ANTARCTICA IS A JOKE!

• 97 Replies
Re: ANTARCTICA IS A JOKE!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »
I've been to Australia.

Cool. So have I!

Did you happen to look at the night sky while you were there? If so, did you notice that the stars appear to rotate around the South Celestial Pole in a clockwise direction (they appear to rotate counterclockwise around the NCP)?
Really? I live in Australia and have never seen the stars rotate around anything.

Have you looked? You probably did see it but didn't notice.

I see them move across the sky in a slight arc, but thats only when I am out bush as it takes a long time to notice the arc.

The next time you're out, you really should watch Crux move in a circular arc around the SCP over a period of a few hours; it doesn't have to be continuous, just check every now and again. Crux is distinctive (especially, I'd think, for an Australian) and the line from Gacrux through Acrux (the top and bottom of the cross when it's at its highest) points almost directly at the celestial pole, and you can see it rotate by 90° in 6 hours. I don't know where you are in Australia, but from the latitude of Sydney and south, it never sets. North of there it's not fully above the horizon all the time, but it's always above the horizon for at least part of every night.

So, do tell us in more detail why you sat looking up at the sky

Because I'm an amateur astronomer. I enjoy looking at the nighttime sky and seldom get to see the southernmost part of it because I live in North America. You can learn a lot about the shape of the Earth from watching the stars.

did any stars do a full rotation for you [and everyone else] when you went to OZ?

Yes, almost seven full rotations. I was there for a few hours less than a week.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
Do you see the southern cross at sunrise and sunset?
No.
Lulz

When you have nothing, make up something.
What are you talking about.
When I see the southern cross it is quite dark.

That's not the same thing as "it must be quite dark to see the southern cross", it just means you haven't seen it except when it's quite dark, probably because you couldn't be bothered, or maybe didn't know.

Maybe if I made an effort to sit in the afternoon like Alpha waiting for stars I might see it, but I do not think so.

The southern cross is fairly bright, so it can be seen in evening twilight if it's up; for a long time before it's completely dark if you know where to look. It can't be seen in the afternoon while the Sun is still up, though. Your not wanting to make any effort is unsurprising.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAH

you should have satellites SUCKERS, you just said those are photos, in fact they are, photos and some shitty graphic.

AND NO ROUND EARTH.

I've no doubt you're all paid for this.

suck my cock bro'. say hello to satan for me, I stay with GOD.

god told every religion the truth. the earth is flat and all.

stop looking in bullshits science, read the sacred books of every religion and you'll know.

they all are path to god.

you won't save you and you won't understand nothing that way.

or you're freemasons and you should suck my cock. another time, another place. goodbye.

Buh-bye.

?

tappet

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »

You are claiming that you not only watched a star rotate 360 degree's but you saw this happen nearly 7 times in less than a week. I have never seen a star do a full rotation in the sky. Well there you go, you learn something every day.

?

tappet

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2016, 10:57:25 PM »

Now if you can direct me to a flat map that accurately represents the world as we've measured, I'll take your arguments a little more seriously.
Find your own flat map, also I don't give a shit whether you take me serious or not.

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2016, 11:09:26 PM »

Now if you can direct me to a flat map that accurately represents the world as we've measured, I'll take your arguments a little more seriously.
Find your own flat map, also I don't give a shit whether you take me serious or not.

Can you provide me with a map then? It's the only reason I joined the forum. I don't want to use inaccurate maps. All maps that I can find are based on the globe. I did think the flat earth society might have one but after a week here, nobody seems to be able to help😥

All I wanted was a nice simple working map.

?

tappet

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2016, 11:14:49 PM »

Can you provide me with a map then? It's the only reason I joined the forum. I don't want to use inaccurate maps. All maps that I can find are based on the globe. I did think the flat earth society might have one but after a week here, nobody seems to be able to help😥

I will just finish eating my breaky and I will knock you up a quick map, just be patient.

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 12:35:52 AM »
Thanks! I knew that there had to be one. Im lucky to have found a cartographer so willing

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2016, 12:48:24 AM »

A flat Earth map is the equivalent of a treasure map place mat
at a tourist oriented pirate themed deep fried fish shack.

It keeps the kids busy for 25 minutes before you walk next door
to the Motel 6 and let them play in the pool before bedtime.

The X marking the buried treasure isn't accurate either.

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2016, 12:49:23 AM »
Quote from: JohnRozz link=topic=66778.msg1782375#msg1782375

read the sacred books of every religion and you'll know.

Read every religious text twice, want to guess which one I found the most rational and reasonable?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2016, 12:58:17 AM »

Well im not after that. Im simply looking for a working flat earth map. Im sure this if anywhere is the place to come for it. Im not going to dismiss it if they provide one.

?

tappet

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2016, 01:09:07 AM »

Well im not after that. Im simply looking for a working flat earth map. Im sure this if anywhere is the place to come for it. Im not going to dismiss it if they provide one.
I am still working on a map but my brother just ate my crayon.
In the meantime these are flat earth maps-
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=world+map&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBk4u71uXMAhVB0YMKHZ_6B9YQsAQIGg
I hope they help.

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »
Thanks Tappett! I think yoy made a mistake though as they are the global maps. As a flat earth map these dont work. The earth is rectangular not a circle as Isiah states in the bible and you cant cross from Alaska to Russia heading east.or travel the pacific.

As i say, im after a working Flat Earth map with a scale. Nothing more.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2016, 09:37:27 AM »
Do you see the southern cross at sunrise and sunset?
No.
Lulz

When you have nothing, make up something.
What are you talking about.
When I see the southern cross it is quite dark.
Maybe if I made an effort to sit in the afternoon like Alpha waiting for stars I might see it, but I do not think so.
Ok so you would see the southern cross at sunrise and sunset if there was less light polution?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »

You are claiming that you not only watched a star rotate 360 degree's but you saw this happen nearly 7 times in less than a week. I have never seen a star do a full rotation in the sky. Well there you go, you learn something every day.

If you set up a camera pointing at either the North Star or Southern Cross, and leave it for 24 hours, you will see all of the other stars do a full circle (360 degrees) around either the North Star or Southern Cross. This is not up for debate, it is easily observable fact.

So the fact that he saw nearly 7 rotations over the course of nearly a week (7 days) doesn't only make sense, it is fact. Not even debatable.

« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »

You are claiming that you not only watched a star rotate 360 degree's but you saw this happen nearly 7 times in less than a week.

No. Why do you think I'm claiming that? I merely answered the question you asked:

did any stars do a full rotation for you when you went to OZ?

Again, yes, they did, but it wasn't just for me. Whether I saw them the whole time or not is irrelevant.

I have never seen a star do a full rotation in the sky.

OK. So what? Are you suggesting that unless you witness and recognize something personally, it doesn't happen?

I have seen a star do a full rotation in the sky, but it wasn't from Australia.

Well there you go, you learn something every day.

Glad to help!

?

tappet

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
This is not up for debate,

. Not even debatable.
It is the debate section, is it not?
Now how about you show me your evidence of a star doing a full rotation.

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »

. Not even debatable.

Just because you have spoken something, does not mean that it's debatable whether or not it's true.

Here's a picture of how the stars go 'round:

If you're still not convinced, take a timelapse photo yourself. I'd love to see the result, and I'm sure you'd be fascinated by it too.

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »
so what are we laughing at?

Now we are laughing at you.  Do you work hard at being a clown, or does acting like a goof come natural to you?
IMHO the joke is how good Jroa is at coming out of nowhere with no setup and somehow derailing a thread that was never on the tracks to begin with.

I mean, I've seen the posts myself where he says himself he doesn't believe the earth is flat, and I know he's just a troll posting here for kicks, but I'm really kinda starting to respect how good he is at it.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2016, 06:11:28 PM »
so what are we laughing at?

Now we are laughing at you.  Do you work hard at being a clown, or does acting like a goof come natural to you?
IMHO the joke is how good Jroa is at coming out of nowhere with no setup and somehow derailing a thread that was never on the tracks to begin with.

I mean, I've seen the posts myself where he says himself he doesn't believe the earth is flat, and I know he's just a troll posting here for kicks, but I'm really kinda starting to respect how good he is at it.

You speak about a man who made 20 000 posts on a forum supporting an idea he doesn't believe in and do not feel pity for him?

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »
I had a cousin visited Antarctica for 8 months. Don't know the details though.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

tappet

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »

. Not even debatable.

Just because you have spoken something, does not mean that it's debatable whether or not it's true.

If you're still not convinced, take a timelapse photo yourself. I'd love to see the result, and I'm sure you'd be fascinated by it too.
You post a silly picture!
You have no evidence of a star doing a full rotation!
And now you want me to do the work to prove you are correct!
You are not quite the full quid are you?

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »

. Not even debatable.

So you won't accept my evidence (which you could replicate yourself if you even had the tiniest desire to do so), but you're not willing to provide your own, or do anything to test what we've said.

What are you even doing here, then?

?

tappet

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2016, 01:21:16 AM »

. Not even debatable.

So you won't accept my evidence
What evidence? You must be delusional! I am still waiting for your evidence of a star doing a full rotation in the sky.
Take a look at the ridiculous picture you posted, there is no evidence of a single star doing a full rotation.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2016, 02:24:28 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHAH
you should have satellites SUCKERS, you just said those are photos, in fact they are, photos and some shitty graphic.
AND NO ROUND EARTH.
I've no doubt you're all paid for this.
suck my cock bro'. say hello to satan for me, I stay with GOD.
god told every religion the truth. the earth is flat and all.
stop looking in bullshits science, read the sacred books of every religion and you'll know.
you won't save you and you won't understand nothing that way.
or you're freemasons and you should suck my cock. another time, another place. goodbye.
You are the lowest and most blatant hypocrit I have seen in my life!

You claim "I stay with GOD", yet use some of the most vile language I have seen on this site!

Putting those thoughts in the same post is close to sacrilege to me!

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »

You speak about a man who made 20 000 posts on a forum supporting an idea he doesn't believe in and do not feel pity for him?
I pity the mindset, but am impressed with the ability.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2016, 06:51:09 AM »
I don't get the "joke". I see photos of Antarctica - actually the images put together from satellite photos, as can be detected from the odd straight lines that seem to separate some lighter and darker patches of what otherwise seem to be identical fields.  I don't see what the joke is.  There are people, of several nations, right now living in Antarctica.  It's real enough.  I am also not sure what the joke is about the different timings of trips between America and Europe and Africa and Australia, or apparently anything about airplane trips to Australia. 

What does bother me about Antarctica is that it is (unofficially) considered the edge of the earth for the FES, and appears as such in the (unofficial) FE map (and, of course, the UN flag map).  Yet this status as the earth's edge has never been confirmed.  This is the 21st century.  People have already explored both the North and South Poles, why haven't any of those explorers yet hit on the edge?  Why haven't the Flat Earthers themselves sponsored an exploration to find the edge?  Seems to me that if/when you find the edge (even on one side) then (1) you have proven the earth is flat and (2) you have a much better idea of its layout.  And, of course, having found even a part of the edge, the next exploration can involved climbing over the edge to see what's on the other side.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2016, 07:04:14 AM »
I don't get the "joke". I see photos of Antarctica - actually the images put together from satellite photos, as can be detected from the odd straight lines that seem to separate some lighter and darker patches of what otherwise seem to be identical fields.  I don't see what the joke is.  There are people, of several nations, right now living in Antarctica.  It's real enough.  I am also not sure what the joke is about the different timings of trips between America and Europe and Africa and Australia, or apparently anything about airplane trips to Australia. 

What does bother me about Antarctica is that it is (unofficially) considered the edge of the earth for the FES, and appears as such in the (unofficial) FE map (and, of course, the UN flag map).  Yet this status as the earth's edge has never been confirmed.  This is the 21st century.  People have already explored both the North and South Poles, why haven't any of those explorers yet hit on the edge?  Why haven't the Flat Earthers themselves sponsored an exploration to find the edge?  Seems to me that if/when you find the edge (even on one side) then (1) you have proven the earth is flat and (2) you have a much better idea of its layout.  And, of course, having found even a part of the edge, the next exploration can involved climbing over the edge to see what's on the other side.

Nobody said that Antarctica does not exist, nor did anyone, other than roundies, claim that Antarctica is the edge of the Earth.  Perhaps you should study up on our theories before making baseless claims, or do you make a hobby out of just making stuff up off the top of your head? 

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:17 AM »
Nobody said that Antarctica does not exist, nor did anyone, other than roundies, claim that Antarctica is the edge of the Earth.

I believe this Forum's wiki disagrees with that statement. If he studied your claims he might have concluded that Antarctica is the edge of the world.
In the most popular Flat Earth Model, the outer edge of the Earth is bounded by an 'Ice Wall'. This wall prevents the oceans from spilling over the side of the Earth, and may perform the same function for the atmolayer.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ice%20Wall

You are very harsh on a member that has only been here for 16 long posts. You should know that they don't know your theories of the flat earth
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2016, 07:50:51 AM »
Nobody said that Antarctica does not exist, nor did anyone, other than roundies, claim that Antarctica is the edge of the Earth.

I believe this Forum's wiki disagrees with that statement. If he studied your claims he might have concluded that Antarctica is the edge of the world.
In the most popular Flat Earth Model, the outer edge of the Earth is bounded by an 'Ice Wall'. This wall prevents the oceans from spilling over the side of the Earth, and may perform the same function for the atmolayer.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ice%20Wall

You are very harsh on a member that has only been here for 16 long posts. You should know that they don't know your theories of the flat earth

"Bounded by" is not the same thing as "being."  I know you struggle with the English language, but, perhaps in the future, you could take a second look at your posts before hitting the Post button so you don't make yourself look quite as foolish.