Asking questions about technology

• 13 Replies

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
Asking questions about technology
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
OK, guys, this is what happens when you ask sincere questions about technology in "Technology, Science & Alt Science" on this forum!
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66603.0
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64277.0
I guarantee you that something similar happens if you ask a sincere question about other sciences or even alternative science.
How do you think we can make that board slightly more useful?
A former Flat Earther.
This is my story, which I'd encourage every Flat Earther to read:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67051.0

AstronomyMaster

• Anti-NASA is anti-science.
Re: Asking questions about technology
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:04:51 AM »
How do you think we can make that board slightly more useful?
How about that you, FlatEarthDenial, stop asking stupid questions? Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin B12, that is necessary for the normal cognitive functions, by the way.
The burden of proof is defined relatively to the current scientific consensus, not relatively to the beliefs of the uneducated people like the Flat Earthers!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:13:18 AM »
Stop trying to debate FET in that forum, IMO!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:46:21 AM »
How about that you, FlatEarthDenial, stop asking stupid questions?
Then prove that they are stupid by answering them or showing that they are nonsocial.
Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin B12, that is necessary for the normal cognitive functions, by the way.
Well, since the best source of vitamin B12 is milk and not meat, I don't think I should be concerned any more than you should.
Stop trying to debate FET in that forum, IMO!
I agree with you on that. And I am still not getting the answers. And I wasn't even trying to debate FET, I just said that it was weird that you can't discuss technology on the FES forum (because everyone talks about GPS here).
A former Flat Earther.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
You can't expect a relativelly unknown forum like this to have all the answers on all of the topics. I do know a bit about those topics, and had I sawn the thread before I might have added a couple suggestions (Hell, I'm designing my own language), but you can't EXPECT any kind of answer. Computer Science and conspiracy forums do not necesarilly intersect.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:41:02 AM »
You can't expect a relativelly unknown forum like this to have all the answers on all of the topics. I do know a bit about those topics, and had I sawn the thread before I might have added a couple suggestions (Hell, I'm designing my own language), but you can't EXPECT any kind of answer. Computer Science and conspiracy forums do not necesarilly intersect.
Our forums are known world wide. We've been mentioned in Academic Studies, Books, and Press. I don't know of any other forum with such wide reach. Furthermore I'm an expert in Computer Science. Other forums are run by people who don't understand basic principles like 'Security by Obscurity' and 'Depth in Defense'.

The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
Our forums are known world wide. We've been mentioned in Academic Studies, Books, and Press. I don't know of any other forum with such wide reach. Furthermore I'm an expert in Computer Science. Other forums are run by people who don't understand basic principles like 'Security by Obscurity' and 'Depth in Defense'.

John, your game is going down and down. I liked the hermetical theorist, Guinness chugging world-traveler John more.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

AstronomyMaster

• Anti-NASA is anti-science.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
Quote from: FlatEarthDenial
And I wasn't even trying to debate FET, I just said that it was weird that you can't discuss technology on the FES forum (because everyone talks about GPS here).
You said:
Quote from: FlatEarthDenial
Any sensical answer? Seriously, RE-ers! When you debate about the GPS you all pretend to be ICT experts, but apparently nobody on this forum has experience with debuggers?!
You picked the wrong side, and now you are just lying to save your face. RE-ers on this forum don't have to be ICT experts, they don't disagree with the scientific consensus. FE-ers do, and all of them should be experts in something related to the field in order to be allowed to claim something that's contrary to the scientific consensus. And the burden of proof still, unless they convince the vast majority of other experts, lies on them. One scientist is always more likely to be wrong than the scientific consensus is, and, chances are, none of the FE-ers are even scientists.
And if everyone on this forum considers you stupid, and, as far as I have seen, they do, you likely are stupid.
The burden of proof is defined relatively to the current scientific consensus, not relatively to the beliefs of the uneducated people like the Flat Earthers!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 02:01:41 PM »
I like picnics.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »

John, your game is going down and down. I liked the hermetical theorist, Guinness chugging world-traveler John more.
Truth is no game.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
Well, first FLATEARTH was a vegan FEer, then he was a vegan REer, then he said he was never a vegan. The dude has no credibility left. Unfortunately, I can't spend more than a few minute here for the next few days, but that's my take.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:48:54 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
Well, first FLATEARTH was a vegan FEer, then he was a vegan REer, then he said he was never a vegan. The dude has no credibility left. Unfortunately, I can't spend more than a few minute here for the next few days, but that's my take.

Are you talking about that FlatEarthDenial guy?  You actually believed he was a flat Earther?  Are you 12 years old? 

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »
I like picnics.

Here ya go,have a treat for being a good bot.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 08:17:02 AM »
I do know a bit about those topics, and had I sawn the thread before I might have added a couple suggestions (Hell, I'm designing my own language).
Thanks! Could you also answer my question about disassemblers?
Computer Science and conspiracy forums do not necesarilly intersect.
Well, shape of the Earth and computer science are related, aren't they?
You picked the wrong side
Well, I didn't know how many people wold have to be in a conspiracy if the Earth were flat (that is, how many people are directly involved in the space exploration). I didn't know that the arguments made by FE-ers are so easily refuted. I didn't realize just how many problems the FET has. From what I used to know back then, I picked the side that's obviously right.
An alleged historian who doesn't know about the Balkan wars is going to talk about credibility? That's rich. And what the hell does helping with the technology have to do with credibility?
Are you talking about that FlatEarthDenial guy?  You actually believed he was a flat Earther?  Are you 12 years old?
And you aren't a FE-er either. You claimed that the ships disappearing beyond the horizon is caused by the waves. If you believed in FET, you would think of something way better.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:52:19 AM by FlatEarthDenial »
A former Flat Earther.