Dinosaurs: Made In China

• 1009 Replies

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Re: Dinosaurs: Made In China
« Reply #900 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:35 AM »
I think you treatment is patently incorrect. I don't have to agree with every single thing Sagan said to quote him on a particular topic. That is a ludicrous position to hold.

Also, I have no distrust of authority in general. I distrust those authorities whom have lost my trust.
Its not a bad thing to have a level of skepticism towards everyone all the time. However there is a big difference between being skeptical, and actually looking for the truth vs just dismissing someone because you dont agree.
And if you are not reading their material, and going through it with a fine comb, then you are not being skeptical, you are being dismissive.

You are painting with a broad brush when a fine point is needed. But hey, actually representing things accurately; screw that, it sounds hard amirite?

They'd have little trouble finding support for the fact scientists are evil, stupid, or both.

Your a fine one to talk about apply a broad brush. Maybe take your own advice.

To the other posts, when I'm absent here its not because of some reasoning that is apparently self-centric to yourself; I have a life. Most times this thread has not had my presence, it has had plenty of active posts before me leaving.

Of course, I wouldn't think these globularists would actually care to look at the facts of the matter. They seem to like to drive their narrative off supposedly foregone conclusion.
How about you posts citations to some wild claims you make before you talk about facts.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #901 on: February 29, 2020, 01:10:42 AM »
In Edmonton, there once was a dinosaur dig exposition on the side of a hill by the river, Right by the "convention center" that has large underground  rooms for concerts/ festival, its kindof neat "the festival of trees" at christmas you can go wander around and (buy stuff?). Any way, they discovered the veloceraptor at this place, i believe. Now, it is a chinese garden, and they have redirected the subway to come out of the ground and cross the river right hear. this is south by several blocks from the china town.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #902 on: February 29, 2020, 01:32:59 AM »
I think you treatment is patently incorrect. I don't have to agree with every single thing Sagan said to quote him on a particular topic. That is a ludicrous position to hold.

Also, I have no distrust of authority in general. I distrust those authorities whom have lost my trust.
Its not a bad thing to have a level of skepticism towards everyone all the time. However there is a big difference between being skeptical, and actually looking for the truth vs just dismissing someone because you dont agree.
And if you are not reading their material, and going through it with a fine comb, then you are not being skeptical, you are being dismissive.

You are painting with a broad brush when a fine point is needed. But hey, actually representing things accurately; screw that, it sounds hard amirite?

They'd have little trouble finding support for the fact scientists are evil, stupid, or both.

Your a fine one to talk about apply a broad brush. Maybe take your own advice.

To the other posts, when I'm absent here its not because of some reasoning that is apparently self-centric to yourself; I have a life. Most times this thread has not had my presence, it has had plenty of active posts before me leaving.

Of course, I wouldn't think these globularists would actually care to look at the facts of the matter. They seem to like to drive their narrative off supposedly foregone conclusion.
How about you posts citations to some wild claims you make before you talk about facts.
My brush happens to be as large as it needs to be. I cite well enough, yet why cite from the establishment that is holding all of us down.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #903 on: February 29, 2020, 01:33:27 AM »
In Edmonton, there once was a dinosaur dig exposition on the side of a hill by the river, Right by the "convention center" that has large underground  rooms for concerts/ festival, its kindof neat "the festival of trees" at christmas you can go wander around and (buy stuff?). Any way, they discovered the veloceraptor at this place, i believe. Now, it is a chinese garden, and they have redirected the subway to come out of the ground and cross the river right hear. this is south by several blocks from the china town.
Tell us more.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #904 on: February 29, 2020, 03:43:10 AM »
My brush happens to be as large as it needs to be. I cite well enough, yet why cite from the establishment that is holding all of us down.
Ahh, the Old, "What I say is correct, but if you say it the same thing its wrong"
clever, no way I can argue against that.

Yet, you never really cite anything. Maybe a few 200/2000 year old texts here and there, but only 1 ancient citation for every 50 claims.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #905 on: March 01, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »
Tell us more.
Oh i got a good one, right across the river, while building the bridge they found a giant piece of concrete submerged in the river bank, apparently having no records of it. The flood plane opposite the chinese garden has glass pyrmamids green houses you can walk around in.

The concrete was a bit bigger than a car, i think but i'm not sure. There was a vid on youtube, but i can no longer find it, something about halting construction. It was below the water.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:36:22 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #906 on: March 02, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »
By good one i didn't mean a joke.
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #907 on: March 02, 2020, 04:27:12 PM »
Tell us more.
Oh i got a good one, right across the river, while building the bridge they found a giant piece of concrete submerged in the river bank, apparently having no records of it. The flood plane opposite the chinese garden has glass pyrmamids green houses you can walk around in.

The concrete was a bit bigger than a car, i think but i'm not sure. There was a vid on youtube, but i can no longer find it, something about halting construction. It was below the water.

Are you trying to make a point as to this thread? If so, what might it be?

rvlvr

« Reply #908 on: March 03, 2020, 02:38:09 AM »
I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #909 on: March 03, 2020, 05:36:14 AM »
I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Don't leave us in suspense!

« Reply #910 on: March 03, 2020, 07:34:08 AM »
It's grandpa Simpson   ;D
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #911 on: March 03, 2020, 02:36:49 PM »
Tell us more.

Are you just trying to get a rize out of me?
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #912 on: March 03, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
Tell us more.

Nope. It's a legitimate question.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #913 on: March 04, 2020, 02:10:53 AM »

TBH Mike, I too fail to see the relevance of a random piece of concrete to dinosaurs and them being the product of china.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #914 on: March 04, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »
Tell us more.

I don't think he is, it's just your anecdote is baffling.   Why are we meant to care that they found a lump of concrete in a river?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #915 on: March 04, 2020, 07:41:19 AM »

This may well be a cultural disconnect. I feel by the tone of his post that wherever this lump of concrete was found (presumably the US), they have an unbroken and thorough documentation regime vis-à-vis all concrete produce from the very beginning of concrete production. Therefor this unsanctioned piece of said material, bereft as it is of certification is proof of something as yet unspecified, up to but not necessarily including, Alien edifice, hitherto unknown concrete manufacture by first nations, Masons and dinosaur roadworks.

I await further revelations with bated breath.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #916 on: March 04, 2020, 12:57:13 PM »
Tell us more.

I' haven't kept up with this thread, regretfully because the topic i find almos as fascinating as the flat earth itself, but if the topic is dinosaurs made in china, you must be able to see the relevance:
1-city builds underground lair
2-city finds dinosaurs in parking lot and creates exposition "the greatest show unearthed"
3-Chinese association buys land and sets up chinese garden in said location
4-city continues to dig extensively in area creating tunnel network for train
5- another piece of ancient debris "concrete "lump?" albeit potentially man made is located at site
6-previously built in vicinity: pyramids

Please explain what you mean make a point? reeally pls explain, i don't wanna bother anyone, unless it's the naysayers on the fes website, then i don't really care, cause like what the heck are you even doin here?

i think anyone invetigating this topic would find this at least amusing although admittedly, what conclusion can be drawn, i don't know. Maybe its is or was deemed a special place and they are trying to bless it with dragon balls.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #917 on: March 04, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »
Tell us more.

I don't think he is, it's just your anecdote is baffling.   Why are we meant to care that they found a lump of concrete in a river?
Well to me, this is evidence of ancient man, probably a real anomaly. If the concrete was their before the river, as it was deep in the river bed, i think that is pretty darn interesting and just thought id share that with you guys, while talking about this location.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #918 on: March 04, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »

This may well be a cultural disconnect. I feel by the tone of his post that wherever this lump of concrete was found (presumably the US), they have an unbroken and thorough documentation regime vis-à-vis all concrete produce from the very beginning of concrete production. Therefor this unsanctioned piece of said material, bereft as it is of certification is proof of something as yet unspecified, up to but not necessarily including, Alien edifice, hitherto unknown concrete manufacture by first nations, Masons and dinosaur roadworks.

I await further revelations with bated breath.
Yeah, exactly. I don't know  what it is, but in the vein of them lying to us about what is below our feet i find it quite interesting. The idea that they didn't(?) know it was there - considering that the city must have pretty thorough records of construction, and it was big enought to halt construction...what could it be?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 01:24:13 PM by faded mike »
           -them

« Reply #919 on: March 04, 2020, 01:33:45 PM »
Well to me, this is evidence of ancient man, probably a real anomaly. If the concrete was their before the river, as it was deep in the river bed, i think that is pretty darn interesting and just thought id share that with you guys, while talking about this location.
Ah, it looked like you were making a point about dinosaurs - something about the Chinese and tunnels?  I'm still lost with that.

But now you are saying this is sign of an ancient human civilization that built stuff before the river existed?  Rather than some modern structure that just fell in the river?  Has this anything to do with the Chinese gardens?  *confused*

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »
Tell us more.

There is no anomaly. There's a chunk of concrete. Whoever found it didn't know where it came from. "Don't know" doesn't mean aliens or that the Earth is flat or that dinosaurs are Chinese fakes. It means Don't Know.

That's assuming anything about the report is true. First we'd have to find out whether there's any truth to the story at all or if it was entirely made up. Then we'd have to find out if they really didn't know where the concrete came from. Maybe somebody dumped a chunk of concrete in a river, and ten years later somebody found it, and said "We found a chunk of concrete that this construction company dumped," but that was too boring a story so a reporter claimed that they didn't know where it came from.

There is so much outright bullshit on the internet that in discussing this block of concrete we can't even assume that it actually exists.

But even if it does exist, it doesn't mean that China faked the dinosaurs. (Hint: There are dinosaur fossils all over the world. There's no way China faked them all.) Dinosaurs are real. The non-avian ones died out sixty-five million years ago. The avian dinosaurs are with us today. They're called birds.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »
Ah, it looked like you were making a point about dinosaurs - something about the Chinese and tunnels?  I'm still lost with that.

But now you are saying this is sign of an ancient human civilization that built stuff before the river existed?  Rather than some modern structure that just fell in the river?  Has this anything to do with the Chinese gardens?  *confused*
I was just about to delete my last 3 posts and say i will try to stay on topic. Personally i think it is intersting info to mention about the area, but if this is widely regarded as too of topic, i will try harder to comply.

Yes i believe these "concrete" pieces are evidence of very old human settlement, i have seen the city pull other large stones/pieces of something out of traffic circles (or near them and seemingly around churches) while building said metro, and the untouched land upon which the city centre airport sat. These were not normal rocks, they looked like they were in part shaped by human hands. I'm sorry if this all sound like heresay but i saw them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:12:01 PM by faded mike »
           -them

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2020, 03:41:49 PM »

I was just about to delete my last 3 posts and say i will try to stay on topic. Personally i think it is intersting info to mention about the area, but if this is widely regarded as too of topic, i will try harder to comply.

Yes i believe these "concrete" pieces are evidence of very old human settlement, i have seen the city pull other large stones/pieces of something out of traffic circles (or near them and seemingly around churches) while building said metro, and the untouched land upon which the city centre airport sat. These were not normal rocks, they looked like they were in part shaped by human hands. I'm sorry if this all sound like heresay but i saw them.

Okay. So the blocks of concrete are real. People have been using concrete for a very long time. And there have been human settlements for a lot longer. So what? If you are claiming human settlements farther back than actual archeology has evidence for, your blocks of concrete do not offer any evidence of this. It's a non sequitur: Your claim does not logically follow from the existence of the concrete blocks. And if you think that with no training in the field you know more than people who have studied for years, then you are deluded.

Which is the same thing we see daily here on the FES: People with no training in geology, history, physics, astronomy, or cosmology, think they know more than the people who have actually studied this stuff. And no, watching videos on YouTube does not constitute research or training.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2020, 09:22:50 PM »
Concrete gets used for all kinds of silly reasons. My last project involved doing lots of site works on a 100 year old building complex. The amount of weird concrete things we pulled out of the ground was astounding. Also found some beautiful underground vaults. Thing is, once things are underground, its usually forgotten unless recorded.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »

Okay. So the blocks of concrete are real. People have been using concrete for a very long time. And there have been human settlements for a lot longer. So what? If you are claiming human settlements farther back than actual archeology has evidence for, your blocks of concrete do not offer any evidence of this. It's a non sequitur: Your claim does not logically follow from the existence of the concrete blocks. And if you think that with no training in the field you know more than people who have studied for years, then you are deluded.

Which is the same thing we see daily here on the FES: People with no training in geology, history, physics, astronomy, or cosmology, think they know more than the people who have actually studied this stuff. And no, watching videos on YouTube does not constitute research or training.
I kind of wonder at your dismissal of youtube info. Are you saying you don't get any useful info from youtube? My position is that there are some contoversial topics that are a long way away from official recognition, so what do you do?
           -them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2020, 10:09:38 PM »

I kind of wonder at your dismissal of youtube info. Are you saying you don't get any useful info from youtube? My position is that there are some contoversial topics that are a long way away from official recognition, so what do you do?
I can't find any YouTube evidence that there has been any concrete that suggests any "controversial topics that are a long way away from official recognition".

Some blocks of concrete were found, so what?
What information have you that they are not just blocks of concrete from a previous structure?
Have they been dated and found older than expected?

People get a little tired of you going on about "controversial topics" without presenting any sound reasons why there might be anything controversial.

Where is this YouTube evidence? But remember that there is a great deal of misinformation on YouTube as on the rest of the Internet.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #926 on: March 06, 2020, 12:14:41 AM »
Probably censorship.
           -them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #927 on: March 06, 2020, 12:22:20 AM »
Probably censorship.
And what might that have do it?

Who would want to hide the history of an old chunk of concrete?  Most conspiratard seem to blame NASA.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #928 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:41 AM »
Probably censorship.
Who is going around the world censoring concrete blocks?

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #929 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:16 AM »

Like with any source of information, there's good and bad. You need to make a rational judgement about your source. This is not new or unique to YouTube. If you read in the paper that a farmer in Iowa was kidnapped by space aliens, did you read it in the NY Times, or did you read it in the Weekly World News?

PBS Spacetime and Eons are reliable sources on YouTube, as is Physics Girl. Crackpots with zero education are not.

I get loads of good stuff on YouTube.