satellites

• 25 Replies
satellites
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:09:44 PM »
Hello FE Society.  I am new here and just recently was awakened from the globe earth lie. I'm curious about satellites. I on many occasions have starred at the night sky and seen many strange moving objects that I used to believe were just satellites. Although that never really sat well with me because these objects move at different speeds some incredibly fast and others not so fast and seem to follow no particular pattern. I have seen the satellites in one night move in all directions, north south, east west, south north, west east. I was always confused by this because I would think satellites would all move in the same direction with the rotation of the earth. But now I know the earth is flat and not spinning. So my question is what are these objects? or what are some fellow FErs theories on what these moving objects are? My prior believe because I was always skeptical about them being satellites was that they were UFOs or secret government drones that fly very high. I've gone away from my UFO beliefs since my FE awakening. Drones are still a possibility in my mind but I've seen over 20 of these "satellites" for lack of a better term in one night in just a few hours so that would be a lot of drones. Anyway I look forward to hearing from you. Please serious reply's only Thank You!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: satellites
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »
Those are probably what is known as airplanes.  ::)

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »
No jroa. Theses are clearly not airplanes. Airplanes do not fly this high!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 06:20:27 PM »
No jroa. Theses are clearly not airplanes. Airplanes do not fly this high!

Oh, I did not realize you had a laser rangefinder in order to determine the altitude of these blinky little lights that you see when you are stoned with your stoner buddies and looking at the sky.  Please, tell us more.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 06:32:11 PM »
First off. I don't do drugs. or even drink. Secondly who said anything about blinking lights? This is one of the reasons I know they are not airplanes because they have no blinking lights. Third you don't need a laser rangefinder to determine altitude of these objects. Its obvious that these objects are not planes. Do planes look like moving stars in the night sky? No they don't. A plane is obvious in the night sky. I'm pretty sure I respectfully asked for serious replies only so if you have nothing important to add or have any thought on my question then I would appreciate you troll some where else. I'm not interested in being insulted. Thank you

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
First off. I don't do drugs. or even drink. Secondly who said anything about blinking lights? This is one of the reasons I know they are not airplanes because they have no blinking lights. Third you don't need a laser rangefinder to determine altitude of these objects. Its obvious that these objects are not planes. Do planes look like moving stars in the night sky? No they don't. A plane is obvious in the night sky. I'm pretty sure I respectfully asked for serious replies only so if you have nothing important to add or have any thought on my question then I would appreciate you troll some where else. I'm not interested in being insulted. Thank you

I suppose that you are claiming that a pilot can not turn off the blinking lights and turn on the steady bright light on its belly, right?  Please tell us more about this fantasy world in which you live.  ::)

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
No jroa. Theses are clearly not airplanes. Airplanes do not fly this high!3

Oh, I did not realize you had a laser rangefinder in order to determine the altitude of these blinky little lights that you see when you are stoned with your stoner buddies and looking at the sky.  Please, tell us more.  ::)

Please keep it constructive and on topic.

He's on your side no need for the personal attacks.
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
We are all on one side: man kinds side.  Do make it out to be a football match in which we are out to get each other.  We are all seeking the truth, except for the shills and trolls who only come here to purposely spread lies. 

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »

We are all on one side: man kinds side.

Satanic principle, i agree, the gods of the lesser paths have fallen
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
I'm not claiming anything? I'm not really sure why your even replying to this thread? I do know that airplanes have many lights on them. Landing lights, Anti-Collision lights, position lights. Some blink some do not. I'm pretty sure pilots don't turn there lights off when in flight. They probably turn off the landing lights once they are at a certain altitude but I would highly doubt they turn off the other lights particularly the anti-collision lights which are red and located on the top and bottom of the aircraft and blink. They also have two that are located on each wing tip and blink but they are white and are typically what you see when you look up at night at planes as they are much brighter then the two red ones located on the top and bottom of the plane. Then there is the position lights which are red and green. Red is always on the left wing tip and green is obviously on the right. Both wings also have rear facing white position lights. Anyway my point is there are lots of lights on commercial aircraft. I'm not suggesting that pilots can not turn these lights off but I would imagine that turning these bright blinking anti-collision lights off during flight is a no-no and probably against some FAA regulations.  I'm not really sure where your going with your comments?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »
I'm not claiming anything? I'm not really sure why your even replying to this thread? I do know that airplanes have many lights on them. Landing lights, Anti-Collision lights, position lights. Some blink some do not. I'm pretty sure pilots don't turn there lights off when in flight. They probably turn off the landing lights once they are at a certain altitude but I would highly doubt they turn off the other lights particularly the anti-collision lights which are red and located on the top and bottom of the aircraft and blink. They also have two that are located on each wing tip and blink but they are white and are typically what you see when you look up at night at planes as they are much brighter then the two red ones located on the top and bottom of the plane. Then there is the position lights which are red and green. Red is always on the left wing tip and green is obviously on the right. Both wings also have rear facing white position lights. Anyway my point is there are lots of lights on commercial aircraft. I'm not suggesting that pilots can not turn these lights off but I would imagine that turning these bright blinking anti-collision lights off during flight is a no-no and probably against some FAA regulations.  I'm not really sure where your going with your comments?

If they are flying above commercial airplane altitude, then what difference does it make what lights they turn on or off?  How many planes do you think are cruising around at +50,000 feet? 

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 08:08:50 PM »
I don't think there are any planes flying at or over 50,000 feet? That's been the whole point of my question which you have obviously missed. Particularly commercial aircraft, as cruising altitude for commercial flights is around 35,000 feet with exception to Concorde which was around 60,000 but is irrelevant because they have been grounded for years. So back to my question, your answer is just simply that these objects that I can go outside and see right now flying well above 35,000 feet with no blinking lights moving at incredible speeds in all different directions that appear and look like stars moving across the sky are planes flying around well above normal altitude all of them with there lights shut off? Is That what your suggesting? I suppose if your suggesting these were military planes which as I understand can fly at around 50,000 or higher and would I'm guessing not have to abide by FAA regulations as far as anti-collision lights go? I don't really know but even still that brings up another question. What the heck are these planes doing up there? But I am not convinced that all these objects are planes. I have know idea though what they are? I almost positive they are not satellites, I'm 100% positive they are not commercial aircraft. So what the heck are they?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »
  • jroa doesn't do "respectfully"!
  • jroa doesn't do "serious replies"!
  • jroa really does "insults" very well! Which is of course against the rules, but being the "Custodian" (floor sweeper), he "interprets" the rules.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 08:18:13 PM »
I should add that when I have observed these objects they keep a steady course. North to south etc and I think I already said this but they move at different speeds some ungodly fast some not so fast. I have never seen them turn or alter there direction in any way. I'm not sure what that means exactly I just thought I would add that. This was one of the reasons why I never really thought they would be UFOs either as usually people who claim to see UFOs say they move and turn at high speeds that are impossible for known aircraft. So I'm not claiming that at all. But what do I know? maybe they are but I'm sure they are not satellites and are not commercial.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »
I don't think there are any planes flying at or over 50,000 feet? That's been the whole point of my question which you have obviously missed. Particularly commercial aircraft, as cruising altitude for commercial flights is around 35,000 feet with exception to Concorde which was around 60,000 but is irrelevant because they have been grounded for years. So back to my question, your answer is just simply that these objects that I can go outside and see right now flying well above 35,000 feet with no blinking lights moving at incredible speeds in all different directions that appear and look like stars moving across the sky are planes flying around well above normal altitude all of them with there lights shut off? Is That what your suggesting? I suppose if your suggesting these were military planes which as I understand can fly at around 50,000 or higher and would I'm guessing not have to abide by FAA regulations as far as anti-collision lights go? I don't really know but even still that brings up another question. What the heck are these planes doing up there? But I am not convinced that all these objects are planes. I have know idea though what they are? I almost positive they are not satellites, I'm 100% positive they are not commercial aircraft. So what the heck are they?

So, you admit that it is possible for a plane to fly above commercial air traffic, negating the need for approved lights.  You also claim to somehow be able to tell how high these dots are and what speed they are traveling, without giving us a clue about how you determine these figures.  But, I least I got you to admit that it was possible for planes to fly with a solid light under its belly. 

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
  • jroa really does "insults" very well! Which is of course against the rules, but being the "Custodian" (floor sweeper), he "interprets" the rules.

So I've noticed. That's a shame. I really was hoping to get some good feed back about this from fellow FEers but maybe I came to the wrong place?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
I should add that when I have observed these objects they keep a steady course. North to south etc and I think I already said this but they move at different speeds some ungodly fast some not so fast. I have never seen them turn or alter there direction in any way. I'm not sure what that means exactly I just thought I would add that. This was one of the reasons why I never really thought they would be UFOs either as usually people who claim to see UFOs say they move and turn at high speeds that are impossible for known aircraft. So I'm not claiming that at all. But what do I know? maybe they are but I'm sure they are not satellites and are not commercial.

That is odd.  The first time I tried to view the ISS, I looked up the date and time of the next viewing in my area.  It was something like, rise in NE, max height 35 degrees, set in NE.  I thought to my self, bull shit.  Sure enough, at the time and date specified by NASA, a little dot rose from the NE, went up for several seconds, and then went back down almost exactly where it rose from.  Perhaps you don't really look for satellites and have been making stuff up this whole entire time?  That would make sense, seeing as you think that satellites can be seen at any time of night flying at a course that takes then directly over your head.  ::)

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 08:49:46 PM »

So, you admit that it is possible for a plane to fly above commercial air traffic, negating the need for approved lights.  You also claim to somehow be able to tell how high these dots are and what speed they are traveling, without giving us a clue about how you determine these figures.  But, I least I got you to admit that it was possible for planes to fly with a solid light under its belly. 

That is odd.  The first time I tried to view the ISS, I looked up the date and time of the next viewing in my area.  It was something like, rise in NE, max height 35 degrees, set in NE.  I thought to my self, bull shit.  Sure enough, at the time and date specified by NASA, a little dot rose from the NE, went up for several seconds, and then went back down almost exactly where it rose from.  Perhaps you don't really look for satellites and have been making stuff up this whole entire time?  That would make sense, seeing as you think that satellites can be seen at any time of night flying at a course that takes then directly over your head.  ::)

No. I did not say that at all. Nor did I claim or mention that I knew what speed they were traveling. Nor did I admit to solid lights on a planes belly? Planes don't have a single solid light on there belly?  Are you going to contribute anything that's relevant or answer any of my questions?  Your right about one thing I don't look for satellites and I never said I did. I do however on occasion look at the night sky and when I do as I mentioned I have seen moving objects that look like stars that I once thought were satellites. Because that's what Nasa and everyone else said they were. So....... I'm not sure what else to say to you you clearly can not hold a conversation and just like to attack me and make ridiculous statements and ignore all my questions for whatever reason I have no idea so I'm done answering your questions. If you want to have a good back and fourth about what these objects may or may not be that would be great and I'd love to hear your thoughts but I'm not going to continue to play this game with you where you ignore my comments and continue to just attack me on some weird general ideas that you've made up in your head about me or what I believe or don't believe.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:52:00 PM by JeremyV »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »
You asked for the opinions of FE'ers as to what we thought they might be.  I gave you my opinion: perhaps airplanes.  You are the one who then refused to discuss this with me and turned it into a debate.  If you did not want to have a civil discussion, then perhaps you should not ask for people's opinions?  Maybe next time, you should specify that nobody can have an opinion that differs from yours?  That way, we don't expect to be able to have original thoughts for ourselves.  That would be great if you would just clarify that ahead of time.  Thanks. 

TheSchwa1337

• Confused quite honestly on the whole matter hand
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »

OP, I grappled with the same question last night as I spent quite a few hours outside from when the sun started to go down until about 12 at night. I found it perplexing that I saw 3 different satellites heading in different directions and asked many of the same questions you are asking right now. "What the fuck are those things?" I don't think I can give an informed answer since I'm on the same page you are right now concerning Satellites.

I have however, before I signed up for the Forum, lurked quite a bit and used the search engine in full. I looked through many Satellite related topics (such as the information we receive from them not being fake because you can download apps on your phone and some such and GPS satellites, which were refuted by FE's saying all GPS is fake ect. ect.)

I think the government is highly involved in such matters as they would have to be to pull of such a monumental feat. However, the technology is around right now to pull of such feats, and since we apparently started shooting space junk into the air on a monumental level, I think the technology has come far. So if the FE's do turn out to be right, I wouldn't be surprised if what we see are akin to some sort of high altitude aircraft. Its all in the realm of possibilities.

Ignore Jroa, I haven't seen him seriously attempt to answer many question. It seems his only goal it to boost his amount of times posted. That however, is just my best guess to his actual motivation here. rainboz is very wise in his/her regard to this matter.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:39:14 PM by TheSchwa1337 »
Quote from: Papa Legba on April 29, 2016, 01:15:13 PM

I've got top men working on babyhighspeed's potentially disastrous amazon voodoo detector recalibration issue right now...

Top... Men!

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
no actually you said. "Those are probably what is known as airplanes". which was a bit rude and implying that I'm some kind of idiot that has put absolutely no thought in this at all and don't know an airplane when I see one. Then in your next response you blatantly insulted me by calling me a drug addict not in so many words. All your post have been rude and condescending as if you think you have some moral high ground over me or your better then me
or something. I don't want to argue or debate. I would like to encourage you however if you have not already done this and if you live in an area that is rural and can see the night sky clearly to observe these objects for yourself and you will clearly see that these are not planes. At least commercial planes for sure. from your post I cant tell what side of the FE debate your on but I believe the earth is flat and the space program and satellites are a lie and am new to the FE so there's a lot I have to learn and a lot I need to unlearn that was just programing to brainwash me into believing that the earth is round.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »

OP, I grappled with the same question last night as I spent quite a few hours outside from when the sun started to go down until about 12 at night. I found it perplexing that I saw 3 different satellites heading in different directions and asked many of the same questions you are asking right now. "What the fuck are those things?" I don't think I can give an informed answer since I'm on the same page you are right now concerning Satellites.

I have however, before I signed up for the Forum, lurked quite a bit and used the search engine in full. I looked through many Satellite related topics (such as the information we receive from them not being fake because you can download apps on your phone and some such and GPS satellites, which were refuted by FE's saying all GPS is fake ect. ect.)

I think the government is highly involved in such matters as they would have to be to pull of such a monumental feat. However, the technology is around right now to pull of such feats, and since we apparently started shooting space junk into the air on a monumental level, I think the technology has come far. So if the FE's do turn out to be right, I wouldn't be surprised if what we see are akin to some sort of high altitude aircraft. Its all in the realm of possibilities.

Ignore Jroa, I haven't seen him seriously attempt to answer many question. It seems his only goal it to boost his amount of times posted. That however, is just my best guess to his actual motivation here. JeremyV is very wise in his regard to this matter.

Hey TheSchwa1337. Thanks

I Think you might be right and am inclined to agree with you. I can see them being some kind of secret high altitude military plane or a drone. but now that I think about it more could it really be a drone? Drones as far as I know like the global hawk are about 50 feet long from nose to tail and fly at very high altitude over 65,000 feet so why 50ft isn't small its not big either. I wonder if it would be visible at all? All these heights and measurements come from government sites as well so I'm sure there not truth full exactly either about altitude. I wonder if Global Hawks have lights on them? If they are indeed some kind of secret military planes I wonder what the hell they're doing up there? and why are there so many of them on any given night?

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2016, 10:52:16 PM »
Fraggle-stick car

As always jroa is providing quality insight, conversational skills, and truly adding to the topic at hand  ::)
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 02:33:50 PM »

Ignore Jroa, I haven't seen him seriously attempt to answer many question. It seems his only goal it to boost his amount of times posted. That however, is just my best guess to his actual motivation here. JeremyV is very wise in his regard to this matter.

Hey TheSchwa1337. Thanks

I Think you might be right and am inclined to agree with you. I can see them being some kind of secret high altitude military plane or a drone. but now that I think about it more could it really be a drone? Drones as far as I know like the global hawk are about 50 feet long from nose to tail and fly at very high altitude over 65,000 feet so why 50ft isn't small its not big either. I wonder if it would be visible at all? All these heights and measurements come from government sites as well so I'm sure there not truth full exactly either about altitude. I wonder if Global Hawks have lights on them? If they are indeed some kind of secret military planes I wonder what the hell they're doing up there? and why are there so many of them on any given night?
Definitely not drones, or any sort of atmospheric vehicle.  We have several databases of satellites and their orbital elements.  You can use these elements to track any satellite yourself.  These elements are not coordinates or anything that could be used for aircraft, but parameters for ellipses. 
This is one of the biggest proofs that the earth is round, and trumps any argument about horizon. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

TheSchwa1337

• Confused quite honestly on the whole matter hand
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 10:07:32 PM »
Definitely not drones, or any sort of atmospheric vehicle.  We have several databases of satellites and their orbital elements.  You can use these elements to track any satellite yourself.  These elements are not coordinates or anything that could be used for aircraft, but parameters for ellipses. 
This is one of the biggest proofs that the earth is round, and trumps any argument about horizon. 

Blue Moon, I do indeed acknowledge that these tools do exist, and that the data from them is indeed relevant, however, as a human race we seem to be pretty smart. Programming is something we have gotten rather good at, is it not also plausible that we've created a system in which this data is created and automatically sent out as to look and seem real and true to anyone reading. I've perused quite a few threads about satellite threads in search of answers, before I signed up for this Forum, where programming of the apps and the data that was sent was discussed. I'm not a FEr myself, I do however think the government lies, and with todays modern technology it wouldn't be far fetched at all to think that telemetry data is somehow faked from these satellites.

It is my belief that the governments of the world hold technology that is far beyond our comprehension even with all of our knowledge that modern humans hold. I understand your an avid believer and defender of NASA and I'm not attempting to debunk them or anything of that nature, just offering food for thought as it pertains to the thread. (I attempted to shorten quoting to to save space as to not litter the thread with tons of long quotes.)

Not attempting to start a flame war either as it pretains to NASA, again, just food for thought.
So, thoughts Blue Moon? I'm interested to hear back from you, as I'm not scientist. Just an average joe in search of answers. I've seen you post in many threads while searching before I signed up for the Forum as well, so I assume you know more about this subject than I. Partly why I brought it up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:21:21 PM by TheSchwa1337 »
Quote from: Papa Legba on April 29, 2016, 01:15:13 PM

I've got top men working on babyhighspeed's potentially disastrous amazon voodoo detector recalibration issue right now...

Top... Men!

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »

Blue Moon, I do indeed acknowledge that these tools do exist, and that the data from them is indeed relevant, however, as a human race we seem to be pretty smart. Programming is something we have gotten rather good at, is it not also plausible that we've created a system in which this data is created and automatically sent out as to look and seem real and true to anyone reading. I've perused quite a few threads about satellite threads in search of answers, before I signed up for this Forum, where programming of the apps and the data that was sent was discussed. I'm not a FEr myself, I do however think the government lies, and with todays modern technology it wouldn't be far fetched at all to think that telemetry data is somehow faked from these satellites.

It is my belief that the governments of the world hold technology that is far beyond our comprehension even with all of our knowledge that modern humans hold. I understand your an avid believer and defender of NASA and I'm not attempting to debunk them or anything of that nature, just offering food for thought as it pertains to the thread. (I attempted to shorten quoting to to save space as to not litter the thread with tons of long quotes.)

Not attempting to start a flame war either as it pretains to NASA, again, just food for thought.
So, thoughts Blue Moon? I'm interested to hear back from you, as I'm not scientist. Just an average joe in search of answers. I've seen you post in many threads while searching before I signed up for the Forum as well, so I assume you know more about this subject than I. Partly why I brought it up.

TheSchwa1337,
It's often good to take government-related matters with a grain of salt.  However, it's important to realize that aerospace is not done exclusively through the government.  There are accountability measures at every level.  Anyone who can pay and pass the review process can have a CubeSat launched, including my own university.  Every time there is a successful launch, at least one new satellite becomes trackable.  These satellites have names or designations, and their orbital elements are available to the public.  For example, customers are counting on Dish to provide satellite TV or internet, and Dish is counting on ULA or SpaceX or Orbital ATK or whatever other company they choose to get their multi-million dollar satellite to orbit without a hitch.  These launchers can also carry CubeSats as secondary payloads, bringing universities and other smaller entities into the loop.  This process is not secret; in fact, both SpaceX and ULA make their launcher user guides freely available to the public, like this and this, which I strongly encourage you to take a look at.  Not only does the public have free access to satellite data, but it also has the means to simulate that data.  NASA's General Mission Analysis Tool is a free program to optimize spacecraft trajectories throughout the solar system.  Sure, NASA keeps some secrets, mostly with regard to the payloads they launch for the Air Force.  However, we can still see and track those satellites; we just don't know exactly what they do.  The point I'm trying to make is that as a whole, the field of aerospace is extremely cohesive and transparent if you're willing to do some digging.  You're totally free to ask questions, and I would be happy to help you find answers. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them