Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #540 on: June 12, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
And the math?

The math is based upon an erroneous interpretation of N3 & is therefore worthless.
So why don't you provide us with the math based on your correct interpretation of N3?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JoshPerplexed

• Strange creatures, these are...
« Reply #541 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
Do we really have to keep watching this train wreck to encourage him to get to 100, or will he just do that on his own anyway? He definitely doesn't know what he's talking about, or perhaps he does and he's playing stupid, but either way it's been shown that the character known as Papa Legba doesn't understand Newton's 3rd law. The thread was a resounding success in that respect. If he'd like to finish his marathon to 100, that's cool, but maybe we should give him some privacy to get the tears and sulking out of his system. I say let him have the rest of this thread to himself.
You people have ranted on and on and yet still know Papa is correct, yet you must keep up the general ridicule attempts so that those looking in will hopefully believe your bullshit and forget about the real truth that Papa is teaching them.

Papa is correct and you shills are not. Simple as that really.

No, he's not correct! You would know that if you studied, even a little. He's ridiculed because he has been given every opportunity to correctly understand basic physics, and chooses to remain ignorant.

You probably shouldn't get your science from a guy who's only argument is "Lies!" or "Shill!"....

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.
« Reply #542 on: June 12, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
Hey Papa,
You know that page you copied Newton's 3rd law from;
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/newtlaws/Lesson-4/Newton-s-Third-Law

Well, further down there's an exercise;

2. For years, space travel was believed to be impossible because there was nothing that rockets could push off of in space in order to provide the propulsion necessary to accelerate. This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because ...

a. ... space is void of air so the rockets have nothing to push off of.

b. ... gravity is absent in space.

c. ... space is void of air and so there is no air resistance in space.

d. ... nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Click on the "See answer" button and you get the following;

Answer: D

It is a common misconception that rockets are unable to accelerate in space. The fact is that rockets do accelerate. There is indeed nothing for rockets to push off of in space - at least nothing which is external to the rocket. But that's no problem for rockets. Rockets are able to accelerate due to the fact that they burn fuel and push the exhaust gases in a direction opposite the direction which they wish to accelerate.

You're using a source that says rockets work in space to bleat about rockets not working in space! How ironic...

LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #543 on: June 12, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »
^^ fantastic ha ha...that is true Legba style.

So 8 people voted Legba knows something. I now know Legba has 5 alt accounts, the others septic tank, humble_ scientist and Hoppy.

You remember when you say everyone is the majority knowing someone is an idiot, shill, sock puppet and whatever sad utterance you manage to squeeze out? This is the prime example of one finger pointing, three pointing back at you.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #544 on: June 12, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
OK the jig is up, rockets really work via repulsion. To get them to move an inanimate rocket is show PL's posts, in an act of desperation the inanimate rocket comes to life tries to get as far the fuck away from the planet PL lives on. If you show the rocket more or dumber posts by PL the greater the speed or carrying capacity.

Object B is PL

Soo good man haha soo good.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #545 on: June 12, 2016, 07:18:04 PM »
Hey Papa,

2. For years, space travel was believed to be impossible because there was nothing that rockets could push off of in space in order to provide the propulsion necessary to accelerate. This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because ...

d. ... nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

It is a common misconception that rockets are unable to accelerate in space. The fact is that rockets do accelerate. There is indeed nothing for rockets to push off of in space - at least nothing which is external to the rocket. But that's no problem for rockets. Rockets are able to accelerate due to the fact that they burn fuel and push the exhaust gases in a direction opposite the direction which they wish to accelerate.

You're using a source that says rockets work in space to bleat about rockets not working in space! How ironic...
As Papa would say...comedy gold!!

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »
Hey Papa,

Oh snap, well done! I don't know if Papa can even get out of this.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
Hey Papa,

The original quote on N3 was mine.

I don't think Papa checked the source at the time he copied and pasted it, or the ninety nine times after that.

Papa I spent a goodly portion of my Sunday brushing up on thermodynamics and gas laws, could you perhaps point me in the right direction? All the sources I've found lead me to believe rockets will work in a vacuum, free expansion of gas will not stop the rocket from working.

The thing is the rocket is there (stopping the gas expanding in that direction so "free expansion" doesn't happen on account of the gas hitting the rocket...

But I'm no chemical engineer.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2016, 12:19:05 AM »
The Q&A were a test of observation; look what you get when you put them together:

This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Observant pupils would notice that; idiots like yourself would not.

'Because nonsense'...

LOL!!!

Also lol at the fact your name miraculously changed from 'luggersailor' to 'joshperplexed' on another thread in the time it took for me to reply to your post...

Proof of sock-puppeting which thereby invalidates your silly fake poll.

Toodle-pip, shit at your shit job shills!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2016, 01:15:38 AM »
Hey Papa,

I don't think Papa checked the source at the time he copied and pasted it, or the ninety nine times after that.

Papa I spent a goodly portion of my Sunday brushing up on thermodynamics and gas laws, could you perhaps point me in the right direction? All the sources I've found lead me to believe rockets will work in a vacuum, free expansion of gas will not stop the rocket from working.

The thing is the rocket is there (stopping the gas expanding in that direction so "free expansion" doesn't happen on account of the gas hitting the rocket...

If you made yourself a man sized rocket and wanted to put it onto your roof but to get it up to your roof, you have to put your head inside of it so you can use your hands to grip the ladder.

Let's call your head and body, the fuel pushing against the inside of your rocket. Your ladder has rungs for your legs to step onto and up. The rungs provide the resistance to your push of your legs to allow you to keep that rocket moving upwards.
Your legs are the energy that pushes on the rungs to propel you and your rocket onto the roof.

In real rocket workings, it would be the fuel compressing against the atmosphere with the atmosphere being the rungs of your ladder, against you and that rocket you are under.
Now take away the rungs of the ladder and try your best to get that rocket onto the roof. You can't because your energy is basically allowed to exit the rocket with no work done to push that rocket in the opposite direction. This would be known as space, or the vacuum, or basically the free expansion of matter ejected from the rocket nozzle.

You need a resistance for a rocket to work. It cannot work by just pushing on itself without an external resistance to that push. Atmosphere provides this.

Some people have different ideas of how free expansion works. The truth is, there's no such thing as free expansion in its entirety. There's always a resistance. However, the resistance can be so weak as to be rendered as good as free expansion. Basically this is an extreme ultra low pressure environment - or to put it more plainly, space as we are told it is.

The simple thing is, if we have close to free expansion of any matter ejected from anything, then you cannot have a reactionary resistance to the expanded mass inside your container/rocket, or whatever.

« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:12 AM »
The Q&A were a test of observation; look what you get when you put them together:

This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Observant pupils would notice that; idiots like yourself would not.

'Because nonsense'...

LOL!!!

Also lol at the fact your name miraculously changed from 'luggersailor' to 'joshperplexed' on another thread in the time it took for me to reply to your post...

Proof of sock-puppeting which thereby invalidates your silly fake poll.

Toodle-pip, shit at your shit job shills!

Rockets work in space
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2016, 01:37:12 AM »
Hey Papa,

If you made yourself a man sized rocket and wanted to put it onto your roof but to get it up to your roof, you have to put your head inside of it so you can use your hands to grip the ladder.

Let's call your head and body, the fuel pushing against the inside of your rocket. Your ladder has rungs for your legs to step onto and up. The rungs provide the resistance to your push of your legs to allow you to keep that rocket moving upwards.
Your legs are the energy that pushes on the rungs to propel you and your rocket onto the roof.

In real rocket workings, it would be the fuel compressing against the atmosphere with the atmosphere being the rungs of your ladder, against you and that rocket you are under.
Now take away the rungs of the ladder and try your best to get that rocket onto the roof. You can't because your energy is basically allowed to exit the rocket with no work done to push that rocket in the opposite direction. This would be known as space, or the vacuum, or basically the free expansion of matter ejected from the rocket nozzle.

You need a resistance for a rocket to work. It cannot work by just pushing on itself without an external resistance to that push. Atmosphere provides this.

Some people have different ideas of how free expansion works. The truth is, there's no such thing as free expansion in its entirety. There's always a resistance. However, the resistance can be so weak as to be rendered as good as free expansion. Basically this is an extreme ultra low pressure environment - or to put it more plainly, space as we are told it is.

The simple thing is, if we have close to free expansion of any matter ejected from anything, then you cannot have a reactionary resistance to the expanded mass inside your container/rocket, or whatever.

Please don't spam up my thread with willful ignorance, thanks.

If i jump in the air and throw a bowling ball my trajectory changes (tried it)

Therefore the rocket "pushing on itself" is a null point.

Back to arguing about thermodynamics and gas laws please I was learning something.
I'm anti-judaism.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2016, 01:51:12 AM »

Please don't spam up my thread with willful ignorance, thanks.

If i jump in the air and throw a bowling ball my trajectory changes (tried it)

Therefore the rocket "pushing on itself" is a null point.

Back to arguing about thermodynamics and gas laws please I was learning something.
You are learning nothing and likely never will.

« Reply #553 on: June 13, 2016, 02:02:38 AM »
Hey Papa,

Hmm, so when you throw a medicine ball you push against the air ? :D You throw mass you push against that mass, wtf are you dont understand ?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #554 on: June 13, 2016, 02:06:48 AM »
LOL!!!

Back to 'Throwing a mass of gas in a vacuum'...

Again.

Anti-physics incoming!

« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2016, 02:13:18 AM »
LOL!!!

Again.

Anti-physics incoming!

So what makes gasses massless ? :D

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2016, 02:38:24 AM »

Emm, dude, already mentioned, this is from Papa Legba's source:

Are you saying Papa Legba is wrong? Or are you saying he's a liar?

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:55 AM »
LOL!!!

Well, that's pretty much what rocket does in vacuum. Again, your source says so

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2016, 02:44:14 AM »
You poor bastards.

Just listen to yourselves...

Trying to outwit both Newton & Kelvin in order to make Something Push on Nothing.

Sad stuff.

Fucking hell man, THE ROCKET DOESN'T PUSH ON "NOTHING", IT PUSHES ON THE FUEL!!! Just try to put this in your tiny mind and comprehend it!
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2016, 02:48:08 AM »
And those sad looking drawings in the calculation? Took me several tries and with different writing tools.

56 votes, yet the poll says only 53 members have voted, Einstein?

Someone been cheating?

I knew the 8 votes supporting you couldn't be legitimate.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2016, 02:49:32 AM »
And those sad looking drawings in the calculation? Took me several tries and with different writing tools.

56 votes, yet the poll says only 53 members have voted, Einstein?

Someone been cheating?

I knew the 8 votes supporting you couldn't be legitimate.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2016, 02:58:19 AM »
You poor bastards.

Trying to outwit both Newton & Kelvin in order to make Something Push on Nothing.

Sad stuff.

Fucking hell man, THE ROCKET DOESN'T PUSH ON "NOTHING", IT PUSHES ON THE FUEL!!! Just try to put this in your tiny mind and comprehend it!

Papa's probably gonna shout you stupid shills, comedy gold, yadda yadda yadda, then another copy of this
Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a

Oh wait, he can't, because we all know it's actually against him now.

It was at that moment, Papa Legba knew, he fucked up ;D ;D ;D

Pezevenk

« Reply #562 on: June 13, 2016, 03:02:01 AM »
You poor bastards.

Sad stuff.

Papa's probably gonna shout you stupid shills, comedy gold, yadda yadda yadda, then another copy of this
Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a

Oh wait, he can't, because we all know it's actually against him now.

It was at that moment, Papa Legba knew, he fucked up ;D ;D ;D

Legba never fucks up, because he is a fuck up himself. He is a troll, he doesn't care if he's wrong or right. That's why he can't fuck up.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2016, 03:43:14 AM »
Stop talking to yourself you nutter.

Quote function's still disabled btw...

Pezevenk

« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2016, 03:47:19 AM »
Stop talking to yourself you nutter.

Quote function's still disabled btw...

I am not sure if you think I am the same person as "hello there" now, or you are just really confused.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2016, 03:48:56 AM »
You're all Papa Legba's sock puppets, obviously

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2016, 04:34:07 AM »
LOL!!!

Well, that's pretty much what rocket does in vacuum. Again, your source says so

Come on, you   ::) KNOW  ::) Papa knows more than any source he quotes from, so he corrects the quotes as he posts, and leaves all the erroneous bits out!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #567 on: June 13, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »
What you are all doing here today is truly ruinous.

You have disabled the quote function, are piling on gaslighting sock-puppeted garbage, replying to my posts before I even post them, forcing me to waste time revising them, & generally doing all you can to block me from speaking freely.

Sadly, all this proves is that this forum is completely controlled by shills.

No doubt whatsoever.

Seems you have decided that fucking with me is more important than this forum's credibility; because no neutral in their right mind would join such a place.

Worth a lol?

Oh yes; worth a LMFAO in fact, especially as rabinoz just did it again!

Pezevenk

« Reply #568 on: June 13, 2016, 04:48:01 AM »

You have disabled the quote function, are piling on gaslighting sock-puppeted garbage, replying to my posts before I even post them, forcing me to waste time revising them, & generally doing all you can to block me from speaking freely.

No doubt whatsoever.

Seems you have decided that fucking with me is more important than this forum's credibility; because no neutral in their right mind would join such a place.

Worth a lol?

Oh yes, of course, I disabled your quote function! Watch out, I'm gonna transform your house into a pumpkin! Kazaam!!! Whooosh!!! Toodle Pip!!!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2016, 05:11:31 AM »

No doubt whatsoever.

Worth a lol?

Oh yes, of course, I disabled your quote function! Watch out, I'm gonna transform your house into a pumpkin! Kazaam!!! Whooosh!!! Toodle Pip!!!

Because his source failed him completely, that's why he's pretending not to be able to quote.

By the way, why aren't you arguing about rockets in vacuum anymore? And how about those Newton's 3rd law, have you done 100 posts yet?