Overwhelming support for general relativity.

• 116 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Overwhelming support for general relativity.
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2016, 10:14:02 AM »
Why are you so scared to back up your claim?

Why are you ashamed of your gay soccer buddies?

Isn't this classed as "low content" in the "upper fora"
Some might even consider it sexual harassment and/or homophobic hate speech.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2016, 02:14:20 PM »
If you believe in Relativity you by necessity must believe in a flat earth as in inertial frames of reference its clear that the Earth is flat. Otherwise orbits would not work.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2016, 02:44:54 PM »
If you believe in Relativity you by necessity must believe in a flat earth as in inertial frames of reference its clear that the Earth is flat. Otherwise orbits would not work.
That makes zero sense.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Kami

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »
Pretty shure Einstein, the inventor of general relativity, did not believe in a flat earth.

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
Can you explain this or give a link?

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
General Relativity, and Relativity in general, actually supports the flat Earth theory.

General relativity (GR) is a theory of gravitation that was developed by Albert Einstein between 1907 and 1915. According to general relativity, the observed gravitational attraction between masses results from the warping of space and time by those masses. General relativity has developed into an essential tool in modern astrophysics. It provides the foundation for the current understanding of black holes, regions of space where gravitational attraction is so strong that not even light can escape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein#General_relativity_and_the_equivalence_principle

Gravity is inconsistent with FE.

So not just me and sokarul then jroa.

Please show us where you believe GR supports a flat earth model, it is much easier to tear people down than to build yourself up, don't be caught in a lesser path.

You have still not provided a single case in which relativity contradicts FET.  If you can't support your claims, then please stay out of the debate section.  This forum is for the big kids.

You have still not provided a single case in which relativity supports FET.  If you can't support your claims, then please stay out of the debate section.  This forum is for the big kids.

(I don't know why I even feel the need to point out your inconsistencies, jroa, since your clearly just a troll. But bad arguments are still bad arguments, I guess.)

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2016, 08:55:27 AM »
First, as I point out here, (1) you have to have FIRST have a FE with people living on one side to contradict, (2) without which UA and relativity discussions/debates are immaterial and moot: (https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66457.0)

Second, jroa with his debate tactics and insults gets himself into hot water then tries to squirm out of if. When when REers try to "pin him down" on what he said, he cries "they are ganging up on me or chasing me around forums/threads" and insults people (fun for him as a moderator) because he has no proof, just unsupported claims and insults. Notice how he spins his
General Relativity, and Relativity in general, actually supports the flat Earth theory.
into
You have still not provided a single case in which relativity contradicts FET.  If you can't support your claims, then please stay out of the debate section.  This forum is for the big kids.
What a troll... just ignore him (actually "them", others that derail and insult people as well). Many FEers here are just here just to debate, derail and insult people. If you check jroa's original posts (2011), he was a strong REer. I was trying to find out what made him flip. He never answered. He wanted me to read through ~29,000 posts to find out! He can't summarize why because he is still a REer just arguing a FE (and I think he is just sick and likes to insult people for "the fun of it").
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:57:17 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »
Jadyyn

"I was trying to find out what made him flip"

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2016, 01:48:24 AM »
Why are you people so obsessed with me?  Is it because I intimate you, or because I fascinate you with my superior intellect?  Either way, this cyber stalking needs to stop.  Pull yourselves together. 

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2016, 02:03:43 AM »
Why are you people so obsessed with me? Is it because I intimate you, or because I fascinate you with my superior intellect?  Either way, this cyber stalking needs to stop.  Pull yourselves together.

:o I knew it  8)

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2016, 12:20:36 PM »
Can you explain this or give a link?
Sure relativity relies on Newton's Laws holding and gravity being a pseudoforce. Therefore inertial frames of reference are by nature still or travelling a straight line in curved space. Since perfectly orbiting satellites are indeed in inertial frames of reference we can then know they are either perfectly still or travelling a straight line. This follows from Newton's First Law:

A body at rest will remain at rest unless an outside force acts on it, and a body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an outside force.

and understanding the Equivalence principle (if it was accelerating then it would not be in an inertial frame of reference and also would not be travelling a straight-line at a constant speed).

Given all such stable orbiting satellites we see that the bounding space of Earth is then flat as it is comprised of many intersecting flat lines (the paths of the orbits.)

From there its a short jump to see the surface itself is also flat.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:23:50 PM by John Davis »

?

Kami

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
I think you mixed space with spacetime here. They travel in a straight line through spacetime, not through space itself.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
Edit: I'm going to look into this more to make sure I'm not putting my foot in my mouth first =-). Thanks for pointing this out. Rabinoz actually pointed out something similar earlier and I wrote it off.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:15:49 PM by John Davis »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2016, 07:48:12 PM »
Edit: I'm going to look into this more to make sure I'm not putting my foot in my mouth first =-). Thanks for pointing this out. Rabinoz actually pointed out something similar earlier and I wrote it off.

How very mature of you.  Rationality like that is hard to find in a forum like this.  I still think you're using General Relativity as a crutch to try and support your presupposed idea that the earth is flat.  The thing is, relativity is hard.  It's especially hard when you don't even have a firm grasp of Newtonian and Keplerian mechanics.  Study those first, and then see how General Relativity refines upon them. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »
I think you mixed space with spacetime here. They travel in a straight line through spacetime, not through space itself.
I don't think that he quite understands what curved spacetime really means either.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »
I do markjo.

I do believe it is still coherent but I want to show this formally. Its a good test against the idea. That said - if relativity doesn't hold up to it, all the worse for relativity. The theory is right - to paraphrase its creator.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2016, 04:55:21 PM »
I do believe it is still coherent but I want to show this formally. Its a good test against the idea. That said - if relativity doesn't hold up to it, all the worse for relativity. The theory is right - to paraphrase its creator.
I think you have it the other way around;  relativity has been tested thoroughly enough that yours is theory that would need to hold up to it.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
"Then I would feel sorry for the good Lord; the theory is correct."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »
I hate to tell you this John, but you're no Einstein.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2016, 10:02:02 AM »

Fortunately for the world, they didn't take Einsteins word for it. 
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2016, 10:51:31 AM »

Fortunately for the world, they didn't take Einsteins word for it.
No, and good job - as the majority of similar claims throughout history have turned out to be wrong.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
Its a good thing then that this one is correct.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »

Let us know when your idea is ready for falsification.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2016, 12:02:02 PM »
It will be right after Dark Matter is ready for falsification.

You know, because mainstream science avoid falsification by any means necessary. Nobody wants to throw away a careers worth of work.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2016, 12:03:44 PM »

Well publish the theory and lets see it put to peer review, not just a few clued up people on a forum debunking for fun.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
It will be right after Dark Matter is ready for falsification.

You know, because mainstream science avoid falsification by any means necessary. Nobody wants to throw away a careers worth of work.

It's already underway. Your turn! 

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2016, 12:17:27 PM »
If this were true then we'd still think combustion was due to phlogiston, disease is spread by a miasma and my doctor would be trying to balance my humours.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.