seasons

• 16 Replies
seasons
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:12:24 PM »
Hi Guys, interested in seeing how the seasons work on a flat earth?

cheers

daftpunk

• hi i'm Joe
Re: seasons
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
The sun's path through the sky changes throughout the year, causing the different time zones. From there on, it's the same as round earth. Biology and all that.
love from joe

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »
are there any diagrams showing this because the only ones ive seen show a circular orbit over the flat circular earth like a lamp shining down, it would probably need to move away from the southern hemisphere in winter and vice versa for the north, strange i cant really picture it,

anyone able to draw this?

?

Kami

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 02:20:20 AM »
Found an image that describes the motion:

But when you live in the southern hemisphere, you might have some problems with this model.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 05:54:21 AM »
Seasons, eh? What about Polar Seasons?

Especially during the equinoxes, when both the entire outer ice sheet and the North Pole are supposedly lit all day, which, to keep your precious spotlight sun, would have to mean that there was no night, anywhere on Earth.

But, on a round earth model, sun perpendicular to the earth's axial plane (I.E the equinoxes) can cause both poles to be illuminated.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
are there any diagrams showing this because the only ones ive seen show a circular orbit over the flat circular earth like a lamp shining down, it would probably need to move away from the southern hemisphere in winter and vice versa for the north, strange i cant really picture it,

It is not always a nice round "spotlight" as FEers would have you believe:
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »

It is not always a nice round "spotlight" as FEers would have you believe:

How can the Sun produce light as seen in the 3rd figure ? That seems pretty odd...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:54:21 PM by telsarbg »

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:58:44 PM »
The sun's path through the sky changes throughout the year, causing the different time zones. From there on, it's the same as round earth. Biology and all that.

I'm curious, what forces dictate the path of the sun for it's transits?

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 12:14:55 AM »

But when you live in the southern hemisphere, you might have some problems with this model.

The 32km wide sun is going to be a hell of a long way away from us in Aus in June , it would look very tiny as well.

And I did look up today and it was directly overhead???
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:38:40 AM by wizza »

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »

The 32km wide sun is going to be a hell of a long way away from us in Aus in June , it would look very tiny as well.

I'm curious... As the "Tropic of Capricorn" (23.5° S) is almost 2x the length of the "Tropic of Cancer" (23.5° N), does your Sun move twice as fast across the sky as up north? It would go across Australia really fast (overhead E.Australia vs W.Australia - this could be tested/measured)...
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »

I'm curious... As the "Tropic of Capricorn" (23.5° S) is almost 2x the length of the "Tropic of Cancer" (23.5° N), does your Sun move twice as fast across the sky as up north? It would go across Australia really fast (overhead E.Australia vs W.Australia - this could be tested/measured)...

Yes 'our sun' is really motoring, it takes a full day for it to traverse these southern hemisphere skies ;)

Im more concerned about its position during the Norths summer i need to do some trigonometry

the sun moon orbit appears to go roughly over taiwan in june according to the pic. this is approx 6000km north of perth and the sun is 3000m (4800km) up then we are about 7500 kms away yet it appears directly above us ???

im confused how do the seasons work in a flat earth????

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »

It might be hard to get agreement here! The Flat Earthers don't know how wide Australia is!

To see what I mean about the E-W distances being grossly stretched on the Gleason's Map just look at these two maps of Australia.  The one on the left is from Gleason's and the one on the right on Google Earth.  I used the Google Earth as a quick way to get the shape right, but the measurement shown are from my Garmin Navigator map. I have checked this numerous times, both with map (surveyed) distances between towns and the car oddometer, which I know  is not more than 1% out (not all cars are that close - but Landcruisers (including the Prado I drive now)  are not that bad!.

Australia Size on Ice Wall Map

Australia on Gleason's Map

Australia on Google Earth

Measurement   
   Ice Wall   Gleason's   Garmin Nav
West-East 30° Lat   
   8,700 km   8,700 km   3,700 km
Cape Yk-Wils Prom   
   3,300 km   3,200 km   3,200 km
As you can see the on both the "Ice Wall Map" and the "Gleason's Map" the shape of Australia is grossly distorted, with the East-West distance on the "Ice Wall Map" and "Gleason Map" being 8,700 km compared to a more accurate distance of 3,700 km. The distances on the "Ice Wall Map" and  "Gleason's Map" are estimated by comparing the lengths with the Equator to North Pole taken as 10,000 km.
The North-South distances agree very well, but E-W distances are grossly in error - All the distances have been rounded to the nearest 100 km.

I know the column labelled "Garmin" is correct as I have driven over much of that area (yes all the way from west to east, tnough not ON the 30° S Lat). I have personally checked the maps, the car oddo and the "Garmin" (GPS) and all are in good agreement.

This is for 30° S Lat, but there would be a similar difference on the Tropic of Capricorn.

Another thing that bothers me is "who turns up the wick on the sun in the southern summer?  The Solar Radiation Intensity is 7% higher than in the northern summer, yet it has to cover twice the area on earth.

This means that the sun has to put about 2.14 times the energy in early January than it does in early July.

That must be a smart little sun.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »
Obviously the phlogiston Rab, you know jroa never actually explained how it illuminates the sun.

Also you guys wouldn't have so many disgruntled Aussies here if you could get our dimensions right, having driven around Australia, I know that Google has the distances right.

Also OP, FE doesn't have an explanation on what the seasons change. The RE explanation is really quite interesting tho.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
Best I could find.

How do you explain day/night cycles and seasons?
Day/night cycle on a Flat Earth

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The sun acts like a spotlight and shines downward as it moves. The picture below illustrates how the sun moves and also how seasons work on a flat earth. The apparent effect of the sun rising and setting is usually explained as a perspective effect.
Explanation of the seasons in Flat Earth Theory

When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplane (or hemisphere) and summer in the south.

From https://wiki.google.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Edit the staff on this site are so childish they censor "T£€$" you can find it on the other FE websites wiki complete with pictures.

Congrats John, nice work there man.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:04:43 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »
Best I could find.

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The sun acts like a spotlight and shines downward as it moves. The picture below illustrates how the sun moves and also how seasons work on a flat earth. The apparent effect of the sun rising and setting is usually explained as a perspective effect.

When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplane (or hemisphere) and summer in the south.

Edit the staff on this site are so childish they censor "T£€$" you can find it on the other FE websites wiki complete with pictures.

But I have no idea what keeps the sun, moon, planets and stars in these strange orbits. Why don't they just fly off into space ether or whatever.

Yes, how childish to try to prevent easy access to T F E S.org, when they don't block access to all the Globe information.

But maybe you need to look up a bit on Leo Ferrari. He was born in Australia and educated at the University of Sydney.
Leo had a video made "In Search of the Edge" about Andrea Barnes, simply to show students why we believe that the Earth is a Globe. Chase up about him, then look up Leo Ferrari In "the Wiki". I think that John thinks that T F E S are still taken in by the "spoof", yet he seems to espouse a lot of Leo Ferrari 's ideas.???
You do have to be careful of these Australians and their "sense of humour"!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:32:57 PM by rabinoz »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »
Best I could find.

But I have no idea what keeps the sun, moon, planets and stars in these strange orbits. Why don't they just fly off into space ether or whatever.

Wait i thought there was a dome 😂😂.
I came here out of genuine curiosity and the desire to know what evidence would convince someone that the earths flat. Needless to say I was disappointed.

All i found was a bunch of RE intellectuals and FE guys whose whole education on a geocentric flat earth model is a twenty minute youtube video. Also jroa.........

Fair dinkum mate 😂😂
I'm anti-judaism.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »
Best I could find.

Wait i thought there was a dome 😂😂.
I came here out of genuine curiosity and the desire to know what evidence would convince someone that the earths flat. Needless to say I was disappointed.

All i found was a bunch of RE intellectuals and FE guys whose whole education on a geocentric flat earth model is a twenty minute youtube video. Also jroa.........

Fair dinkum mate 😂😂
Met our dear "friend Papa" yet? Some would say he's "a few 'roos short in the top paddock". See'ya.