is this evidence of a fake spacewalk?

• 33 Replies
is this evidence of a fake spacewalk?
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:14:08 AM »
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

From 39 minutes to 41 it seems like the buckle on the end of the strap is showing buoyancy, it constantly goes up to point in the same direction ,even when the astronaut pushes it out of the way

Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

Re: is this evidence of a fake spacewalk?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:16 AM »
No. Let's assume it's not fake and look for contradictions. Here's how it would be explained if this spacewalk actually happened in space.

The astronaut in view is climbing along something, and climbing is a bit of a choppy motion. When he moves forward then comes to a stop at each handhold, the strap moves "upward" in the field of view. That helmet camera is pointing straight forward and, in reference to the background, the wearer is also climbing up. So the strap is not exactly moving up as if by buoyancy, but rather it is moving forward because of its inertia. When it stretches as far as it can go it stops, then retracts as the astronaut continues moving forward.

Also, that strap tends to be sticking out more than "up" when the astronaut is stationary, indicating that part of the reason it's not staying "when the astronaut pushes it out of the way" is that it's a somewhat rigid strap.

There's not any contradictions in your buoyancy idea as far as I can tell but also not any contradictions in "what NASA wants you to believe," so this video clip can't really be used to prove or disprove the spacewalk.
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »
Well, here is evidence of the faked Chinese spacewalk. 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 10:01:25 PM »
Well, here is evidence of the faked Chinese spacewalk. 

I'm going to assume that the video is about "bubbles."  We already know that most if not all bubbles in videos of spacewalks are actually water from the sublimator systems, used to regulate suit temperature.  Oh, that also explains how they regulate suit temperature without air, if you were thinking of bringing that one up. 
But when astronauts are in neutral buoyancy tanks, the refraction in the helmet will be much different from when they are in the atmosphere or in space.  That's much more telling than any supposed bubbles.
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 10:30:53 PM »
Why do the bubbles always go in one direction: up?  Perhaps you did not study your shill manual well enough to answer that one? 

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 12:19:16 AM »
Why do the bubbles always go in one direction: up?  Perhaps you did not study your shill manual well enough to answer that one?
They seem to go in just about any direction. And how can you tell what is up from that video? If the video is fake then that earth would just be a projection/other, positioned maybe on the floor but possibly on a wall.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »

Irrelevant question.  There can't be an air bubble in space because either there is no air with which to form a bubble to begin with, or there is no air outside of an air-filled bubble to equalize the pressure inside it, meaning the bubble would burst instantaneously.  Those aren't even air bubbles in your video.  It's water.  Jroa the Fallacy Master strikes again.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

Irrelevant question.  There can't be an air bubble in space

No shit.  That is sort of the point I was making. 

because either there is no air with which to form a bubble to begin with,

Please, tell us more, oh wise sage.  ::)

or there is no air outside of an air-filled bubble to equalize the pressure inside it,

More wisdom from you.  We did not know any of these scientific facts about space because you are the only one here to go to public school, right?  ::)

meaning the bubble would burst instantaneously. 

Wow, is that how physics works?  I feel smarter already.  ::)

Those aren't even air bubbles in your video.  It's water. 

Then, why do they always travel upwards with respect to the asstronot? 

Jroa the Fallacy Master strikes again.

Perhaps you could actually address the issues next time instead of treating everyone here like they are second graders who know nothing about science?  That would be great.  ::)

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »

Irrelevant question.  There can't be an air bubble in space

No shit.  That is sort of the point I was making. 

because either there is no air with which to form a bubble to begin with,

Please, tell us more, oh wise sage.  ::)

or there is no air outside of an air-filled bubble to equalize the pressure inside it,

More wisdom from you.  We did not know any of these scientific facts about space because you are the only one here to go to public school, right?  ::)

meaning the bubble would burst instantaneously. 

Wow, is that how physics works?  I feel smarter already.  ::)

Those aren't even air bubbles in your video.  It's water. 

Then, why do they always travel upwards with respect to the asstronot? 

Jroa the Fallacy Master strikes again.

Perhaps you could actually address the issues next time instead of treating everyone here like they are second graders who know nothing about science?  That would be great.  ::)

Hey, if you think the result of a staged underwater "space walk" is the occasional single air bubble leaking out, try breathing into a paperbag for 15 minutes and tell me how that works out for you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 04:21:46 AM »
Hey, if you think the result of a staged underwater "space walk" is the occasional single air bubble leaking out, try breathing into a paperbag for 15 minutes and tell me how that works out for you.

Do you actually believe that the satanists at NASA and other space agencies are willing to spend all of this money on rockets and sending men into space, but can't invest a few dollars on space suites that don't leak their cooling water into space? 

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 05:19:14 AM »

Do you actually believe that the satanists at NASA and other space agencies are willing to spend all of this money on rockets and sending men into space, but can't invest a few dollars on space suites that don't leak their cooling water into space?

Yeah, the "satanists" at NASA. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? The "satanists". What even makes you think they're satanists? Do you even know what satanism is?

"a few dollars on space suites"

Your definition of "a few dollars" is worse than Trump's definition of "a small loan". Space suits cost about 12 million dollars, and even seemingly small things like preventing leaks aren't that simple in such an unpredictable environment.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 05:22:25 AM »
There are probably dozens of threads discussing the connection between satanism and NASA.  I am sure there are plenty of people here who are will to perform a search on this site for you, but I am not one of them.  You could always start your own thread about satanic NASA, but if I remember correctly, one was started just about a month ago. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 05:24:47 AM »
There are probably dozens of threads discussing the connection between satanism and NASA.  I am sure there are plenty of people here who are will to perform a search on this site for you, but I am not one of them.  You could always start your own thread about satanic NASA, but if I remember correctly, one was started just about a month ago.

"There are probably dozens of threads discussing the connection between satanism and NASA."

...all of them created by crackpots...

"but if I remember correctly, one was started just about a month ago."

...also created by a crackpot. That one was almost like a parody. So, what does that make someone who believes in such crackpot speculations?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »

"There are probably dozens of threads discussing the connection between satanism and NASA."

...all of them created by crackpots...

"but if I remember correctly, one was started just about a month ago."

...also created by a crackpot. That one was almost like a parody. So, what does that make someone who believes in such crackpot speculations?

Do you always read things that go against your beliefs and automatically assume it is a parody?  I assume you believe you are so much better than the rest of us because we don't follow your indoctrinated ways, but don't just assume that when someone disagrees with you, it must be a "parody". 

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 06:25:56 AM »

Sure.  If dozens of multi-billion dollar rocket launches can fail, why not a multi-million dollar spacesuit?

A better question is whether you actually believe underwater astronauts can hold their breath for 15+ minutes.

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:09 AM »
Do you always read things that go against your beliefs and automatically assume it is a shill?  I assume you believe you are so much better than the rest of us because you don't follow our informed ways, but don't just assume that when someone disagrees with you, it must be a "shill".
Wow, great non-response
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:54 AM »

Sure.  If dozens of multi-billion dollar rocket launches can fail, why not a multi-million dollar spacesuit?

A better question is whether you actually believe underwater astronauts can hold their breath for 15+ minutes.

You believe that the asstronuts have to hold their breath underwater in the space suites, but can breath freely in then in outer space?  ::)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:51:06 AM »
Do you always read things that go against your beliefs and automatically assume it is a shill?  I assume you believe you are so much better than the rest of us because you don't follow our informed ways, but don't just assume that when someone disagrees with you, it must be a "shill".

I have studied shill tactics.  I understand an attack when I see it.  It can not be a coincidence that all of you follow the exact same plays every time, like a football team.  If it were just one person doing it, I would question whether or not that person was a shill, but when there are 20 of you all acting like a well rehearsed team, then I can rule out not being shills.  Perhaps you missed that day in shill training where they taught that you are not supposed to make yourselves obvious? 

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 06:23:57 AM »

I have studied shill tactics.  I understand an attack when I see it.  It can not be a coincidence that all of you follow the exact same plays every time, like a football team.  If it were just one person doing it, I would question whether or not that person was a shill, but when there are 20 of you all acting like a well rehearsed team, then I can rule out not being shills.  Perhaps you missed that day in shill training where they taught that you are not supposed to make yourselves obvious?
Yes, I missed that day in shill training, along with all the rest, and I also missed recruitment day.
Wow, great non-response

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 08:12:57 AM »

You believe that the asstronuts have to hold their breath underwater in the space suites, but can breath freely in then in outer space?  ::)

You wish, home slice.  Parodying flat-earthers, "If they're underwater, where are the bubbles? Where?!" 

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:16:51 AM by uCantBeSerious »

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »

It's almost like they all think they're right and make it sound like they know what they're talking about!  Those bastards.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
Are those bubbles going up?  lol

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
It's easy to look up astronaut training videos on YouTube where you see a tube on the spacesuit removing any gas that would cause bubbles
It's also possible to keep waste gases in the spacesuit backpack and not even use a tube,considering the helmet is watertight
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:43:23 PM by Ex-Globe »
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 03:47:19 AM »

Honestly jroa at this point I am genuinely concerned for you if this is what you think and believe. I'm truly not trying to be a rude but if you genuinely think we are all part of some well rehearsed group and we come here purely to dupe you than I really think you need help man.

Seriously if you aren't already in therapy I strongly encourage you to seek some help or counselling. Thinking something like that is extremely unhealthy and can lead down a very dangerous and dark path.

Pezevenk

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 03:52:12 AM »

Did you check the IPs of the alleged alternate accounts created by shills? Lol.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 06:21:38 AM »
Are those bubbles going up?  lol

Correct! Bubbles is plural!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:27 AM »

Did you check the IPs of the alleged alternate accounts created by shills? Lol.

It is very easy to use a proxy. 

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 07:18:31 AM »
I can't stay silent anymore... This is wrong... It's time to close up shop guys.  I have to confess...

I am the shill recruiter for this website... The head of the government put me in charge of finding people to post in this site and try to discredit your flat earth theories because they are afraid of people knowing the truth...

I say no more! I'm sorry guys but I won't be paying you anymore to post here and I don't care what the government does to me! The earth is flat! It's an infinite plane with endless land and resources and the government just hang out and party there eating fruits, veggies,  hunting and befriended animals while they let us believe we are running out of space and resources.

I don't know why I went along with this lie for so long! For money!? I finally realized I don't need money if I can get to these infinite plains! We can do this guys! We can join together and overtake the government and let all the people of earth travel the infinite plains where all our dreams will come true.

Once again I am very sorry for recruiting so many shills for this website.

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
I don't know why I went along with this lie for so long! For money!? I finally realized I don't need money if I can get to these infinite plains! We can do this guys! We can join together and overtake the government and let all the people of earth travel the infinite plains where all our dreams will come true.
But my wife and kids need the money! Please, don't do this! I need to continue our crusade to mislead the masses! It's for my family, man!
Wow, great non-response

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »
But my wife and kids need the money! Please, don't do this! I need to continue our crusade to mislead the masses! It's for my family, man!

Forget it man! The jig is up, they are in to us!

Don't worry, just join us on our crusade to find the endless plains and you and your family will never want for anything in their life ever again.