Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2016, 05:43:19 AM »
Lol Saturn V don't exist?

Lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2016, 05:59:27 AM »
Lol Saturn V don't exist?
Lol
Maybe you can help "poor Papa". He's looking for Geoff and can't find him anywhere!

But, he says
Quote from: Poppy Leghorn
Think an Aeolipile would work in a vacuum too btw?
Because it should according to Geoff...
After all, it's a 'beautiful example of a reaction engine', isn't it?
So; first you start a fire (in a vacuum?) beneath your Aeolipile full of water (in a vacuum?)...
And there hasn't been a Geoff around here for 10 months or so - longer than I've been here.

But, I have looked at earlier posts and no-one ever said that "an Aeolipile would work in a vacuum too". Poppy's simply making that one up (he does that a lot!). I did find the "beautiful example of a reaction engine" bit, but nothing about working in a vacuum.
I thinks he's lost the plot completely now.
Don't know what we can do to put him out of his misery.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2016, 06:03:35 AM »
Nobody cares, Geoff; if the Aeolipile is a 'reaction engine' then it should work in a vacuum according to YOUR mad, drunken theories...

So just answer the questions:

Gases in vacuum freely expand in all directions, so that's what it should do. Again, so what? What's your point?

'Freely'...

Indeed.

'Freely' from what, precisely?

So; first you start a fire (in a vacuum?) beneath your Aeolipile full of water (in a vacuum?)...

Then?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2016, 06:19:04 AM »
Nobody cares, Geoff; if the Aeolipile is a 'reaction engine' then it should work in a vacuum according to YOUR mad, drunken theories...

Sorry markjo, there's no Geoff around here to answer.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2016, 06:22:06 AM »
Shoulda stuck with your fake poll & blind insistence that a rocket (singular noun) is somehow two separate objects...
Papa Legba is talking about rockets while everyone else is talking about rocket engines.

Papa Legba is too stupid to understand the difference between the two.

Cos you're straying into Thermodynamics territory now,

And Thermodynamics kills your silly fake 'shpayze-rokkitz' stone dead.
ROTFLMAO!!
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2016, 06:30:14 AM »
Nobody cares, Geoff/markjo/etc; if the Aeolipile is a 'reaction engine' then it should work in a vacuum according to YOUR mad, drunken theories...

Gases in vacuum freely expand in all directions, so that's what it should do. Again, so what? What's your point?

'Freely'...

Indeed.

Then?

Btw, it's 2.30pm in the UK, so God only knows what time it is in Oz...

Yet Geoff's still here ranting & raving like a mentalist.

Which seems totally normal behaviour, completely legit, etc...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »
Nobody cares, Geoff/markjo/etc;
Poor Papa Legba is so confused that he doesn't even know who he's ranting at anymore.

if the Aeolipile is a 'reaction engine' then it should work in a vacuum according to YOUR mad, drunken theories...
It should work just fine in theory, but it would be tough as a practical experiment.

Why don't you find yourself a large vacuum chamber and give it go?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »
Nobody cares, Geoff/markjo/etc;
Poor Papa Legba is so confused that he doesn't even know who he's ranting at anymore.

You are markjo & 'rabinoz' is Geoff; no confusion there.

No ranting, either; your piss-poor psychopathic mirroring & gaslighting is noted.

Further, you are both also many other sock-ID's here, yet you seem to believe no-one notices this, even though every net-savvy person on the planet is aware of the use of sock-armies to control forums & you barely change character between socks...

Why?

Because you are both old & mental.

It should work just fine in theory

Incorrect.

But if you add another sock-vote to your fake poll perhaps the laws of physics will change for you & make it so?

Anyhoo; carry on with your demented lying, shitposting & sock-ing...

What a grand life you have made for yourself, old man!

Semper Fi, eh?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »
The medicine ball skateboard experiment will clearly work in a vacuum. I'm nits ute why you think physics stops working in a vacuum.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »
No ranting, either;
Are you sure about that?

...your piss-poor psychopathic mirroring & gaslighting is noted.

Further, you are both also many other sock-ID's here, yet you seem to believe no-one notices this, even though every net-savvy person on the planet is aware of the use of sock-armies to control forums & you barely change character between socks...

Why?

Because you are both old & mental.

It should work just fine in theory

Incorrect.

But if you add another sock-vote to your fake poll perhaps the laws of physics will change for you & make it so?

Anyhoo; carry on with your demented lying, shitposting & sock-ing...

What a grand life you have made for yourself, old man!

Semper Fi, eh?
That sounds an awful lot like a rant to me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »
Being a congenital liar, it would.

Now answer the questions:

'Freely'...

Indeed.

Then?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2016, 06:24:51 PM »
Being a congenital liar, it would.
Being a psycho, it wouldn't.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
Wow thirty five... Papa you realise the chemical reaction takes place in the rocket engine and not in the vacuum right? The gas being pushed out and rocket being propelled is a by product.

Make a Vacuum chamber, do the coke bottle rocket experiment come back say sorry and I'll keep the ridicule to a minimum I promise.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2016, 05:33:14 AM »
Wow thirty five... Papa you realise the chemical reaction takes place in the rocket engine and not in the vacuum right?
No, he doesn't realize that.  As far as he's concerned, the propellant magically teleports from the fuel tank to the vacuum of space without any sort of interaction or force pairing with any part of the rocket engine.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2016, 06:38:52 AM »
I have no idea what you madmen are blathering on about now...

Something about a 'shpaayze-rokkkit enjynn' being a sealed unit, perhaps?

Whatever; here is Newton's 3rd Law for you to misinterpret some more:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

I understand the above perfectly.

Do you?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »
Object B is the exhaust.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08:56 AM »
Nope.

Read again:

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

Do you?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2016, 07:52:47 AM »
You do not understand the text. You think physics stops in a vacuum.  Could the medicine ball skateboard experiment be performed in a vacuum?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2016, 08:04:14 AM »
What you wrote has no connection with reality.

This does; you should read it:

Newton's Third Law

Do you?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »
Why are you so scared to answer such an easy question?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »
The wheels are object B...

Says the retard.

Newton's Third Law

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »
The wheels are object B...

Says the retard.

Newton's Third Law

Something from the source of that quote that Papa Legba obviously didn't bother reading:
2. For years, space travel was believed to be impossible because there was nothing that rockets could push off of in space in order to provide the propulsion necessary to accelerate. This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because ...

a. ... space is void of air so the rockets have nothing to push off of.

b. ... gravity is absent in space.

c. ... space is void of air and so there is no air resistance in space.

d. ... nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Answer: D

It is a common misconception that rockets are unable to accelerate in space. The fact is that rockets do accelerate. There is indeed nothing for rockets to push off of in space - at least nothing which is external to the rocket. But that's no problem for rockets. Rockets are able to accelerate due to the fact that they burn fuel and push the exhaust gases in a direction opposite the direction which they wish to accelerate.

A bit of advice, Papa Legba:  Make sure that your source actually supports your claim.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
It's not my source, dickhead; look who first posted it:

Newton's Third Law

Some forces result from contact interactions (normal, frictional, tensional, and applied forces are examples of contact forces) and other forces are the result of action-at-a-distance interactions (gravitational, electrical, and magnetic forces).

According to Newton, whenever objects A and B interact with each other, they exert forces upon each other. When you sit in your chair, your body exerts a downward force on the chair and the chair exerts an upward force on your body.

There are two forces resulting from this interaction - a force on the chair and a force on your body. These two forces are called action and reaction forces and are the subject of Newton's third law of motion. Formally stated, Newton's third law is:

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object. The direction of the force on the first object is opposite to the direction of the force on the second object. Forces always come in pairs - equal and opposite action-reaction force pairs.

As for this:

d. ... nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Oh - VERY scientific!

Let's put the Q&A together though - you know, for the lulz?

This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Even more scientific!

Oh, I'm sure you'll convince a lot of people with that, old man.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »
Why are you so scared to answer such an easy question?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2016, 06:36:05 PM »
It's not my source...
Yet you keep repeating it ad nauseam as if you agree with it.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »
Fair Call, I think everyone except Papa knew i was saying the rocket didn't need to push on anything external to itself, e.g the rocket pushing out exhaust in one direction to attain propulsion in the opposite direction, has nothing to do with pushing on our atmosphere.
I think everybody knew that you don't know wtf you're talking about.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
Fair Call, I think everyone except Papa knew i was saying the rocket didn't need to push on anything external to itself, e.g the rocket pushing out exhaust in one direction to attain propulsion in the opposite direction, has nothing to do with pushing on our atmosphere.
I think everybody knew that you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Hoppy do the coke bottle rocket experiment, you will need one coke bottle one bike pump one piece of cork and water.

Come back and apologize and I will keep the ridicule to a minimum.

If you believe physics breaks down in a vacuum, then please, perform the experiment in a vacuum chamber and come back with your results.

Edit you need to use scissors and a drill so make sure you ask mum or dad to help you.

Second edit.
If any of you FE's  have done this type of experiment, let us know..

Samuel Birley Rowbotham did.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za05.htm

Lady Bount did.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Lady+Bount+Trials

Bernard H. Watson did.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=English+Mechanic+Article

Mr Bishop, or anyone else.
 Have you ever preformed these experiment on your own?
 Do you believe the results that these people got? If so why?

I can't believe you FE's. Maybe I haven't lurked enough. It seems you just want to be on here debating moon shrimp, limes ,limes, etc. ,and other things you cannot prove one way or another.

So, you were saying?

Isn't this (rockets in a vacuum) easy to prove by experiment?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:55:25 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »
If you believe physics breaks down in a vacuum

No-one believes that.

We just know the correct way to apply physical laws to a vacuum.

Unlike you.

But if you want an example of 'broken down physics', read this:

This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

'Because nonsense!' 'They just do!'; sounds more like crude brainwashing than scientific language to me...

Now tie yourselves in disinfo-knots trying to justify it, eh?

We all need a laugh.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2016, 12:56:38 AM »
If you believe physics breaks down in a vacuum

No-one believes that.

We just know the correct way to apply physical laws to a vacuum.

Unlike you.

But if you want an example of 'broken down physics', read this:

'Because nonsense!' 'They just do!'; sounds more like crude brainwashing than scientific language to me...

Now tie yourselves in disinfo-knots trying to justify it, eh?

We all need a laugh.

So 7 pages of this and you still don't understand Newtons third law, well, I tried.

Edit, maybe copying and pasting it another 50 times will make it clearer ;-)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:01:15 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2016, 12:59:40 AM »
I'm done with this thread untill you do the coke bottle rocket experiment most primary school kids do.

Then we can argue about the effect a vacuum has on a rocket.

You have made it abundantly clear you do not understand how a rocket works anywhere.

All you want to do is derail threads and avoid questions, it's obvious you have no interest in propulsion or astronautical engineering.

I have better things to do than feed trolls. Unless you want to pay me 100 AUD an hour to feed you, then I'll consider it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:03:27 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.