Map

• 96 Replies
Re: Map
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2016, 08:26:37 AM »
GPS is also based on compass positions and distances (globe model) and so not suitable. FE map must be made completly from start. Last maps made on FE model were in 15 th century. (Portolan and Catalan maps)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:32:27 AM by geoblue »

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2016, 08:41:58 AM »
I just don't get how you can't understand that maps that have different position of North and South can never be comparable. That also count for GPS, positions and courses.

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »
GPS is also based on compass positions and distances (globe model) and so not suitable. FE map must be made completly from start. Last maps made on FE model were in 15 th century. (Portolan and Catalan maps)
If you have any proof that distances, locations or positions are incorrect then please provide it.

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
I have a job and family and have no time to travel around world and measure. Anyway this task must be given to profesionals who know alot more about cartography than me or you. I just can't imagine any respectable scientistis to get involve in this mater. Not yet. Do you remember how many scientists was burned when heliocentric was in begining.

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2016, 09:31:57 AM »
I have a job and family and have no time to travel around world and measure. Anyway this task must be given to profesionals who know alot more about cartography than me or you. I just can't imagine any respectable scientistis to get involve in this mater. Not yet. Do you remember how many scientists was burned when heliocentric was in begining.
The earth has been mapped by professionals.

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2016, 09:42:21 AM »
Yes. It was measured by 20th century profesionals, as it was by 15th and 10th century profesionals at that time. Or you think that we know everything and this is it?

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2016, 09:44:17 AM »
Yes. It was measured by 20th century profesionals, as it was by 15th and 10th century profesionals at that time. Or you think that we know everything and this is it?
What reason do you have to suspect the current, ongoing, mapping of the earth is incorrrect?

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »
If I can see an island 150 miles away no mirage or such crap can convince me that curvature is what they say it is.

?

frenat

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
If I can see an island 150 miles away no mirage or such crap can convince me that curvature is what they say it is.
Which island can you see 150 miles away. How high is it and what is your viewing height?

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
Papa Legba or Jroa will help you with a scale map

No I won't.

Because I don't think the earth is flat.

Can't speak for jroa though.

Good work on mentioning me in every post anyway, stalker.

Please read the satanic bible

What, that shite by Anton La Gay?

LMFAO!!!

You dick.

WTF? Now you don't think it's flat?

Oh fuck this, I'm done with trolls...

Believing the Earth is flat is not a prerequisite to pointing out the BS that you people claim.

True, but having a working knowledge of the subjects at hand is a prerequisite, which you have not fulfilled. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2016, 02:21:39 PM »
I've seen 15 more replies and zero maps.

Can I address the flat earth society. If you have a map. Bring it now.
No discussion, no point to point, no compass this or compass that.

A map.A simple map with a scale. A map you can Actually Use.

The globetards have one and as much as I might hate it, it gets me to any point I ever ask of it.
Can I help in any way to make a flat earth map?
There are over a thousand people registered. Their lives are dedicated to exposing truths.
Surely someone over the many years might have tried making a map?

Is this not important? Does it not underpin the whole flat earth? Wouldn't it be a simple matter to map a flat earth? It's 2016.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2016, 02:50:55 PM »
I've seen 15 more replies and zero maps.

Can I address the flat earth society. If you have a map. Bring it now.
No discussion, no point to point, no compass this or compass that.

A map.A simple map with a scale. A map you can Actually Use.

The globetards have one and as much as I might hate it, it gets me to any point I ever ask of it.
Can I help in any way to make a flat earth map?
There are over a thousand people registered. Their lives are dedicated to exposing truths.
Surely someone over the many years might have tried making a map?

Is this not important? Does it not underpin the whole flat earth? Wouldn't it be a simple matter to map a flat earth? It's 2016.

Who do you think you're fooling here?

Just because you use the word "globtards" doesn't mean crap here as "proof" you are a FE believer.

FET has no map, and pretending to believe in the fantasy, will not get those that actually do believe, to produce that which is impossible to make.

There is no FE map, because there is no FE.

Troll all you want, insult whomever you want, but you cannot get blood out of a turnip.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »
Draw a scale drawing on a spherical object, can be any drawing you like.

Now try to replicate your scale drawing on a two dimensional surface.

There's your answer, FET is a fantasy. There is no map as Round and Proud said.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2016, 08:02:33 PM »

You ask "Do you remember how many scientists was burned when heliocentric was in begining."? No, I haven't heard of any, have you?

Quote from: Wikipedia
Galileo affair
The Galileo affair was a sequence of events, beginning around 1610, culminating with the trial and condemnation of Galileo Galilei by the Roman Catholic Inquisition in 1633 for his support of heliocentrism.
In 1610, Galileo published his Sidereus Nuncius (Starry Messenger), describing the surprising observations that he had made with the new telescope, namely the phases of Venus and the Galilean moons of Jupiter. With these observations he promoted the heliocentric theory of Nicolaus Copernicus (published in De revolutionibus orbium coelestium in 1543). Galileo's initial discoveries were met with opposition within the Catholic Church, and in 1616 the Inquisition declared heliocentrism to be formally heretical. Heliocentric books were banned and Galileo was ordered to refrain from holding, teaching or defending heliocentric ideas.

But, Heliocentrism was certainly declared heretical and remained so until 1835.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Modern Catholic Church views
In 1758 the Catholic Church dropped the general prohibition of books advocating heliocentrism from the Index of Forbidden Books. It did not, however, explicitly rescind the decisions issued by the Inquisition in its judgement of 1633 against Galileo, or lift the prohibition of uncensored versions of Copernicus's De Revolutionibus or Galileo's Dialogue. The issue finally came to a head in 1820 when the Master of the Sacred Palace (the Church's chief censor), Filippo Anfossi, refused to license a book by a Catholic canon, Giuseppe Settele, because it openly treated heliocentrism as a physical fact. Settele appealed to pope Pius VII. After the matter had been reconsidered by the Congregation of the Index and the Holy Office, Anfossi's decision was overturned. Copernicus's De Revolutionibus and Galileo's Dialogue were then subsequently omitted from the next edition of the Index when it appeared in 1835.

But on the measurement of the earth, that has been done over the last few centuries, culminating with very precise laser interferometric and satellite methods.

What is interesting is that the modern maps do not differ significantly from those of up to 300 or more years ago, though obviously some places were either not mapped at all, or mapped inaccurately.

I don't see how you or anyone else could improve much on the current maps. They certainly seem quite accurate - can you see any problems?

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
we are energy, and you sun-SIN-worshippers evil lesser human beings are a joke.

1. I don't worship the frickin Sun you idiot.
2. I TOLD EVERYONE HE WAS A NAZI! LOOK! HE WANTS TO GAS US!
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
You just dont get it. Today globe maps work perfectly with all compass based instruments. Look for explanation for "RHUMBLINE" to get example how compass would work on flat earth. That is the main thing. COMPASS and how to read it.
Rhumb lines are based on an angle with the meridian lines, which radiate from the geographic North Pole. Magnetic North is not dependent on geographic North, so rhumb lines have nothing to do with compasses.
Im tired. Do you have any idea how hard is it to make a map from start. How many people, how much money, not to mention how many working hours. At least few years and that is for professionals.
All those professionals, the many people with notable funding who poured their time into mapping the world, the people who took the initiative "to make a map from start", all agree the earth is round. All our marvelously accurate maps are dependent on that assumption. Only those that don't understand the maps or obvious clues about Earth's shape have a hard time accepting it.
GPS is also based on compass positions and distances (globe model) and so not suitable.
GPS is not based on magnetic North, but because the satellites orbit Earth, they're not suitable. Because GPS's very existence defies FEF.
I just don't get how you can't understand that maps that have different position of North and South can never be comparable. That also count for GPS, positions and courses.
They are comparable. If you measure in degrees longitude and latitude, and measure the map with these rather than just visual space, technically every map is accurate as long as they stay true to the true long/lat of the locations on it. The position of North and South really doesn't matter if you're reading the map right, it's just that some maps are easier to read than others. For example, polar azimuthal projections are more accurate at their respective poles, Mercator is more accurate at the equator, and a globe is more accurate everywhere.
That statement is perfectly reasonable, but it's conditional on being able to see an island 150 miles away, presumably from the surface. Seeing as that's not really true anywhere, why does it matter, and why question that curvature blocks your line of sight?

You've justified your belief in a flat Earth only with declaring your lack of understanding of its shape, passing the task off on the "professionals" who do know what they're doing and do believe the world is spherical. You've failed to provide an accurate FE map made by experts. You've failed to give those non-existent Flat-Earth-theorizing cartographers an excuse. You've failed to even show globes to be inaccurate maps, so you're on the fast track to nowhere here.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2016, 01:23:48 PM »
Magnetic north, compass points and distances are simply a distraction if you have no map.
You have no map.

Make a Map or stop wasting your time.

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
Magnetic north, compass points and distances are simply a distraction if you have no map.

If you would have actually read my post, you would know that all I said is magnetic north has nothing to do with rhumb lines. Geoblue said rhumb lines explained how compasses work on a flat earth. They don't. That was my point on magnetic north and compasses in its entirety.

As for distances, Geoblue also made a false claim about map comparisons, based on ignorance of the fact that long/lat are always an accurate way of knowing where you are. That was my point. However the existent map is arranged, it will have to line up with actual distances.

Essentially, Geoblue didn't have a firm grasp on principles of navigation and so, yes, the things he was saying "were simply a distraction" from his not having an accurate map of a flat Earth. Then again, most pro-FE debate here really is just a distraction from the earth not being flat.
Quote from: Tommi Atkins
You have no map.

Oh, yes I do. I have a map. I have a real nice map. It's called a globe. And it works, everywhere.

So you're absolutely right; FEers can prove the earth is flat if they make a working map reliant on this fact. If making an accurate map of a flat earth is impossible, there is no flat earth. Until they've done this, they're wasting their time.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2016, 05:34:49 AM »
AHAHAHAH YOU ALL MAKE ME LAUGH A LOT GUYS.

I was an atheist, I just found out there's a GOD, and my whole life changed.
Never felt better before, I'm full of joy and my energy is intense.
even in my atheist phase, I've always managed to be a good person, because love, empathy, real enlightment, joy, peace, love for life etc. has always been there. I had faith in science, till I realized you hijacked science thousands years ago, and that it's all a joke.

god creation is everywhere, I gave a look at things from another point of view and understood everything.

you're exposed in my eyes. but you'll lose.
may GOD save your soul anyway.
I'm a son of god, we all are, but I know because I've faith, in the right one.

we are energy, and you sun-SIN-worshippers evil lesser human beings are a joke.

How can you be sure you didn't have some kind of mental break from reality when you thought you found god? How can you show someone else you didn't have a mental break from reality when you thought you found god?
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2016, 06:21:42 AM »
You have no map.

i agree,
But don't blame the Globe supporters for no Flat Earth map! We've been saying it's impossible all along.
Yes, I know the saying "Difficult jobs done immediately, impossibilities take a little longer", but some things really are not possible.

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2016, 02:15:01 PM »
79 replies and Zero Maps.
Lots of talking about compass points and viewing distances. One person saying he has no time to make a map.

If you are a Flat Earth believer and you ever have occasion to travel outside your town, (say when  you are on holiday with your Mum and Dad), what map do you use and does it work?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
what map do you use and does it work?

A flat one, and yes, it works just fine, thanks for asking. 

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »

OK, please show us an accurate flat map of the whole Flat earth! No-one has seen one yet.
And no, a projection of the Globe is not good enough, as we know that many of the distances and shapes of a projection of the whole Globe are severly distorted.

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »

Thats brilliant! AT LAST!
Can you post it here?

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2016, 02:12:31 PM »

If you would have actually read my post, you would know that all I said is magnetic north has nothing to do with rhumb lines. Geoblue said rhumb lines explained how compasses work on a flat earth. They don't. That was my point on magnetic north and compasses in its entirety.

As for distances, Geoblue also made a false claim about map comparisons, based on ignorance of the fact that long/lat are always an accurate way of knowing where you are. That was my point. However the existent map is arranged, it will have to line up with actual distances.

Essentially, Geoblue didn't have a firm grasp on principles of navigation and so, yes, the things he was saying "were simply a distraction" from his not having an accurate map of a flat Earth. Then again, most pro-FE debate here really is just a distraction from the earth not being flat.
You have no map.

Oh, yes I do. I have a map. I have a real nice map. It's called a globe. And it works, everywhere.

So you're absolutely right; FEers can prove the earth is flat if they make a working map reliant on this fact. If making an accurate map of a flat earth is impossible, there is no flat earth. Until they've done this, they're wasting their time.

The globe earth map is everywhere. Im in the Flat Earth society for a reason. I want a Flat Earth Map. Globe maps , im not interested in. Im interested in the society producing a working Flat Earth map. A local one will do. Just measure your street or better a journey with mum to visit auntie .Apply it to a globetards map and see if its accurate.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »

You have no map.

The globe earth map is everywhere. Im in the Flat Earth society for a reason. I want a Flat Earth Map. Globe maps , im not interested in. Im interested in the society producing a working Flat Earth map. A local one will do. Just measure your street or better a journey with mum to visit auntie .Apply it to a globetards map and see if its accurate.

As far as I am concerned there is no flat earth map, simply because the earth is not flat, it's that simple.
If you can find anything seriously wrong with those measurements, please let me know!

If the earth really were flat, making a map of the Flat Earth would be trivial, but as I have tried to point numerous times:

Don't blame globe supporters for this. These measurements (used to make the maps we have) have been made over centuries. Satellite mapping has not changed the shape of the earth, only improved the accuracy of the maps we have.

In my first post on this thread I tried to give you the maps suggested for the Flat Earth but you did not like them, so stop bitching and just accept the facts - there are no undistorted Flat Maps of the whole earth.
You could also go and study up of JRowe's "Dual Earth" hypopthesis in Dual Earth Theory.  That should keep you out of mischief for a while!
Mind you it is still quite distorted, just not as obviously as the North Pole centred and 0° N, 0° E centred projections of the globe we have been presented with.

And the bottom line is that if the distances between the points on earth fit on a Globe, they simply CANNOT fit on a Flat Surface.

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2016, 02:55:46 PM »
What is a mental break????   

How can you be sure you didn't have some kind of mental break from reality when you thought you found god?
Easy.
The true form of the earth + documentation of the same in ancient text = divine revelation. 

How can you show someone else you didn't have a mental break from reality when you thought you found god?
Step 1:  Show someone ancient holy texts which describe the true form of the earth. 
Step 2:  Show someone the true form of the earth. 
Step 3:  Tell someone that knowledge of the true form of the earth could only be derived 2 ways:  modern technology or Somebody's eyeball looking down from on high and telling ancient lowly men.  There is no 3rd choice. 
Step 4:  Remind someone that the ancient holy texts were written long before modern technology. 
Step 5:  Laugh at any suggested 3rd choice. 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2016, 10:01:31 PM »

How can you be sure you didn't have some kind of mental break from reality when you thought you found god?
Easy.
The true form of the earth + documentation of the same in ancient text = divine revelation. 

How can you show someone else you didn't have a mental break from reality when you thought you found god?
Step 1:  Show someone ancient holy texts which describe the true form of the earth. 
Step 3:  Tell someone that knowledge of the true form of the earth could only be derived 2 ways:  modern technology or Somebody's eyeball looking down from on high and telling ancient lowly men.  There is no 3rd choice. 
Step 4:  Remind someone that the ancient holy texts were written long before modern technology. 

Step 6:  Fail miserably as the other party brings actual facts and evidence. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2016, 10:18:12 PM »

Easy.

You claim that in "Step 3:  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . There is no 3rd choice."
You are quite wrong. There is a 3rd choice!
As I have claimed numerous times. The dimensions of the earth have been measured with progressively better accuracy for the past 500 years or more.

The shapes of the countries and continents, and their relative locations are well known and even an atlas contains accurate enough information.
These measurements do not fit on a flat surface.
This has been know for centuries and is the reason that there is no accurate flat earth map.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:06 AM »
My cut on this is:

Initially, thousands of years ago when people were seafarers, people (1) used compasses and (2) the areas were relatively local (the Mediterranean Sea). For such a "small" area, for all intents and purposes, it was flat. Any distortions could be attributed to misreading the compass and ships bobbing up and down. Although people knew about latitudes (via sextants) pretty well, there weren't very accurate clocks to measure longitude. This is why we had several/lots of flat maps with presumably better shapes to land masses as time went on (and people trying to join maps together). FE at its best.

As the science and art of cartography developed, distances became more accurate. Surveying methods across areas like India and Australia, that were now more accurate, did not match up on a piece of paper. These did match up to a large spherical surface. Geodetic surveying was born. FE went by the wayside as this, among other things, demonstrated a RE. Also, once the Americas were discovered, distances increased vastly and flat measurements did not match.

With airplanes and shipping going across oceans, measurements needed to be more accurate. Now-a-days, we know the distances and angles quite accurately (especially as measured by satellites). There is just no doubt (to the airlines and shipping industries) the Earth is definitely not flat (except locally where the distortions don't matter).

That is why you won't find any MODERN FE maps except for local areas where the distortions are negligible. If this is not correct, please present the most accurate FE map anyone has.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:58:35 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."