• 1009 Replies

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: Dinosaurs: Made In China
« Reply #810 on: February 18, 2020, 07:35:48 PM »
Okay
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #811 on: February 19, 2020, 07:34:13 AM »
I love the stuff I read on this site..

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #812 on: February 19, 2020, 07:58:58 AM »
That picture is from the Riversleigh World Heritage Area. No one doubts fossils exist. I'd love to see one example of a real dinosaur and not some stitched together Frankenstein from this site.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #813 on: February 19, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »
Maybe one day time machines will be invented.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #814 on: February 19, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
So if you don't doubt the existence of fossils, what would you construct from fossilized bones of the scale as have clearly been uncovered?

Perhaps they got the final assembly a little off, but there's no instruction manual readily available.

There were indeed some very large creatures!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rvlvr

« Reply #815 on: February 19, 2020, 09:45:38 AM »
The latest Pokemon game allows you to construct your own from the fossils you find.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: February 19, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »
So if you don't doubt the existence of fossils, what would you construct from fossilized bones of the scale as have clearly been uncovered?

Perhaps they got the final assembly a little off, but there's no instruction manual readily available.

There were indeed some very large creatures!
I suggest you read the thread. Of course large beings existed. To think they are dragons is ludicrous though.

Maybe one day time machines will be invented.
Are you so certain they haven't? After all, even today many don't believe in the flat earth.

The latest Pokemon game allows you to construct your own from the fossils you find.

Oh thank you. I needed this laugh today!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #817 on: February 19, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »
And so what? No dinosaurs from that site? Colour me surprised!

Crutchwater

« Reply #818 on: February 19, 2020, 02:38:57 PM »

I suggest you read the thread. Of course large beings existed. To think they are dragons is ludicrous though.

These large beings were given a general name... We call them Dinosaurs!

Were they "made in China" as your thread title suggests?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #819 on: February 19, 2020, 02:42:20 PM »

Venezuelan paleontologist Rodolfo Sánchez and a male carapace of Stupendemys geographicus found in 8 million year old deposits in Venezuela. Image via Edwin Cadena/ University of Zurich.

See (https://earthsky.org/earth/extinct-horned-turtle-size-car?utm_source=EarthSky+News&utm_campaign=31607d8dd2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_02_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c643945d79-31607d8dd2-393626645)
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #820 on: February 19, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »
Some were. Other evidence lends itself to a race of giants. I suggest you review the works of Charles Fort as well as the rehashings of Eric Dubay.

Venezuelan paleontologist Rodolfo Sánchez and a male carapace of Stupendemys geographicus found in 8 million year old deposits in Venezuela. Image via Edwin Cadena/ University of Zurich.

See (https://earthsky.org/earth/extinct-horned-turtle-size-car?utm_source=EarthSky+News&utm_campaign=31607d8dd2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_02_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c643945d79-31607d8dd2-393626645)
Yeah, we know turtles exist. This would be one source of giant bones. Giantism also presents itself in many species.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #821 on: February 19, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »
Less than a year ago a dead humpback whale was found in the amazon jungle with no possible explanation.

Crutchwater

« Reply #822 on: February 19, 2020, 02:56:32 PM »
Less than a year ago a dead humpback whale was found in the amazon jungle with no possible explanation.

I remember that. A juvenile separated from it's mother found 50 feet from the beach.

They suspect it was malnourished and weak, swept inland by abnormally strong tides.

Sounds like a possible explanation to me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #823 on: February 19, 2020, 03:00:03 PM »
Perhaps I've just read more Damned Facts than you. It seems positivists tend to find "possible explanations" when met with the fear of the unknown. Often, they fail to meet satisfactory inspection. It's an exercise in reinforcing beliefs already held. Either way, there is no doubt that large sea creatures could also play a part in the large bones we find, aside from the historical references to giants.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #824 on: February 19, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #825 on: February 19, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »

Nintendo entities have always supported flat earth theory. https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30593.0
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #826 on: February 19, 2020, 05:53:17 PM »
Perhaps I've just read more Damned Facts than you. It seems positivists tend to find "possible explanations" when met with the fear of the unknown. Often, they fail to meet satisfactory inspection. It's an exercise in reinforcing beliefs already held. Either way, there is no doubt that large sea creatures could also play a part in the large bones we find, aside from the historical references to giants.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/science/humpback-whales-amazon.html

“We imagine it was floating and the tide took it into the mangrove,” Renata Emin, the president of Bicho D’Água, told the Brazilian news site G1. “The question is, What was a humpback whale doing in the month of February on the northern coast of Brazil? It’s unusual.”

[That link may not work for you if you don't subscribe to the NYT. There are other sources that reported this, too.]

"Unusual" is not the same as "impossible". Apparently the question isn't how it got a short distance inland, but why was it in the area at that time of year? Is it really difficult for you to grasp that a young whale could not keep up with its pod due to illness, injury, or some other entirely plausible reason?

Considering the original premise (and title) of the thread and your speculation that dinosaur fossils are actually whale bones, are you now saying that you think that whales are made in China because a dead whale was found washed in 15 m from a beach in Brazil?

Just because you can't (or are unwilling to) explain something doesn't mean it has no mundane explanation.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #827 on: February 19, 2020, 06:41:06 PM »
They are the bones of a great many things and peoples. Every time in history - find one that contradicts me - the mundane example is but a tale we tell ourselves to sleep at night. The rest is fear.

The Unknown haunts us, secretly.  The Other begs the question.

I agree, the positivist position is that the whale flew through the air - light as he was a young born - and yet is that description satisfying to you!? Of course not. The explanation requires a paradigm shift. 

A whale landed far enough off land; enough to notice the news syndicate. Call the trumpets.

We should be careful about our beliefs in uncertain times....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:42:41 PM by John Davis »

Crutchwater

« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
They are the bones of a great many things and peoples. Every time in history - find one that contradicts me - the mundane example is but a tale we tell ourselves to sleep at night. The rest is fear.

I agree, the positivist position is that the whale flew through the air - light as he was a young born - and yet is that description satisfying to you!? Of course not. The explanation requires a paradigm shift. 

A whale landed far enough off land; enough to notice the news syndicate. Call the trumpets.

I don't recall reading anything about the whale flying through the air...

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #829 on: February 19, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »
Why would you? Would you tell your tale from the round earth perspective then? By the one that is familiar, and supports what you know? Not that which has been shown - and I mind you again and again it has shown this is not the case - that some whale happenstanced in the middle of land because of science? Because some generic instance was explained with some paltry sorta half assed statement.

"I guess it washed up on the waves."

I have to question how that is not religion.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #830 on: February 20, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »

I have to question how your babblings are not in CN, or being pored over by a mental health professional, but that’s life.

Dead whales are washed up all over the place, the rotting process fills (for a while) the interior of carcasses with gasses that increase buoyancy, high tides and rough seas would do the rest.

The fact that it is in a Mangrove swamp puts it in a brackish (semi saline therefore coastal) environment, so although “whale found in the Amazon forest” is true, it’s not quite the fortean event the headline suggests. The layer of dried plant matter beneath the corpse in the picture is also suggestive that was the high point of some wave event, a low pressure system where there is literally less air above an area can cause storm surges by sucking up the ocean (Katrina caused an 8 metre rise to inundate New Orleans), add this to natural high tides, subsea topography and there is no miracle at all, this is well documented and predictable stuff, so your incredulity is forced and purposeful, as is this whole troll thing about dinosaur existence.

But hey, it gives us something to do.

Kind Regards, Jura.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #831 on: February 20, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »

I don't recall reading anything about the whale flying through the air...
Anything can happen on the flat Earth - the Sun, Moon, planets go flying around up there in nothing so why not a "whale flying through the air".
It's not more preposterous than stories the tell to prop up their fiction.

« Reply #832 on: February 20, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
Why would you? Would you tell your tale from the round earth perspective then? By the one that is familiar, and supports what you know? Not that which has been shown - and I mind you again and again it has shown this is not the case - that some whale happenstanced in the middle of land because of science? Because some generic instance was explained with some paltry sorta half assed statement.

What’s the flat earth version then?

The whale is really in the open sea, but it just looks like it washed up by a river “because perspective”?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »
Let's reword that is a less misleading fashion: Humpback Whale Washes Ashore in Amazon River, Baffling Scientists in Brazil.
It might be very unusual but why is it relevant to "Dinosaurs: Made In China"?

rvlvr

« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »
From the article Rabinoz posted,

Marine biologists in Brazil were stunned to discover a young humpback whale on Friday that had washed ashore on a remote, forested island in the Amazon River, at a time of the year when it should have already migrated thousands of miles to Antarctica.

That does not sound like the scientist were that blown away. ”Washed ashore” does not seem to imply the damned thing flew over the jungle.

Poor sell, John.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2020, 10:12:40 PM »
Of course it was to them. And I'm sure it was normal when it rained frogs in Japan in 2009. I'm sure they found a perfectly reasonable explanation for that.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2020, 10:50:48 PM »
Of course it was to them. And I'm sure it was normal when it rained frogs in Japan in 2009. I'm sure they found a perfectly reasonable explanation for that.

Maybe the same company in China that creates a fake fossil record are the ones that make it rain frogs in Japan and put dead whales up in the Amazonian mangroves.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2020, 11:43:21 PM »
And what does that have to do with "Dinosaurs: Made In China" or with the flat vs Globe Earth question? Reports like that are not new: Rain of animals

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #838 on: February 21, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »

This Dinosaur was most definitely made in China

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #839 on: February 21, 2020, 08:21:27 AM »
Point being, the entire field of paleontology is filled with positivists like this, that will explain away raining frogs or flying whales with what seem like "perfectly reasonable explanations", until one looks at the whole. Oh? They are too big to gain enough food to exist? We'll just fill their bones with air and give them feathers. Perfectly reasonable alone. When taken as a whole, one sees the entire mess for what it is - cobbled together ad hoc explanations to support their childhood born delusions of dragons.