Falling in a Flat Earth

• 28 Replies
?

n37

Falling in a Flat Earth
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:10:39 PM »
         In the current Flat Earth Model, what holds you back to Earth is the fact that our planet is going up. So, how can you die by falling too high(or why don't you die when you jump)?
         On the Globe Earth model, we explain that with gravity, wich pushes you faster and faster onto the surface. But, in a Flat Earth, the planet accelerates, but doesn't bypass the speed of light. So, in a Flat Earth, falling from 50cm and falling from 8000m makes no difference at all. How do you explain that?

Re: Falling in a Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »
The flat earth is established, it cannot be moved.  It does not move whatsoever.

?

n37

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:14:22 PM »
The flat earth is established, it cannot be moved.  It does not move whatsoever.

So what holds you onto it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:21:48 PM by n37 »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
         In the current Flat Earth Model, what holds you back to Earth is the fact that our planet is going up. So, how can you die by falling too high(or why don't you die when you jump)?
         On the Globe Earth model, we explain that with gravity, wich pushes you faster and faster onto the surface. But, in a Flat Earth, the planet accelerates, but doesn't bypass the speed of light. So, in a Flat Earth, falling from 50cm and falling from 8000m makes no difference at all. How do you explain that?

It makes no differrent if you bump into a car or a car bumps into you. If you jump from a mountain, the earth plane has more time accelerating towards you, than when you jump from your table. Don't forget: in your frame of reference the earth plane does not move with almost c. So relativistic effects do not have to be considered in your suicide attempt.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »
         In the current Flat Earth Model, what holds you back to Earth is the fact that our planet is going up.
Stop.  You are being misinformed. 
I know, this website says the Earth is accelerating upwards.  Unfortunately, that is not proven.  I believe it is deliberate misinformation to make the true-earthers appear insane. 

The planet going up makes no sense to you.  You are right.  The planet is not going up. 

Air pressure. 
Your body is denser than the surrounding air.  Air pressure pulls the apple and the water drop down to the ground. 

This an aspect of physics that man takes for granted with every breath he takes. 
Molecules are constantly vibrating at a microscopic level.  They vibrate in the same plane as your eye-balls are located:  horizontally. 
As such, the net effect of different sized/density molecules vibrating side-by-each is that the denser molecules are pushed down while the smaller/less dense molecules are pushed up.  That is the way we are all made. 

?

n37

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 03:20:49 PM »

It makes no differrent if you bump into a car or a car bumps into you. If you jump from a mountain, the earth plane has more time accelerating towards you, than when you jump from your table. Don't forget: in your frame of reference the earth plane does not move with almost c. So relativistic effects do not have to be considered in your suicide attempt.

Interesting, but what if there was something making me go down? Imagine a wall that is 8000 meters tall. On the side of the wall, there is a cannon that launches a person down at 54 m/s (terminal velocity). On a Flat Earth, I would touch the surface faster because the Earth is also accelerating upwards, wouldn't I?

?

n37

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »
         In the current Flat Earth Model, what holds you back to Earth is the fact that our planet is going up.
I know, this website says the Earth is accelerating upwards.  Unfortunately, that is not proven.  I believe it is deliberate misinformation to make the true-earthers appear insane. 

The planet going up makes no sense to you.  You are right.  The planet is not going up. 

Air pressure. 
Your body is denser than the surrounding air.  Air pressure pulls the apple and the water drop down to the ground. 

This an aspect of physics that man takes for granted with every breath he takes. 
Molecules are constantly vibrating at a microscopic level.  They vibrate in the same plane as your eye-balls are located:  horizontally. 
As such, the net effect of different sized/density molecules vibrating side-by-each is that the denser molecules are pushed down while the smaller/less dense molecules are pushed up.  That is the way we are all made.

That's the problem a lot of people have with flat earthers. They don't seem to accept just one model.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »
That's the problem a lot of people have with flat earthers. They don't seem to accept just one model.
A lot of people?  What people? 
What is the problem??

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »

Interesting, but what if there was something making me go down? Imagine a wall that is 8000 meters tall. On the side of the wall, there is a cannon that launches a person down at 54 m/s (terminal velocity). On a Flat Earth, I would touch the surface faster because the Earth is also accelerating upwards, wouldn't I?

No, because the cannon ball retains the same upward move that it had when it was still inside the cannon and thus connected with the earth plane. It already had the same velocity as the earth plane when you fired it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
What is the problem??

It frustrates the roundies because we are independent thinkers.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »

Air pressure. 

Do you really believe the rubbish (esp the highlighted bit) you pedal, or are you really a Globe supporter trying to white ant and the whole idea of a flat earth.
Whichever way it is, keep up the good work, you are doing a wonderful job of ridiculing the Flat Earth!
Not only can air not pressure push anything down, it actually lifts things up - heard of helium or hot-air balloons!

Air pressure decreases with altitude, so the force on any object due to air pressure is more at the bottom than the top - heard of Archimedes principle?
Your suggestion would make an object weigh more when submerged in water, not less as we all know really happens.

This buoyancy in air at sea level is about 1.225 kg for each cubic metre of an objects volume (about 1.225 gm/litre) - and only one third as much at 10,000 m altitude.

So, no atmospheric pressure does not cause your weight!
So, back to the drawing board, again!

But, congratulations, you are doing a wonderful job of making the Globe with gravitation look the only credible option!

?

n37

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:07 PM »

No, because the cannon ball retains the same upward move that it had when it was still inside the cannon and thus connected with the earth plane. It already had the same velocity as the earth plane when you fired it.

What caused the cannon's downward force to stop? If it was the atrict of air, then what happens if the experiment is performed on a vaccum? What happens if we perform this experiment with a cannon that makes a downward move stronger than Earth's upward move? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I am not very experienced with physics.

?

n37

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 06:41:28 PM »
What is the problem??

More "independent models" = More uncorrected flaws, misinformation and discussions.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 06:02:27 AM »

Now I am curious... How is it you can say that, when FEers have a problem with that very concept when it comes to the Earth spinning 1000 mph at the equator? Airplanes and atmosphere moving at 1000 mph along with/on the Earth doesn't work but your cannon does? Why? Please explain this concept to FEers...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:28:26 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 06:24:33 AM »
A few quotes about the law of acceleration in the context of ether physics, the true cause of terrestrial gravity:

The charge of matter is due to its interchange with aether. The electron as well as the other subatomic particles are basically self-sustaining vortices in a fluidic particulate aether.

Matter absorbs and re-radiates energy from the medium (ether) which is responsible for the phenomenon known as gravitation.

Therefore, an intrinsic property of matter is that it absorbs energy from the ether.

The rate of acceleration of a falling object, which acquires kinetic energy is a measure of energy flow via conduction through the ether.

Let us consider what happens to a falling body. We know that it gathers kinetic energy from some source, as evidenced by its acceleration.

Charles Brush performed very precise experiments showing that metals of very high atomic weight and density tend to fall very slightly faster than elements of lower atomic weight and density, even though the same mass of each metal is used. He also reported that a constant mass or quantity of certain metals may be appreciably changed in weight by changing its physical condition.

Law of acceleration in view of the ether/aether theories:

http://www.rexresearch.com/brush/brush.htm

http://keelynet.com/gravity/grav7.txt

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 06:28:35 AM »

What caused the cannon's downward force to stop? If it was the atrict of air, then what happens if the experiment is performed on a vaccum? What happens if we perform this experiment with a cannon that makes a downward move stronger than Earth's upward move? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I am not very experienced with physics.

It is principally the same, no matter if you have air or vacuum. It is also irrelevant how fast the cannon ball goes.

I'm also not very good in physics. But this is only relative motions added to each other.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:43:53 AM by FalseProphet »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:06 AM »
What is the problem??

More "independent models" = More uncorrected flaws, misinformation and discussions.

More discussion is a good thing. Is that not how you correct flaws and misinformation?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »
WOW! 3 different theories of gravity within 16 comments (including non-FE)
Universal acceleration
Pressure
(And the solve all your problems favourite) Aether
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »

Air pressure. 

You are correct it is not accelerating. It is not to make flat earthers look insane - this was a belief before the whole youtube community found out the earth was flat too. Its based on relativity.  That said, the new site will not be featuring content on UA. It should be noted that UA can describe a plane that is accelerating AND stationary.

If you think it makes no sense, you don't understand enough about round earth theory to prove it wrong, to be frank. Its a classic textbook example for Einstein's relativity, and if you understand acceleration it makes sense. That said, its wrong.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:30:25 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 12:57:04 PM »

If mankind understood God's creation, they would do it themselves.   Some things will never be known, however people will act as if they do know.  Using logical theories, and bending the will of others to adhere to those theories.  Worshiping at the altar of scientists, and the misunderstood knowledge of mankind.  While at the same time abandoning their Father the creator, the Alpha and Omega, God.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:15 PM »

If mankind understood God's creation, they would do it themselves.   Some things will never be known, however people will act as if they do know.  Using logical theories, and bending the will of others to adhere to those theories.  Worshiping at the altar of scientists, and the misunderstood knowledge of mankind.  While at the same time abandoning their Father the creator, the Alpha and Omega, God.

Agreed, all hail the one true god Lord Vishnu!
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »
I think there are several ties that can be brought together between all religions - much like a dove knows hows to migrate, there is an innate knowledge. It lies in a shared social evolutionary history, and the laws that govern that.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »

Then what keeps me on the ground?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 07:28:14 PM »

Then what keeps me on the ground?

The power of prayer?
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 08:57:37 PM »
Air pressure. 
And what, exactly, holds the air on?

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 09:02:44 PM »
Air pressure. 
And what, exactly, holds the air on?

Really hard praying?

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »
Exactly, nothing! Since when does talking to yourself have any effect on anything? When they have no pseudo-scientific explanations for their "theories" they just turn to religion. They'd rather go to all this trouble than admit they're wrong.

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:06 PM »
I may be comming to this discussion late, but I do have a question.  If gravity doesn't exist, and it's air pressure that creates the effect of weight...What is moving the sun and the moon away from the earth's plane?  I mean, if the plane is in motion, then there has to be a force keeping the sun and moon from colliding with us, or if the ?Aether?  creates a downward force, what's countering that for other visible celestial bodies?

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 02:56:41 PM »
The fact that anyone believes "air pressure" could create any substantial downwards force is laughable.  Air is all around you, and thus exerts a pressure on you in every direction equally.

Anyway, it does not account for objects falling within vacuums.