Dinosaurs: Made In China

• 1009 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Dinosaurs: Made In China
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
One of you roundies said the opposite, then another came in saying they are a liar. 

« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2018, 10:21:29 AM »
Any lunar creatures, if they would exist would need a food source. It stands to reason that they would eat the food source available to them - themselves.

The lunar atmosphere consists of Argon, Helium, Neon, Sodium, Potassium, and Hydrogen.

The vast majority of dragons in mythology are snake based. It was not until the Christians started throwing body parts on them to symbolize the triumph over the pagan world that we saw most of the dragons that actually look somewhat similar to dinosaurs. Most shouldn't rightfully be called dragons, except due to romanization.

Viet. dragon is a snake and Phillipines' dragons are sea serpents. Chinese dragons are snakes with animal parts stitched on - four legs and the parts of other animals such as stag horns or fish fins - another Chinese piltdown. Indian dragons, Indonesian and Hindu (the naga) are also snake based, sometimes with many heads. Buddhism also has several sea serpent or river serpent dragons.

The myth of a dragon over the cultures are clearly about giant snakes and sea serpents. I call dinosaurs dragons to point out how ridiculous the belief in dinosaurs really is. IN reality, I'm far more inclined to believe in giant snakes, of which we at least have evidence for, than lumbering impossibly large dinosaurs.

Yes the Antarctic is rich with oil, and other resources.
No, you cannot have species survive only eating its own kind.  That's stupid on the face of it.
And as for dinosaurs, there are mountains of evidence to support the fact of their existence.  So far your evidence seems to be, some are fake, this guy did a study about the feeding habits of one species of whale, and another claims Saturn hovered over the North Pole.
Does that about sum it up?
You really need to step up your troll game.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
Any lunar creatures, if they would exist would need a food source. It stands to reason that they would eat the food source available to them - themselves.

The lunar atmosphere consists of Argon, Helium, Neon, Sodium, Potassium, and Hydrogen.

The vast majority of dragons in mythology are snake based. It was not until the Christians started throwing body parts on them to symbolize the triumph over the pagan world that we saw most of the dragons that actually look somewhat similar to dinosaurs. Most shouldn't rightfully be called dragons, except due to romanization.

Viet. dragon is a snake and Phillipines' dragons are sea serpents. Chinese dragons are snakes with animal parts stitched on - four legs and the parts of other animals such as stag horns or fish fins - another Chinese piltdown. Indian dragons, Indonesian and Hindu (the naga) are also snake based, sometimes with many heads. Buddhism also has several sea serpent or river serpent dragons.

The myth of a dragon over the cultures are clearly about giant snakes and sea serpents. I call dinosaurs dragons to point out how ridiculous the belief in dinosaurs really is. IN reality, I'm far more inclined to believe in giant snakes, of which we at least have evidence for, than lumbering impossibly large dinosaurs.

No, you cannot have species survive only eating its own kind.  That's stupid on the face of it.
Which is why they also eat the atmosphere, as stated previously.
And as for dinosaurs, there are mountains of evidence to support the fact of their existence.  So far your evidence seems to be, some are fake, this guy did a study about the feeding habits of one species of whale, and another claims Saturn hovered over the North Pole.
Incorrect.
No, and I'm not trolling. I suggest you review the thread. I never fail to be surprised at the stupidity of those that come to a society of free thinkers and then are all like "You can't possibly believe this you are trolling!" Not only am I not the only flat earther to not buy into the dinofaux myth, I am also not the only free thinker.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »

Which is why they also eat the atmosphere, as stated previously.
Incorrect.
No, and I'm not trolling. I suggest you review the thread. I never fail to be surprised at the stupidity of those that come to a society of free thinkers and then are all like "You can't possibly believe this you are trolling!" Not only am I not the only flat earther to not buy into the dinofaux myth, I am also not the only free thinker.
Sorry but when said they eat the only thing available, each other, I thought that was what you meant.
What part about the dinosaurs was incorrect?  There are mountains of evidence to support them.
Are you saying you did not cite those sources in your arguments?  I did ask you multiple times to confirm that but you always ignored that part of my posts.
As for free thinkers, closing your eyes to facts and evidence and believing there is a massive worldwide conspiracy doesn't make you a free thinker, it makes you delusional.
And troll, yeah, I think you are a troll.  The moon shrimp and penguin thing is a dead giveaway

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »
You clearly haven't read the research on our luna friends on the moon, or penguins. There is no doubt in the scientific community as to their existence. I see no need to discuss serious research with somebody who thinks I am trolling them. Good day.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:53:45 AM by John Davis »

« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
You clearly haven't read the research on our luna friends on the moon, or penguins. There is no doubt in the scientific community as to their existence. I see no need to discuss serious research with somebody who thinks I am trolling them. Good day.
Notice how you ignore everything else in my post?  You have yet to address the issue of your sources.
I think you are right about one thing though, there is no doubt in scientific community that penguins exist.  Moon shrimp not so much.  Or perhaps you could direct me to a peer reviewed paper on them.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
Serious research?
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

Nightsky

« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »

There you go making stuff up again, mythical moonshrimp consuming mythical atmospheric gasses. You said the moon’s atmosphere is composed of the followings day I quote:

“The lunar atmosphere consists of Argon, Helium, Neon, Sodium, Potassium, and Hydrogen”
John Davis

A couple of slight problems potassium boils at over 700 Celsius
Sodium boils at just under 900 Celsius
Argon is almost totally unreactive and has no known biological role
Like argon neon is unreactive and forms no biological molecules
Hydrogen being so light would float off into space as would helium.

For the self proclaimed world’s foremost zetetic scientist, your not doing very well.
By the way when are you going to publish or share your evidence?
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:44 AM »

There you go making stuff up again, mythical moonshrimp consuming mythical atmospheric gasses. You said the moon’s atmosphere is composed of the followings day I quote:

“The lunar atmosphere consists of Argon, Helium, Neon, Sodium, Potassium, and Hydrogen”
John Davis

For the self proclaimed world’s foremost zetetic scientist, your not doing very well.
But he already said there is no doubt among the scientific community.  So why does he need to publish anything?

Nightsky

« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »

John Davis

But he already said there is no doubt among the scientific community.  So why does he need to publish anything?

Ah....youhave to remember....a John said, has to be taken with a couple buckets of NaCl.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Jane said these

« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »

John Davis

What?  No way.  He is the most influential thinker of our time.  Just ask him.

Ah....youhave to remember....a John said, has to be taken with a couple buckets of NaCl.

rvlvr

« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
I believe Mr Davis' motivation for spewing nonsense are greed, and vanity.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »
It does appear that the word of the scientific community is never doubted by true believers of their craft. 

Things that happen in real life are not always correctly stated in those wizardly manuals you all swear allegiance to.

« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2018, 12:54:17 PM »
I've explained this multiple times. Due to the evidence I presented. Dinosaurs are an untenable hypothesis and can't maintain their own weight and go against everything we already know about biology. Large beasts, such as mammoths and giants, do not and have been reported as observed since the dawn of recorded history. Dinosaurs have shown up in the last 150 years near the advent of science as profession and presumably the gullibility of the American public.

You've never explained it. You're not explaining it now. You say dinosaurs couldn't support their own weight, but you'll happily claim that a 30 foot tall human could support their own weight. You'll happily claim that other non-dinosaurs of equivalent size can support their own weight (the "giant animals" you say dinosaur bones actually belong to).
So why couldn't dinosaurs support their own weight but these other things could? I know - it's because you have a peanut for a brain.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
It does appear that the word of the scientific community is never doubted by true believers of their craft. 

Things that happen in real life are not always correctly stated in those wizardly manuals you all swear allegiance to.
Sure, discoveries are happening all the time.  Our understanding does change.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #705 on: January 17, 2018, 01:08:48 PM »
I believe Mr Davis' motivation for spewing nonsense are greed, and vanity.
You can read of my motivations for my flat earth belief here:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/03/a-conversation-with-a-flat-earth-believer.html

I don't spew nonsense; far from it, I am the voice of sanity on an insane plane of globe trotters. I find the idea that I am vane a bit silly.

John Davis

Impressively, almost everything you've said was wrong. Not only did I not discover luna (what you call moonshrimp for some reason), but I also didn't discover the atmosphere on the moon. I am not self proclaimed the foremost zetetic scientist; like the Zetetic Method Man, the title was given to me. Potassium does not boil at 700C, sodium at not just under 900C, argon has biological uses, and hydrogen would not float off the surface.

Other elements you can find in the atmosphere on the moon include methane, carbon dioxide, ammonia, and water.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:11:26 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #706 on: January 17, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »
Not only did I not discover luna (what you call moonshrimp for some reason),

We called them moonshramp because if you remember, there was a democratic vote on the forum as to what to call them, and moonshramp got the most votes.
And no, of course you didn't discover them, because you can only discover something that exist.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Macarios

« Reply #707 on: January 17, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_the_Moon)

"The average daytime abundances of the elements known to be present in the lunar atmosphere, in atoms per cubic centimeter, are as follows:

Argon: 20,000–100,000
Helium: 5,000–30,000
Neon: up to 20,000
Sodium: 70
Potassium: 17
Hydrogen: fewer than 17

This yields approximately 80,000 total atoms per cubic centimeter, marginally higher than the quantity posited to exist in the atmosphere of Mercury.
While this greatly exceeds the density of the solar wind, which is usually on the order of just a few protons per cubic centimeter,
it is virtually a vacuum in comparison with the atmosphere of the Earth.
The Moon may also have a tenuous "atmosphere" of electrostatically-levitated dust."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Do metals sublimate?
Yes, they do, which is more significant in vacuum:

"The sublimation rate will depend on temperature and energy of sublimation, which is different for different metals.
Also in normal conditions you will have some kind of equilibrium - some of the particles that leave the surface will
condensate back. But in vacuum techniques you need to take this to account - there are metals with low sublimation
energy - such as Zinc, Magnesium, Cadmium e.t.c."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:22:53 PM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #708 on: January 17, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »

We called them moonshramp because if you remember, there was a democratic vote on the forum as to what to call them, and moonshramp got the most votes.
And no, of course you didn't discover them, because you can only discover something that exist.
Unfortunately for your will to be a constant idiot wind, it was James that first discovered them and Dr. Ichi backed it up with further studies.

You called them shramp far before any democratic vote, not that such a vote would matter. Its a purposeful attempt to take a serious research subject and paint it as ridiculous, much like what the creationists did with the "Big Bang".

"The average daytime abundances of the elements known to be present in the lunar atmosphere, in atoms per cubic centimeter, are as follows:

This yields approximately 80,000 total atoms per cubic centimeter, marginally higher than the quantity posited to exist in the atmosphere of Mercury.
While this greatly exceeds the density of the solar wind, which is usually on the order of just a few protons per cubic centimeter,
The Moon may also have a tenuous "atmosphere" of electrostatically-levitated dust."

Do metals sublimate?

"The sublimation rate will depend on temperature and energy of sublimation, which is different for different metals.
Also in normal conditions you will have some kind of equilibrium - some of the particles that leave the surface will
condensate back. But in vacuum techniques you need to take this to account - there are metals with low sublimation
Thank you for confirming this for Nightsky. He has a hard time with things.

« Reply #709 on: January 17, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »
I am somewhat confused. Who has said all oil is in Antarctica?
"Big science" I think.  It's hard to tell.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »
The Lowry Institute are one of the 'theys' that claimed huge amounts of oil in the Antarctic.

"Antarctica’s predicted oil reserves have been estimated at up to 203 billion barrels" This is certainly a conservative estimate -- if only they had known the true size of the Antarctic!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:22:53 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »

Unfortunately for your will to be a constant idiot wind, it was James that first discovered them and Dr. Ichi backed it up with further studies.

You called them shramp far before any democratic vote, not that such a vote would matter. Its a purposeful attempt to take a serious research subject and paint it as ridiculous, much like what the creationists did with the "Big Bang".

Do metals sublimate?

Thank you for confirming this for Nightsky. He has a hard time with things.
How were they discovered?  And what evidence do you have A: that they exist and B: that they are accepted by the scientific community?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »
I, like James, am on a first name basis with everybody in the scientific community.

« Reply #713 on: January 17, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
I, like James, am on a first name basis with everybody in the scientific community.
And you get upset when I call you a troll.  Now care to answer the questions?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #714 on: January 17, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
I did, I am not. The Scientific Community is a bunch of bunk and old house wives tales. I prefer the scientific community.

« Reply #715 on: January 18, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
I did, I am not. The Scientific Community is a bunch of bunk and old house wives tales. I prefer the scientific community.
And still no answer to the questions.  You do this a lot.  It wasn't complicated but you still insist on ignoring them.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #716 on: January 18, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
I answered them. I know they were accepted by the scientific community, because I am on a first name basis with the scientific community.

« Reply #717 on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:42 AM »
I answered them. I know they were accepted by the scientific community, because I am on a first name basis with the scientific community.

I think you've gone well beyond troll, straight past twat, crashed through dickhead and finally skidded to a stop at Comparable With Tom Bishop.

Grow up, you sad, sad little man.

rvlvr

« Reply #718 on: January 18, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
Has Mr Davis always been this witty and playful, or has it become worse as of late?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #719 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:13 PM »
Has Mr Davis always been this witty and playful, or has it become worse as of late?
The latter.
In the past, his threads and posts were at least relevant to the FE/Globe question, though often just as ridiculous.
Any man, or able bodied woman, can view the flat earth for him or herself with ease using this simple experiment (and many others!)

Should they find themselves at a dock, they need only slip the foreman a 20 dollar bill to view the inside of a shipping crate. Be careful, and tread lightly as you likely won't be accustomed to the 'shipyard banter' that often fills these locations. Now, at sunrise, within your shipping crate that is facing sunrise, with one end unbarred, take note of how the light illuminates the crate during the sunrise. If, as we are told, the earth is round then we would expect the top of the crate to be illuminated first - as it should have a better vantage point for the sun as it rises above a horizon.

You might well save your time though, as any dockworker will testify - the crate is not lit in this manner at all. This is yet another proof that the earth is not a spinning round ball hurtling through space at ridiculous speeds in some sort of celestial race, but instead a plane as our senses and logic dictates it must be.

It serves as yet another reason any thinking sailor since the dawn of time has known - the Earth is Flat.
Note how this ends with an unsupported but completely fallacious claim,
"any thinking sailor since the dawn of time has known - the Earth is Flat".

But have you noticed that virtually all of his threads rely on the logical fallacy "Appeal to Ridicule" as does the above thread with: "This is yet another proof that the earth is not a spinning round ball hurtling through space at ridiculous speeds in some sort of celestial race, but instead a plane as our senses and logic dictates it must be.".
Quote from: Logical Fallacies
Appeal to Ridicule
reductio ad ridiculum
(also known as: appeal to mockery, the horse laugh)

Description: Presenting the argument in such a way that makes the argument look ridiculous, usually by misrepresenting the argument or the use of exaggeration.

Not only that, but is often seems very unwilling to disclose his sources, expecting us to rely on his often incomplete and/or out-of-context quotes.