Is it normal for Moderators to be so immature?

• 58 Replies
Is it normal for Moderators to be so immature?
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
I'm new to this site and i was eager to hear the flat earth perspective. I was reading a thread devoted to inconsistencies with the behavior of the sun, specifically the spotlight theory.

One moderator named Jora seemed to be doing nothing more than insulting people. It also became apparent that if there was a challenge he couldn't answer (eg antarctic midnight sun) he would accuse person of derailing the thread or make some other excuse not to answer.

Is this typical of what i can expect from MODERATORS of this site?
It was my understanding that though flat earthers don't have a main stream beliefs they are happy to explain their science.
I do hope this Jora is the exception and not the rule here.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Is it normal for Moderators to be so immature?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »
Jora is terrible. Just terrible.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »

Can't argue there. He appears to be the worst kind of poster. Aggressive, insulting and unwilling to admit when he doesn't know the answer.
Hence my dismay that he's actually been made a moderator of this site. It does NOT promote confidence in the integrity of the flat earth society

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 05:08:45 PM »
I'm new to this site and i was eager to hear the flat earth perspective. I was reading a thread devoted to inconsistencies with the behavior of the sun, specifically the spotlight theory.

One moderator named Jora seemed to be doing nothing more than insulting people. It also became apparent that if there was a challenge he couldn't answer (eg antarctic midnight sun) he would accuse person of derailing the thread or make some other excuse not to answer.

It was my understanding that though flat earthers don't have a main stream beliefs they are happy to explain their science.

I subscribe to this thread!!!!

P.s. I would verify the spelling of his name.... ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:13:21 PM by Babyhighspeed »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
Although it is quite normal for Jroa to act  immature, especially when asked a question the flat earth model can't answer.

I've noticed he's actually been trying to present flat earth ideas instead of the usual trolling low content posts and personal attacks.

Hopefully it lasts, keep it up jroa i have more respect for F.E.T already.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 05:58:27 PM »
Although it is quite normal for Jroa to act  immature, especially when asked a question the flat earth model can't answer.

I've noticed he's actually been trying to present flat earth ideas instead of the usual trolling low content posts and personal attacks.

Strange....i actually said the same basic thing as this in another thread. I even tried to post an actual reply.

Could jroa be attempting a change??

Or did someone hack his account? Someone better check his ip

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »

Strange....i actually said the same basic thing as this in another thread. I even tried to post an actual reply.

I nearly got him banned, i think he is legitimately trying now.

I for one am very much looking forward to actual debate on the flat earth hypothesis.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »

I nearly got him banned, i think he is legitimately trying now.

I for one am very much looking forward to actual debate on the flat earth hypothesis.

Granted I have only been here for i think 2 months now. However,  I have not seen anyone banned, nor an ounce of moderation. I don't know what you did...but good job.

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 06:15:05 PM »
Moderating is a tougher job than it appears,
and, sometimes RE'rs can be a bit aggressive.

This is the FLAT Earth Society.
Their playground.

They are really going out of their way to tolerate a bunch of abuse.

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 07:59:25 PM »
You are it bit trouble! jroa does not like jora, Jora or Jroa. I am just giving friendly advice, so I can't be accused of memberating can I?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »
I nearly got him banned

So you admit to trolling the mods?

I'm new to this site

And the first thing you do is create a thread trolling the mods?

You subscribe to trolling the mods?

Starting to see a theme from all you noobs...
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 11:32:28 PM »
I nearly got him banned

So you admit to trolling the mods?

I'm new to this site

And the first thing you do is create a thread trolling the mods?

Papa just outsmartered you all. Papa for mod!
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Bom Tishop

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 03:31:26 AM »

Presumptuous, half witted, and ignorant as usual Legba. Also that comment you made on heiwa's thread, you lost your cheeky and funny for at least a week, plus the single one point you earned with even then smallest rational thought.

It's not a moderator, it is jroa. Just so happens to be a moderator. Can't help it is actions bring the opinion people have against him.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 03:36:55 AM »

I see through your veil.  You did not even bother to change character, although you usually don't. 

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »
jroa is a war hero as he manned the guns when most of us were purely exhausted by the actions of terrorism against the flat earth community.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 08:53:26 AM »
Dealing with angry globularists every day is enough to make anyone snap.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

TheBigYun

• By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:27 AM »
"Is it normal for Moderators to be so immature? "

Yes - especially from the "J.." person.
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
Jroa is our strongest line of defense; our watchers on the wall. Without his unrequited and under-appreciated vigilance, this forum would be a wasteland of echo-less queries into the quietness.

If his truth bombs upset you, take a moment and consider two things. One: He doesn't have to answer you and you should cherish what interaction you get. Two: If being confronted by the truth of the shape of the earth causes such violent reactions, then maybe the true issue is internal.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »
Presumptuous, half witted, and ignorant as usual Legba.

Meh.

Also that comment you made on heiwa's thread, you lost your cheeky and funny for at least a week, plus the single one point you earned with even then smallest rational thought.

Meh.

It's not a moderator, it is jroa.

lol.

Just so happens to be a moderator.

Just so happens all you noobs are trolling him.

Can't help it is actions bring the opinion people have against him.

lol.

End.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
Jroa, has immature moments, but is a good guy most of the time.

jroa is a war hero as he manned the guns when most of us were purely exhausted by the actions of terrorism against the flat earth community.

You should look up how terrorism is defined.  I don't think it means what you think it means.

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
Lets stop the low-content and personal attacks. Offenders have received a PM warning.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure his liquor store burned down.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Bom Tishop

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 01:50:21 AM »
Can't start that here.Otherwise your thread will get moved and receive a warning.

Seems alot of people have a high regard for jroa, so maybe he was having a bad month or something. Perhaps I possibly jumped to conclusions

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »
I think anybody who has moderated as long as jroa deserves and is expected to have periods of silliness like this. Like it was said earlier, we go out of our way here to allow free discussion, even when it degrades to abuse. Given enough of this abuse its almost impossible to always keep a sunny demeanor. I've noticed his posts have gotten significantly better too. I'm sure it will keep up! I also know nothing of jroa almost getting banned.

In the past we attempted to try to moderate people to be nice. This is and always will be a losing endeavor here. Even when the upper forums are engaged in the heavy and often warlike debate of science, we can still find that folks once they stay long enough grow to understand by themselves to not shit where they eat.

As far as the definition of terrorism: the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. I take the actions of the other site as violence against our organization and against the flat earth ideology itself to further their aims. Close enough for me.

Again though, I forgive them and wish them the best. Many are quite nice guys that just ended up on the wrong side of the fence. The popularity of error, after all.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Jack

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
I couldn't agree more, John. If anything, jroa deserves a pat on the back for all his hard work. I don't think he got banned, and he shouldn't be.

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »
Jroa is our strongest line of defense; our watchers on the wall. Without his unrequited and under-appreciated vigilance, this forum would be a wasteland of echo-less queries into the quietness.

If his truth bombs upset you, take a moment and consider two things. One: He doesn't have to answer you and you should cherish what interaction you get. Two: If being confronted by the truth of the shape of the earth causes such violent reactions, then maybe the true issue is internal.

Would you like someone to post a list of twenty inappropriate Jora posts here? Because we can. Examples of him threatening other posters with warnings and bans for low content/derailment/inappropriate posting, and then doing exactly the same thing himself. Examples of him moving threads to CN because he simply didn't like them, which is totally outside his remit as a moderator (Oh yes, you did that too, didn't you Pongo?). Examples of him showing up in threads where civilised debate is happening and shitting all over them with abuse and insults.
We can show you all of this and more, if you're going to take the tack of sticking your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't happen.
The fact that a newbie notices his appalling behaviour right away and makes a thread about it speaks volumes. Shall we do a count of just how many threads there are in S&C complaining about Jora? Even leaving out the ones started by me, it's still a frighteningly large number.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »
It's weird that most of you spend your time calling him an idiot (or worse) and then cry in S&C about how terrible he is.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »

Would you like someone to post a list of twenty inappropriate Jora posts here? Because we can. Examples of him threatening other posters with warnings and bans for low content/derailment/inappropriate posting, and then doing exactly the same thing himself. Examples of him moving threads to CN because he simply didn't like them, which is totally outside his remit as a moderator (Oh yes, you did that too, didn't you Pongo?). Examples of him showing up in threads where civilised debate is happening and shitting all over them with abuse and insults.
We can show you all of this and more, if you're going to take the tack of sticking your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't happen.
The fact that a newbie notices his appalling behaviour right away and makes a thread about it speaks volumes. Shall we do a count of just how many threads there are in S&C complaining about Jora? Even leaving out the ones started by me, it's still a frighteningly large number.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're getting at...

Could you explain further please?

Really expand upon every point you made in the minutest detail, if possible, with links to as much supporting evidence as you can find.

That would be helpful!

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
It's weird that most of you spend your time calling him an idiot (or worse) and then cry in S&C about how terrible he is.

I call him an idiot every time he does something idiotic. Since you have noticed how much it happens, that demonstrates how much he posts crap.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 01:32:09 PM »
I call him an idiot every time he does something idiotic.

In your opinion.

Since you have noticed how much it happens, that demonstrates how much he posts crap.

In your opinion.

You seem to have a very over-inflated opinion of the importance of your own opinion, don't you?