Can Black People be Racist?

• 132 Replies

TheBigYun

• By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »

I don't think so after reading this article,

I get so upset at times having to watch my black brothers and sisters going to school and having to put up with all the statues, and buildings, and paintings, and nice houses, and cars and computers and planes overhead - albeit spraying whatever - and cars and books, and paintings - not on a cave wall by the way - and ......

http://www.pambazuka.org/governance/black-people-can%E2%80%99t-be-racist
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
Re: Can Black People be Racist?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »

I don't think so after reading this article,

I get so upset at times having to watch my black brothers and sisters going to school and having to put up with all the statues, and buildings, and paintings, and nice houses, and cars and computers and planes overhead - albeit spraying whatever - and cars and books, and paintings - not on a cave wall by the way - and ......

http://www.pambazuka.org/governance/black-people-can%E2%80%99t-be-racist

The article IS racist, and like the KKK, he is justifying his hate. His color is not what is important here, his racism and hate is.

And as long as people keep claiming victimhood because I'm (fill in the blank)____________ there will be racism.

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 03:27:57 PM »
Of course they can. I swear, this place gets dumber and dumber by the second. Geez...
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Round and Proud

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »
Of course they can. I swear, this place gets dumber and dumber by the second. Geez...

No argument there
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »

I blame the penguins.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »
Yes.  If white people can be racist, so can black people.  It's called Equal Opportunity.  If you don't believe in it, you're racist.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »

I blame the penguins.

So do I. Damn fowls.

TheBigYun

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
"In order for black people to be racist against white people, they would have to feel the need to conquer, colonise, dominate and enslave white people in the quest of proclaiming their superiority as black people.

They would further have to create standards of what constitutes beauty on the basis of their own skin colour and appearance and force such standards of beauty on white people.

They would have to create systems which enable only people of colour to benefit people economically, socially and on any other basis on an extremely large scale to the exclusion of white people, and subject white people to slavery for the next four hundred years.

For as long as black people cannot and will not do all the evil actions stated above, black people cannot be racist."

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Black-people-cant-be-racist-20141124
His arguments and logic are the worst that I have ever encountered….. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish and crawls inanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doo.

Round and Proud

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 03:51:38 AM »
"In order for black people to be racist against white people, they would have to feel the need to conquer, colonise, dominate and enslave white people in the quest of proclaiming their superiority as black people.

They would further have to create standards of what constitutes beauty on the basis of their own skin colour and appearance and force such standards of beauty on white people.

They would have to create systems which enable only people of colour to benefit people economically, socially and on any other basis on an extremely large scale to the exclusion of white people, and subject white people to slavery for the next four hundred years.

For as long as black people cannot and will not do all the evil actions stated above, black people cannot be racist."

RBSC

Come up out your mommy's basement and look round. 

Blacks took slaves and Blacks sold Blacks into slavery to non Blacks.

Black an Arabic Muslims Pirates took White slaves.

Black Americans held Black slaves

You have ignored it was White America that fought a bloody 4 year civil war to END slavery.

Racism is not about the color of the skin of the racist, it is about the hate in the heart of the racist.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:17:03 AM by Round and Proud »

Kali

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
Here's some slavery fun facts:
  • Chattel slavery existed in African societies long before Europeans ever landed on the West African coastline.
  • Slavery was made possible and primarily driven by African natives, who sold prisoners of war and conquered peoples to coastal traders who nearly never ventured into the continent itself.
  • Arabs traded in African slaves long before and long after Europeans, and enslaved at least as many slaves as were sold in the Atlantic trade.
  • Arabs didn't only enslave Africans, however, they were responsible for the enslavement of over 1 million white Europeans at the most conservative estimate.
  • The Netherlands, and specifically Dutch Jewish merchants, were responsible for the transport and final sale of over 80% of all African slaves.
  • Only 4% of slaves were shipped to North America, and an even smaller percentage to the United States; the overwhelming majority went to Brazil and Haiti.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »

Dang, and here I've been hearing that for a white person to be racist they only have to not vote for someone or complain about their taxes being too high.

Well, if you look around a bit, there are plenty of blacks advocating the "thinning of the white populations" to put it mildly, (look on youtube), plenty of racially motivated physical attacks on whites by blacks, African countries with presidents running campaign slogans of "kill whitey" and seizing white owned land (Jacob Zuma), and probably more examples I haven't mentioned.

So sure, black people can be racist.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:31:02 PM by 29silhouette »

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »

Bull. Shit.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 04:32:27 PM »
Here's some slavery fun facts:

Did you know the first known official slave owner in the U.S. was black?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 05:27:27 PM »
Please, stop being racist to my people.  Thanks. 

TheBigYun

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 11:15:39 PM »
There was a question on Quora, and this person's comment on the question shows how he views the racism subject from a different perspective.

Why do some whites feel the need to be racist if they were never physically affected by slavery?

The stigma is from a white view in a white majority country, and that is what they are suppose to do.  Whites are SUPPOSE to be racist, just like Koreans, Japanese and every other successful country worth a damn is racist.  Philippines thinks everyone is equal so they are poor and broke.  China is communist and thinks everyone is equal so its 3rd world poor.  Japan is racist as hell so it is rich.  That is what you are suppose to do, you are suppose to prefer your own race.  Black race people are the only one's naive enough to complain about other races not liking them.  I grew up around many blacks so I understand this.  But no other race has these weird views except blacks.

Blacks are the only group who believe in equality everyone else believes in supremacy.  And your stigma is not from having black skin but from your conditions as a group.  Its only you black people who think of people as individuals, everyone else views the world in groups.  Japanese people get respected all over the world even where Chinese are hated because Japan has money and power.  Black people in neither Africa nor the Caribbean have a major nation of 50+ million people that has world power like a japan or a Germany or uk does. 

So people do not respect you.   Black Americans spend their 98% of their money on non-blacks.  They put the other 1.5% of their income in white banks.  Black America has 1.5 trillion in spending power yet only 40 billion in black banks.  You put all your money into white banks, spend all your money on white business, then wonder why whites don't lend you money?  Why should they?  If blacks don't even want to put their money in a black bank why should whites want to lend money to blacks?  Its foolishness.  You don't even believe in yourselves.  Chinese people put their money in the Chinese bank.

So they don't respect you.  You spend your money to Korean and Arab run stores even when they insult and mock and disrespect you, so why should anyone respect you when you are going to give them money anyways.  I wouldn't, would you respect some Korean kid who came to your store if you could treat him like dirt and he'd spend even more money to prove how good he is.

And the Korean and Arabs won't buy from blacks either, so you really shouldn't be spending on them, but that would require common sense.

Black American people are the only people who will complain that white people won't let them buy from their stores.  Has it ever occurred if you open your own store, you wouldn't have to deal with white people harassing you?

That is why the Chinese have a china town, the Jews have a Jew town, the Italians have little Italy, the Arabs have an Arab town, the poles have poletown and so on and so forth. 

And your degree has nothing to do with your esteem or your attitude, I meet lots of women with lots of degrees with bad attitudes, and ps most of these women are white.

In fact I often find an inverse relation between female education and good attitude.  More education the more of a feminist and more combative and mean and virulent the woman will be, less education tend to be easy going and fun. 

Again if all the other races don't like you, stop trying to be around and integrate with them.  All you do is make yourself weaker and open to attack more anyhow.   Your comments make no sense, if non-blacks dislike blacks.  Why are you even trying to date them?  Why are you trying to be around them?  This is why no one respects you black people as a group is because instead of building your own communities you try to come into other communities. 

You see this is why white flight exist.  We know once we are in the minority we are going to be hurt so we all leave, we don't want to spend our white money to Koreans and Arabs.  Only blacks do this.

If others are racist to you, good, maybe it will give you the motivation to actually build your own things.  Then you can be racist to who you want and turn the tables.  are you really dumb enough to think anyone else is going to give up their advantage.  Racism is an advantage.  It creates a floor.  Racism says that even if a white woman is uglier than you she will get better things because the white community controls the assets and the money.  What incentive do whites have to change that.  You are literally trying to convince white people to hate money.  Which is absolutely stupid to anyone with a brain.

Racism towards blacks is not because of skin, it is because of money.  Blacks own nothing, so everyone can disrespect you and not fear anything.  Blacks are the weakest most powerless group on the planet.  Who cares if you have "Spending power"  you are going to spend all your money on non-black businesses anyways so its not like you are keeping any of it.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:28 PM »
"Blacks are the only group who believe in equality everyone else believes in supremacy."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! No. Just no.

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »
But hey, good job on pretending to be utterly stupid. Keep at it, and you might even give Papa Retart a run for his money.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 12:50:47 AM »
But hey, good job on pretending to be utterly stupid. Keep at it, and you might even give Papa Retart a run for his money.

Good job on using the word 'pretending' & mentioning me in nearly every goddamn post you & your sock-brigade write, psycho-stalker.

Plus, this thread sucks.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:38 AM »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 01:22:13 AM »
Don't you mean I 'pretend to suck', Mini-Me?

You seem to have lost track of exactly where you're going with your gaslighting, psychopathic mirroring & general shill-stalking nonsense.

Disappointing stuff, frankly.

But then again, you do admit you are drunk...

Good thing your mom loves you, though; she'll make it all better, I imagine?

Toodle-pip, Satan's little helper!

Round and Proud

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 04:34:32 AM »
Blacks are the only group who believe in equality everyone else believes in supremacy.  And your stigma is not from having black skin but from your conditions as a group.  Its only you black people who think of people as individuals, everyone else views the world in groups.  Japanese people get respected all over the world even where Chinese are hated because Japan has money and power.  Black people in neither Africa nor the Caribbean have a major nation of 50+ million people that has world power like a japan or a Germany or uk does. 

You're RBSC 

TheBigYun

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:43 AM »

You're RBSC

So - would you like fries with that comment?

TheBigYun

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 07:57:30 AM »
"I, an ethnic minority woman, cannot be racist or sexist towards white men, because racism and sexism describes structures of privilege based on race and gender.
And therefore women of colour and minority genders cannot be racist or sexist because we do not stand to benefit from such a system."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32727016/i-cant-be-racist-if-im-from-an-ethnic-minority-discuss

TheBigYun

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 08:00:23 AM »

Good job on using the word 'pretending' & mentioning me in nearly every goddamn post you & your sock-brigade write, psycho-stalker.

Plus, this thread sucks.

I pray for you:

Prayer 101: How to Pray in Haitian Vodou

We're all familiar with the concept of prayer. We pray to God, we pray for ourselves and for our friends and family. But how many people are really familiar with how we pray in Vodou? I think it's safe to say that we pray the way we were raised to. Catholics will go to the rosary or to traditional prayers. Others might have just been taught to go down on their knees and talk to God like a friend. People who grew up with Haitian Vodou know how to pray to Bondye, the ancestors and the lwa because they have grown up in a Vodou community and with a Vodou mindset. But here it is, broken down into basics for those of us who didn't.

The first thing you need to do is to grab a white candle and a cup or glass of water. This can be a tealight candle or a little emergency or Shabbat candle, doesn't need to be big and fancy. Likewise with the glass or cup. Use a simple glass or a white enamel cup. This shouldn't be something you drink out of, though. It should be a cup or glass reserved for use in prayer or working with the spirits.

Now you're ready to begin. Because Haitian Vodou incorporates Catholicism into its practices, and because we begin everything with God, we start by saying one Our Father, three Hail Marys and an Apostles' Creed. You need to pour out three drops of water from your cup when you do this: one to the right, one to the left, and one in the centre. Just in a straight line in front of the candle. This is giving the spirits water, and also inviting them to move through the water and hear your prayers.

To pray to the lwa, you first call upon Papa Legba to open the way for you. Then you can pray to the lwa you need to pray to, or to all the lwa who walk with you. If you are praying to your Met Tet, you don't need to call on Legba first, as you have access to that lwa at all times anyway. It is extremely important to call upon Papa Legba first, otherwise your prayer will not reach the ears you intended it for. Papa Legba opens the gate between you and the lwa. Without asking him to open the way for you, your prayer will be like having a conversation through a locked and soundproof door. You need that way open for you, and for your prayers.

It is important in Vodou to pray from your heart. You don't filter what's in your heart before it goes out your mouth. You pray with honesty. You say exactly what you need to say, and you lay out exactly how you feel. You don't lie when you pray, you don't sugar coat things, you don't try to justify what you want or need. You just lay it out there as plainly and as honestly as possible, and you pray with feeling. You pray with all of yourself, and you concentrate upon your prayer 100%. You don't stop and wonder what to have for dinner halfway through. You don't blank your mind like you're meditating. You focus all of your intention on your prayer, like it is the most important thing you have ever said or will ever say. Concentrate fully, pray honestly, and do it with feeling.

There is a cultural reticence in the West to pray for material gain, or to pray for something for yourself. In Vodou, there is none of that. If you need $200, you pray for it because you need it. You don't have to pray for world peace and understanding between all races and faiths. Plenty of people are doing that already, and world peace isn't going to be of any use to you if you can't pay the electricity bill. You can be practical in your prayer. You ask for what you need, because if you don't ask you won't get. Pray for what's important to you; whether that is clarity, money, control of your temper, or even that your tomato plant grows lots of big juicy tomatoes. If it's from the heart and important to you, pray for it.

Now, we often want to pray for others when they are in a bad situation, if they are sick or just in need of prayer. So here's how we do it in Vodou, because it's a little more complicated.

If you're praying for someone in your family, you pray to your common ancestors. Pray to the spirits of your mother's side and of your father's side, and pray to them for what your family member needs. If you're praying for someone who shares an initiatory lineage with you, you can pray to the ancestral spirits of your shared lineage on their behalf. If, however, you don't share common ancestry (blood or initiatory), you can still pray to your ancestors. Call upon your ancestors, and ask them to work with their ancestors. They're all in the same place,and they can interact.

To pray for someone else when praying to the lwa gets a little more complicated, but still not too difficult. If you know that you and the person you are praying for have a lwa in common who walks with you both, you can pray to that lwa on their behalf. If not, and you know your Met Tet, you can ask your Met Tet to intercede with the spirits who walk with that person and pray that way. If you just don't know, call the lwa and ask them to deal with that person's lwa. Someone will hear and pass the message on.

To break it down to basics, there is plenty that doesn't change, whether you pray for yourself or for another. The candle and water are fundamental. You always have them. Then your Catholic prayers: Our Father, Hail Mary x 3, Apostles' Creed. Pour your water. Ask Legba to open the way if you're praying to the lwa. Then, whoever you are praying to or for, pray honestly, concentrate fully and shoot straight from the heart and you won't go wrong.

Ayibobo.

Round and Proud

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 08:51:50 AM »

You're RBSC

Do you even know what RBSC means?

Rabid Bat Shit Crazy.

Anyone who thinks only White people are racists are RBSC AND racist

TheBigYun

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 09:16:46 AM »

You're RBSC

Rabid Bat Shit Crazy.

Why are you getting so upset?
Is it because I may be black?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »

TheBigYun

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »
I pray for you

I reject you.

I thought you didn't believe in abortion as your religion does not allow it - but now you go and have one.
Anyway, now you can go back to bleeding though your mouth once a month - as per normal.

TheBigYun

Round and Proud

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »

You're RBSC

Rabid Bat Shit Crazy.

Why are you getting so upset?
Is it because I may be black?

Black, white, red, yellow has nothing to do with it your being nuts. BTW I've had my DNA done so I can trace my family. Have you?