If the earth is flat then how can night and day happen?

• 22 Replies
If the earth is flat then how can night and day happen?
« on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:05 AM »
If the earth is flat then how can night and day exist?

Re: If the earth is flat then how can night and day happen?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
The most common answer they give is that the earth acts as a spotlight moving around the earth lighting different parts at a time.
Which as anyone with any level of intelligence will immediately understand that it would still be impossible for any area of the flat earth to be without Sun with nothing blocking the sun

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:41:18 PM »
When someone says "spotlight", people generally think it is cone shaped. This is a deception. The "spotlight" looks like this and changes day to day:

The question is, how can the "spotlight" be a very (perfect?) straight line on the equinox from the N.Pole to S.Pole or produce an "anti-spotlight" in December?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:42:43 PM »
Exactly it would be impossible unless something is designed to block a portion of the sun at all times or the sun only gave out light in one specific direction which hardly seems logical or possible. Maybe the sun is flat too! Or maybe it's a big mirror! And the actual Sun we've never seen! Maybe it's a man made light design by the government!  Oh my god!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
The sun could totally be flat, and a mirror.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »

Seems legit

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:00 PM »
Oh BTW, since the Moon, planets and quite a few of the stars travel in the same area of the sky that the Sun does, the ecliptic, the "spotlight" effect has to effect them as well or everyone everywhere on Earth would see them all the time (which is why the "spotlight" effect was created in the first place). It therefore has to be an atmospheric (atmoplanic?) phenomenon.

You simply can't put some sort of shield/blocker around EVERYTHING in the sky (Sun, Moon, planets, stars (billions), nebulas (irregular shapes), galaxies (billions), comets, asteroids, etc.). So how does this effect form around EVERYTHING?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »
It could also be made of cheese...

The problem is that we have lots of people studying the Sun and taking pictures. They look at it in different wavelengths of light and track/count sunspots. As the surface is changing on a DISK, how does it do that exactly without "tearing"? Get a round table with a round tablecloth. With two points pinned (the poles - N/S), try to change its surface (E/W).

A mirror some 3000 mi up and ~32 mi in diameter reflecting what exactly so it lights up 1/2 the Earth?

Two things:
1) This is just another example of ad hoc explantions that FE has for everything that cause more problems than they solve.
2) One thing I find extremely funny - the effort and imagination of FEers to make a flat surface look and act like a sphere instead of just accepting the Earth as spherical.

BTW, once you figure out whether it is flat or a mirror, you can explain how on the equinox, when the Sun is above the equator, everyone sees sunrise due EAST when it is 1/4 of the Earth away NE. Some say they see it SOUTH EAST of them. How can a sunrise be SOUTH of anyone on Earth?

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »

You simply can't put some sort of shield/blocker around EVERYTHING in the sky (Sun, Moon, planets, stars (billions), nebulas (irregular shapes), galaxies (billions), comets, asteroids, etc.). So how does this effect form around EVERYTHING?

The Sun is a disco ball controlled by a super computer.  Duh!

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »
Not a single flat earther has answered any of the questions yet, so I want to add to their confusion here.
  • Why does the sun act like a spotlight? A glowing body should radiate it's light to all direction. If you want it to act like a spotlight, what is blocking the rest of the light?
  • What is keeping the sun to stay up there and not falling to the earth?
If you ask these kind of questions to round earthers, we can answer them pretty easily and without having to dodge the question or changing the topic. That's because we know the truth and we are not shills.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:30:36 PM by hello_there »

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »
Come on people, you are over thinking this.  God works in mysterious ways, and the whole system was set up in only 6 days.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 12:40:13 AM »

Oh, is that why we always see it face on, no matter the time? And why it's been shown to rotate?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
Not a single flat earther has answered any of the questions yet, so I want to add to their confusion here.
  • Why does the sun act like a spotlight? A glowing body should radiate it's light to all direction. If you want it to act like a spotlight, what is blocking the rest of the light?
If you ask these kind of questions to round earthers, we can answer them pretty easily and without having to dodge the question or changing the topic. That's because we know the truth and we are not shills.
1. Perhaps a parabolic reflective lampshade?
2. With a 3000-mile intangible lamppost, on an amphibious intangible scooter.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 09:23:22 AM »
1. Perhaps a parabolic reflective lampshade?
2. With a 3000-mile intangible lamppost, on an amphibious intangible scooter.

• That was actually what came across my mind by the time I preview my post  ;D
  • Well, If I were to create a FE themed cartoon, that would be a gread idea

Still waiting for answers from the FEers. Where are you guys anyway? Don't let NewtSmooth answer those questions for you. Regarding your interests, he's not really good at it  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
Well said!

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
Still waiting for answers from the FEers. Where are you guys anyway? Don't let NewtSmooth answer those questions for you. Regarding your interests, he's not really good at it  ;D ;D ;D
Is anyone any good at it? :P ::)
Wow, great non-response
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »

Oh, is that why we always see it face on, no matter the time? And why it's been shown to rotate?

Personally I cannot see the sun at all from about 8pm until some godawful time in the morning.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
Personally I cannot see the sun at all from about 8pm until some godawful time in the morning.
Rotation =/= revolution
They're separate concepts, though both are observable facts of nature.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_rotation
Wow, great non-response

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 06:24:45 PM »

You have no idea if we see it face on all the time or if it rotates.  Did you make a spacy moon mission yourself?  No?  Are you just making assumptions about what you have been indoctrinated to believe?  Yes? 

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
[/quote]

That raises a good point, how come Antarctica can have day light months at a time? If the sun(spotlight) moves around the disk surly that would not be possible.

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 02:48:00 AM »
The sun lights up the whole planet at that time of year, and the moon acts as a antispotlight to make someplaces dark.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »
The sun lights up the whole planet at that time of year, and the moon acts as a antispotlight to make some places dark.

I find that "antispotlight" comment funny because where the Sun travels in the sky, the Moon, planets, numerous stars, nebulas, galaxies travel as well - the ecliptic. ALL of them must exhibit a "spotlight" effect like the one above or they would be seen by everyone everywhere all the time (which is why the "spotlight" effect was invented in the first place). So no, the Moon does not exhibit an "antispotlight" effect.

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
Antispotlight? as in the moon blocking the sun?
-Why would that not appear as a eclipse at all times that were supposed to be night?
-And how does the moon cast such a specify not round and constantly changing shadow?
-So the sun is lighting up the whole earth at once, and the moon is creating the night areas?
-How would someone in the moons shadow (anywhere there was night) see light reflected off the moon since they would always be on the shaded side of it?

This sounds like a lot of work to explain what spherical bodies can be demonstrated to do with a light bulb, globe, and golf ball to represent the moon. There is probably a youtube video of this demonstration for elementary school teachers to use as a guide.