A Few Questions on Gravity and the FE

• 27 Replies

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
A Few Questions on Gravity and the FE
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
From what I can tell there are two different FETs, the infinite plane and the flying disc. It seems like the flying disk one is more popular though, but can someone confirm this and give a quick estimation of how many FE supporters would support the Infinite plane versus the flying disc? Going further into the flying disc one, where the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards, how many FE supporters think that the Earth is slightly domed, and how much does the Earth bulge out? And for the flying disc model, doesn't gravity have to exist if the Earth is indeed slightly domed? If we compare the Earth to a hill that is on a platform that is accelerating upwards at a constant rate in space, then how do people not start to roll off? If the source of the "downward attraction" (what is known as gravity) isn't pulling us to a single point in the center of the earth (Round Earth Theory) but is instead just simply pulling us straight down, then if we are on an angle wouldn't we start to roll off?
Any answers would be highly appreciated, although I would like to hear from actual FE supporters or people that are well informed on the FET.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:32:08 AM by WomboCombo »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Re: A Few Questions on Gravity and the FE
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
No, most genuine FEs believe in a disc with a dome over it, not in a flying disc.

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 02:52:44 PM »
oooh, so its not a domed disk, but a flat disk with a dome over it. And isn't it flying, because it's the upward acceleration at a constant rate that causes gravity? And if the Earth is a flat disk flying upwards, constantly accelerating, then I suppose it's this dome thing that keeps the atmosphere from flowing over the edge. But isn't it still impossible to deny the existence of gravity with reasoning such as the high up an object is, the less effect gravity has on it. At sea level, gravity is 9.81 m/s, but if you live somewhere above sea level the gravity might be something like 9.7 m/s.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »
The serious FEs all think that earth is a stationary disc with a dome, they do not think it is accelerating upwards. I really think, nobody believes that. There are just people around who argue for it for fun. As for Infinite earth, only John Davis believes so or pretends to do.

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:39:28 PM »
If the earth isn't flying upwards, then what causes gravity? I thought the general idea among FE's was that it was always accelerating upwards, explained in the Flat Earth Q&A.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
Just view a number of FE YouTube videos, you will not find ONE, that approves for the Universal Acceleration Theory. It lives only in the FES Wiki.

What causes gravity? Some believe it is electromagnetism, some say it's denpressure, some say "up is up and down is down, period."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:05:09 PM »
Just view a number of FE YouTube videos, you will not find ONE, that approves for the Universal Acceleration Theory. It lives only in the FES Wiki.

What causes gravity? Some believe it is electromagnetism, some say it's denpressure, some say "up is up and down is down, period."
And I thought you were going to break in song with:
Quote from: Traditional
The Grand Old Duke of York

"Oh, The grand old Duke of York,
He had ten thousand men;
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again.

And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only half-way up,
They were neither up nor down."
from The Grand Old Duke of York.
Of course you might prefer this one " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Grand Old Duke of York.

Mind if you ask the "up is up and down is down" people what causes "down to be down"? The usual answer is "duh!"
Of course the obvious answer is gravity!

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »
And I've always thought the flat earth was a somewhat domed earth, but it's actually a flat disk with a dome sky. Soooo, explain this "dome" theory to me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 01:14:41 AM »
And I've always thought the flat earth was a somewhat domed earth, but it's actually a flat disk with a dome sky. Soooo, explain this "dome" theory to me.
Maybe someone who actually believes in a Flat Earth should give an "authoritative" answer!

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 05:16:10 AM »
GRAVITY IS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least the way were taught is a lie. It use to be misunderstood,but now its a lie cause they know better
Loook below at all these photos with gravity broken up by large areas of more and less gravity.
How can any area have more gravity than the other? Sea level? Mountain? Equator bulge?  MAYBE>>>NOT!  Look at the maps below and it is EXTREMELY off base using the above calculations.
We know gravity can be cancelled out by electricity and sound pulsed properly.Look at the hutchinson effect youtube videos for beginners.
And ed skalin who used a generator and sound cones to move megaton corals around canceling out gravity.http://coralcastle.com/

The same way coral castle was made,is the same way the PYRAMIDS were put together. It is the ONLY and most simple explanation. Yet all this mystery is surrounding it for us common people while the Lizards in the vatican laugh at us and all the Elite banker circles laugh when they see the stupidity of TV shows regurgitating all these idiotic religious theories and pyramid,egyptian history etc etc.

I think the earth has an elaborate portal system. Somehow when you hit an edge your sent to another point on the earth.
Think about it. if it is not round,this would be the only explanation.
The way it would work is pretty simple. ENERGY and SOUND certain sound wave and pulses at specific energy levels make a portal .  Picture the edges having a fence,like an electric invisable doggie fence.

http://www.spacedaily.com/images/earth-gravitymaps-desk-1024.jpg

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Earth%C2%B4s+gravitational+map&fr=chr-greentree_ff&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fearthobservatory.nasa.gov%2FFeatures%2FGRACE%2FImages%2Fgeoids_sm.jpg#id=4&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fearthobservatory.nasa.gov%2FFeatures%2FGRACE%2FImages%2Fgeoids_sm.jpg&action=close

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 11:43:27 AM »
At least the way were taught is a lie. It use to be misunderstood,but now its a lie cause they know better
Loook below at all these photos with gravity broken up by large areas of more and less gravity.
How can any area have more gravity than the other? Sea level? Mountain? Equator bulge?  MAYBE>>>NOT!  Look at the maps below and it is EXTREMELY off base using the above calculations.
We know gravity can be cancelled out by electricity and sound pulsed properly.Look at the hutchinson effect youtube videos for beginners.
And ed skalin who used a generator and sound cones to move megaton corals around canceling out gravity.http://coralcastle.com/

The same way coral castle was made,is the same way the PYRAMIDS were put together. It is the ONLY and most simple explanation. Yet all this mystery is surrounding it for us common people while the Lizards in the vatican laugh at us and all the Elite banker circles laugh when they see the stupidity of TV shows regurgitating all these idiotic religious theories and pyramid,egyptian history etc etc.

I think the earth has an elaborate portal system. Somehow when you hit an edge your sent to another point on the earth.
The way it would work is pretty simple. ENERGY and SOUND certain sound wave and pulses at specific energy levels make a portal .  Picture the edges having a fence,like an electric invisable doggie fence.

http://www.spacedaily.com/images/earth-gravitymaps-desk-1024.jpg

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Earth%C2%B4s+gravitational+map&fr=chr-greentree_ff&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fearthobservatory.nasa.gov%2FFeatures%2FGRACE%2FImages%2Fgeoids_sm.jpg#id=4&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fearthobservatory.nasa.gov%2FFeatures%2FGRACE%2FImages%2Fgeoids_sm.jpg&action=close

I'm not really following you, so the pyramids and the coral castle was made by levitation, something that has been discovered by John Hutchinson, who has clearly faked videos of him making things levitate.

Gravity is caused by the presence of matter, so near the equator gravity is stronger, and the closer to sea level you are the stronger gravity is as well.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »
. . . . . . . .

I'm not really following you, so the pyramids and the coral castle was made by levitation, something that has been discovered by John Hutchinson, who has clearly faked videos of him making things levitate.

Gravity is caused by the presence of matter, so near the equator gravity is stronger, and the closer to sea level you are the stronger gravity is as well.

I think hollowsun must be an undercover globe supporter trying to undermine the whole Flat Earth movement. Surely no serious Flat Earth supporter could postulate such gibberish!

Of course there is JohnRozz, but surely he must be another undercover agent!

Keep up the good work hollowsun and JohnRozz, enough of this stupidity and no-one will want a bar of any flat earth ideas.

there is not "gravity" anywhere
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 07:19:55 AM »
If the earth isn't flying upwards, then what causes gravity?
Nothing. 

You shills are terrible. 

The connection between the cause of the false-science-theory of "gravity" has no bearing on the true form of the earth.  According to the deceivers, the "globe" is not accelerating either..... so, what causes "gravity" on the "globe" earth? assuming the answer matters. 

If you want to know "Why does the apple fall down to the ground?" then ask it.  The bullshit "theory" of gravity is logically consistent with the true form of the earth.  So, no true-earther needs to explain anything.  Even though the theory of "gravity" is a lie, true-earthers can play along and reply:  "Duh.  Gravity works no matter WHAT the form of the earth happens to be."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:22:10 AM by Charming Anarchist »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
Re: there is not "gravity" anywhere
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
Nothing. 

You shills are terrible. 

The connection between the cause of the false-science-theory of "gravity" has no bearing on the true form of the earth.  According to the deceivers, the "globe" is not accelerating either..... so, what causes "gravity" on the "globe" earth? assuming the answer matters. 

If you want to know "Why does the apple fall down to the ground?" then ask it.  The bullshit "theory" of gravity is logically consistent with the true form of the earth.  So, no true-earther needs to explain anything.  Even though the theory of "gravity" is a lie, true-earthers can play along and reply:  "Duh.  Gravity works no matter WHAT the form of the earth happens to be."

That makes no sense.  Go back and rethink your post (although I suppose "rethink" might not be the right term, as you didn't put any thought into it the first time).
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 04:28:02 PM »
No, most genuine FEs believe in a disc with a dome over it, not in a flying disc.
Most genuine FEers actually believe in a firmament and an infinite plane. Look at Shenton, Johnson, and even all the way back to Rowbotham.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »
Most genuine FEers actually believe in a firmament and an infinite plane. Look at Shenton, Johnson, and even all the way back to Rowbotham.

Well, if so, that has changed now.

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »
Nothing. 

You shills are terrible. 

I'll rephrase my question: If the Earth (FET) isn't accelerating upwards causing an elevator like force, then what causes apples to fall to the ground?
Although I realize that I was mistaken, I thought the general theory was that apples fall to the ground because the earth (FET) is constantly accelerating upwards. When I said Gravity, I meant simply the force that causes apples to fall, whether it's because of the presence of matter or not.
It seems like you don't think Gravity exists, so what do you think causes apples to fall?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »

Well, if so, that has changed now.
It may be the case that many of the new youtubers don't hold the plane is infinite. From when I talked to them almost every one I had the chance to discuss it with said there were unbounded lands beyond the dome. This is because its clear from the Bible. I imagine if they aren't now, they will be once they research it more.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:53 AM »
I'll rephrase my question: If the Earth (FET) isn't accelerating upwards causing an elevator like force, then what causes apples to fall to the ground?
Irrelevent.  What does it matter? 

What does the CAUSE of such an action matter?? 

Even if "gravity" was a real magical force, as the deceivers describe it, there is no reason why "gravity" should not exist REGARDLESS of the form of the earth.  The true-form of the earth could be a cube as far as the "gravity" magic is concerned --- it makes no difference. 

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »

Even if "gravity" was a real magical force, as the deceivers describe it, there is no reason why "gravity" should not exist REGARDLESS of the form of the earth.  The true-form of the earth could be a cube as far as the "gravity" magic is concerned --- it makes no difference.

You do understand, that earth cannot be flat or a cube, if gravity exists, don't you? If not, why don't you look up what gravity even means. What is the point arguing about a theory you know virtually nothing about?

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »

Apparently the sick delusions that make sense in Charming Anarchist's head do not translate well to type. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

WomboCombo

• Derpity Derp, DERP!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »

Apples fall due to the presence of a large amount of matter.
According to you, no explanation is needed for why apples fall, even though you seem pretty stubborn on the fact thqwt it can't be because of Gravity.

If Gravity is real, the FE would collapse into a ball.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »

You do understand, that earth cannot be flat or a cube, if gravity exists, don't you? If not, why don't you look up what gravity even means. What is the point arguing about a theory you know virtually nothing about?
No actually it can. You are making a lot of assumptions here including and not limited to the state of the earth during creation, its creation, and its stability. We have seen plenty of flat celestial objects.

According to you, no explanation is needed for why apples fall, even though you seem pretty stubborn on the fact thqwt it can't be because of Gravity.

Incorrect. Where is the center of mass of an infinite plane, pray tell?

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »

No actually it can. You are making a lot of assumptions here including and not limited to the state of the earth during creation, its creation, and its stability. We have seen plenty of flat celestial objects.

Even if it was an infinite plane, it wouldn't be a uniform one.  Gravity would be stronger around mountains. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »

Even if it was an infinite plane, it wouldn't be a uniform one.  Gravity would be stronger around mountains.

I think an infinite plane would work theoretically. It would be the same as an infinite sphere. But it would require to have VERY VERY low density to create a gravitational field as we observe it. So the bulk of this infinite sphere would have to consist of a material, that

1. has less density than anything we know
2. is incompressible (otherwise it would collapse).

Must be a kind of aether.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 09:17:20 AM »
Correct.  It is that simple. 
The presences of "a large amount of matter" pushes the apple to the ground. 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 11:02:30 AM »

And the force created by that matter is called gravity.  It really is that simple. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 03:21:23 AM »
Needs a little correction to
The presence of "a large amount of matter" pulls the apple to the ground.