Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2016, 12:47:47 AM »
]Please quote an independent source that agrees with you!

Okay:

Papa Legba's Third Law
Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

No, no, no. I asked for an independent source, not the (n+1)th[1] repetition of Papa Legba's Third Law

[1] Where n - > ∞;

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2016, 01:24:12 AM »
A gas can create a force-pairing with another gas, yes.

You may find the formula Force=Pressure x Area useful here, where mass x acceleration is contained within the term 'Force'. In the case of a rocket the Pressure is applied at the Area of the nozzle exit, where it meets the external mass of the atmosphere...

Well, that's right and wrong at the same time. Looks like you're showing some progress, well done.

How about an inflated balloon when you release the bottom hole? If you open the bottom hole and release it the balloon will go like a rocket (with uncontrolled direction though). It's got normal pressure outside and higher pressure inside. But the area of the hole is so small, therefore according to your understanding, the force is small (Force=slightly higher pressure inside X small hole area). It should have just blown its air out slowly, yet in reality it goes like a crazy rocket.

The reason? The higher pressure inside, normal pressure outside, hole at the bottom. The air goes from high to low pressure through the hole, ejected downwards, so the rest of the balloon go upwards, Newton's 3rd law. Same as the rocket, high pressure in the combustion chamber, lower pressure outside, hole in the nozzle, the air goes from high pressure to low pressure, therefore ejected from the combustion chamber downwards through the nozzle, while the rocket is pushed upwards, Newton's 3rd law. And when I said lower pressure outside, vacuum has zero pressure, so it's also lower than inside the combustion chamber, which still allows it to work.

As for your hoverboards, water is an incompressible fluid; this may give you a clue as to how they work?
With your understanding of how rocket works, then no, I don't have a clue. But of course you do understand it, don't you? Please, explain it to me, show me you understand. Concerning newton's 3rd law, please tell me which resembles the rocket, which resembles the exhaust gas, which resembles the nozzle, and which resembles the outside atmosphere that you think has to be present, and how the riders can be propelled upwards.

Anyhoo; please continue your mad ranting, which is written in the exact same style as BabyHighSpeed, Frenat & Luckyfred btw.
Well you can ask jroa our IP addresses. You can also compare our activities from the stats. But come on, we both know who's the troll here, right?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2016, 01:54:07 AM »

As for your hoverboards, water is an incompressible fluid; this may give you a clue as to how they work?
With your understanding of how rocket works, then no, I don't have a clue. But of course you do understand it, don't you? Please, explain it to me, show me you understand. Concerning newton's 3rd law, please tell me which resembles the rocket, which resembles the exhaust gas, which resembles the nozzle, and which resembles the outside atmosphere that you think has to be present, and how the riders can be propelled upwards.

So good xD

Also this
Prepare for some seriously fun rocket science!

This exciting water-rocket kit contains everything you need to blast a rocket up to 30 meters toward the heavens! That's as high as 9 stories! More than impressive, we say.

The beauty of the LiquiFly Deluxe Kit is that it's all-inclusive - you get the pump and bottle, as well as some useful extras. Designed to demonstrate the principles of thrust, acceleration and jet propulsion: these rockets really fly using only the power of water and air pressure.
The sleek bottle rocket itself features screw on fins to help maintain the correct trajectory, high and low launch valves and a special air-pump specially optimized for Liquifly rocketry.
Try experimenting with different water levels, and varying the air pressure to test how thrust is affected. Full instructions are provided in each kit on safety, set-up and how to really max out your thrust.

Demonstrations at school don't get better than this!

Age: 8+; Warning this is not a toy. It is a seriously fun experiment. Adult supervision required at launch.

LiquiFly Deluxe Kit Includes: a set of fins to keep your bottle rocket on course, a plastic bottle rocket, a high launch and low launch valve, 6 Metres of hose, release fittings and a pump optimised for use with the Liquifly kit.

So get out on a windless day with 2.5 litres of water, and begin counting-down to blast off!

How Does it Work?

LiquiFly works on the same principle as other water rockets, with the energy coming from water and air. The action of pumping air into the bottle filled with water creates high pressure which forces the water through the restricted opening at high velocity. This creates the thrust needed to launch the bottle high into the air. A fun way to learn about rockets and Newton's third law of motion "every action has an equal and opposite reaction".

Teach

Rocketry Jet propulsion Thrust, acceleration and gravity

https://www.australiangiftsonline.com.au/products/liquifly-deluxe-the-amazing-water-powered-rocket-kit?variant=1139318704&gclid=CjwKEAjw4dm6BRCQhtzl6Z6N4i0SJADFPu1n3szozoe-5-WxSe5fJRvF0H1IWeMhVXcqDkXOOsXDkBoCPVXw_wcB

I'm buying one for my Nephew, I'll buy you one too if you promise to use it Papa, it says ages 8+ so ask a responsible adult to help you with the launch.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:59:00 AM by disputeone »
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2016, 05:22:48 AM »
The higher pressure inside, normal pressure outside, hole at the bottom. The air goes from high to low pressure through the hole, ejected downwards, so the rest of the balloon go upwards, Newton's 3rd law.

Unless you are referring to Newton's previously-undiscovered 3rd Law of Complete Bullshit, then you are wrong.

Here is N3; note it emphasises the necessity of force-pairings, a thing your mad disinfo-rant did not include:

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

please tell me which resembles the rocket, which resembles the exhaust gas, which resembles the nozzle, and which resembles the outside atmosphere that you think has to be present, and how the riders can be propelled upwards.

Why does your silly hoverboard fall back into the sea when it gets above around 16 feet in height & why does it work better the closer the jets are to the sea surface?

If you believe it is violating N3 by creating a force-pairing with either nothing or itself, rather than the very obvious external mass of the sea (& to a lesser extent the atmosphere), then YOU explain why.

Blah, sneer, whine, yak, blah...

Your continued attempts to confuse recoil with hot gas jet propulsion are noted.

Oh, & STFU Geoff.

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2016, 05:34:48 AM »
A gas can create a force-pairing with another gas, yes.
Can a gas create a force pairing with a solid?

You may find the formula Force=Pressure x Area useful here, where mass x acceleration is contained within the term 'Force'. In the case of a rocket the Pressure is applied at the Area of the nozzle exit, where it meets the external mass of the atmosphere...
What about the surface area of the rocket engine itself?  Is there no pressure applied there?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2016, 05:47:12 AM »
Well according to your crazy model all the pressure is applied to the injector plates above the combustion chamber...

Which'd be pretty catastrophic to say the least.

So it's a good thing they don't work the way you say they do, eh?

And I'm just gonna pretend you didn't ask if a gas can force-pair with a solid...

That was a new low for you, saggy old clapped-out cloth-spook markjo.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #396 on: June 07, 2016, 05:57:04 AM »
Back to "Exhuast stacking."

'Exhuast' stacking is your own mad & incorrectly-spelled disinfo-invention, socky-boy...

That you attribute the notion to myself merely shows how desperate you are.

I believe you created some educational diagrams to elucidate 'exhuast stacking'...

Care to share them with us again?

We all need a laugh.
The "diagram was an MS paint of two circles representing molecules. I wanted you or Sceptictank to explain how to molecules hitting each other could propel a rocket. Care to explain yet? Or are you going to further your reputation as all talk no evidence?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #397 on: June 07, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »
The higher pressure inside, normal pressure outside, hole at the bottom. The air goes from high to low pressure through the hole, ejected downwards, so the rest of the balloon go upwards, Newton's 3rd law.

Unless you are referring to Newton's previously-undiscovered 3rd Law of Complete Bullshit, then you are wrong.

With your interpretation of Newton's 3rd law, I guess I am wrong then. Same as 2+2*3=8 is wrong in a kindergarten kid's interpretation of math. (And you're thinking about cherry-picking the "I guess I am wrong then" part, huh? Well, I dare you to do it!)

Why does your silly hoverboard fall back into the sea when it gets above around 16 feet in height

Because it is uncool and boring to just stay up there, and they are showing off their skills in the video. So being uncool is the last thing the want. There are videos where the riders are not trying to be cool (in fact, first video is kinda lame), and they stay up there with their feet above the water surface:

& why does it work better the closer the jets are to the sea surface?

Because one, the more mass of the pipe is lifted above the surface, adding more  to the total weight. And two, the nozzle is higher. It requires higher potential energy for the water to reach the nozzle, therefore the water is ejected at lower speed.

If you believe it is violating N3 by creating a force-pairing with either nothing or itself, rather than the very obvious external mass of the sea (& to a lesser extent the atmosphere), then YOU explain why.

So it is pushing the sea while even the rider's feet is above the surface, like in the two videos I just provided you? How?

And you haven't completely answered my previous question either. Concerning newton's 3rd law, please tell me which resembles the rocket, which resembles the exhaust gas, which resembles the nozzle, and which resembles the outside atmosphere that you think has to be present. And how the riders can be propelled upwards? As you can see, they can stay up in the air if they want to. Like in the two videos I provided, the riders' feet are well above the water surface. Give us a complete answer, completely explaining the workings of it. If you think you have, quote your complete answer. If you do neither of those super easy tasks, that means you don't understand Newton's 3rd law.

And by the way

What does it have to do with water being incompressible? Again, give me a complete answer, if you have then quote your complete answer, if you do neither of those super easy tasks that means you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #398 on: June 07, 2016, 08:28:49 AM »
Why does your silly hoverboard fall back into the sea when it gets above around 16 feet in height
Because it is uncool and boring to just stay up there, and they are showing off their skills in the video. So being uncool is the last thing the want

'Uncool & boring'...

Lol no.

May want to look at the specs for these things, Mr. The Fail-Troll.

Cos I have...

'Max. height 16 feet' it said.

Know why that is?

Same reason a rocket fails when it doesn't have enough atmosphere to push off.

Know why that is?

Because this:

Newton's Third Law

Oh, & STFU sokarul.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #399 on: June 07, 2016, 09:39:22 AM »
Quote from: hello_there
What does it have to do with water being incompressible? Again, give me a complete answer, if you have then quote your complete answer, if you do neither of those super easy tasks that means you don't understand Newton's 3rd Law.

"stfu sokarul"

Lol

Destroyed.

lol

Exhaust Stacking

Lol
Can't even back up his claims

Lol

65 years old?

Lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2016, 11:07:51 AM »
Well according to your crazy model all the pressure is applied to the injector plates above the combustion chamber...

Which'd be pretty catastrophic to say the least.
Why would that be catastrophic?  Turbine engine combustion chambers seem to work just fine with a similar configuration. 

So it's a good thing they don't work the way you say they do, eh?
Who says they don't work the way I say they do? 

And I'm just gonna pretend you didn't ask if a gas can force-pair with a solid...
Of course you will, that way you don't have to admit that the expanding combustion gasses force pair with the rocket engine just fine.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »
Quote from: hello_there

"stfu sokarul"

Lol

Destroyed.

lol

Exhaust Stacking

Lol
Can't even back up his claims

Lol

65 years old?

Lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
Turbine engine combustion chambers seem to work just fine with a similar configuration.

Now you don't understand how turbine engines work either?

You think they have the same configuration as a rocket engine?

Just gets worse for you every post...

Then, I suppose you have no choice but to keep digging your grave whilst piling on the sock-votes in your fake poll in the hope that'll save you somehow?

Oh, & STFU sokarul.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2016, 12:25:31 PM »
Turbine engine combustion chambers seem to work just fine with a similar configuration.

Now you don't understand how turbine engines work either?

You think they have the same configuration as a rocket engine?
Are 'similar' and 'same' synonyms where you come from?

No, of course rocket engines and turbine engines don't have the same configuration.

But they do share some of the same characteristics.

For example, they both inject fuel into a high pressure, open ended combustion chamber to be burned.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »
they both inject fuel into a high pressure, open ended combustion chamber to be burned.

Which would be snuffed out by back-pressure according to your bullshit model of how thrust is created.

Exit of the nozzle, Bagpuss...

That's where the force-pairing occurs.

Keep lying though, King Nothing...

Lotta mugs out there!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »
Pressure stops reaction? You could win the Nobel Prize for that kind of talk. For you see in the real world, pressure lets reactions happen faster.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
You are so markjo's bitch aren't you?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »

I just like to point out your stupidity.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
I just like to point out your stupidity.

You'd prefer to be a Dalek though, wouldn't you?

Markjo's special little Dalek...

It's okay to admit it you know?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2016, 01:43:44 PM »
Enough derailing.

Here's why rockets cannot work in a vacuum:

Newton's Third Law

Daleks be damned; you just can not push on NOTHING.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
they both inject fuel into a high pressure, open ended combustion chamber to be burned.

Which would be snuffed out by back-pressure according to your bullshit model of how thrust is created.
Then why isn't a turbine engine snuffed out by back pressure?

As long as the fuel pressure is higher than the chamber pressure, there shouldn't be any problem.

Exit of the nozzle, Bagpuss...

That's where the force-pairing occurs.
You keep saying that, but completely ignore the mass flow rate of the exhaust and the exhaust pressure acting against the walls of the rocket engine (both in the combustion chamber and in the exhaust bell).

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2016, 07:37:28 PM »
We'll Papa has at least 4 alts, no doubt there we got a yes vote from jroa hoppy and scepti that leaves Papa and 4 alts.

Also Markjo got post 420... damn you Markjo.

Papa gas molecules have mass, free expansion is not relevant here, mass ejected one way causes an "equal and opposite reaction"

Imagine you were in space with a bag of apples, you throw the apple and move proportionate to the mass of the apple the speed you throw it and your mass.

Think of the fuel as apples the rocket as you and the chemical reaction as throwing the apples.

Goddamnit man it's not hard to grasp.
I'm anti-judaism.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
Also Markjo got post 420... damn you Markjo.
Actually, it's reply 420.  The OP isn't included in that count.

Goddamnit man it's not hard to grasp.
I suspect that PL does grasp it, but refuses to break character regardless of how simply or thoroughly it's explained.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2016, 12:09:45 AM »
Sit down and take notes.

Why did the shill turn the other tap on too?

Work that one out & see the fraud.

(clue: water is an incompressible fluid).

Then why isn't a turbine engine snuffed out by back pressure?

Because your model is bullshit you circular-reasoning old fraud.

Think of the fuel as apples the rocket as you and the chemical reaction as throwing the apples.

Yes, if you think of a continuous stream of exhausted gas as a bunch of individual solid items having a force inexplicably applied to them then ypoou cann hazz shpayze-shippz...

But if you think of a continuous stream of exhausted gas as what it actually is, i.e. a continuous stream of exhausted gas, then you cannot.

Because of the Laws of Physics.

This is your problem; you simply refuse to treat things as what they are & can only keep dreaming up increasingly bizarre false analogies.

We've been here before btw...

And you lost every time.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2016, 12:49:56 AM »
The gas molecules have mass you mongoloid.

You can think of the gas molecules as very small very light apples.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:52:01 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2016, 12:56:18 AM »
Helium for example has an atomic mass of 4.002602 u ± 0.000002 u.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

You're making yourelf look so stupid...
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
You can think of the gas molecules as very small very light apples.

No you can't.

Which is why you have to come out with garbage like the following:

When you're considering the properties of gases there are often two ways to look at the problem. The first is to use the continuum approximation leading to the usual laws like Boyle's law, Charles' law etc. The second is to treat the gas as many tiny particles (i.e. the gas atoms/molecules) and use Newtonian mechanics. In this case I think the second way is to understand what's going on.

Yeah; if you throw out all the Gas Laws then ypou cann hazz shpayze-shippz...

You mongoloid.

Plus look at yourself desperately retro-editing & double-posting & deleting to get out of the mess you created...

Of course, you cannot read my posts as I am writing them, can you?

LOL!!!

Yes you can; because this forum is compromised...

It could not be more obvious.

Pathetic.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »
What mess I created? Do you mean the thread where your arguments were consistently and completly destroyed?

I edited it for a typo, seriously man.

Also, the gas atoms have mass, therefore the throwing apple comparison was completely relevant, nice job dodging that one.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2016, 01:52:28 AM »
What mess I created? Do you mean the thread where your arguments were consistently and completly destroyed?

This only happened in your head.

the gas atoms have mass, therefore the throwing apple comparison was completely relevant, nice job dodging that one.

What, dodging it by telling you it violates the Gas Laws?

Which you already admitted btw...

Meh.

Anyhoo; you seem to be intent on derailing your own thread with mad bullshit & terrible false analogies about 'throwing solid masses of gas into a vacuum'...

How's that working out for you, Mini-Minion?

Perhaps you can let your true feelings be known in 'Angry Ranting'?

Toodle-pip, Prince of Pseudo-Scientific Darkness!