The sickest video of returning from space ever

• 1205 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: The sickest video of returning from space ever
« Reply #1020 on: July 16, 2016, 08:22:52 PM »
The fuel rich exhaust is fed into the engine nozzle extension (well past the combustion chamber and throat) where it may or may not burn on its own.

You're just making this shit up...

Why not just vent it out the side of the rocket where it'd be harmless?

Why vent it into the fucking engine of all places?

That's the last place you'd want unburned fuel floating around before main ignition for fuck's sake!

Please tell me what might happen to the overrich exhaust in the bell - catch fire!  ;D ;D It's already used up any oxygen in it! Do you find the smokey exhaust fro a car catching fire!  ;D ;D And what if it did? What's to burn, until fuel/oxygen mixture is fed in, and then do you know what they do with that fuel? You would NEVER guess!!  ::) ;D They IGNITE IT!  ;D ::)

Go learn a bit about the Rocketdyne F-1. You spout all this nonsense purely out of you spaghetti-brain. Why don't you look up the reasons for yourself?

The exhaust from the fuel pump turbine is fed to the last part of the bell to help cool it.
You can easily see where the turbine exhaust feeds into the bell part way down.
;) ;) And above the bell, you can even see the (quite small) combustion chamber  ;) ;)
in case you haven't found it yet. Yes, I know that it has a minimal convergent section.

Einstein did say: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
I didn't know that you and Einsten had met!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1021 on: July 16, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »
Some historical background on the F1 for the creepy little plonker  to read and digest while he's on his 3 day ban. 

http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/saturn_apollo/documents/F-1_Engine.pdf

Note the function and location of the hypergolic ignition system.   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1022 on: July 16, 2016, 09:24:45 PM »
The fuel rich exhaust is fed into the engine nozzle extension (well past the combustion chamber and throat) where it may or may not burn on its own.

You're just making this shit up...

Why not just vent it out the side of the rocket where it'd be harmless?
Because it can be useful for cooling the nozzle extension.

Why vent it into the fucking engine of all places?

That's the last place you'd want unburned fuel floating around before main ignition for fuck's sake!
Umm...  Ignition happens inside the combustion chamber, not outside it.

Watch the video:
The sparklers clearly ignite the main engines; a child can see it.
*sigh*
Nik from Urbana, IL: Just before ignition there seems to be sparks flying at the perimeter of the nozzles. What are those? Thanks.

Leinbach: Those sparks are called our hydrogen burn-off igniters and they are intended to burn free hydrogen. When we start up the engines, there is a little bit of hydrogen that comes out that hasn't ignited yet when combined with the oxygen in the system. Also, if we do have an on-pad engine shutdown after we've started the engines and have to turn them off for some reason, we shut down fuel rich as well meaning that the last bit of fuel that comes out of the engines will be hydrogen. So, those sparklers, that we like to call them, will burn off free hydrogen in the atmosphere rather than let it ignite on its own as it travels up the side of the ship. That's a safety consideration. It burns hydrogen before it causes us any trouble.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1023 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »
Some historical background on the F1 for the creepy little plonker  to read and digest while he's on his 3 day ban. 

http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/saturn_apollo/documents/F-1_Engine.pdf

Note the function and location of the hypergolic ignition system.
3 day ban?

I did a member search for "Papa Legba" and got "Sorry, no matches were found" - maybe it should have read "Cheers, no matches were found".

Mind you I found: SpaPapa, Date Registered: July 05, 2016, 08:46:16 PM, Last Active:  July 05, 2016, 08:48:29 PM.

Any connection?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1024 on: July 17, 2016, 12:14:23 AM »
Can someone send me a PM,  to confirm that the system is working and I can receive PM's...   thanks.

Ok,  thanks for those who sent PM's ...  that confirms the PM system is working properly,  and sceptimatic just hasn't honoured his promise. 

So,  we now know the dome and everything else is a lie,   should  he be publicly shamed and pilloried?   I for one feel sorry for him,  he's living in a dream of his own making,   he is a free thinker  and stands against the normal interpretation of the world,  even to the point of being made to look stupid.   I say he should be respected and appreciated for that. 

Sorry scepti,   I was hoping the dome was real,  but,  no matter,  maybe you will build it one of these days.   Send me a picture,  you already have my email address.

So,  I've given you plenty of time to come clean,  last chance to tell the truth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2016, 12:16:19 AM »
Can someone send me a PM,  to confirm that the system is working and I can receive PM's...   thanks.

Ok,  thanks for those who sent PM's ...  that confirms the PM system is working properly,  and sceptimatic just hasn't honoured his promise. 

So,  we now know the dome and everything else is a lie,   should  he be publicly shamed and pilloried?   I for one feel sorry for him,  he's living in a dream of his own making,   he is a free thinker  and stands against the normal interpretation of the world,  even to the point of being made to look stupid.   I say he should be respected and appreciated for that. 

Sorry scepti,   I was hoping the dome was real,  but,  no matter,  maybe you will build it one of these days.   Send me a picture,  you already have my email address.

So,  I've given you plenty of time to come clean,  last chance to tell the truth.
What are you talking about?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2016, 12:28:43 AM »

Quote from: sceptimatic the compulsive liar
Just in case it's my end that's the issue, rayzor, I'll send you a pm with my email address. If you get my email address then send me an email and I can directly send you the pictures from my email to yours in a return.

I was prepared to be generous,  but  you just admitted to everyone on the forum that you lied and don't deserve to be trusted.   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2016, 01:14:31 AM »

Just in case it's my end that's the issue, rayzor, I'll send you a pm with my email address. If you get my email address then send me an email and I can directly send you the pictures from my email to yours in a return.

I was prepared to be generous,  but  you just admitted to everyone on the forum that you lied and don't deserve to be trusted.
I'm still waiting for your email address.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »

Here you go,  since you asked so nicely  rayzor9881@gmail.com 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2016, 01:19:36 AM »

Here you go,  since you asked so nicely  rayzor9881@gmail.com
That wasn't so hard, was it?

Ok, I'll send you an email to say hello. Just reply to it and then I'll add the necessary info in return. It's up to you now. Call me a liar again and you'll get nothing ever again.

« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:29 AM »
Oh here we go.... Scepti trying to give himself an out where there is none. Let me guess, either rayzor will miraculously fail to send you a return email (which you apparently need all of a sudden for no good reason whatsoever) or he will continue waiting for an email from you that you will claim you've sent but never did. You will deny all of this of course and blame rayzor, gmail/google/carrier pigeons/whatever.

Oh poor scepti, what a tangled web you weave! Far better to just admit you lied years ago.

That said though, I'm sure however this plays out will be entertaining, scepti-style.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2016, 01:36:23 AM »
Oh here we go.... Scepti trying to give himself an out where there is none. Let me guess, either rayzor will miraculously fail to send you a return email (which you apparently need all of a sudden for no good reason whatsoever) or he will continue waiting for an email from you that you will claim you've sent but never did. You will deny all of this of course and blame rayzor, gmail/google/carrier pigeons/whatever.

Oh poor scepti, what a tangled web you weave! Far better to just admit you lied years ago.

That said though, I'm sure however this plays out will be entertaining, scepti-style.
Try not to ruin this for your good friend, Rayzor.
Any more crap like this and you spoil it for your very good friend, Rayzor. Do I make myself clear?
Answer to this before I get going.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2016, 01:40:23 AM »

Any more crap like this and you spoil it for your very good friend, Rayzor. Do I make myself clear?

This is between you and me,  honour your promises and I'll give you no drama.   

« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2016, 01:42:35 AM »

Enough stalling, good buddy. Send rayzor the goods, he deserves it I'm sure you'll agree.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2016, 01:43:04 AM »

Then have a word with your little snappy dog. Whack his nose with a newspaper or whatever. If I don't get an apology from your snappy dog within the next 5 minutes, he ruins it for you and we will have no further correspondence as regards my dome and diagrams leading up to the building and workings of it.

« Reply #1035 on: July 17, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »

Then have a word with your little snappy dog. Whack his nose with a newspaper or whatever. If I don't get an apology from your snappy dog within the next 5 minutes, he ruins it for you and we will have no further correspondence as regards my dome and diagrams leading up to the building and workings of it.

I apologize unreservedly, scepti. I am sorry, I was out of line. Please accept my humblest of apologies  :-[

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2016, 01:49:14 AM »

He's not my "snappy dog" as you put it,  and I have no control over what other people do.  But I can ask,  FETlolcakes,  but out,  you aren't helping!   I see he has already apologized. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2016, 01:50:59 AM »

I apologize unreservedly, scepti. I am sorry, I was out of line. Please accept my humblest of apologies  :-[
Ok that's good. You've just given your best pal Rayzor the opportunity to see the entire set up from start to finish, of my dome.

All I ask of Rayzor from this point on is not to divulge what I send to him to anyone on this forum. However, he is free to divulge it to anyone he wants to through his emails.

I need his word  on this.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1038 on: July 17, 2016, 01:53:10 AM »

Ok that's good. You've just given your best pal Rayzor the opportunity to see the entire set up from start to finish, of my dome.

All I ask of Rayzor from this point on is not to divulge what I send to him to anyone on this forum. However, he is free to divulge it to anyone he wants to through his emails.

I need his word  on this.

You have my word.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1039 on: July 17, 2016, 03:12:58 AM »
Let me know when you have sent the email.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1041 on: July 17, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
.......................  crickets ...............................

This is the time where we find out  once and for all if sceptimatic is honest or if he is a liar.     

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 07:18:20 PM by Rayzor »

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #1042 on: July 17, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
.......................  crickets ...............................

This is the time where we find out  once and for all if sceptimatic is honest or if he is a liar.     

So I know you cannot divulge the content of the experiment, but did you get the package?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1043 on: July 17, 2016, 07:48:53 PM »
So I know you cannot divulge the content of the experiment, but did you get the package?

No,   and I'm taking bets on what excuse he will cough up.  :)   

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1044 on: July 17, 2016, 08:16:24 PM »
Well that is a shame...you have handled it admirably though. However, the fact he is full of lies invalids his assertions which is sad. He seems like a nice guy, just mis guided and un truthful

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1045 on: July 17, 2016, 08:28:19 PM »
Well that is a shame...you have handled it admirably though. However, the fact he is full of lies invalids his assertions which is sad. He seems like a nice guy, just mis guided and un truthful

The reality is that he has a big mouth and more often than not makes promises he can't keep,  I'd bet that applies to his real life as well,  full of good intent and imagination, then when push comes to shove he procrastinates and finds excuses to do nothing,  all the while blaming others for his failings.  His thought processes are often muddled, and he paints himself into a corner. He just did it again.

So I don't feel he should be called out and accused of lying altogether, he may have even started on building a dome, with all good intentions, then just couldn't see it through.

Who knows the truth?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1046 on: July 17, 2016, 08:54:30 PM »

The reality is that he has a big mouth and more often than not makes promises he can't keep,  I'd bet that applies to his real life as well,  full of good intent and imagination, then when push comes to shove he procrastinates and finds excuses to do nothing,  all the while blaming others for his failings.  His thought processes are often muddled, and he paints himself into a corner. He just did it again.

So I don't feel he should be called out and accused of lying altogether, he may have even started on building a dome, with all good intentions, then just couldn't see it through.

Who knows the truth?

I have to partially agree with you, as I don't think he should be taken out back and beat with a hose as someone like Legba should. As he is polite, and seems to have a kindness in him.

However, a lie is a lie. He has said alot of things that seem to count as such. Many times he has used these untruths to seem above another in a debate. So to me this adds to the crime.

I would completely agree with you if he sent pictures and documentation of a partially completed dome. As that does spell intent and I know life happens, so sometimes intent gets delayed. If he sent you something like that, I would find that quite neat, say he didn't lie, and even want to help any way I could to help him finish it.

Same with his wealth, say he was worth half a million dollars(not millions), and of Vietnamese descent not North Korean...ok so what?? Everyone gets carried away at times I suppose in a convo.

Same with all the others things he said...however, complete lies, cannot tolerate those.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2016, 01:53:35 AM »
Scepti has a kindness in him? No, I won't accept that for someone with his ego, or for someone who calls me and others sheep or disinfo agents or whatever else he comes up with. He's just delusional and fights an invisible battle.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #1048 on: July 18, 2016, 04:08:22 AM »
^^^the sticky gauge love fest continues.

Do your own thread about sceptimatic. Not what the thread is about and not going to alleviate the massive pile of crap asserted here by markjo, mainframes, John, and Geoff.

Crap pile one: CoP/CoG relationship OVERRULED by type of control (active or passive) system used by rocckitt;
Crap pile two: Geoff clearly wrote the Saturn V had NO FINS!

Anyone can feel free to read the thread. It is no wonder the sock puppet accounts were brought out to bury this massive fail by shitposting off topic nonsense.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1049 on: July 18, 2016, 04:37:59 AM »
^^^the sticky gauge love fest continues.

Do your own thread about sceptimatic. Not what the thread is about and not going to alleviate the massive pile of crap asserted here by markjo, mainframes, John, and Geoff.

Crap pile one: CoP/CoG relationship OVERRULED by type of control (active or passive) system used by rocckitt;
Crap pile two: Geoff clearly wrote the Saturn V had NO FINS!

Anyone can feel free to read the thread. It is no wonder the sock puppet accounts were brought out to bury this massive fail by shitposting off topic nonsense.

Sticky Gage?   ....  Says the little troll who's never read a precision pressure or vacuum gage in his entire deprived life.   Tap tap ...    anybody home?

Rockets don't  specifically need fins,  provided the CG is above the CP,   fins will lower the CP,  but if the CG is high enough in relation to the CP fins aren't required.   

You do however,   require a brain to understand how simple this is.

And,  I nearly forgot,  yes,  you can  control an inherently unstable rocket with a well designed control system. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:49:52 AM by Rayzor »