserve curvature). So (especially in the southern hemisphere) the distances have to be very different from the ones provided by google earth. Noone noticed until now, so many people in the southern hemisphere have to be included in the conspiracy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:06:25 AM by Kami »

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 06:08:59 AM »
For example local authorities or the people making rocket/satellite parts do not necessarily know that what they are working on is a fraud.
That thought is a mistake. You're assuming people tiny parts of a huge machine don't wonder what they're doing or why is this piece have to be shaped exactly like this, or a boss not wanting to learn how exactly this part classifies for reports, and additionally what it would cost on black market. While there are such exceptions among "common workers" they are that - exceptions. Most people will poke everyone around and turn entire internet upside-down in search what the hell they're making. They may not exactly need it since they have a drawing but most people are curious about weirdly shaped parts, you know. :) And again, taking our local realities into account... they'll what to know if it's profitable to try and sneak one "extra" that "nobody would notice" out and resell personally. :)

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 06:31:48 AM »
NASA never admits its lies, they just make the lie an industry standard. For example, if NASA says that they have a satellite in polar orbit, then everyone believes that they have a satellite in polar orbit. No need to prove this claim or anything, it just becomes "true."

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:45 AM »
NASA never admits its lies, they just make the lie an industry standard. For example, if NASA says that they have a satellite in polar orbit, then everyone believes that they have a satellite in polar orbit. No need to prove this claim or anything, it just becomes "true."

What is even more cool about this lie, is the people that wanted that satellite up starts actually getting the information from this said satellite. So the industry standard has been working quite well.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »
(If you want to be nitpicking you can include every person (equipped with a bit common sense) in the southern hemisphere.

Alas, that's why I'm here.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot: We have google earth, which maps our planet as a globe with quite accurate precision (say we allow a 5% error in measured distances in google earth). Then the earth can not be flat, since curvature is invariant under isometries (saying if we map something and preserve distances, then we also preserve curvature). So (especially in the southern hemisphere) the distances have to be very different from the ones provided by google earth. Noone noticed until now, so many people in the southern hemisphere have to be included in the conspiracy.

Totally agree, anyone in the southern hemisphere that a FE map has the scales and distances wrong in five seconds.

The fact they can't make a scale map yet call F.E a "theory" is so far above my paygrade I've given up on ever understanding it.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Kami

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 07:46:38 AM »
For example local authorities or the people making rocket/satellite parts do not necessarily know that what they are working on is a fraud.
That thought is a mistake. You're assuming people tiny parts of a huge machine don't wonder what they're doing or why is this piece have to be shaped exactly like this, or a boss not wanting to learn how exactly this part classifies for reports, and additionally what it would cost on black market. While there are such exceptions among "common workers" they are that - exceptions. Most people will poke everyone around and turn entire internet upside-down in search what the hell they're making. They may not exactly need it since they have a drawing but most people are curious about weirdly shaped parts, you know. :) And again, taking our local realities into account... they'll what to know if it's profitable to try and sneak one "extra" that "nobody would notice" out and resell personally. :)
Well, technically they could build those satellites, mount them on a rocket and send that rocket upwards. Of course it will hit the dome/explode/lose thrust as soon as it leaves the atmosphere, depends whom you ask. The only people involved in this conspiracy are the ones faking the data which comes from the rocket and the satellites. Of course if you build everything accurately as you tell the public, there is not that much profit to be made, but well... it has to be a big conspiracy, otherwise it would all collapse.

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:14 AM »

Do you have any evidence that when NASA says they have a satellite in polar orbit, they don't?

If NASA lies, they risk being found out. My question at the start of this thread is basically asking for cases of NASA being verifiably found out. So far, nothing.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »

You must be joking.

Please provide a specific example and evidence.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

Kami

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-1725,00.html first page you get when you google water is wet. It is about a clear definition of wetness and has nothing to do with the point that noone has even the slightest evidence of a situation where nasa lied, instead everyone just claims they do.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »

So, no takers then. Is it to be assumed that NASA don't tell lies after all?

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 12:47:08 AM »

This is actually pretty funny. This was the base substance of my very first post here. Asking about the parts I fabricate where they go. Who is paying me. Questions about the things I have seen and experienced in my profession. Ect ect under the flat earth model.

This is exactly what you said someone would do, good call.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 01:07:05 AM »
You're asking for times when a well funded agency admitted to lying?
Or
When authorities admitted NASA lied?

There are two press conferences you might want to look at, the apollo11 press conference where they seem like they just got buttfucked,rather than returning from the most amazing mission never.
And the mars Rover press conference where the Elvis haired lead engineer can't answer any of the crowds questions
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 02:16:14 AM »
NASA lies about Newton's 3rd Law. as it claims both Forces can be exerted on the same Object yet still result in Motion.

This is basically like saying I can lift myself off the ground by pulling on my bootlaces.

This one Big Lie invalidates pretty much all the rest of their claims.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 02:35:21 AM »
NASA lies about Newton's 3rd Law. as it claims both Forces can be exerted on the same Object yet still result in Motion.

This is basically like saying I can lift myself off the ground by pulling on my bootlaces.

No you just don't understand Newton's third. And in this case the fact that one object becomes two and that net momentum is zeroes each new object moves away from each other. ie a rocket and its fuel.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 02:50:29 AM »
You're asking for times when a well funded agency admitted to lying?
Or
When authorities admitted NASA lied?

I'm asking for examples of verified, substantiated lies, either from admission or from reputable third party evidence.

There are two press conferences you might want to look at, the apollo11 press conference where they seem like they just got buttfucked,rather than returning from the most amazing mission never.
And the mars Rover press conference where the Elvis haired lead engineer can't answer any of the crowds questions

I'm guessing you mean " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">this and " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">this? What lies do you think these footages substantiate?

Edit: fixed links.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:55:13 AM by Copper Knickers »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 03:01:47 AM »

No you just don't understand Newton's third. And in this case the fact that one object becomes two and that net momentum is zeroes each new object moves away from each other. ie a rocket and its fuel.

You say I don't understand N3 then write garbage like that?

Let us never forget, 'Mainframes', that you did not even know the Newtonian definition of the term 'Force' until I told you...

Toodle-pip, Walter Mitty!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Kami

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 04:44:40 AM »

You say I don't understand N3 then write garbage like that?

Let us never forget, 'Mainframes', that you did not even know the Newtonian definition of the term 'Force' until I told you...

Toodle-pip, Walter Mitty!
Okay, but then every single authority in physics has to lie about this law. You know, everyone who ever graduated in physics. Some of them are quite intelligent. I highly doubt that.