Moon and Street Lamp

• 11 Replies
Moon and Street Lamp
« on: July 19, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »
Curious. How does cool light on both the moon and street lamp act the same? They both have similar convergent rays back to their source, this is showing a close moon that isn't reflecting a sun light right?

Re: Moon and Street Lamp
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »
Curious. How does cool light on both the moon and street lamp act the same? They both have similar convergent rays back to their source, this is showing a close moon that isn't reflecting a sun light right?
In photography, the effect is done with a long exposure of a shutter.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
I took this last night on a smart phone with one snap shot. No long exposure or effects.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:33:44 AM »
I took this last night on a smart phone with one snap shot. No long exposure or effects.
1/15 at F/2.2 at 2000 ISO is good enough.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »
I have video of it too that isnt showing any effects or exposures. Youre saying the moon is reflecting 3 percent of the light from the sun?

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:33 AM »
I have video of it too that isnt showing any effects or exposures. Youre saying the moon is reflecting 3 percent of the light from the sun?
Video is captured at 1/60 shutter speed - too fast for the bloom effect.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
Are you trying to tell me the sun is reflecting off the moon at 3%? This is the suns light doing this?

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:42:39 PM »
Are you trying to tell me the sun is reflecting off the moon at 3%? This is the suns light doing this?
I have no idea where or how you're getting this 3% from. I'm giving snippets of how photography works.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
The Sun is supposedly hitting the moon and only reflects 3% of the light. Do you believe the light that's behaving this way coming off the moon is actually the Suns?

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 04:16:05 PM »
Or do you believe the moon is self illuminating

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »
I believe little critters called lunas illuminate the moon.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 08:48:00 AM »
The Sun is supposedly hitting the moon and only reflects 3% of the light. Do you believe the light that's behaving this way coming off the moon is actually the Suns?
The moon reflects the sun's light, yes.  With a decent camera the exposure, shutter speed, iso, and aperture can be adjusted to get completely different results.

I've never really messed with a smartphone camera, but I'm guessing there is auto-exposure that is adjusting for the dark setting, and is resulting in an over exposed moon and lamp.  Is there dirt or a fingerprint on the lens?  I could see that producing the "convergent rays" you obtained, or maybe that's normal for that camera design.