Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

hello_there

• Round Earther
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
You poor bastards.

Just listen to yourselves...

Trying to outwit both Newton & Kelvin in order to make Something Push on Nothing.

Sad stuff.

Not on nothing. The rocket pushes on the exhaust gas, ejecting it downwards. At the same time the exhaust gas pushes the rocket up. It's Newton's 3rd law, the one you keep on posting?

But if you don't agree on how Newton's 3rd law is applied here, I also did the calculation without Newton's 3rd law. Surpirse surprise, the results are the same! So you can prove my math wrong by showing your math, agree with my math, or the fact that you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law. Sure you can keep dodging and avoiding, which will obviously imply the third option, the "don't understand" one.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
You poor bastards.

Trying to outwit both Newton & Kelvin in order to make Something Push on Nothing.

Sad stuff.

Not on nothing. The rocket pushes on the exhaust gas, ejecting it downwards. At the same time the exhaust gas pushes the rocket up. It's Newton's 3rd law, the one you keep on posting?

But if you don't agree on how Newton's 3rd law is applied here, I also did the calculation without Newton's 3rd law. Surpirse surprise, the results are the same! So you can prove my math wrong by showing your math, agree with my math, or the fact that you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law. Sure you can keep dodging and avoiding, which will obviously imply the third option, the "don't understand" one.
:P :P Have you learnt nothing for Papa's wonderful tutorials?  :P :P
Once gas gets within coo-ee of "the infinite vacuum of space"
it immediately (within a nanosecond I think one of his alts once said) disappears into nothingness!
leaving the rocket nothing to push on!
from Legba Rokkit Fisiks 101.
In the process it does no work on the rocket, the vacuum (obviously) nor anything else! Now you've been edicated in Legba Rokkit Fisiks.
I may have missed something, but obviously Papa Lima Tango will correct it immediatly!

I don't know when Kelvin entered the picture, but by now poor
Newton, Boyle, Kelvin, Tsiolkovsky, Goddard and von Braun not to mention de Laval are spinning in their graves!
Still he's good for a bit of a laugh, but as Liberace said "Too much of a good thing is - WONDERFUL!"

« Reply #512 on: June 11, 2016, 04:41:48 PM »
You poor bastards.

Sad stuff.

When you throw a ball at a wall do you feel that collision? No, it is not involving you it's involving a fucking wall.

You can't get thrust from "hitting" objects, walls, air. You get thrust from throwing/accelerating/launching something directly.

You genius.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #513 on: June 11, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
You poor bastards.

Sad stuff.

Someone better call the ambulance and third degree burns unit... Nice one hello_there.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #514 on: June 11, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »

You are not smart enough to pretend to be stupid.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2016, 12:57:10 AM »
Poor Papa, still can't comprehend that the law of Conservation of Momentum also proves rockets work
Even the renowned FEer, TheEngineer, tried to hammer that into your impenetrable scull.

The genuine physical laws do not conflict with each other. In many cases the same problem can be analysed using different sets of laws.

If your mathematics are correct you will get the same results using each method,
If you get different results something is wrong with (or omitted from) one or more of you solutions.
Usually, of course, choosing the best starting point can make the solution much easier.

So, Papa, please show us working in deriving the thrust of a rocket in terms of:
Mass flow rate,
Exhaust velocity,
Area of nozzle,
Exhaust pressure and
External pressure.

If you cannot do this (I'll allow you to "copy and paste" from a reputable source), we will all that you are nothing more than a bag of hot air.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2016, 01:13:03 AM »
*Yawn!*

You really should try to remember the nonsense you write when drunk, Geoff...

Here's where you blew it:

Space is not really a vacuum

Any more Last Words?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2016, 01:41:01 AM »
So you can prove my math wrong by showing your math, agree with my math, or the fact that you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law. Sure you can keep dodging and avoiding, which will obviously imply the third option, the "don't understand" one.

So, Papa, please show us working in deriving the thrust of a rocket in terms of:
Mass flow rate,
Exhaust velocity,
Area of nozzle,
Exhaust pressure and
External pressure.

If you cannot do this (I'll allow you to "copy and paste" from a reputable source), we will all that you are nothing more than a bag of hot air.

*Yawn!*

You really should try to remember the nonsense you write when drunk, Geoff...

Any more Last Words?

I think that's it then, Papa chose the third option, and the big question have been answered. Does Papa Legba understand Newton's 3rd Law? Evidently, no he doesn't. It's been proven that 48 out of 56 people have been correct all along. Way to go guys!

« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2016, 01:49:53 AM »
OK the jig is up, rockets really work via repulsion. To get them to move an inanimate rocket is show PL's posts, in an act of desperation the inanimate rocket comes to life tries to get as far the fuck away from the planet PL lives on. If you show the rocket more or dumber posts by PL the greater the speed or carrying capacity.

Object B is PL
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2016, 02:17:03 AM »
Birds in a truck prove you people wrong.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2016, 02:43:39 AM »
So you can prove my math wrong by showing your math, agree with my math, or the fact that you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law.

It's not your math.

You copy-pasted all of it from some mad disinfo-site.

So the fact that you lied about this means I don't have to do a damn thing.

Because falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, loser.

Oh, & STFU Geoff.

Any more Last Words?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2016, 02:48:32 AM »
Here is N3 again; note the need to force-pair with an external mass:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

Also, lol at this mistake:

48 out of 56 people have been correct all along.

56 votes, yet the poll says only 53 members have voted, Einstein?

Someone been cheating?

As if a fake poll started by a fake Satanist on a fake flat earth forum carries much weight with normal people anyway...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2016, 03:12:35 AM »
Any more Last Words?
Yes, now we know you're just the "bag of hot air" that we thought all along!

You can never come up with the goods, so you go on with more ranting and raving.
The only argument you ever as is the classic "ad hominem"! Yes we do it, just learning from the master!

Sure I claimed that "Space is not really a vacuum", got a problem with that? Take a peek at:
Interstellar Gas:
Approximately 99% of the interstellar medium is composed of interstellar gas, and of its mass, about 75% is in the form of hydrogen (either molecular or atomic), with the remaining 25% as helium. The interstellar gas consists partly of neutral atoms and molecules, as well as charged particles, such as ions and electrons. This gas is extremely dilute, with an average density of about 1 atom per cubic centimeter. (For comparison, the air we breathe has a density of approximately 30,000,000,000,000,000,000 molecules per cubic centimeter.) Even though the interstellar gas is very dilute, the amount of matter adds up over the vast distances between the stars.
From What is the Interstellar Medium?
Sure, it's very, very close to a perfect vacuum, but there is some gas there, so space is not a perfect vacuum.

Now, whatever Papa might claim it is very likely that this reference knows more than he does. Now of we could revise our opinion if only he could some reliable references, but he doesn't seem to have any.

Now, what about giving us that thrust ~ pressure relationship?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2016, 03:16:09 AM »
You can never come up with the goods, so you go on with more ranting and raving.

LMFAO!!!

Comedy Gold...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2016, 03:29:08 AM »

Still unable to answer a simple question!

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #525 on: June 12, 2016, 03:32:37 AM »
So you can prove my math wrong by showing your math, agree with my math, or the fact that you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law.

It's not your math.

I lied? And it's a fact? Is it really the best you can do? Haha good luck looking it up on the internet. Unless you can hack into my hard drive, you're not gonna find anything. And those sad looking drawings in the calculation? Took me several tries and with different writing tools.

I told you already, you should have just stopped pages ago with what's left of your dignity, now you're like a trapped mouse trying to escape.

But how about this for a chance of escape. If you think my math is wrong, then why don't you show me your math, explaining how the rocket works in the atmosphere and how it doesn't work in a vacuum? How about that?

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #526 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:54 AM »
And by the way, I'd like to see this so called mad disinfo-site you think I copy-pasted from. That is, if you could fine one  ::) ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #527 on: June 12, 2016, 03:45:02 AM »

It's not your math.

I lied? And it's a fact? Is it really the best you can do? Haha good luck looking it up on the internet. Unless you can hack into my hard drive, you're not gonna find anything. And those sad looking drawings in the calculation? Took me several tries and with different writing tools.

I told you already, you should have just stopped pages ago with what's left of your dignity, now you're like a trapped mouse trying to escape.

But how about this for a chance of escape. If you think my math is wrong, then why don't you show me your math, explaining how the rocket works in the atmosphere and how it doesn't work in a vacuum? How about that?
Papa doesn't do math and explain! Papa only does rant, rave, accuse and lie.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #528 on: June 12, 2016, 04:43:22 AM »
Papa doesn't do math and explain! Papa only does rant, rave, accuse and lie.

It's not your math.

And that is the part that really cracked me up. Claimed I copy pasted from a site, yet don't put the link to the alleged site (for obvious reason though, can't put a link to a non-existent site). That is probably one of the most desperate attempts in the history of flat-earth trolling. Instead of just admitting defeat, Papa holds on to his lies like a tongue stuck to a frozen pole. The longer he stays, the more painful it is to get unstuck. But it has to come off eventually, and I'm looking forward to see how it goes ;D

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #529 on: June 12, 2016, 05:51:52 AM »
And those sad looking drawings in the calculation? Took me several tries and with different writing tools.

So you're shit at drawing as well as a liar.

That math was copy-pasted off a NASA site.

And it got Newton's 3rd Law wrong anyway, as it just took the Force the rocket was creating & reversed it, ignoring the fact it had to interact with an external mass to create a force-pairing.

Like I said: mad disinfo-spam; & the fact that you have had to resort to such gibberish shows YOU have lost, not I.

Here's N3 again, just for lying retards...

Like you.

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

Also, still lol at this mistake, which shows how good your math skills REALLY are:

48 out of 56 people have been correct all along.

Someone been cheating?

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #530 on: June 12, 2016, 06:29:19 AM »
48 out of 53 people? Seriously? That's even better!

That math was copy-pasted off a NASA site.
Which site? And, emm, THE LINK?

So you're shit at drawing as well as a liar.
So you agree that shit drawing is my drawing? But you said I copy-pasted it from NASA website? Make up your mind, dumb ass!

And it got Newton's 3rd Law wrong anyway, as it just took the Force the rocket was creating & reversed it, ignoring the fact it had to interact with an external mass to create a force-pairing.
And the math? You said you understand it perfectly, so where's your math?

the fact that you have had to resort to such gibberish shows YOU have lost, not I.
Considering you are a troll, then, I guess so, you got what you wanted. Congrats. But the fact that you are pretending to be a flat earther, then no, you totally got owned.

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts
Anybody keeping track of this shit? Has he done 100 yet?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #531 on: June 12, 2016, 06:37:45 AM »
Do we really have to keep watching this train wreck to encourage him to get to 100, or will he just do that on his own anyway? He definitely doesn't know what he's talking about, or perhaps he does and he's playing stupid, but either way it's been shown that the character known as Papa Legba doesn't understand Newton's 3rd law. The thread was a resounding success in that respect. If he'd like to finish his marathon to 100, that's cool, but maybe we should give him some privacy to get the tears and sulking out of his system. I say let him have the rest of this thread to himself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #532 on: June 12, 2016, 06:46:58 AM »
Do we really have to keep watching this train wreck to encourage him to get to 100, or will he just do that on his own anyway? He definitely doesn't know what he's talking about, or perhaps he does and he's playing stupid, but either way it's been shown that the character known as Papa Legba doesn't understand Newton's 3rd law. The thread was a resounding success in that respect. If he'd like to finish his marathon to 100, that's cool, but maybe we should give him some privacy to get the tears and sulking out of his system. I say let him have the rest of this thread to himself.
You people have ranted on and on and yet still know Papa is correct, yet you must keep up the general ridicule attempts so that those looking in will hopefully believe your bullshit and forget about the real truth that Papa is teaching them.

Papa is correct and you shills are not. Simple as that really.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2016, 07:05:51 AM »
And the math?

The math is based upon an erroneous interpretation of N3 & is therefore worthless.

I already told you this, dunce-cap.

And if the math is yours & you understand it so well, then why did you have to copy-paste it rather than write it here so that it could be gone through line by line?

And you are ignoring the rather odd fact that only 53 members have voted, yet 56 votes have been cast...

Please explain this, as it seems suspicious.

But then again, you also seem to believe that your shitty fake poll proves a damn thing; so you are hardly a scientist, as scientific truth is not a matter of consensus...

'Propagandist' would be a better description for what you & your sock-army are.

Now read this please:

Newton's Third Law

Then get yet another 'last word' in, as your shill-protocol compels you to do.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2016, 07:16:37 AM »
Also, this:

if what Papa Legba says actually happened, there would be no conservation of momentum.

Please explain how the Free Expansion of a gas into a vacuum violates COM.

I imagine every scientist who has bothered wading through all your disinfo-bullshit will be VERY interested in your answer.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2016, 07:39:16 AM »
Also, this:

if what Papa Legba says actually happened, there would be no conservation of momentum.

Please explain how the Free Expansion of a gas into a vacuum violates COM.

I imagine every scientist who has bothered wading through all your disinfo-bullshit will be VERY interested in your answer.

That's not the part that violates conservation of momentum. It's the part where the exhaust is rapidly and forcefully ejected out of the combustion chamber (with momentum!) and somehow doesn't have any offsetting momentum in the opposite direction against the rocket. But you knew that.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #536 on: June 12, 2016, 07:52:03 AM »
And the math?

The math is based upon an erroneous interpretation of N3 & is therefore worthless.

I was asking for your math, flat head! Here's the un-cherry-picked full quote:

If you don't like my N3 interpretation, then look at the ones without N3! In fact, the prove that rocket works in vacuum is done without N3. Learn how to read!

And if the math is yours & you understand it so well, then why did you have to copy-paste it rather than write it here so that it could be gone through line by line?
So I copy and pasted it because I posted it as images? With *.png format, it immediately counts as a copy-pasted material? That's some fucked up logic. You can't beat my math, so you attack the format, how creative ::). But seriously, attacking the format is by far the lowest kind of attack I've ever received. And even if it was copy-pasted, why would it automatically be incorrect?

And why I didn't write it in the native text editor? Well, can you embed and edit mathtype objects in it? Or can you put right-alligned tab stops with dots? Go try it yourself!

And you are ignoring the rather odd fact that only 53 members have voted, yet 56 votes have been cast...

Yes I do suspect, suspect those votes in your favor are fake! But don't ask me, I don't run this website. Newsflash: it's called "THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY", any idea who runs it? That's right, ask your fellow flat earthers why the numbers are messed up.

You people have ranted on and on and yet still know Papa is correct
And he thought you were the correct one ::)
Or is he your alt? Because if he isn't, then you're such a disappointment.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #537 on: June 12, 2016, 08:26:35 AM »
That's not the part that violates conservation of momentum. It's the part where the exhaust is rapidly and forcefully ejected out of the combustion chamber (with momentum!) and somehow doesn't have any offsetting momentum in the opposite direction against the rocket. But you knew that.

You just said that free expansion both does & does not violate COM.

But you knew that.

Gas expands freely into a vacuum without doing any work: FACT.

In doing so it does not violate COM: FACT.

The formula you are looking for is Work=Pressure x Increase in Volume; when Pressure=Zero - as it can only be in a vacuum - then Work=Zero.

You really need to stop making up physics then embroidering them with mathematical nonsense in order to sustain your sci-fi bullshit fantasies.

Tl;dr bullshit from a disinfo-parrot who cannot understand that math based on false assumptions is worthless.

As you were, shill.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2016, 08:37:41 AM »

You just said that free expansion both does & does not violate COM.

But you knew that.

Gas expands freely into a vacuum without doing any work: FACT.

In doing so it does not violate COM: FACT.

The formula you are looking for is Work=Pressure x Increase in Volume; when Pressure=Zero - as it can only be in a vacuum - then Work=Zero.

You really need to stop making up physics then embroidering them with mathematical nonsense in order to sustain your sci-fi bullshit fantasies.

Tl;dr bullshit from a disinfo-parrot who cannot understand that math based on false assumptions is worthless.

As you were, shill.
Why do gases that move from a compressed state to not compressed state lose energy?   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:50:58 AM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #539 on: June 12, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »

As you were, shill.

Wow, now you're just faking a quote there. I have never ever said that.
I see what you are doing Papa, but that counts as faking a quote, and I'll assume that's your intention!

Anyone who's reading this, if you click here (marked in red) on Papa Legba's post

this is what you're gonna find:

And the math?

I was asking for your math, flat head! Here's the un-cherry-picked full quote:

If you don't like my N3 interpretation, then look at the ones without N3! In fact, the prove that rocket works in vacuum is done without N3. Learn how to read!

So I copy and pasted it because I posted it as images? With *.png format, it immediately counts as a copy-pasted material? That's some fucked up logic. You can't beat my math, so you attack the format, how creative ::). But seriously, attacking the format is by far the lowest kind of attack I've ever received. And even if it was copy-pasted, why would it automatically be incorrect?

And why I didn't write it in the native text editor? Well, can you embed and edit mathtype objects in it? Or can you put right-alligned tab stops with dots? Go try it yourself!

Yes I do suspect, suspect those votes in your favor are fake! But don't ask me, I don't run this website. Newsflash: it's called "THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY", any idea who runs it? That's right, ask your fellow flat earthers why the numbers are messed up.

You people have ranted on and on and yet still know Papa is correct
And he thought you were the correct one ::)
Or is he your alt? Because if he isn't, then you're such a disappointment.

I'm asking you fellow good people here. Can I report Papa Legba for faking a quote? Because that will be awesome.