• 132 Replies

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
Re: Can Black People be Racist?
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2016, 04:11:15 PM »
Quality thread.
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

TheBigYun

• By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2016, 09:23:18 AM »
Quality thread.

My Ding-a-ling, Whoopsee and Hey-up-old-son.
Just carrying on the tradition of other members.
If you don't like it - leave.....Bye......
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

TheBigYun

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Can Black People be Racist?

They can.

A black Kongolese who thinks pygmies are inferior to himself (very common), is a Racist in the same sense as a White Suprematist is a Racist.

Bit of a "short" explanation. Or maybe "reduce your font size" to suit your argument.

That's the douchebag style to say "I've got that"

Instead of a pathetic attempt at an insult - which by the way has been reported to the mods as disgusting especially from a so called "grown up," (let's see what happens?) - would you not like to give your thoughts on this :

"It therefore becomes redundant to say a black person is racist because while they can be bigoted and ignorant, they lack power."

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/can-black-people-be-racist

Try and act like an adult now and respond as one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:33:32 AM by TheBigYun »
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

TheBigYun

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2016, 09:59:09 AM »
"In a recent chat with a son of a farm owner, he mentioned how they would occasionally slap and beat workers who came to work hungover or drunk. Sure, they shouldn't be nursing a hangover when they're about to work, but this doesn't justify physical abuse. The farmer would also never fire his workers because they know how to work the land and take care of the cattle, which their families have been doing for generations. The land issue is a painful reminder to black and coloured people about what they have lost. "

http://www.news24.com/Columnists/FaatimahHendricks/your-white-privilege-is-not-a-myth-20160519

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2016, 10:42:41 AM »

"It therefore becomes redundant to say a black person is racist because while they can be bigoted and ignorant, they lack power."

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/can-black-people-be-racist

Why is possession of power a prerequisite for racism?  That means poor, disenfranchised people, of any color, are not racist even if they are a member of the kkk or the Black Panthers, for example?  It doesn't make a lick of sense, regardless of the semantic games and redefining the anti side of that debate presents.  She is literally blaming white people for racism, when it pops up in every society, likely without exception, in history.  What about chinese racism towards the japanese and vice versa?  I know the black position is different (somewhat) than that, but I can see no good reason why racism must be entrenched with a power structure.

The pro side of the debate, who you conveniently do not address, has a reasonable position: humans are humans and all engage in mostly the same behaviour, even if results differ.  Racism is a human behaviour.  Therefore all human are capable of racism, by and large.

How do you respond to the pro side in the debate you cite and how do you justify the assertion the con side made about the definition of racism?

Try and act like an adult now and respond as one.

A valid example of racism involving black people is cited and you respond with puns and no substance?  Take your own advice first.
[/quote]
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

TheBigYun

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
"Why is possession of power a prerequisite for racism?"

One question. Does "White Privilege" exist?
And is this not a source of power?
And if it is - then what?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »
"Why is possession of power a prerequisite for racism?"

One question. Does "White Privilege" exist?

Maybe, for some white people.

And is this not a source of power?

Yes it would be.

And if it is - then what?

...I don't know?  You don't answer my question and try to be pretentiously rhetorical instead?

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

TheBigYun

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 12:04:25 PM »
"...I don't know?  You don't answer my question and try to be pretentiously rhetorical instead?"

And the answer to your question which was: "Why is possession of power a prerequisite for racism?"

is:

"It is important to push for the understanding that racism is 'prejudice plus power' and therefore people of color cannot be racist against whites in the United States. People of color can be prejudiced against whites but clearly do not have the power as a group to enforce that prejudice."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:12:39 PM by TheBigYun »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:27 PM »
Can Black People be Racist?

They can.

A black Kongolese who thinks pygmies are inferior to himself (very common), is a Racist in the same sense as a White Suprematist is a Racist.

Bit of a "short" explanation. Or maybe "reduce your font size" to suit your argument.

That's the douchebag style to say "I've got that"

Not in Kongo, Captain Ignorant.  ???

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2016, 12:25:56 PM »
"...I don't know?  You don't answer my question and try to be pretentiously rhetorical instead?"

And the answer to your question which was: "Why is possession of power a prerequisite for racism?"

is:

"It is important to push for the understanding that racism is 'prejudice plus power' and therefore people of color cannot be racist against whites in the United States. People of color can be prejudiced against whites but clearly do not have the power as a group to enforce that prejudice."

This does not answer my question and comes close to being circular logic. 

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

is:

This does not answer my question and comes close to being circular logic.

No, he has a point there. Racial prejudice is different when it comes from the suppressor than when it comes from the suppressed. I am sure Native Americans were very "Racist" against the Whites when they were massacred by the US army.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2016, 09:06:03 PM »
What I am asking is why possession of power is a prerequisite for racism. You have already conceded that the Native American in your case is racist, you are just distinguishing between racism motivated by oppression and other types. I don't disagree with the distinction but it does not get us to a place where only those in power can be racist.

TheBigYun

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2016, 06:45:00 AM »
What I am asking is why possession of power is a prerequisite for racism. You have already conceded that the Native American in your case is racist, you are just distinguishing between racism motivated by oppression and other types. I don't disagree with the distinction but it does not get us to a place where only those in power can be racist.

FYI:

https://books.google.co.za/books?id=GUx2AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=is+possession+of+power+is+a+prerequisite+for+racism&source=bl&ots=or5Kx5Tese&sig=WKrXJ64vQHONQAeEY2WuqurMmWI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqnbO04-jMAhWSF8AKHY1tCmgQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=is%20possession%20of%20power%20is%20a%20prerequisite%20for%20racism&f=false

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2016, 08:57:26 AM »

FYI:

https://books.google.co.za/books?id=GUx2AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=is+possession+of+power+is+a+prerequisite+for+racism&source=bl&ots=or5Kx5Tese&sig=WKrXJ64vQHONQAeEY2WuqurMmWI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqnbO04-jMAhWSF8AKHY1tCmgQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=is%20possession%20of%20power%20is%20a%20prerequisite%20for%20racism&f=false

When I navigated to the page the text was scrambled.  Here is an idea: why don't you stop spamming links and actually use your own words to respond? 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2016, 09:01:56 AM »
Here is an idea: why don't you stop spamming links and actually use your own words to respond?

I noticed lots of people do that shit now, or they just post youtube videos...

THIS PROVES THE EARTH IS ROUND " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

They're so lazy.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

TheBigYun

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »
Here is an idea: why don't you stop spamming links and actually use your own words to respond?

They're so lazy.

And you have just posted a youtube video to prove a point that people are to lazy to use words but link to youtube videos.
You need help if you cannot understand what you just did.

TheBigYun

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:09 AM »

FYI:

When I navigated to the page the text was scrambled.  Here is an idea: why don't you stop spamming links and actually use your own words to respond? 

I only respond in words to people that matter in my life. You are just a little turd.

TheBigYun

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »
Now to get back on track since the two ***** have been dealt with and stomped on - let's consider this:

"I was stunned. Could Peter be right? Was I an Eskimo racist? Did I subconsciously feel as though Eskimos were inferior because they lived in igloos? Or because they feed their babies by spitting chewed up food into their mouths?"

https://justmakingconvo.com/2011/04/29/i-am-an-eskimo-racist/

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2016, 09:41:57 AM »
The earth is flat!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2016, 09:47:48 AM »

They're so lazy.

And you have just posted a youtube video to prove a point that people are to lazy to use words but link to youtube videos.
You need help if you cannot understand what you just did.

She was being sarcastic.

Now to get back on track since the two ***** have been dealt with and stomped on

lol, you have not made rebutted a single thing I have said, only called me poo-poo names.

- let's consider this:

"I was stunned. Could Peter be right? Was I an Eskimo racist? Did I subconsciously feel as though Eskimos were inferior because they lived in igloos? Or because they feed their babies by spitting chewed up food into their mouths?"

https://justmakingconvo.com/2011/04/29/i-am-an-eskimo-racist/

What is the point?  She is a very bad satirist, is all I can garner from that blog.

You should try and give some context to your links so we have an idea of what we are looking at.

The earth is flat!

S'truth

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
He's mad because he clicked the link.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »

I'm furious!  Did you see how ugly that blogger is?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2016, 09:51:58 AM »

STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME CLICK THE LINK  >:(

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »

You would also be the 1,000,000th visitor and receive a free iPad!

TheBigYun

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »

You would also be the 1,000,000th visitor and receive a free iPad!

I would say that you could probably be Space Cowgirls 1,000,001th customer as I cannot see you getting it without having to pay and she of course needs the money.

TheBigYun

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2016, 10:50:27 AM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
I ain't clicking your links, mofo.

TheBigYun

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:32 AM »
I ain't clicking your links, mofo.

But you wouldn't mind sucking them if I paid you.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2016, 11:52:51 AM »
Well... I don't know how to suck a url. Perhaps you could demonstrate.

TheBigYun

« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
Well... I don't know how to suck a url. Perhaps you could demonstrate.

I love it when a woman talks dirty.
Hey What's happened with your client Rama - or is busy arranging marriages?