Transit of Mercury

• 230 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Transit of Mercury
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2016, 08:38:02 AM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

What are you talking about?! Mercury transits the sun in about 5hours.
I watched most of it. Here is an image from about an hour later...

Notice how the same sunspot is present...which wouldn't be if these were taken on different days. Check the exif data if you don't believe me...
Is that another stock image that you are trying to present as an actual experiment?  Will NASA ever run out of computer generated images for you people to use in order to try to prove the shape of the Earth?  Will you people ever stop saying that you can determine the shape of the Earth by looking at the sky?
First off, if you load Stellarium (actually do something), you can see how the Mercury transit would have happened if you looked today (actually did something). Of course, no FEer is going to do this as it might burst their bubble. From my location in Denver, CO, the transit started around 06:55 (sunrise) and ended at 12:40 (approx 6 hrs later, so no, the pictures did not have to happen a week apart or some other dribble). BTW, Stellarium is doing the math from whatever location you put into it so we don't have to redo it. Why should anyone waste their time on your disbelief. Why don't you do the math and prove them wrong since you dispute the images and transit.

Second, as you and other FEers don't do astronomy or really know Astronomy 101, I expect nothing of importance from what you have to say about anything concerning astronomy - images, photographs, whatever - just screaming "fake" and "lalala" holding your ears. I know reality really sucks for FEers and their fantasies.

Third, for anyone who actually uses a telescope, your statements are quite ignorant. Aligning telescopes to track the sky, that has been done for decades, definitely determines the shape of the Earth. The mounts being aligned - corresponding the latitude of the observer AND pointing at the N/S Celestial Poles AND parallel to the Earth/Sky rotation - definitely and definitively demonstrate the Earth is spherical and definitely and definitively not FLAT. There is only one shape that I know of that has these properties simultaneously - a sphere. If you are too ignorant for that, oh well. Keep saying YOU can't determine the shape of the Earth from the sky (of course YOU can't because you won't even try. If you say it a couple thousand times it will be just as wrong as the first time you said it).

It would be of interest, if any FEer can actually explain how an equatorially mounted telescope even works on a FE (they work in reality - the real world - as evidenced by observatories and people who actually own one).

So jroa, go on with your FE fantasy that has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality - our world. Enlighten us.

I have Stellarium.  Did it ever occur to you that the software was programmed by a group or entity that could code it anyway that they want to?  Did it occur to you that NASA has programmers employed by them?  I suppose that anything that Stellarium says must be the absolute truth, just like what ever the satanists at NASA say, right?
Shame no one can check the source code to see if it uses the FEM or GEM in the calculations.

http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_get_Stellarium's_source_code

Oh, great!  So you are going to check the source code and then compare it to every celestial observation that was ever made across the whole Earth!  Thank you and see you in 500 years, dummy.  ::)

Oh, that would not be needed. Seeing as thousands of amateur astronomers and stargazers use it all the time, and none of them has reported something wrong with it, I would guess it's rather accurate. If you can show anyone an inconsistency of Stellarium with your observations, do it.

By the way, what happened to the other you, 5 years ago?

"I am an atheist and believe in a round Earth.  If other atheists or non-atheists believe that the Earth is flat, I would like to hear their views.  Most of the members for this forum are trolls, in my opinion, and are not debating for their religious beliefs."

What happened jroa? Look at your posts a few years ago, AND LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE NOW!

Argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad numerum.  Also, argumentum ad hominem.  Perhaps you could, eventually, make an argument that is not a logical fallacy?  That would be great.  Please work on it.

Do you feel smarter that you threw around a bunch of terms in Latin? Yeah, it must feel great to Google "list of fallacies". Would it feel as great if I did the same thing for your posts? Trust me, you wouldn't like it.

I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers who somehow have never reported such a major error (and no, that's not argumentum ad populum, if at least you understood what you read you would know what this fallacy meant and when you can apply it, also that it's the same thing as argumentum ad numerum), and you make the claim that there is something wrong with it, you haven't provided any evidence.

I suppose I meant argumentum ad verecundiam.  I am sorry that all of your fallacies blend together to me.  Also, no, argumentum ad populum is not the exact same thing as argumentum ad numberum, even though they are related.

Still wrong, I never made an appeal to an authority. Here's what I said:
1) If there's a major flaw, it's highly possible that someone would have reported it.
2) Nobody has reported anything.
3) Therefore, it's highly possible that there isn't a major flaw.

Since ad numerum and ad populum is different, what's the difference?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2016, 08:51:16 AM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

Notice how the same sunspot is present...which wouldn't be if these were taken on different days. Check the exif data if you don't believe me...
Is that another stock image that you are trying to present as an actual experiment?  Will NASA ever run out of computer generated images for you people to use in order to try to prove the shape of the Earth?  Will you people ever stop saying that you can determine the shape of the Earth by looking at the sky?
First off, if you load Stellarium (actually do something), you can see how the Mercury transit would have happened if you looked today (actually did something). Of course, no FEer is going to do this as it might burst their bubble. From my location in Denver, CO, the transit started around 06:55 (sunrise) and ended at 12:40 (approx 6 hrs later, so no, the pictures did not have to happen a week apart or some other dribble). BTW, Stellarium is doing the math from whatever location you put into it so we don't have to redo it. Why should anyone waste their time on your disbelief. Why don't you do the math and prove them wrong since you dispute the images and transit.

Second, as you and other FEers don't do astronomy or really know Astronomy 101, I expect nothing of importance from what you have to say about anything concerning astronomy - images, photographs, whatever - just screaming "fake" and "lalala" holding your ears. I know reality really sucks for FEers and their fantasies.

Third, for anyone who actually uses a telescope, your statements are quite ignorant. Aligning telescopes to track the sky, that has been done for decades, definitely determines the shape of the Earth. The mounts being aligned - corresponding the latitude of the observer AND pointing at the N/S Celestial Poles AND parallel to the Earth/Sky rotation - definitely and definitively demonstrate the Earth is spherical and definitely and definitively not FLAT. There is only one shape that I know of that has these properties simultaneously - a sphere. If you are too ignorant for that, oh well. Keep saying YOU can't determine the shape of the Earth from the sky (of course YOU can't because you won't even try. If you say it a couple thousand times it will be just as wrong as the first time you said it).

It would be of interest, if any FEer can actually explain how an equatorially mounted telescope even works on a FE (they work in reality - the real world - as evidenced by observatories and people who actually own one).

So jroa, go on with your FE fantasy that has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality - our world. Enlighten us.

I have Stellarium.  Did it ever occur to you that the software was programmed by a group or entity that could code it anyway that they want to?  Did it occur to you that NASA has programmers employed by them?  I suppose that anything that Stellarium says must be the absolute truth, just like what ever the satanists at NASA say, right?
Shame no one can check the source code to see if it uses the FEM or GEM in the calculations.

Oh, great!  So you are going to check the source code and then compare it to every celestial observation that was ever made across the whole Earth!  Thank you and see you in 500 years, dummy.  ::)

Oh, that would not be needed. Seeing as thousands of amateur astronomers and stargazers use it all the time, and none of them has reported something wrong with it, I would guess it's rather accurate. If you can show anyone an inconsistency of Stellarium with your observations, do it.

"I am an atheist and believe in a round Earth.  If other atheists or non-atheists believe that the Earth is flat, I would like to hear their views.  Most of the members for this forum are trolls, in my opinion, and are not debating for their religious beliefs."

What happened jroa? Look at your posts a few years ago, AND LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE NOW!

Argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad numerum.  Also, argumentum ad hominem.  Perhaps you could, eventually, make an argument that is not a logical fallacy?  That would be great.  Please work on it.

Do you feel smarter that you threw around a bunch of terms in Latin? Yeah, it must feel great to Google "list of fallacies". Would it feel as great if I did the same thing for your posts? Trust me, you wouldn't like it.

I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers who somehow have never reported such a major error (and no, that's not argumentum ad populum, if at least you understood what you read you would know what this fallacy meant and when you can apply it, also that it's the same thing as argumentum ad numerum), and you make the claim that there is something wrong with it, you haven't provided any evidence.

I suppose I meant argumentum ad verecundiam.  I am sorry that all of your fallacies blend together to me.  Also, no, argumentum ad populum is not the exact same thing as argumentum ad numberum, even though they are related.

1) If there's a major flaw, it's highly possible that someone would have reported it.

So, are you denying that you said, "I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers," in an attempt to make what you said sound credible through the use of an authority? 

Also, numerum means numbers, or slinging numbers around in order to make your point sound more popular, which you presented in an attempt to make yourself sound credible.  Populum means the population, loosely translated, and means that you are arguing about what the population thinks.  I already told you I meant verecundiam instead of populum, which means that you are arguing that authorities say it is so, so it must be so.  Have you never taken a speech or debate class in your life? 

« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
the planets and the stars, just like NASA, are diverting you from the focus of the question: the earth and its mysteries, the flat moon, the sun!

let's not give a fuck of the planets and the stars for now, they're out of reach, they have their own orbits, there's no life on them, literally, that's why these satanic false scientists placed the earth between a bunch of dead planets!

we're the center of the universe, POLAR STAR IS THE CENTER, we use it when we lose direction, literally.

anyway...

1)this is NOT a planet, it's a PLANE.
2)this flat earth is about life, not about death. planets have no live on them, so they can go round and round and who gives a fuck. they're out of reach forever, we can only suppose how they are, and observe 'em from here. that's it. that's the reason why mars images and the like are fake. they can't send anything there. out of reach.
3)stars are energy entities in the space. that's it. they're arranged as constellations, and you see constellations ciclically. they literally float above our heads, they're all at the same distance I suppose. the difference is in their composition, so they're more or less bright, and more or less pulsating.

« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »

So, are you denying that you said, "I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers," in an attempt to make what you said sound credible through the use of an authority? 

Also, numerum means numbers, or slinging numbers around in order to make your point sound more popular, which you presented in an attempt to make yourself sound credible.  Populum means the population, loosely translated, and means that you are arguing about what the population thinks.  I already told you I meant verecundiam instead of populum, which means that you are arguing that authorities say it is so, so it must be so.  Have you never taken a speech or debate class in your life? 
His argument is not about what the population believes, it's about what the population observes.
There have been repeated observations of the system working, and to my knowledge there has been no observations against it, if you have a repeatable observation that shows the program to be wrong please share it.

The only problem I can see in the reasoning is the problem of induction, but you can't do any science without induction.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:09:07 AM by Empirical »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
His argument is not about what the population believes, it's about what the population observes.
There have been repeated observations of the system working, and to my knowledge there has been no observations against it, if you have a repeatable observation that shows the program to be wrong please share it.

The only problem I can see in the reasoning is the problem of induction, but you can't do any science without induction.

Not shit.  That is why I specifically said, at least twice now, that I made a mistake by saying populum instead of verecundiam.  Do you even read the threads that your respond to?  Perhaps you shills should network a little better together so that you don't make yourselves look like asses over accusing people of things that they already admitted to have made a mistake?  You people should practice like footballers so you can have a strong game instead of being renegades stepping on each others toes and making your whole squad look dumb. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2016, 09:16:23 AM »
Would it feel as great if I did the same thing for your posts?

Well, you've already admitted to going through all 28000 of jroa's in search of dirty linen, as has your Satanic sperg-lord 'Team Autism - Thought Police' pal 'disputeone' about all 5000 of mine...

So why don't you start a thread on it, eh?

Call it 'Butthurt OCD Stalking Bullshit Nobody Cares About', maybe?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2016, 09:18:09 AM »
Honestly, can we get back on topic?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2016, 09:29:32 AM »

It would appear to me that your people are the ones who drug this off topic, but go ahead and blame the flatties, like you always do.  ::)

« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2016, 10:10:34 AM »
It appears the picture I posted is the best I got from both cameras, so I have no more pictures worth showing.  Since it is obvious everyone was able to see the same thing, it does bring up the question of how the same view (Mercury and a very distinct sunspot placement) is visible from multiple directions if the sun is only 3,000 miles above a flat surface.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2016, 10:25:28 AM »

What, the 'topic' of a gang of brain-damaged thugs trolling one of the mods off the forum?

Sure, knock yourselves out!

But if you mean the 'topic' of explaining the similarities between the heliocentric model & phallocentric Sun-Worshipping Cults, then nah...

You ran away from that.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
It appears the picture I posted is the best I got from both cameras, so I have no more pictures worth showing.  Since it is obvious everyone was able to see the same thing, it does bring up the question of how the same view (Mercury and a very distinct sunspot placement) is visible from multiple directions if the sun is only 3,000 miles above a flat surface.

I think that you mean that you picked the best stock picks that your shill data had, but got creamed anyway.  Then, you say that something is obvious to everyone and everyone saw the same thing, yet you and one other shill is attempting to have claimed to have seen it.  You have got to be the lowest paid shill here. 

« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »

I think that you mean that you picked the best stock picks that your shill data had, but got creamed anyway.  Then, you say that something is obvious to everyone and everyone saw the same thing, yet you and one other shill is attempting to have claimed to have seen it.  You have got to be the lowest paid shill here.

Jroa, are you just having fun or are you genuinely denying that this event took place?

Whether you believe it is a planet or not, are you emphatically refusing to believe that a circular object passed over the disc of the sun at a predetermined time?

I know you love joking about "shills" and all that nonsense but let's be realistic now, you know that none of us are genuinely paid by anyone to be here. I reckon they'd pick better people and do a better job than we do.

I moved my shift later to observe as much as I could of the transit. My 4 year old daughter jumped on her trampoline while I used my home-made solar filter and my 5" reflector telescope and waited for the transit to start.

Exactly on cue, I saw the tiny black circle appear at the edge of the disc. I have a cradle which holds my phone over my eyepiece and I took pictures on my phone with a black cloth draped over to stop exterior light from glaring out my images. It's all pretty low-tech but lucky it doesn't need to cost a lot to do this kind of thing! I took hundreds of images but deleted loads that weren't as clear. I watched about half the transit before I had to go to work.

You'll no doubt ridicule this/ tell me I'm lying/ tell me how you don't need my life story, but I just wanted to explain how normal and unshill-like my life is to put to rest this nonsense of us being paid to lie!

It really happened, yes, not everybody saw it but a great many people did. You could have if you could have been bothered.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
My 4 year old daughter jumped on her trampoline while I used my home-made solar filter and my 5" reflector telescope and waited for the transit to start.

No.

Just no.

« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
My 4 year old daughter jumped on her trampoline while I used my home-made solar filter and my 5" reflector telescope and waited for the transit to start.

No.

Just no.

Do you have a problem with this?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »

Jroa, are you just having fun or are you genuinely denying that this event took place?

Whether you believe it is a planet or not, are you emphatically refusing to believe that a circular object passed over the disc of the sun at a predetermined time?

I know you love joking about "shills" and all that nonsense but let's be realistic now, you know that none of us are genuinely paid by anyone to be here. I reckon they'd pick better people and do a better job than we do.

I moved my shift later to observe as much as I could of the transit. My 4 year old daughter jumped on her trampoline while I used my home-made solar filter and my 5" reflector telescope and waited for the transit to start.

Exactly on cue, I saw the tiny black circle appear at the edge of the disc. I have a cradle which holds my phone over my eyepiece and I took pictures on my phone with a black cloth draped over to stop exterior light from glaring out my images. It's all pretty low-tech but lucky it doesn't need to cost a lot to do this kind of thing! I took hundreds of images but deleted loads that weren't as clear. I watched about half the transit before I had to go to work.

You'll no doubt ridicule this/ tell me I'm lying/ tell me how you don't need my life story, but I just wanted to explain how normal and unshill-like my life is to put to rest this nonsense of us being paid to lie!

It really happened, yes, not everybody saw it but a great many people did. You could have if you could have been bothered.

Sounds legit.  Tell us more.   

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »

No.

Just no.

Just stop.

« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2016, 02:28:26 PM »

No.

Just no.

Just stop.

Not unless you give me some reason that I should. Did I offend you in some way by the fact that I have a daughter?...

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2016, 02:39:05 PM »

No.

Just no.

Just stop.

Not unless you give me some reason that I should. Did I offend you in some way by the fact that I have a daughter?...

You offended me by being a mental-case talking mental-speak & making my flesh crawl in so doing.

Is that a good enough reason?

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:53 PM »

No.

Just no.

Just stop.

You offended me by being a mental-case talking mental-speak & making my flesh crawl in so doing.

Is that a good enough reason?

No,

What about what I said was "mental"?

And what made your "flesh crawl"?

The fact that you found a fairly mundane story "mental" suggests that you no doubt have some psychological instability yourself. Should I alert the authorities?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
Just stop.

« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2016, 02:54:29 PM »
Just stop.

No. If you don't like what I have to say then you can disappear. None of what you post means a damn thing anyway. You're just some nutjob with a chip on his shoulder. My post was aimed at Jroa so I will await his response and ignore yours.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
No-one normal writes shit like this:

That's the kind of shit that abnormal people write when they're trying to sound like normal people.

Which is why you make my flesh crawl.

You all do.

Because you're all abnormal people trying to sound like normal people.

And I wish you'd just stop.

Just.

Stop.

Cos you're fooling no-one.

« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »

That's the kind of shit that abnormal people write when they're trying to sound like normal people.

You all do.

Just.

Stop.

Ok you weird paranoid schizophrenic lunatic. Here is a picture from that very day.

Let me guess this is a "stock" or "fake" image?

You're seriously insane

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2016, 03:22:23 PM »
You're seriously full of shit.

Stop posting your CP here.

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
You're seriously full of shit.

Stop posting your CP here.

Wtf is CP?

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2016, 03:31:02 PM »

You all do.

Just.

Stop.

Ok you weird paranoid schizophrenic lunatic. Here is a picture from that very day.

You're seriously insane

Booom!     I was kinda waiting for that. led him right up the garden path. well done!

Nice telescope.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:33:40 PM by getrealzommb »

« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »

You all do.

Just.

Stop.

You're seriously insane

Booom!     I was kinda waiting for that. led him right up the garden path. well done!

Nice telescope.

Man the Internet is full of proper bat shit crazy people. Never ceases to amaze me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2016, 03:38:45 PM »
Wtf is CP?

Wtf is that shit you posted?

Stop trying to be normal & go find a forum that cares about your nonsense.

I suggest JREF.

Booom!

Hi Rayzor!

Nice telescope.

Bet you say that to all the boys...

You & Rich will get on nicely at JREF.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:33 PM »

You all do.

Just.

Stop.

You're seriously insane

Nice telescope.

Man the Internet is full of proper bat shit crazy people. Never ceases to amaze me.

Uh hu, and this place attracts them in droves. I love to watch the train wrecks.

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2016, 03:46:05 PM »
Wtf is CP?

Wtf is that shit you posted?

That's a picture of the real world...a place that you clearly have no experience of.

It is proof that my story is factual and therefore that my pictures are genuine...which actually relates to the topic, unlike any of the drivel you post.

You, apparently, are a brainless troll with no life