FE believers let me change your life

• 61 Replies

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: FE believers let me change your life
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
I think we found a suitable replacement for Papa

You don't even realise how utterly you incriminate yourselves as an organised gang of shills & trolls when you make such statements, do you?

Shit at your shit jobs 24/7/365.

I've got a good job, 38 hours a week, pay and conditions are good, plus i have to think and solve problems which keeps my brain active.

But if i was offered my hourly rate to troll you Papa i would decline and say that I would just do it for the lulz.

Honestly I don't find it challenging enough to pursue as a career.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:30:44 PM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
Ok guys. You can use all the magic and shadow forces you want, but you can't disprove this. . I'm sure we all seen the FE model the but look at it again. When you look at the moon and the sun as they show in every FE map model you will notice that the moon is tital locked. That's the only thing accurate on this map. Watch how it orbits the Sun.  The moon should be at different places in different times.If the earth was flat then South America, half of Africa and Austraila would see the dark side. It's in there own models. Ok. Lets look at Australia's moon right now. Giving the time difference of 8 hours from Seattle, it's 315 right now here, 815 am right now in Austrailia. There moon rose at 636am. In Seattle the moon rose at 604am. So the moon is in both skies at this very moment. If the earth was flat this would be impossible right? Not only that, but no matter where you are in this planet, the moon Will look the same to everyone . Its at a 96.4 waxing gibbious in Seattle, France, Africa, where ever you live guys. We all see the same phase and moon side. Further more how can I be looking at this side of the moon while Sydney can to at this very moment? Why isn't South America seeing the dark side? Never mind the fact that If the moon was 30 miles up, Austrailia and the US. could not see the same moon according to There own FE maps. Because the earth is round and orbits the Sun and the moon which is millions of miles away we all see the same thing. I have live pics of the moon in 5 different countries right now. Bring it on FE.

Please build me a scale globe, complete with actual water sticking to it and you got me...

No, because that's not how gravity works.
I'd love to hear how you think gravity works, though your argument certainly is iron clad  ;D

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:41 PM »
I recon the earth is a globe :)

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 12:36:05 AM »
Ah, but you see, pictures aren't accepted as evidence, nor are direct witnesses, science and common sense.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Why is it that NASA has admitted that the blue marble you show is actually stitched together from flat images? Why would we except that as evidence. Any fool can stitch together the imagery from low flying planes available via Google into any shape he would want.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »
The first blue marble photo was not a composite. The second one was a composite from satilite images, not flat images.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »
Let's say the earth is flat. If we stitch the pictures taken by satellites it should give us an accurate flat earth map. But when we do, those pictures form a polifaceted figure resembling a sphere. And the sizes of continents and oceans are accurate!

But why flat pictures? Because images are captured on a bidimensional surface. And the topography of the planet is almost flat compared to its size. So why bother?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
Any fool can stitch together the imagery from low flying planes available via Google into any shape he would want.
No You can not. Okay, yes you can make a collage of pictures taken from a plane, but that will not truly represent what we can experience and see on the ground.
If the globe was not accurate, then no long distance travel would get you to your destination. And as a person in the Southern Hemisphere, the Flat Earth Map is an insult
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
Any fool can stitch together the imagery from low flying planes available via Google into any shape he would want.
So why hasn't any of you fools yet managed to create a flat earth map using this methodology?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »
The first blue marble photo was not a composite. The second one was a composite from satilite images, not flat images.
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/about/people/RSimmon.html
"By 2002, we finally had enough data to make a snap shot of the entire Earth. So we did. The hard part was creating a flat map of the Earth’s surface with four months’ of satellite data. Reto Stockli, now at the Swiss Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology, did much of this work. Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble. "

The 1972 shot was similarly faked stitching together flat maps. He just wasn't involved and clearly has been duped to believe this is legitimate practice.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:11:33 PM by John Davis »

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
Cheater, that is not the whole quote.

"The last time anyone took a photograph from above low Earth orbit that showed an entire hemisphere (one side of a globe) was in 1972 during Apollo 17. NASA’s Earth Observing System (EOS) satellites were designed to give a check-up of Earth’s health. By 2002, we finally had enough data to make a snap shot of the entire Earth. So we did. The hard part was creating a flat map of the Earth’s surface with four months’ of satellite data. Reto Stockli, now at the Swiss Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology, did much of this work. Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble"
This is why references are a thing  edit; when i first read your post I did not notice your link opened behind a tab that took me to the same place. Thanks for the reference.

This is the photo he is talking about shot in 1972

This is the composite image from 2002 that he is talking about in your mis quoted text. The bit in italics comes with the article you quoted.

Photo of Robert Simmon in front of the "Blue Marble." Credit: NASA/W. Hrybyk

Yeah, and you have issues with people not trusting NASA
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:46:27 PM by MaNaeSWolf »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
I quoted the relevant bit and went on to explain what I did not quote. You insult on my integrity is silly. If my aim was to fool anybody, I would not have provided the link to allow them to read for themselves.

The 1972 shot was similarly faked stitching together flat maps. He just wasn't involved and clearly has been duped to believe this is legitimate practice.

Do you understand what misquoted means? Because I'm 99.999% sure you don't.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 01:15:12 PM »
I quoted the relevant bit and went on to explain what I did not quote. You insult on my integrity is silly.
I know. You clearly haven't got any.

So, have you any evidence to support this wild assertion?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:19:30 PM by JimmyTheCrab »

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 01:26:13 PM »
anyway, here is a Japanese weather satellite photo of earth:

and here's one from the Russian Elektro-L No.1 satellite.

The Russians have released hundreds of 121-megapixel images from this satellite.   Neither of which are stitched images.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »
I see no need to respond to somebody that will simply resort to ad hom. If you had any argument you wouldn't have to resort to these tactics. Simply look at those ridiculous photos you posted for a second.

I quoted the relevant bit and went on to explain what I did not quote. You insult on my integrity is silly.
I know. You clearly haven't got any.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »
Simply look at those ridiculous photos you posted for a second.

Looks like someone doesn't understand how camera filters work! 

(It's you!)
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
Apologies John, did not mean to offend. But you did leave out the part where the guys says he stitched only one globe together from data from a EOS satellite, and not the first image. There is zero hint that others where stitched.
And, we know google earth and many others are stitched, that is because it is openly informed information of what is stitched and what is not. Just like the guy tells you in the article.

The fact that this guy openly tells us that he did this thing on this specific image on the globe, and has not gone all Edward Snowden from NASA means it is no secret that some images are stitched, and others, like the 1972, are not. This does not align with a conspiracy secret revealed.

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:52 AM »
I see no need to respond to somebody that will simply resort to ad hom.
Evasion noted. 

So was your attempt to conflate a quote concerning the stitching together of an image in 2002 with the (not stitched) Blue Marble photo from 1972.  A crude attempt to trick the reader, but an attempt nonetheless.

If you had any argument you wouldn't have to resort to these tactics. Simply look at those ridiculous photos you posted for a second.
...and?  Are you making an argument from incredulity?

I presume you are claiming a hoax, which now the Japanese and Russian meteorological services are now in on?  How far and wide does your ridiculous conspiracy go?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 04:27:20 AM »
I get why they wanted to make another Blue Marble image. Space is huge PR for governments, and their best picture from 1972 is of Southern Africa. Seriously not gonna sell many Americans on the Space Program with only pictures of Sunny South Africa (on a particular cloudy day)

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 03:21:06 PM »
holy crap... the moon's trip over the equator takes 23,2 hours to accomplish, while the sun trip is 24 hours...

do the math and you'll see that. it's not that hard guys...

do you know phases?

full moon = in phase with the sun

lunar eclipse = out of phase

the whole thing in 30 days... now do the math, it's easy, and it's no e=mc2 BULLSHIT either XD
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:22:42 PM by JohnRozz »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
Apologies John, did not mean to offend. But you did leave out the part where the guys says he stitched only one globe together from data from a EOS satellite, and not the first image. There is zero hint that others where stitched.
And, we know google earth and many others are stitched, that is because it is openly informed information of what is stitched and what is not. Just like the guy tells you in the article.

The fact that this guy openly tells us that he did this thing on this specific image on the globe, and has not gone all Edward Snowden from NASA means it is no secret that some images are stitched, and others, like the 1972, are not. This does not align with a conspiracy secret revealed.
I over-reacted. Apologies to you too.

He likely doesn't know he's part of the conspiracy and is just doing his job and thinks this is 'business as usual.' Why tell him? Seems like he'd have lots of round pictures of the globe to stitch together, but instead he's using flat ones. Odd!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2016, 12:00:52 AM »
He likely doesn't know he's part of the conspiracy and is just doing his job and thinks this is 'business as usual.' Why tell him? Seems like he'd have lots of round pictures of the globe to stitch together, but instead he's using flat ones. Odd!

I thought that was clear in the Interview. The images he stitched was from the Earth Observing System. Those satellites are designed to look at detailed images of earths surface and atmosphere. They also orbit MUCH closer to earth (half of its radius) than from where the 1972 Blue Marble image was taken. The EOS where not capable of taking a blue marble image.

Google maps is stitched together, we know this because they tell us. (and we can see it)
Japan has Himawari 8 which gives up to 10-30 min live updates of the earth here and here

It is a massive jump to say one image was stitched, therefor all images are stitched. Surely you understand that is a terrible leap of logic?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:02:53 AM by MaNaeSWolf »

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2016, 03:35:51 PM »
Why is it that NASA has admitted that the blue marble you show is actually stitched together from flat images? Why would we except that as evidence. Any fool can stitch together the imagery from low flying planes available via Google into any shape he would want.

...except for you, who can't make a working map! (By the way, I think you meant "accept" not "except"  ;) )

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:17 PM »
Pay for enterprise google earth and I'll code you up a flat version when I have time.

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 12:04:53 AM »
Pay for enterprise google earth and I'll code you up a flat version when I have time.
I'm sure you will...

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2016, 07:57:24 AM »
I'm sure you will...
I'm glad to have your faith! I've used it before for my undergrad senior project. We were building off legacy software for calculating smoke plumes from gas attacks/accidents and placing them on a google earth so administration could make quick decisions regarding evacuation etc in respect to modeled buildings.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2016, 03:12:15 AM »
Ok guys. You can use all the magic and shadow forces you want, but you can't disprove this. . I'm sure we all seen the FE model the but look at it again. When you look at the moon and the sun as they show in every FE map model you will notice that the moon is tital locked. That's the only thing accurate on this map. Watch how it orbits the Sun.  The moon should be at different places in different times.If the earth was flat then South America, half of Africa and Austraila would see the dark side. It's in there own models. Ok. Lets look at Australia's moon right now. Giving the time difference of 8 hours from Seattle, it's 315 right now here, 815 am right now in Austrailia. There moon rose at 636am. In Seattle the moon rose at 604am. So the moon is in both skies at this very moment. If the earth was flat this would be impossible right? Not only that, but no matter where you are in this planet, the moon Will look the same to everyone . Its at a 96.4 waxing gibbious in Seattle, France, Africa, where ever you live guys. We all see the same phase and moon side. Further more how can I be looking at this side of the moon while Sydney can to at this very moment? Why isn't South America seeing the dark side? Never mind the fact that If the moon was 30 miles up, Austrailia and the US. could not see the same moon according to There own FE maps. Because the earth is round and orbits the Sun and the moon which is millions of miles away we all see the same thing. I have live pics of the moon in 5 different countries right now. Bring it on FE.

Please build me a scale globe, complete with actual water sticking to it and you got me...

Please build me a scale flat earth, with actual moon and sun models hovering above it. See how stupid your argument is?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:52 AM »
Before I build a globe, you explain to me why were all seeing the same exact moon. You don't believe in science, understand Newton laws and I doubt you believe we have an atmosphere. Do you think if the world is round people would fall off the earth? I will explain it though if you like.
Certain things MUST happen for a FE to even attempt to work. The Moon and Sun MUST be flat or as you say, they would appear differently to everyone on Earth. They can not be spheres or semi-spheres: (http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66101.msg1764655#msg1764655)

Furthermore, people can not live on just one side of the flat Earth: (https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66457.0)

Hope this helps...

They can't be flat either, because from a distance they would look like ellipses. Plus you can see sun spots rotating, plus you can see craters on the moon at an angle (it obviously looks like a sphere), plus the shadow cast on the moon is spherical, plus lunar librations can not be explained by a flat moon. So yeah, it's game over.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2016, 03:19:44 AM »
Before I build a globe, you explain to me why were all seeing the same exact moon. You don't believe in science, understand Newton laws and I doubt you believe we have an atmosphere. Do you think if the world is round people would fall off the earth? I will explain it though if you like.

LOL...Are you going to build the globe or just admit you cannot build it...

The rest of your post is just hoakum...Not even based in reality.

Uh, it is impossible to do while on the earth. You'd have to go to space to do make your model. Quit asking, the math is there, anyone with a brain can see that it works perfectly well. Just because you can't build a physical scale model on earth, it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »

I over-reacted. Apologies to you too.

Now (since 2015) we have the DSCOVR satellite, which has a high enough orbit (it's situated at a Lagrangian point) to capture the entire globe, Blue Marble style, without stitching together pictures: http://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/

The pictures are also color-corrected such that they capture how it would look using the human eye.

However, back then there was no such satellite regularly releasing similar pictures. That's why the need to stitch together pictures existed.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)