The realities of Noah's Ark

• 68 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: The realities of Noah's Ark
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2016, 05:53:48 PM »
I find it humorous how angry people get at any thought of a higher power.

I don't get angry at the thought of a higher power. What I do get angry at though, is the fact that so many people are arrogant enough to believe that they know exactly what that higher power is and what it wants. And how that arrogance leads to war, racism, homophobia, misogyni, tribalism, etc.

If they actually had a pair of balls, and a fully functioning brain, these people would be comfortable with the thought "we have no idea what's going on, so let's make the best of this life while we live it". But no. Can't do that.

"I know how everything works! I know why we are here! Because [insert religious text of choice here] tells me so!"

No, you fucking don't. You don't know shit.

First of all symptom  :-*..
Now since that is out of the way.

You are describing the atrocities of man with the justifications of religion. Hence why I renounce churches religion ect, though I still have my faith.

Fyi science is just as bad at this, or even worse "I know how everything works, and why we are here!!"

Now go punch a kitten while saluting the dark lord you sexy satan worshiping beast.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2016, 10:23:43 PM »
:o For en overraskelse! Symptom har sagt noget meningsfuldt!  :o

That's half Danish/half Norwegian.  ;D

But yes, once in a while I have a moment of clarity, and I actually make a little bit of sense.
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »
I find it humorous how angry people get at any thought of a higher power.

I don't get angry at the thought of a higher power. What I do get angry at though, is the fact that so many people are arrogant enough to believe that they know exactly what that higher power is and what it wants. And how that arrogance leads to war, racism, homophobia, misogyni, tribalism, etc.

If they actually had a pair of balls, and a fully functioning brain, these people would be comfortable with the thought "we have no idea what's going on, so let's make the best of this life while we live it". But no. Can't do that.

"I know how everything works! I know why we are here! Because [insert religious text of choice here] tells me so!"

No, you fucking don't. You don't know shit.

First of all symptom  :-*..
Now since that is out of the way.

You are describing the atrocities of man with the justifications of religion. Hence why I renounce churches religion ect, though I still have my faith.

Fyi science is just as bad at this, or even worse "I know how everything works, and why we are here!!"

Now go punch a kitten while saluting the dark lord you sexy satan worshiping beast.

I agree that organized religion is shit.

"Science" on the other hand, never made the claim "we know everything". Come on, man. You know better than that...

"Science" is about asking questions, not about absolutes rooted in belief.

And yes, I will punch kittens in the name of the dark lord. And NASA.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:34:48 PM by Symptom »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2016, 10:32:22 PM »

But yes, once in a while I have a moment of clarity, and I actually make a little bit of sense.

Now I'm confused. Isn't that bokmal? Half Danish, half Norwegian?

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

Now I'm confused. Isn't that bokmal? Half Danish, half Norwegian?

"For en overraskelse" is proper Norwegian.

"Noget meningsfuldt" is Danish. The Norwegian form is "noe meningsfullt".

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2016, 10:41:38 PM »
So: "For en overraskelse! Symptom har sagt noe meningsfullt!"

In proper Norwegian.  ;)

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 07:19:43 PM »
The story of Noah is tough enough to believe without adding Flat Earth to the mix.

It seems to me that, if the Earth were flat like a dish, that excess water would slosh over The Edge of the Earth, before the Flood would accumulate enough to cover the mountains.The mountains would not have been covered by the Flood, leaving an opportunity for animals and people to survive outside the boat.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »
The story of Noah is tough enough to believe without adding Flat Earth to the mix.

It seems to me that, if the Earth were flat like a dish, that excess water would slosh over The Edge of the Earth, before the Flood would accumulate enough to cover the mountains.The mountains would not have been covered by the Flood, leaving an opportunity for animals and people to survive outside the boat.

There is evidence of a flood event around that area many thousands of years ago. My guess is the flooding was local, but from the peoples perspective, the world 'as they knew it' was flooded. Perhaps the flood was some metaphor for a great change, a whole new reset on the way they did things. None of us were alive then to debunk or know what people meant. The meanings of words change over time. It is silly for us to apply 21st century western, mostly Godless culture to a time many thousands of years ago to a God fearing culture in a completely different language.

The fact that this 'ark' has not been found is also not proof of the stories fabrication. The smart thing to do would have been to dismantle the ark to help rebuild wherever they ended up. I doubt Noah would have cared to preserve the ark for posterity or some future museum.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
Cartog, why are you necro-ing threads like this?