Transit of Mercury

• 230 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: Transit of Mercury
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2016, 03:52:10 AM »
Greeks and Egyptians had different concepts, when they spoke of Helios or Ra, but they meant thje same thing.

Oxymoron much?

*Yawn!*

Is this the kinda crap you were talking about when you said you 'could teach me'?

If so I am unimpressed.

You cannot even 'teach me' how to spell the word 'the'...
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2016, 04:54:53 AM »
Now back to what you were about to say about me being Greek.

I wasn't about to say anything.

I just wanted the information.

Now I have it.

Thank you.

I also have the information that you are terrified of attempting to justify your belief that tiny dots in the sky prove a single thing about the nature of the earth beneath our feet.

Thank you for that too.

Why the hell did you want the information??

Also, if by "justifying your belief that dots in the sky blah blah blah" you mean repeating every second post I make the same stuff I already said and you ignored, then no, I'm not terrified to do that, it's just that they were right the first time. Repeating them is a waste of time.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2016, 05:54:43 AM »

For the lulz.

Also, if by "justifying your belief that dots in the sky blah blah blah" you mean repeating every second post I make the same stuff I already said and you ignored, then no, I'm not terrified to do that, it's just that they were right the first time. Repeating them is a waste of time.

So you are also fluent in Gibberish.

Thank you for that information.

Pezevenk

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2016, 06:47:50 AM »

For the lulz.

Well, maybe you're not fluent in English, because it's not gibberish.

Also, I find it concerning that you think me being Greek is funny. I mean, I know 4 year olds find everything funny, but not to that extent.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2016, 08:41:04 AM »

For the lulz.

Also, I find it concerning that you think me being Greek is funny. I mean, I know 4 year olds find everything funny, but not to that extent.
He's not going to grow up, why are you still here
Quote from: jroa
Wow, great non-response
Quote from: disputeone
I don't understand females but am still pretty sure they exist.
Quote from: markjo
Your first mistake was to presume there would be an academic debate anywhere on this forum.

Pezevenk

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2016, 08:43:06 AM »

For the lulz.

He's not going to grow up, why are you still here

Because he amuses me, but because we've veered off too far, perhaps you are right. I should stop paying attention to him.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »
it's not gibberish.

It is.

In fact it is a Masterpiece of the Gibberish art.

Because he amuses me

^A thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has said to me repeatedly already.

I should stop paying attention to him.

^Another thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has vowed to do but failed at due to being shit at their shit trade.

Pezevenk

« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
it's not gibberish.

It is.

In fact it is a Masterpiece of the Gibberish art.

Because he amuses me

^A thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has said to me repeatedly already.

I should stop paying attention to him.

^Another thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has vowed to do but failed at due to being shit at their shit trade.

"^A thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has said to me repeatedly already."

What can we say, you are amusing.

"^Another thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has vowed to do but failed at due to being shit at their shit trade."

No, we failed because we are amused by you.

Maybe the amusement has gone too far this time, bye.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
"^Another thing that every butthurt & beaten shill & troll here, ever, has vowed to do but failed at due to being shit at their shit trade."

No, we failed because we are amused by you.

^Admits he is a shill & a troll whilst failing to conceal immense butthurt at being played like a set of bongos.

« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »
Hi guys I'm new to your fourm but a true believer in the flat earth and the lies that our government is trying to cover up!!! I have been researching religions,history the real history not the one the government made for us and also I'm tracking the history of the phonecians and cults like the Freemason's that pollute the truth and history thank you for any usefull knowledge that you can share and I hope for helpful conversion in the future!!!

Pezevenk

« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »
Hi guys I'm new to your fourm but a true believer in the flat earth and the lies that our government is trying to cover up!!! I have been researching religions,history the real history not the one the government made for us and also I'm tracking the history of the phonecians and cults like the Freemason's that pollute the truth and history thank you for any usefull knowledge that you can share and I hope for helpful conversion in the future!!!

I'm a bit confused by your post, it's a bit off topic... Anyway, welcome to this weird, weird forum.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
Is there no end to you bloody madmen?

« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

What are you talking about?! Mercury transits the sun in about 5hours.
I watched most of it. Here is an image from about an hour later...

Notice how the same sunspot is present...which wouldn't be if these were taken on different days. Check the exif data if you don't believe me...
Is that another stock image that you are trying to present as an actual experiment?  Will NASA ever run out of computer generated images for you people to use in order to try to prove the shape of the Earth?  Will you people ever stop saying that you can determine the shape of the Earth by looking at the sky?
First off, if you load Stellarium (actually do something), you can see how the Mercury transit would have happened if you looked today (actually did something). Of course, no FEer is going to do this as it might burst their bubble. From my location in Denver, CO, the transit started around 06:55 (sunrise) and ended at 12:40 (approx 6 hrs later, so no, the pictures did not have to happen a week apart or some other dribble). BTW, Stellarium is doing the math from whatever location you put into it so we don't have to redo it. Why should anyone waste their time on your disbelief. Why don't you do the math and prove them wrong since you dispute the images and transit.

Second, as you and other FEers don't do astronomy or really know Astronomy 101, I expect nothing of importance from what you have to say about anything concerning astronomy - images, photographs, whatever - just screaming "fake" and "lalala" holding your ears. I know reality really sucks for FEers and their fantasies.

Third, for anyone who actually uses a telescope, your statements are quite ignorant. Aligning telescopes to track the sky, that has been done for decades, definitely determines the shape of the Earth. The mounts being aligned - corresponding the latitude of the observer AND pointing at the N/S Celestial Poles AND parallel to the Earth/Sky rotation - definitely and definitively demonstrate the Earth is spherical and definitely and definitively not FLAT. There is only one shape that I know of that has these properties simultaneously - a sphere. If you are too ignorant for that, oh well. Keep saying YOU can't determine the shape of the Earth from the sky (of course YOU can't because you won't even try. If you say it a couple thousand times it will be just as wrong as the first time you said it).

It would be of interest, if any FEer can actually explain how an equatorially mounted telescope even works on a FE (they work in reality - the real world - as evidenced by observatories and people who actually own one).

So jroa, go on with your FE fantasy that has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality - our world. Enlighten us.

I have Stellarium.  Did it ever occur to you that the software was programmed by a group or entity that could code it anyway that they want to?  Did it occur to you that NASA has programmers employed by them?  I suppose that anything that Stellarium says must be the absolute truth, just like what ever the satanists at NASA say, right?
Shame no one can check the source code to see if it uses the FEM or GEM in the calculations.

http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_get_Stellarium's_source_code

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »
Looks to me that weeks have passed between the two images.  I suppose you are going to claim that you took both pictures this morning?  ::)

Well yes actually along with about 20 others. Would you like all 20 of them? What makes you think that weeks have passed between images?...

The little dot is very close to the edge of the sun in one photo and very far from the edge in the other.  Do I need to do the math in order to tell you how many tenths of a degree Mercury moves in relation to the sun per day, or are you going to just admit that you did not take both pictures at the same time?

Notice how the same sunspot is present...which wouldn't be if these were taken on different days. Check the exif data if you don't believe me...
Is that another stock image that you are trying to present as an actual experiment?  Will NASA ever run out of computer generated images for you people to use in order to try to prove the shape of the Earth?  Will you people ever stop saying that you can determine the shape of the Earth by looking at the sky?
First off, if you load Stellarium (actually do something), you can see how the Mercury transit would have happened if you looked today (actually did something). Of course, no FEer is going to do this as it might burst their bubble. From my location in Denver, CO, the transit started around 06:55 (sunrise) and ended at 12:40 (approx 6 hrs later, so no, the pictures did not have to happen a week apart or some other dribble). BTW, Stellarium is doing the math from whatever location you put into it so we don't have to redo it. Why should anyone waste their time on your disbelief. Why don't you do the math and prove them wrong since you dispute the images and transit.

Second, as you and other FEers don't do astronomy or really know Astronomy 101, I expect nothing of importance from what you have to say about anything concerning astronomy - images, photographs, whatever - just screaming "fake" and "lalala" holding your ears. I know reality really sucks for FEers and their fantasies.

Third, for anyone who actually uses a telescope, your statements are quite ignorant. Aligning telescopes to track the sky, that has been done for decades, definitely determines the shape of the Earth. The mounts being aligned - corresponding the latitude of the observer AND pointing at the N/S Celestial Poles AND parallel to the Earth/Sky rotation - definitely and definitively demonstrate the Earth is spherical and definitely and definitively not FLAT. There is only one shape that I know of that has these properties simultaneously - a sphere. If you are too ignorant for that, oh well. Keep saying YOU can't determine the shape of the Earth from the sky (of course YOU can't because you won't even try. If you say it a couple thousand times it will be just as wrong as the first time you said it).

It would be of interest, if any FEer can actually explain how an equatorially mounted telescope even works on a FE (they work in reality - the real world - as evidenced by observatories and people who actually own one).

So jroa, go on with your FE fantasy that has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality - our world. Enlighten us.

I have Stellarium.  Did it ever occur to you that the software was programmed by a group or entity that could code it anyway that they want to?  Did it occur to you that NASA has programmers employed by them?  I suppose that anything that Stellarium says must be the absolute truth, just like what ever the satanists at NASA say, right?
Shame no one can check the source code to see if it uses the FEM or GEM in the calculations.

Oh, great!  So you are going to check the source code and then compare it to every celestial observation that was ever made across the whole Earth!  Thank you and see you in 500 years, dummy.  ::)

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2016, 02:12:44 AM »
If I was going to check the source code I would see if it worked by putting the stars in a rotating sphere around the earth (which is how it would work if it used the round earth model in calculations), or if it secretly puts the stars on a rotating disk to calculate where they will be in the future (which it would have to do to get correct results if the flat earth model was correct).
But there is no point in me checking, you would just say I'm lying if I told you I checked it.

Pezevenk

« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2016, 01:12:15 AM »

Oh, great!  So you are going to check the source code and then compare it to every celestial observation that was ever made across the whole Earth!  Thank you and see you in 500 years, dummy.  ::)

Oh, that would not be needed. Seeing as thousands of amateur astronomers and stargazers use it all the time, and none of them has reported something wrong with it, I would guess it's rather accurate. If you can show anyone an inconsistency of Stellarium with your observations, do it.

By the way, what happened to the other you, 5 years ago?

"I am an atheist and believe in a round Earth.  If other atheists or non-atheists believe that the Earth is flat, I would like to hear their views.  Most of the members for this forum are trolls, in my opinion, and are not debating for their religious beliefs."

What happened jroa? Look at your posts a few years ago, AND LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE NOW!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2016, 01:23:30 AM »

"I am an atheist and believe in a round Earth.  If other atheists or non-atheists believe that the Earth is flat, I would like to hear their views.  Most of the members for this forum are trolls, in my opinion, and are not debating for their religious beliefs."

What happened jroa?

He changed his mind, became a mod, then got the shit stalked outa him by sperg-lords like you for it would seem to be a logical answer?

But I'll let him fill in the details...

Which you will then probably harass & stalk him for providing, as your autism knows no bounds.

Pezevenk

« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2016, 04:12:12 AM »

What happened jroa?

He changed his mind, became a mod, then got the shit stalked outa him by sperg-lords like you for it would seem to be a logical answer?

But I'll let him fill in the details...

Which you will then probably harass & stalk him for providing, as your autism knows no bounds.

Or maybe he is just trolling. You have to do something more than a complete reversal of your opinion to go from this to his current signature. Only a nut would do such a thing. Have you thought that maybe he had some sort of a traumatic experience or his paranoia was triggered somehow? You see, it's very common for people to randomly start thinking that everybody is watching them or some shit like that.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2016, 04:40:18 AM »
I have no idea what you are talking about.

You seem a very confused & angry person.

Because the idea that someone can change their opinion does not seem at all unusual to normal, mentally-healthy people.

Autistic people, however, are notorious for their inability to cope with change...

Perhaps this forum is not for you?

Pezevenk

« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2016, 05:28:12 AM »

Because the idea that someone can change their opinion does not seem at all unusual to normal, mentally-healthy people.

Autistic people, however, are notorious for their inability to cope with change...

It's one thing to change your opinion, and a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING to undergo a complete 180 reversal of your beliefs about so many fundamental things within less than 5 years while being an adult who I think has claimed he has already had children. It's crazy, and does not sound healthy at all.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2016, 05:32:07 AM »
the idea that someone can change their opinion does not seem at all unusual to normal, mentally-healthy people.

You are unqualified to make this statement.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04:23 AM »
You two come as a little sperg-lord tag-team do you?

A Dark, Satanic sperg-lord tag-team even?

Meh.

I didn't read your autistic drivel, so I hope you had fun writing it, whatever the fuck it was...

Pezevenk

« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2016, 07:55:14 AM »
You two come as a little sperg-lord tag-team do you?

A Dark, Satanic sperg-lord tag-team even?

Meh.

I didn't read your autistic drivel, so I hope you had fun writing it, whatever the fuck it was...

What the fuck does sperglord even mean? Is it something along the lines of shill/satanist/disinfo troll or is it some idiotic offensive/inappropriately used term in the lines of "autist"? How old are you, 12? Get a life, you toolbox...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »

Oh, that would not be needed. Seeing as thousands of amateur astronomers and stargazers use it all the time, and none of them has reported something wrong with it, I would guess it's rather accurate. If you can show anyone an inconsistency of Stellarium with your observations, do it.

What happened jroa? Look at your posts a few years ago, AND LOOK AT YOUR SIGNATURE NOW!

Argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad numerum.  Also, argumentum ad hominem.  Perhaps you could, eventually, make an argument that is not a logical fallacy?  That would be great.  Please work on it. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »

It's one thing to change your opinion, and a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING to undergo a complete 180 reversal of your beliefs about so many fundamental things within less than 5 years while being an adult who I think has claimed he has already had children. It's crazy, and does not sound healthy at all.

Tell that to your local politicians.  Oh, you probably think they never completely change their stance on a subject as well, right?  ::)

Pezevenk

« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2016, 08:09:08 AM »

Argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad numerum.  Also, argumentum ad hominem.  Perhaps you could, eventually, make an argument that is not a logical fallacy?  That would be great.  Please work on it.

Do you feel smarter that you threw around a bunch of terms in Latin? Yeah, it must feel great to Google "list of fallacies". Would it feel as great if I did the same thing for your posts? Trust me, you wouldn't like it.

I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers who somehow have never reported such a major error (and no, that's not argumentum ad populum, if at least you understood what you read you would know what this fallacy meant and when you can apply it, also that it's the same thing as argumentum ad numerum), and you make the claim that there is something wrong with it, you haven't provided any evidence.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2016, 08:10:10 AM »

Tell that to your local politicians.  Oh, you probably think they never completely change their stance on a subject as well, right?  ::)

I never said those fuckers were healthy.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »

Do you feel smarter that you threw around a bunch of terms in Latin? Yeah, it must feel great to Google "list of fallacies". Would it feel as great if I did the same thing for your posts? Trust me, you wouldn't like it.

I also think you forgot that even though we have all those thousands of astronomers who somehow have never reported such a major error (and no, that's not argumentum ad populum, if at least you understood what you read you would know what this fallacy meant and when you can apply it, also that it's the same thing as argumentum ad numerum), and you make the claim that there is something wrong with it, you haven't provided any evidence.

I suppose I meant argumentum ad verecundiam.  I am sorry that all of your fallacies blend together to me.  Also, no, argumentum ad populum is not the exact same thing as argumentum ad numberum, even though they are related. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2016, 08:20:57 AM »

My girl friend seems to change here mind dozens of times per day.  You are harping on me because I changed my mind once after years of research.  Is this the last ditch tactic that your shill team has chosen?  Seems like a Kamikaze attack to me. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »

My girl friend seems to change here mind dozens of times per day.  You are harping on me because I changed my mind once after years of research.  Is this the last ditch tactic that your shill team has chosen?  Seems like a Kamikaze attack to me.

It's one thing to change your mind about trivial stuff, and another to go from:
1) Believing the Earth is round
2) Passionately arguing against FE
3) Being an atheist
To:
1) Well, I guess your signature sums it up. By the way, do I even have to point out how fallacious it is?
And all that while being an adult! I only know of one person who as an adult underwent a change even close to this (he was an atheist and now he is religious and a creationist), but even there, a traumatic experience was involved! When exactly did you change your mind?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)