Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
You're misinterpreting the law. What it means is if (AND ONLY IF!!!) the earth was round it would work. seeign as how the earth is a infinite flat plane of existence,  the flame curves inwards so it would work. Both scientists Kevin Welsh and Professor Derek Ehle proved this in their study against Newton's law. TL;DR: 3rd law is a HOAX

Hard to argue with rock-solid willful ignorance like that, I guess...

Wow, not being able to properly counter an argument is the other person being ignorant now?
In that case you are ignorant.

Pugs

• Agnostic of Flat/Round Earth.
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
Yes, that mass would be burning propellant.

You mean the burning propellant that's creating the rocket's force in the first place?

So that force reacts against itself somehow?
No, the burning propellant reacts against the rocket engine.

Remember, the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

why would fire of the propellant make the rocket fly away??
does fire give some magic round-earth force that pushes it away?
when i light my fireplace it doesnt go and fly away into space so why would a rocket
this is stupid NASA hoax stuff how could anyone be so stupid to believe this
When fuel is burned it releases energy. As a result, the exhaust expands. Since the compution chamber doesn't change size, the pressure inside increases. This in turn forces out the exhaust faster than it would normally be forced out. And as we all know, Newton's 3rd law comes into play, the force that forces out the exhaust also has an equal and opposite force on the rocket. Thus the rocket moves.

But if you think I'm wrong, why don't you disprove car engines for us, Mr. Dumas.

Yeah, maybe next time think before you type.

because in this sense, Car engines work because they are parallel  to earth's center of mass. Rocket engines dont work because that must push against an infinite plane of Center of Mass so therefore, according to physics and gravity, rockets are proven not to work, and all space exploration thus far has been a hoax.
Wat?

a rocket's One Newton of force in your diagram is equivilent to a flat earth's 1000 newton  of force. checkmate.

« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2016, 06:23:41 PM »
Also how could rocket engines ignite when flying sideways into your so called "orbits"?
During staging when the rocket turns off and another engine turns on how could things ever ignite if the propellants are pulled downwards?
Things could never properly ignite with round earth.
All this is fake as hell and all space rocketry is hoax.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2016, 06:24:54 PM »
You're misinterpreting the law. What it means is if (AND ONLY IF!!!) the earth was round it would work. seeign as how the earth is a infinite flat plane of existence,  the flame curves inwards so it would work. Both scientists Kevin Welsh and Professor Derek Ehle proved this in their study against Newton's law. TL;DR: 3rd law is a HOAX

your debates are null. Round earth is false4

Please. Flame curves inwards because infinite plane of existence? Car engine works because it's parallel to Earth's center of mass??? Combustion in a chamber with a small hole for exhaust to escape creates an unbalanced force as the expanding exhaust is forced to move out of the hole. It's a really simple concept. And testable.

Pugs

« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2016, 06:28:23 PM »

Please. Flame curves inwards because infinite plane of existence? Car engine works because it's parallel to Earth's center of mass??? Combustion in a chamber with a small hole for exhaust to escape creates an unbalanced force as the expanding exhaust is forced to move out of the hole. It's a really simple concept. And testable.

How do you explain then why in "orbit" around the "round" earth you don't continue flying outwards forever if you burn fuel westwards? you're locked in the planet's orbit? contradictions? proves why flat eart is real

« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2016, 06:30:51 PM »

Yes but how would that work with a rocket taking off?

Go grab a lighter and turn it on, you notice the flame always going up no matter which way you orient the lighter. YOU CAN SEE THIS YOURSELF!
Now when a rocket is launching why does the flame suddenly point downwards if it normally always points upwards??

I bet NASA uses holograms that look like flames but upside down for those rockets because this stuff is in no way possible.

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:32:32 PM by gasfornuisje »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2016, 06:33:09 PM »
Yes, that mass would be burning propellant.

You mean the burning propellant that's creating the rocket's force in the first place?

So that force reacts against itself somehow?
No, the burning propellant reacts against the rocket engine.

Remember, the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

why would fire of the propellant make the rocket fly away??
does fire give some magic round-earth force that pushes it away?
when i light my fireplace it doesnt go and fly away into space so why would a rocket
this is stupid NASA hoax stuff how could anyone be so stupid to believe this
When fuel is burned it releases energy. As a result, the exhaust expands. Since the compution chamber doesn't change size, the pressure inside increases. This in turn forces out the exhaust faster than it would normally be forced out. And as we all know, Newton's 3rd law comes into play, the force that forces out the exhaust also has an equal and opposite force on the rocket. Thus the rocket moves.

But if you think I'm wrong, why don't you disprove car engines for us, Mr. Dumas.

Yeah, maybe next time think before you type.

because in this sense, Car engines work because they are parallel  to earth's center of mass. Rocket engines dont work because that must push against an infinite plane of Center of Mass so therefore, according to physics and gravity, rockets are proven not to work, and all space exploration thus far has been a hoax.
Wat?
Don't even bother.  It's just another troll invasion.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »
How do you explain then why in "orbit" around the "round" earth you don't continue flying outwards forever if you burn fuel westwards? you're locked in the planet's orbit? contradictions? proves why flat eart is real

You're barely coherent, and I feel that's being generous, but I am trying to understand what you are writing just the same. It seems you are confusing thrust with gravity. Whether the Earth is flat or round, thrust in a rocket engine works the same. Perhaps you wanted to post that in a thread about how gravity works?

Pugs

« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2016, 06:34:12 PM »

Go grab a lighter and turn it on, you notice the flame always going up no matter which way you orient the lighter. YOU CAN SEE THIS YOURSELF!
Now when a rocket is launching why does the flame suddenly point downwards if it normally always points upwards??

I bet NASA uses holograms that look like flames but upside down for those rockets because this stuff is in no way possible.

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

you can see the photoshop on the "rocket propulsion" image posed by gas. proves you all roundies are fake trolls.

Pugs

« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »

You're barely coherent, and I feel that's being generous, but I am trying to understand what you are writing just the same. It seems you are confusing thrust with gravity. Whether the Earth is flat or round, thrust in a rocket engine works the same. Perhaps you wanted to post that in a thread about how gravity works?

no, what I am saying is if round earth was really true, this is how physics would work. doesn't make sense? neither does round earth.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

It's well described with math... would that be getting a little too in-depth for you? Here's the equation with a pretty picture (ignore that evil NASA word on it. You won't.):

Tell me... what's the mass flow rate coming out of the lighter? And the velocity and area? Do you think those numbers are going to be small by comparison to a rocket??

Pugs

« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

It's well described with math... would that be getting a little too in-depth for you? Here's the equation with a pretty picture (ignore that evil NASA word on it. You won't.):

Tell me... what's the mass flow rate coming out of the lighter? And the velocity and area? Do you think those numbers are going to be small by comparison to a rocket??

why doesnt the fire go up in NASA's image? that's right, because it is FAKE

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2016, 06:40:54 PM »

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

Hint: It has to do with that velocity term

« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2016, 06:41:54 PM »

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

Oh I see now so the fire of the propellant burning is going out too quickly to ascend upwards?
So if the engine would run very slowly it would actually start going upwards?

Pugs

« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »

Lighter fire goes up:

Rocket fire goes down:

MAGIC!

Hint: It has to do with that velocity term

thrust is a propaganda construct of NASA, no proof there, try again.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2016, 06:50:49 PM »

Interesting. Because this George Cayley guy seems to get some credit for knowing a thing or two about thrust way before there was ever a NASA.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
3rd law is a HOAX

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction is a hoax?

Seems legit.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Pugs

« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2016, 06:53:35 PM »

Interesting. Because this George Cayley guy seems to get some credit for knowing a thing or two about thrust way before there was ever a NASA.

Actually, He was false, proven in a study Diego Lisboa. Diego proved thrust was an invalid construct due to the law of conservation of energy. How can the energy from a Inanimate Object be transferred into "Thrust"? that's right, you can't disprove this theory by world-renown Diego Lisboa

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2016, 06:55:22 PM »
How can the energy from a Inanimate Object be transferred into "Thrust"?

Combustion, for one.

Pugs

« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

Combustion, for one.
combustion is false too.  why doesn't a match shoot forwards whenever you light it? checkmate
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:59:14 PM by Pugs »

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2016, 07:03:37 PM »

Combustion, for one.
combustion is false too.  why doesn't a match shoot forwards whenever you light it? checkmate

Combustion is false? You win the internet, sir. Well done. You can collect your prize at the nearest corner of the flat Earth.

Pugs

« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »

Combustion, for one.

Combustion is false? You win the internet, sir. Well done. You can collect your prize at the nearest corner of the flat Earth.

seeing as how the earth plane is infinite, that is impossible to do, sir.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2016, 11:06:04 PM »
So a bird and a rocket fly the same way?

In terms of how Newton's 3rd is applied to them, yes.

They both create a force & that force then creates a force-pairing with the external mass of the atmosphere through which they fly, thus producing motion.

Newton's 3rd is one of his Laws of Motion btw, in case that helps.

You know, I could get you a day's work with the stonemasons if you want?

A bit of hard graft might get the blood flowing to your brain better...

Then perhaps you wouldn't have so much trouble understanding such elementary physical concepts?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2016, 01:10:31 AM »
What altitude does the rocket fail?
I'm anti-judaism.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2016, 01:23:30 AM »
They both create a force & that force then creates a force-pairing with the external mass of the atmosphere through which they fly, thus producing motion.

Really Papa? A rocket needs the mass of the atmosphere? Woow, you must be the real genius around here *giggle* *giggle* *chuckle* *chuckle*

Anyway, I haven't been here for a while. Why Papa doesn't post the Netwon's Third Law of Motion anymore? Did he reach 100 posts already?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2016, 01:50:50 AM »
What altitude does the rocket fail?

Well below the Karman Line at 100km.

Not even momentum will get it beyond that...

So no shpayze-shippz for you!

Don't fancy that day's labouring with the stonemasons then?

Not surprising; they'd rip the piss out of a prissy little dingbat like you all day long.

I haven't been here for a while.

Yes you have, just using a different sock-ID.

Why Papa doesn't post the Netwon's Third Law of Motion anymore?

What's the matter - you forgot it too?

Here you go then, alzheimers-face:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2016, 02:25:25 AM »
Aah, there it is. How many times have you posted this so far Papa? I lost track. Remember, 100 is the magic number ;)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2016, 05:38:26 AM »
Aah, there it is. How many times have you posted this so far Papa? I lost track. Remember, 100 is the magic number

Why, will it stop being true if I keep posting it you weirdo?

It is the topic of the thread after all.

Besides, whenever you disinfo-scum want me to stop doing something it's always best to keep it up...

Therefore:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

Toodle-pip, Losers!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #328 on: June 04, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »
Why does physics stop working in a vacuum?
Can the medicine ball skateboard experiment work in a vacuum?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2016, 05:00:54 PM »
The exhaust is object b
I'm anti-judaism.