Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2016, 03:28:23 AM »
U
the gas atoms have mass, therefore the throwing apple comparison was completely relevant, nice job dodging that one.
What, dodging it by telling you it violates the Gas Laws?
Which you already admitted btw...
.Anyhoo; you seem to be intent on derailing your own thread with mad bullshit & terrible false analogies about 'throwing solid masses of gas into a vacuum'...
Mini-Minion?
So now solid atoms have mass, but gas atoms are massless! This really is a new physics. Can we christen it Poppy Physics?

I am thinking of wonderful applications for this - these new Poppy Leghorn Rokkits store all their propellant in gaseous form (no mass, wow!) then solidify it and spew it out the back. Gee Poppy,  you should patent the idea!

Makes me wonder how these ion thrusters work? That seem pretty good at get getting from asteroid to asteroid.

And you're getting so literary with your alliterative "Mini-Minion", wouldn't "Marshmallow-Mini-Minion" be a wonderful description for that stuffing you use to fill where your brains leaked from.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2016, 03:33:38 AM »
I'm playing ball.

Quote from: wikipedia
Boyle's Law

For a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional.

Or Boyle's law is a gas law, stating that the pressure and volume of a gas have an inverse relationship, when temperature is held constant. If volume increases, then pressure decreases and vice versa, when temperature is held constant.

Therefore, when the volume is halved, the pressure is doubled; and if the volume is doubled, the pressure is halved.

Charles' law (also known as the law of volumes) is an experimental gas law that describes how gases tend to expand when heated. A modern statement of Charles' law is:

When the pressure on a sample of a dry gas is held constant, the Kelvin temperature and the volume will be directly related.

Please show me where you believe these laws are broken in rocketry.

Humour me I'm genuinely curious as to your opinion.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2016, 04:01:13 AM »

Well Boyle's Law states pretty clearly that a gas cannot even exist in a vacuum...

So that's pretty damning, no?

But there are other Gas Laws too; your shitty disinfo-post just avoided mentioning them...

Because disinfo, presumably.

Try Work=Pressure x Change in Volume & Force=Pressure x Area for example.

In an infinite vacuum such as space is claimed to be, Pressure can only ever be Zero; ergo Work & Force will also be Zero.

So; you have three Gas Laws to go with Newton's 3rd Law of motion, all of which your silly gas-powered 'shpayze-rokkitz' comprehensively violate.

*Yawn!*

Told you; you lose every time.

Now spam up an especially mad false analogy to waste our time some more, you Mongoloid.

Oh, & STFU Geoff.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #423 on: June 08, 2016, 05:14:46 AM »

Well Boyle's Law states pretty clearly that a gas cannot even exist in a vacuum...

There is one little problem! Space is not really a vacuum, there actually some particles there.
Quote from: Wikipedia
The density of matter in the interstellar medium can vary considerably: the average is around 106 particles per m3
That sure boils away your silly Boyle's Law argument.

Quote from: Papa Legba

In an infinite vacuum such as space is claimed to be, Pressure can only ever be Zero; ergo Work & Force will also be Zero.
You mean "an infinite vacuum such as" Papa Legba claims "space is".
But the exhaust gas pressure in the exhaust nozzle is not zero, therefore big pressure gradient, therefore big thrust. QED, Ad  Nauseum.

Now, almost everyone except renowned Spase Injineer Poppy Leghorn, knows rocket would work in a vacuum, but since space is not really a vacuum, even Spase Injineer Poppy Leghorn must admit that they might work in real space!

::) Papa Legba thinks that only one person lives in Australia and every one of them is called Geoff.  ::)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:22 AM »
So now space is not a vacuum?

Meh...

Oh look, from wikipedia: "Outer space has very low density & pressure & is the closest physical approximation to a perfect vacuum".

Seems you missed that bit; funny as it is the very first line of the section on 'outer space' in the entry on 'vacuum'.

Please stop lying, Geoff; you are doing yourself no favours here.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2016, 06:07:38 AM »
Sit down and take notes.

Why did the shill turn the other tap on too?

Work that one out & see the fraud.

(clue: water is an incompressible fluid).

He turned the other tap on because that's how those sprayers work you know, they need water.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2016, 06:11:16 AM »

But there are other Gas Laws too; your shitty disinfo-post just avoided mentioning them...

Because disinfo, presumably.

Try Work=Pressure x Change in Volume & Force=Pressure x Area for example.

So; you have three Gas Laws to go with Newton's 3rd Law of motion, all of which your silly gas-powered 'shpayze-rokkitz' comprehensively violate.

*Yawn!*

Told you; you lose every time.

Now spam up an especially mad false analogy to waste our time some more, you Mongoloid.

Oh, & STFU Geoff.
The force from a rocket is created when the exhaust leaves the rocket.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2016, 07:16:42 AM »

Why not?  A vacuum does not always refer to exactly zero air pressure.

If it did, then vacuum cleaner manufacturers have been lying to us for a very long time.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:58 AM »
He turned the other tap on because that's how those sprayers work you know, they need water.

How convenient for him...

And water is still an incompressible fluid.

If you can't understand that then just STFU.

On second thoughts just STFU anyway.

If it did, then vacuum cleaner manufacturers have been lying to us for a very long time.

So you're all going with shitting the place up with mad quibbling over the definition of a vacuum then?

Like 'outer space is not a vacuum but a hoover is'?

And of course, you've long derailed the topic from Newton's 3rd too.

If so I'd say we're done here...

And you've lost.

Again.

Toodle-pip, Losers; come back when you're ready to talk about this scientifically!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2016, 09:25:39 AM »

So you're all going with shitting the place up with mad quibbling over the definition of a vacuum then?

And you've lost.

Again.

Toodle-pip, Losers; come back when you're ready to talk about this scientifically!
Water being incompressible has nothing to do with what is seen. The video simply shows the water isn't pushing off the air.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »

Why not?  You've shit up lots of threads with less.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't say that.  I'm saying that a vacuum is not an absolute condition.  There are degrees of vacuum.

Does this mean that you're ready admit that an object can carry its own reaction mass?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #431 on: June 08, 2016, 12:25:33 PM »

Why not?  You've shit up lots of threads with less.

So you admit you're shitting up the thread with mad quibbling?

LOL!!!

There are degrees of vacuum.

And outer space is the highest degree of vacuum known to science.

Does this mean that you're ready admit that an object can carry its own reaction mass?

We back to the crossbow now?

Wtf is wrong with you?

Oh, & STFU sokarul.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2016, 06:43:42 PM »
There are degrees of vacuum.

Yes, but it's still not a perfect vacuum.

We back to the crossbow now?
I was thinking more like Satan on a skateboard throwing medicine balls at your head.

« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2016, 07:01:15 PM »

Outer space is close to an ideal vacuum, yet it is not actually one.  There's actually quite a bit of interstellar dust, etc floating around out there.  Its density is just very, very, VERY low.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

Oh, & STFU sokarul.
WTF is wrong with you? You think posting "STFU sokarul" will win an argument? All it means is you have nothing so you are running away. Why is it so hard to explain yourself? Well listen kid, if you make a claim, you better be prepared to back it up. Understand? I want you to say you understand.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #435 on: June 08, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »

And you've lost.

Again.

Water being incompressible has nothing to do with what is seen. The video simply shows the water isn't pushing off the air.

Water is compressible.
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #436 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:29 PM »

Oh, & STFU Geoff.

Maybe "Boyle's Law states pretty clearly that a gas cannot even exist in a" perfect "vacuum",
BUT all that means is that once we add some gas it is no longer a perfect vacuum! Big deal, we knew that already.

So maybe there can be no gas in a perfect vacuum, but since space does have some gas and is infinite (so you keep saying), so "space" can hold an infinite quantity of gas - because
(any finite quantity, no matter how small) x (infinity) = (infinity).
If you doubt this, just go brush up on you theory of "infinity"!

So stop this idiocy of not being ably to put gases into a vacuum.
For a start the sun ejects something like a million tons per second into your magic infinite vacuum of space. Where do you think that ends up?

Now that we have dealt with the trivia, how about the important stuff

Your still stuck on Geoff aren't you? Poor fellow, but you'll just have you face it - he isn't around any more.
I do think that you need urgent psychiatric help. I've heard that members Marciano and the Humble_Scientist[1] offer this for free (whether you ask for it or not) - I could refer you if you like, I am as well qualified as they are!

And, I have often wondered you meant by "STFU"  stood for.
Of course as all good researchers do, I "Googled it" and there were a lot of possibilities, but the most likely seemed fo be:
"Superior Tactical Fragging Unit" - a military term for a highly effective demolition team. And yep, these Globe supporters are doing a pretty good job on Poppy, so that's really a compliment coming from you!
Thanks
There was another possibility, but that as it was a trifle rude, and I knew that you would never stoop to that.

[1] Mind you, Humble_Scientist, is certainly neither humble nor a scientist, but don't let that deter you.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #437 on: June 08, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »
stop this idiocy of not being ably to put gases into a vacuum.

I never said that & you know it.

I said a gas can neither do work nor produce force in a vacuum, & that a finite amount of gas introduced into an infinite vacuum will effectively cease to be a gas.

I also provided the relevant gas laws to prove what I said is true.

Please stop Lying, Geoff.

Anyhoo; this debate is now over.

And I have won.

Again.

Toodle-pip, Losers!

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #438 on: June 08, 2016, 11:27:39 PM »
First off, I posted Boyle's and Charles gas laws not you, you've just bastardised them to suit your particular beliefs.

Answer me this, is gas made up of molecules? Do they have mass? What happens when mass is ejected one way from a rocket?

I look forward to your shitpost, also my poll suggests you haven't won the debate.

Rab I really like that superior tactical fragging unit I'm gonna use it haha.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #439 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
What happens when mass is ejected one way from a rocket?

Already answered, repeatedly.

Stop pretending it hasn't been.

You have lost the debate & are now just going to repeat yourselves like psychos.

Please read this for further elucidation, as thermodynamics is clearly beyond your comprehension:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #440 on: June 08, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »
So you agree mass (gas molecules) ejected one way from a rocket causes an "equal and opposie reaction?"

Awesome, looks like I won the debate then.

Common gas molecule weights.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/molecular-weight-gas-vapor-d_1156.html

I'm kind of sad it's over, honestly I had fun, thanks Papa Smurf.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #441 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:54 PM »
Also thermodynamics.

The First Law of Thermodynamics
The first law of thermodynamics, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. For example, turning on a light would seem to produce energy; however, it is electrical energy that is converted.

A way of expressing the first law of thermodynamics is that any change in the internal energy (∆E) of a system is given by the sum of the heat (q) that flows across its boundaries and the work (w) done on the system by the surroundings:

This law says that there are two kinds of processes, heat and work, that can lead to a change in the internal energy of a system. Since both heat and work can be measured and quantified, this is the same as saying that any change in the energy of a system must result in a corresponding change in the energy of the surroundings outside the system. In other words, energy cannot be created or destroyed. If heat flows into a system or the surroundings do work on it, the internal energy increases and the sign of q and w are positive. Conversely, heat flow out of the system or work done by the system (on the surroundings) will be at the expense of the internal energy, and q and w will therefore be negative.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics
The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system always increases. Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium—the state of maximum entropy of the system. More simply put: the entropy of the universe (the ultimate isolated system) only increases and never decreases.

A simple way to think of the second law of thermodynamics is that a room, if not cleaned and tidied, will invariably become more messy and disorderly with time - regardless of how careful one is to keep it clean. When the room is cleaned, its entropy decreases, but the effort to clean it has resulted in an increase in entropy outside the room that exceeds the entropy lost.

The Third Law of Thermodynamics
The third law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches absolute zero. The entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically zero, and in all cases is determined only by the number of different ground states it has. Specifically, the entropy of a pure crystalline substance (perfect order) at absolute zero temperature is zero. This statement holds true if the perfect crystal has only one state with minimum energy.

Source: Boundless. “The Three Laws of Thermodynamics.” Boundless Chemistry. Boundless, 02 Jun. 2016. Retrieved 09 Jun. 2016 from https://www.boundless.com/chemistry/textbooks/boundless-chemistry-textbook/thermodynamics-17/the-laws-of-thermodynamics-123/the-three-laws-of-thermodynamics-496-3601/

Please show where you believe these are violated in rocketry.
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #442 on: June 09, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
The fact that you just made two unnecessary posts in order to turn the page on your humiliation proves you are not here for honest 'debate'.

And I have already shown how the notion of a gas-powered rocket working in a vacuum violates thermodynamics with the formulae W=p*v & F=PA; again, you are simply pretending I have not.

I am bored with your obvious shilling & psychotic personality, so please read this then stop wasting my time:

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #443 on: June 09, 2016, 01:20:29 AM »
Consider the motion of rockets. The rocket engine pushes on the exhaust gas. The exhaust gas wants to expand in all directions but can not because the nozzle is in the way. So it pushes off the nozzle leaving the exhaust gas to go one way(backwards) and the rocket goes the other way (forwards). An action and reaction between two objects.

That was fun. Have more examples to consider?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:24:31 AM by MaNaeSWolf »
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2016, 01:25:35 AM »
How, specifically do you believe the rocket violates the laws of thermodynamics?

Your equations are inapplicable in this context.

Edit.
Also this
Consider the motion of rockets. The rocket engine pushes on the exhaust gas. The exhaust gas wants to expand in all directions but can not because the nozzle is in the way. So it pushes off the nozzle leaving the exhaust gas to go one way(backwards) and the rocket goes the other way (forwards). An action and reaction between two objects.

That was fun. Have more examples to consider?

Thanks Wolf
I'm anti-judaism.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #445 on: June 09, 2016, 01:48:01 AM »
You sick little freak; you don't even realise the Gas Laws are part of Thermodynamics do you?

You just keep shilling your witless pseudo-scientific nonsense without any thought whatsoever...

YOU HAVE LOST.

IT IS OVER.

Read this then STFU & GTFO:

Newton's Third Law

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #446 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:51 AM »
Are you getting angry because you're losing?

How does a rocket violate either the laws of gas or thermodynamics?

If you can't answer it's ok.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #447 on: June 09, 2016, 03:57:05 AM »
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #448 on: June 09, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »

You sick little freak; you don't even realise the Gas Laws are part of Thermodynamics do you?

You just keep shilling your witless pseudo-scientific nonsense without any thought whatsoever...

YOU HAVE LOST.

IT IS OVER.

Newton's Third Law

No point in arguing with you. I'm going to assume that you either agree with us that rockets work in space, or simply don't have anything valid to say in opposition. This debate is settled.

Uh... Wait, uh... I've lost the counting... Um... How many times have you posted this? It's not 100 yet, is it?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #449 on: June 09, 2016, 04:35:13 AM »
You shills have to get the last word in.

It's official protocol.

Enjoy having your time wasted.

YOU HAVE LOST.

IT IS OVER.

Newton's Third Law

No point in arguing with you. I'm going to assume that you either agree with us that rockets work in space, or simply don't have anything valid to say in opposition. This debate is settled.

YOU HAVE LOST.

IT IS OVER.

Newton's Third Law

Uh... Wait, uh... I've lost the counting... Um... How many times have you posted this? It's not 100 yet, is it?

Ooh, two at once!

Anyway, how much time do you think that wasted?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)