• 264 Replies

Symptom

• Bash The Fash
Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 05:41:34 PM »

Please use the term understood by the majority, ORBISIMS.
Except I'm not talking specifically about shrimp-like Lunas, I'm talking about Lunas. Thus, the more generic, and non-derogatory, term is appropriate.
Many other causes exist for light to be polarised, including reflection. Thus evidencing moonlight to simply be reflected sunlight.
We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime, spoiling of food, increase in germ activity, blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.
Let's go through your references in order: crime - suggests higher incidence of crime at full moon but does not in any way suggest it is down to the moonlight, rather that it's down to the moon's gravitational pull. The research was carried out in a part of the world where it would frequently be completely overcast during the night of the full moon, however this did not seem to affect the results, again damaging the idea that it's the light that is responsible. Spoiling of food/germ activity - you present two links to the same article, an article published in a newspaper in 1914! An account of a single, poorly controlled, poorly documented experiment which it would be ridiculous to base any conclusions on. Blindness - where's your reference?
Have you not ever heard "Oh boy, its a full moon. The crazies are going to be out!" Even common day experience will show this to be the case. And yet again, the typical globularist rests his convictions on his religion - "its the magical unknown force of gravity that is to blame!" Pray tell, how does gravity affect the minds of folks, like you and me? Where is the citation for that?  Why are astronauts not foaming at the teeth from this so called gravitational madness given off by magic time travelling particles from the moon?

Blindness and Food spoiling. This has been shown by Rowbotham himself in his treatise Earth Not A Globe in which he also evidences planar warming beyond the doubt of any rational reader. I believe he cites Plutarch's On the Face on the Orb of the Moon to establish that fish rot when left out overnight in moonlight. I would not be surprised if it was contained in the work of the Ancients as well. It is expected of all good forum goers (especially those so interested in the naming of our work!) to at least be aware of what is contained in the greatest work of the century. How can even you, a dupe of the Globularist regime, hope to defeat us if you don't know the first thing about Zetetic Astronomy! It would be as if I attempted to critique classic art having no idea of Artists, Movements, or Styles of the times in question. It would be certain to fail. Once you have read it, it will become clear to you that the "'Why's and 'Because's" simply don't add up.

If this is too much, there is a stickied thread at the top of the forum providing edification on the topic.
You do realise that if you wear polarising sunglasses, ALL the light reaching your eyes will be polarised, meaning that you are advocating making things more dangerous for yourself rather than safer?

This is pure comedy gold, I'll give you points for that.
Perhaps you won't be considering it comedy when you must use a stick to see and post here using a screen reader! It is clear that it is not *all* polarized light that is bad, just that from the moon. Our poor Luna friends have no idea the harm they are causing us.

It will filter out the bad moonlight and allow in only harmless polarized light. I hope for your safety and well being that you take heed to my warning and next time you go out at night, make sure to grab those shades.

You truly are ridiculous. You're also taking lessons from Sandokhan in how to compose long posts which say virtually nothing.
I'll begin with ORBISIMS versus Lunas: ORBISIMS is the general term for ALL prospective bioluminescent lunar lifeforms, as voted on by the majority of forum users. It is not specific to any subcategory as you imply - in fact that was made very clear indeed in the poll thread to select a name. I suggest you go back and read it.

Now I shall move on to the single cotton thread you are clinging to over the precipice of absent research: Rowbotham. You probably ought to know that I have a copy of Earth Not A Globe in my possession. You probably also ought to be aware - if you have read his works - that you support a number of ideas directly in contradiction to what Rowbotham says in the book, mostly with reference to celestial phenomena in the southern hemisphere. As someone who has been almost to Antarctica before the robot penguins turned you away, I'm sure you made your own zetetic observations - in fact, I'm pretty sure you have mentioned noting the hours of daylight on this expedition.
The crux of the matter here is that a huge quantity of what Rowbotham writes is donkey balls. His chapter on objects in motion is hysterically wrong. His claims that ships beyond the horizon can be restored with a powerful telescope has no basis in fact and cannot be demonstrated. He advocates the zetetic method but his "proof" is always presented as third hand anecdotes from someone else who supposedly went somewhere and saw something. If you are going to say "it's true because Rowbotham wrote it" you might as well say "it's true because it's in the Old Testament."
So Rowbotham cites Plutarch? Not only a source from 2000 years ago, but one who is well known for fabricating and embroidering the truth in his biographical works. However, if you've read the particular work by Plutarch which Rowbotham cites, you'd know that Plutarch and his contemporaries all accepted that the moon was lit by the sun. So to use Plutarch for backup whilst proclaiming the existence of ORBISIMS is kind of hypocritical, don't you agree?

Moon blindness: absolutely nothing to do with the moon. This disease of horses is named thus because it often recurs at regular intervals, however, these intervals bear no relation to moon phases. Do you think we're all too dumb to use Google? You do know I work for them, right?

A citation for gravity? Good grief, man, it's suggested in the abstract of the article you have provided to back up your own statement that crime goes up at full moon! Perhaps you should be more careful to read the references you're picking?
Furthermore, "it is commonly said" is not proof or even evidence of anything. in the 1600's it was "commonly said" that you could cook an egg by whirling it round your head on a string. Even today, it is "commonly said" that swans can break people's arms. It is "commonly said" that if you leave a tooth in a glass of cola overnight, it will completely dissolve. There's hardly a noticeable amount of "crazies" coming out when the moon is full, and although research suggests it does influence the mentally ill, there is no evidence to suggest it's because of the light. None whatsoever. Feel free to provide a reference to prove me wrong, although I will insist it be less than 100 years old.

Lastly, I do love the funny warning. Let's see who goes blind first, Mr Scientist.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »
Master, you seem to have gotten the stupid fat hobbits into a frenzy.   I wonder why they get so mad when people try to take the preciousss? 
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
After a little research I have a discovered that the moons light is not very polarized at all.

In fact the most the linearly polarized light gets to is 8.7% of the overall light reflected, this is reached on the second day of the forth quarter.  The Full moon and its atmospheric glow are completely non polarized. The new moon is obviously also non polarized so is the reflected  light 3 days prior and aft of it .

So some questions for you to ponder......

Whats most harmful, vertically polarized or horizontal?
So can Mr. Davis Explain how moonshramp can adjust the polarized light they output to correspond with the phases of the moon?
Do we believe that if polarized light is harmful; a mere 8.7% of the overall moon light of a quarter moon is enough to cause a problem?
Do you believe light polarization is the cause of increased crime, lunacy and other strange phenonenon?  Why, when the apparent increase with the full moon occurs, the moons light is 0% polarized?
should I be wary of anyone leaving a 3D cinema?
Should i be wary of anyone who has been at sea or on the beach for the day? after all reflections from water are highly polarized.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-662-09387-0_8#page-1
(at the link, click look inside to see the relevant info.)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:41:15 PM by getrealzommb »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 06:35:50 PM »
Wow, John, you seem to have gotten the dog pack into a frenzy.   I wonder why they get so mad when people do actual research?
You seem to have a much different idea of "actual research" than the mainstream scientific community.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 06:52:44 AM »
What's more dangerous: moonlight, or wearing dark glasses at night? Eye damage or trip hazard?  ;D

I think Mr Davis has let the mask slip, revealing the troll beneath. He's realised his "scientific" disguise is in tatters of late so it is probably a deliberate move.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
What's more dangerous: moonlight, or wearing dark glasses at night? Eye damage or trip hazard?  ;D

I think Mr Davis has let the mask slip, revealing the troll beneath. He's realised his "scientific" disguise is in tatters of late so it is probably a deliberate move.

Obviously you'd have to wear the ones with yellow lenses at night!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DanneJeRusse

• Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized. It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans. Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized...

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses."

Uh, if you're saying "polarized" light is dangerous, why would you advocate glasses that "polarized" light? Isn't that a contradiction.

Of course, when I take out my telescope to view the moon, I must use a polarized filter, depending on how much of the moon's surface is being reflected, as the eyepieces increase glare of the brightness of the reflected light. The one I use is adjustable, spinning it in any given direction blocks more or less light.

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized. It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans. Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized...

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses."

Uh, if you're saying "polarized" light is dangerous, why would you advocate glasses that "polarized" light? Isn't that a contradiction.

Of course, when I take out my telescope to view the moon, I must use a polarized filter, depending on how much of the moon's surface is being reflected, as the eyepieces increase glare of the brightness of the reflected light. The one I use is adjustable, spinning it in any given direction blocks more or less light.

The whole "moonlight is dangerous" thing is one of the massive in-jokes of the FE trolls. He just didn't think this through before posting his advice.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 01:05:56 PM »

The whole "moonlight is dangerous" thing is one of the massive in-jokes of the FE trolls. He just didn't think this through before posting his advice.

And you just can't stand to see a thread about it, you bummy? 

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 01:08:20 PM »

Au contraire, Gollum, I like seeing things like that because they're so incredibly easy to shoot down.
You're just annoyed because nobody will give you your preciousss back.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »

Au contraire, Gollum, I like seeing things like that because they're so incredibly easy to shoot down.
You're just annoyed because nobody will give you your preciousss back.

Pow pow pow.  Neil is shooting things down.  Hide the ladies and children from the retard attack.  Lol

DanneJeRusse

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »

Did I then get suckered into the joke?

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
Some animals are more active during a full moon and do not worry about how the direction the light enters their eye's and/or illuminate their bodies.

"Communication patterns, for example, change with increased light availability at night for certain species of birds. Eagle owls use white throat feathers to communicate with other birds at night, and tend to increase this activity during nights surrounding the full moon when their feathers are more visible. Other owls, on the other hand, avoid activity during full moons, a behavior that scientists think helps them avoid predators."

"Doodlebugs — the larvae of dragonfly-like insects called antlions — actually dig larger holes for trapping insect prey during full moons. This changed behavior may be the result of their insect prey becoming more active under the light of the full moon, making the extra effort of digging larger holes pay off."

"Research has shown that lions consume less food during moonlit nights, possibly because prey is less active during these times."

"Bats, such as this vampire bat, tend to decrease their activity during nights when the moon is bright. “The reduction in activity probably reflects predation avoidance,” Kronfeld-Schor explained. The bats would simply be more visible to predators. On islands where bats have few predators, nocturnal species come out in force, as usual, at night"

Nightjars, which are insect-loving birds, increase their bug chomping on bright moonlit nights. They also “avoid activity on dark nights,

Some animals, such as spiny mice, reduce or increase their body temperature in response to moonlight levels. “Common spiny mice (Acomys cahirinus) reduce activity and body temperature, and aggressive intra-specific encounters are higher in response to light at night,” Kronfeld-Schor said. “Moreover, during full moon nights, their foraging activity is lower.” 

Just want to point out lowering of body temperature to save calories as a survival mechanism is not that uncommon and occurs during full and new moons depending on the species.

"The moon is like nature’s flashlight for nocturnal predators such as the aye-aye. The aye-aye is a type of lemur native to Madagascar. Primates that are normally active during the night will actually shift their entire daily schedule in response to lunar movements. During new moon periods, for example, these primates may become fully diurnal (activity during the day), “compensating for the lack of nocturnal activity,” Kronfeld-Schor said."

Seems activity may be a result of common survival behaviors.  I can find more examples of animals either being more active or less active.
Excellent work! The idea underlying my post, left unstated, was that predators are more likely to hunt more during the full moon as they pray on weakened prey. Prey conversely, will defensively act due to their weakened state caused by lunar biodegeneration through polarized light.

Some of your points however are patently wrong. Owls avoid activity during full moons to avoid predators? Owls are hardly prayed on at all, except the occasional feline or human. Lions most certainly hunt more during the full moon. Bats avoid activity the same reason we avoid looking at the sun. It would hurt their sensory organs to do otherwise.

It doesn't surprise me that doodlebugs become more active under the moon. We would expect some species to have adapted to moon and insects seem to have adapted to this more than any other kingdom. It is again no wonder that the primate, sharing some characteristics with humans, would also be prone to the madness and sleeplessness of the moon.

The idea that animals would have survival behaviors to cater to the dangers of the moon seems very obvious and evidencing that the moon is in fact harmful to life itself. That violence would increase in predatory creatures only serves to support and evidence that the moon is dangerous.

Did you know the dung beatle has developed a natural response to the polarized light from the moon?! He uses it to move his dung balls in a straight line - not a curved one!

Yes yes, we know Neil. Everybody here is a troll except for the guy with a full grown man in a dinosaur suit as his avatar. The dangers of moonlight are far worse than just eye damage. You could lose your sanity itself!

After a little research I have a discovered that the moons light is not very polarized at all.

In fact the most the linearly polarized light gets to is 8.7% of the overall light reflected, this is reached on the second day of the forth quarter.  The Full moon and its atmospheric glow are completely non polarized. The new moon is obviously also non polarized so is the reflected  light 3 days prior and aft of it .

So some questions for you to ponder......

Whats most harmful, vertically polarized or horizontal?
So can Mr. Davis Explain how moonshramp can adjust the polarized light they output to correspond with the phases of the moon?
Do we believe that if polarized light is harmful; a mere 8.7% of the overall moon light of a quarter moon is enough to cause a problem?
Do you believe light polarization is the cause of increased crime, lunacy and other strange phenonenon?  Why, when the apparent increase with the full moon occurs, the moons light is 0% polarized?
should I be wary of anyone leaving a 3D cinema?
Should i be wary of anyone who has been at sea or on the beach for the day? after all reflections from water are highly polarized.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-662-09387-0_8#page-1
(at the link, click look inside to see the relevant info.)

A very interesting article indeed. I will quote a passage from it:
At full Moon, in extended regions of the sky around the Moon and anti-Moon,

Aha so it is a zetetic paper! Good job at finding this mate. 

The issue with the study linked, and other studies similar to it that I've found, is that the controlled case is that of the day. As anybody will tell you, sometimes the moon is out and visible during the day! It is no wonder that it would match daylight polarization given it is out during the daylight and shining at FULL FORCE. 

Hardly a suitable control at all. If they are right despite their grave errors, all the more reason to wear polarized glasses during its stay in our night sky. If they are right they have also proven the earth flat, as all reflected light has some polarization. If the full moon supposedly has none, then it is clear that the light from it is not reflected light and thus the globular model falls like a jenga tower.'

The bacteria on the moon undergoes a regular life cycle that corresponds (and causes!) the phases of the moon. Due to the low level of outside influences on the moon, this is extremely regular.

Now, I would not be particularly wary of those leaving a 3d cinema, been at the beach, and so on. Aside from it only affecting a portion of the population, there is the main point - we know the polarization from the moon is dangerous, we don't know ALL polarization is dangerous. However to be safe, if you cared about the movie goers you should hand out sunglasses to wear over their 3d glasses.

Please use the term understood by the majority, ORBISIMS.
Except I'm not talking specifically about shrimp-like Lunas, I'm talking about Lunas. Thus, the more generic, and non-derogatory, term is appropriate.
Many other causes exist for light to be polarised, including reflection. Thus evidencing moonlight to simply be reflected sunlight.
We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime, spoiling of food, increase in germ activity, blindness. Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.
Let's go through your references in order: crime - suggests higher incidence of crime at full moon but does not in any way suggest it is down to the moonlight, rather that it's down to the moon's gravitational pull. The research was carried out in a part of the world where it would frequently be completely overcast during the night of the full moon, however this did not seem to affect the results, again damaging the idea that it's the light that is responsible. Spoiling of food/germ activity - you present two links to the same article, an article published in a newspaper in 1914! An account of a single, poorly controlled, poorly documented experiment which it would be ridiculous to base any conclusions on. Blindness - where's your reference?
Have you not ever heard "Oh boy, its a full moon. The crazies are going to be out!" Even common day experience will show this to be the case. And yet again, the typical globularist rests his convictions on his religion - "its the magical unknown force of gravity that is to blame!" Pray tell, how does gravity affect the minds of folks, like you and me? Where is the citation for that?  Why are astronauts not foaming at the teeth from this so called gravitational madness given off by magic time travelling particles from the moon?

Blindness and Food spoiling. This has been shown by Rowbotham himself in his treatise Earth Not A Globe in which he also evidences planar warming beyond the doubt of any rational reader. I believe he cites Plutarch's On the Face on the Orb of the Moon to establish that fish rot when left out overnight in moonlight. I would not be surprised if it was contained in the work of the Ancients as well. It is expected of all good forum goers (especially those so interested in the naming of our work!) to at least be aware of what is contained in the greatest work of the century. How can even you, a dupe of the Globularist regime, hope to defeat us if you don't know the first thing about Zetetic Astronomy! It would be as if I attempted to critique classic art having no idea of Artists, Movements, or Styles of the times in question. It would be certain to fail. Once you have read it, it will become clear to you that the "'Why's and 'Because's" simply don't add up.

If this is too much, there is a stickied thread at the top of the forum providing edification on the topic.
You do realise that if you wear polarising sunglasses, ALL the light reaching your eyes will be polarised, meaning that you are advocating making things more dangerous for yourself rather than safer?

This is pure comedy gold, I'll give you points for that.
Perhaps you won't be considering it comedy when you must use a stick to see and post here using a screen reader! It is clear that it is not *all* polarized light that is bad, just that from the moon. Our poor Luna friends have no idea the harm they are causing us.

It will filter out the bad moonlight and allow in only harmless polarized light. I hope for your safety and well being that you take heed to my warning and next time you go out at night, make sure to grab those shades.

You truly are ridiculous. You're also taking lessons from Sandokhan in how to compose long posts which say virtually nothing.
I'll begin with ORBISIMS versus Lunas: ORBISIMS is the general term for ALL prospective bioluminescent lunar lifeforms, as voted on by the majority of forum users. It is not specific to any subcategory as you imply - in fact that was made very clear indeed in the poll thread to select a name. I suggest you go back and read it.
Incorrect. It would be foolish to call bacteria shrimp and you know it. What's next, are we to call the earth a pear?
Now I shall move on to the single cotton thread you are clinging to over the precipice of absent research: Rowbotham. You probably ought to know that I have a copy of Earth Not A Globe in my possession. You probably also ought to be aware - if you have read his works - that you support a number of ideas directly in contradiction to what Rowbotham says in the book, mostly with reference to celestial phenomena in the southern hemisphere. As someone who has been almost to Antarctica before the robot penguins turned you away, I'm sure you made your own zetetic observations - in fact, I'm pretty sure you have mentioned noting the hours of daylight on this expedition.
The crux of the matter here is that a huge quantity of what Rowbotham writes is donkey balls. His chapter on objects in motion is hysterically wrong. His claims that ships beyond the horizon can be restored with a powerful telescope has no basis in fact and cannot be demonstrated. He advocates the zetetic method but his "proof" is always presented as third hand anecdotes from someone else who supposedly went somewhere and saw something. If you are going to say "it's true because Rowbotham wrote it" you might as well say "it's true because it's in the Old Testament."
So Rowbotham cites Plutarch? Not only a source from 2000 years ago, but one who is well known for fabricating and embroidering the truth in his biographical works. However, if you've read the particular work by Plutarch which Rowbotham cites, you'd know that Plutarch and his contemporaries all accepted that the moon was lit by the sun. So to use Plutarch for backup whilst proclaiming the existence of ORBISIMS is kind of hypocritical, don't you agree?
Yes, much research has happened since the time of Rowbotham and we have departed on points from his view. This should be expected. However to say it is just Rowbotham that says the moon is dangerous is ludicrous. Like I've mentioned there were laws to help prevent folks from sleeping on the deck of a ship in moonlight. This shows the view is common among all cultures. We have even given the name for madness the name of the moon itself - lunacy. As far as citing Plutarch, do you really think you must agree with an entire work to cite a piece of it, in fear of being hypocritical? How odd!
Moon blindness: absolutely nothing to do with the moon. This disease of horses is named thus because it often recurs at regular intervals, however, these intervals bear no relation to moon phases. Do you think we're all too dumb to use Google? You do know I work for them, right?
As a matter of fact, it does have to do with the moon. While academics in their ivory towers disagree and try to steal away the truth, any horse owner will attest that the phases indeed happen when in a natural setting in correspondence to the phases of the moon. This is why it is so named. Its not called "regular interval" blindness, or 'intermittent horse blindness' is it? You can use google, but it won't help if your eyes are closed to reason!

Out of curiosity, what do you do at Google?
A citation for gravity? Good grief, man, it's suggested in the abstract of the article you have provided to back up your own statement that crime goes up at full moon! Perhaps you should be more careful to read the references you're picking?
Of course crime goes up. To say its because of some magical force though is simply globularist delusion at its best.
Furthermore, "it is commonly said" is not proof or even evidence of anything. in the 1600's it was "commonly said" that you could cook an egg by whirling it round your head on a string. Even today, it is "commonly said" that swans can break people's arms. It is "commonly said" that if you leave a tooth in a glass of cola overnight, it will completely dissolve. There's hardly a noticeable amount of "crazies" coming out when the moon is full, and although research suggests it does influence the mentally ill, there is no evidence to suggest it's because of the light. None whatsoever. Feel free to provide a reference to prove me wrong, although I will insist it be less than 100 years old.

Lastly, I do love the funny warning. Let's see who goes blind first, Mr Scientist.

I disagree. Its quite obvious that it affects the mentally ill and the general populace. Anybody in a service industry can attest to this.

No evidence to suggest it's because of the light? Well at least this one scientist disagrees: http://www.jad-journal.com/article/S0165-0327(99)00016-6/abstract and a study shows an astonishing 80% of emergency department nurses and 64% of emergency physicians believed the moon affects patients. These are not uneducated fools! 92% of nurses found full moon shifts more stressful. It is interesting to note that this is an area where zetetic research far outstrips conventional research. As the idea has fallen among what Fort might call the "Damned", serious research on the affects of moonlight is essentially a career ender. The zeteticist need not pay mind to the petty fashion show of science and can instead search for truth unfettered by the over-arching evil intentions of the organized scientific establishment.

In addition, the author of The Moon and Madness also is interested in the link.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:41:36 PM by John Davis »
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »

Did I then get suckered into the joke?
The dangerous affect of the moon is not a joke. People like Neil constantly try to discredit flat earth research by giving silly names and claiming its "all jokes." In fact, ichimaru, a former flat earther on this site, was known for his studies on bioluminescent life. We allow them here as they only serve to show new comers how easy it is to destroy the average round earther in argument.

Its the polarized light from the moon, not ALL polarized light. You are wise to filter some of the lunar dangers from your eyes. I will have to purchase one for my telescope soon. Some have suggested certain people with a particular recessive gene are more susceptible too. Tracking ones sleeping habits around the moon is a good first step to diagnosis.

John, it is wonderful to have actual research instead of people out-armchairing each other. I really feel like you are one of the few people actually interested in science on the forum. That's why we would really love to have your report published here first.
Thank you. Which report are you talking of?
Quantum Ab Hoc

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 02:39:40 PM »
Some Animals and Life that is affected by the dangerous polarized light of the moon.

The mouse Acomys cahirinus notes a considerable drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon.
Bats tend to reduce their hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.
Human doctor visits increase during the full moon.
Pet Vet visits increase during the full moon.
Corals go into a mating frenzy due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon.
Some scorpians glow blue in the moonlight due to it attacking certain proteins.
Humans sleep worse in the full moon.
What property of polarized light is dangerous and not found in normal light?
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
Some Animals and Life that is affected by the dangerous polarized light of the moon.

The mouse Acomys cahirinus notes a considerable drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon.
Bats tend to reduce their hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.
Corals go into a mating frenzy due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon.
Its polarization, specifically the particular polarization as caused by the moon itself.
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 02:48:39 PM »
Wow, John, you seem to have gotten the dog pack into a frenzy.   I wonder why they get so mad when people do actual research?  Perhaps their handlers did not coach them on how to handle this knowledge? 

Edit for typo
Indeed, it reminds me of one summer as a child where I had the misfortune of being near a bee hive as some neighborhood kids knocked it from a tree. Often the globularist mindset is difficult and cryptic to understand. Some things will bring them to instant anger for no rational reason; others they just shrug at. One thing is for sure, when the Truth is in vicinity they go into a frenzy - perhaps this is to avoid cognitive dissonance. Not everybody is able to withstand the sheer wisdom and rationality of zeteticism without falling victim to an existential crisis!
Quantum Ab Hoc

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »

Its polarization, specifically the particular polarization as caused by the moon itself.
Polarization is just an alignment. So what is present in polarized light that is not found in normal light?
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 03:06:59 PM »

Polarization is just an alignment. So what is present in polarized light that is not found in normal light?
Alignment. It is the specific polarization pattern of the moons light that causes the wide range of adverse affects attributed to the moon's dangerous glare.

Even more specifically, it has a range of around -1% at 11° to about +7% at 105° with the shift to the positive occurring at the occult number of 23°. One of many differences is that it has negative polarization from particle scattering likely caused by irregularly shaped particles smaller or equal to the moonlights wavelength. This is consistent with a bioluminescent source and also explains the genesis of the irregularly shaped particles[nb]Known as Neil-Sokarul Particles or NSP for short[/nb]. Even in glob science this effect has very little study attributed to it, likely due to the ridiculous myth that the moon's light is not dangerous and again the 'damned' nature of the research itself. To replicate this exactly in a laboratory would be impossible due to a lack of samples for the bioluminescent source to match the Neil-Sokarul particles it gives off.
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
Typical NASA smokescreen attempting to hide the truth about life on the moon: http://www.space.com/11536-moon-microbe-mystery-solved-apollo-12.html
Quantum Ab Hoc

DanneJeRusse

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
The dangerous affect of the moon is not a joke. People like Neil constantly try to discredit flat earth research by giving silly names and claiming its "all jokes." In fact, ichimaru, a former flat earther on this site, was known for his studies on bioluminescent life. We allow them here as they only serve to show new comers how easy it is to destroy the average round earther in argument.

Its the polarized light from the moon, not ALL polarized light. You are wise to filter some of the lunar dangers from your eyes. I will have to purchase one for my telescope soon. Some have suggested certain people with a particular recessive gene are more susceptible too. Tracking ones sleeping habits around the moon is a good first step to diagnosis.

It must be a joke, that is, unless you can explain those dangerous effects? What are they exactly and why are there no peer-reviewed papers on it? The only reason I use a polarized filter is because the eyepiece intensifies the glare, that's it.

Sleeping habits around the moon? What's that? Never heard of it.

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 03:29:15 PM »

It must be a joke, that is, unless you can explain those dangerous effects? What are they exactly and why are there no peer-reviewed papers on it? The only reason I use a polarized filter is because the eyepiece intensifies the glare, that's it.

The idea is to track whether or not you experience loss of sleep or fatigue during the full moon. If you do, you are likely in more danger than the average person. I have also read of authors that noted increased dream activity which can trigger severe psychological relapses.

There are many studies on the moons effects and dangers. Most often they are related to madness, but also sleeplessness comes up often. Pet vet visits also increase as do hospital visits. Next time you are in a hospital, ask a few nurses if they find working during the full-moon stressful. I'm sure you'll get an ear full of first hand accounts.
Quantum Ab Hoc

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized.

Recent research also suggests the Earth is round and that the moon is reflecting light from the Sun by scattering it.
Rowbotham showed that the nature of light from the moon is distinct from that light from the Sun. It has often been noted that the moonlight causes certain trees and plant life to grow better or worse. This is why there used to be laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons, and avoid direct contact with others. There were even laws to prevent sailors from sleeping on deck in the moonlight.

Rowbotham is an obsolete 19th century loser. And those moonlight laws stemmed from mythology. When science came, we found out the Moon reflected the light instead of making it from moonshramp!

I have seen the moon in the sky at night. Have I gone mad, committed crimes, or gone blind? I guess that is your excuse for thinking the earth is flat: "Oh the moonlight hit me!".
You might as well say "oh I've stood by a microwave once, have I gotten cancer?" Of course not. You've been luck so far, but your luck shows nothing to truth of the matter.

Correction: with the door open for 5 minutes. But what is the probability? Because I will punch the numbers in.

Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

Let me translate for you: "Some random 19th century idiot, among other 19th century idiots, talk "in depth" about the "dangers" of a natural satellite which emits no light but we say it does. Now we finally have a good reason to make excuses and how to protect ourselves against the backlash that follows."
The dangers of moonlight have been known since antiquity. Any horse owner that has had the misfortune of seeing their horse come down with moon blindness will attest that the intermittency of the blindness is accordance with the phases of the moon.

Do you know what they did in antiquity? Urinate on things to make them clean, so many things from those eras are archaic.

To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses." Likely we will need to do some research to ensure we are filtering out the dangerous light, but in the meanwhile it is again REQUIRED of all Flat Earthers who wish to keep their sight and sanity to wear their sunglasses when looking at the moon.

"A polarizer or polariser is an optical filter that passes light of a specific polarization and blocks waves of other polarizations." Wikipedia

You are still getting some polarized light. I guess you will go a bit crazy, steal a gum stick from your neighbor, and lose a bit of vision. Still! I did not have that either! And what is this keeping sanity thing? Your sanity is defined by the number of excuses you DON'T use, and I am sorry but you do not have much sanity. And by the way, take a look at the sun with your sunglasses. Who cares if you get actually blind, you will get feeling like taking mushrooms!
Exactly. It allows light of a specific (safe) polarization and blocks the dangerous glow of our friends on the moon.

Wait wait wait, did you just say you are friends with hypothetical bioluminescent multiracial microbes on the moon? That's like me saying I married a tachyon! Frickin stupid!

When choosing your glasses make sure to take into account that you'll likely want a wider range of sight. Thus, wrap around glasses will both block the most moonlight and allow for a clear field of vision to study.

But the moon is like half a banana width 3 inches from your eyes! Why?
Oh the globularist silliness. The earth is like a pear, and now the moon is a banana? I simply don't understand what you are getting at sir.

You nincompoop! First of all, when Sir Tyson was talking about pears and the Earth, it was a metaphor! He was saying like it's 60-something km wider at the equator which is almost nothing! Secondly, I was talking about banana for scale! I did not have the immediate access to the angular size of the Moon. I guess all the Minions would have eaten the Moon already if it was a banana and Gru shrunk it and stole it from the sky.

Recent research suggests that the reason the moons rays are harmful is due to them being polarized.

Recent research also suggests the Earth is round and that the moon is reflecting light from the Sun by scattering it.
Rowbotham showed that the nature of light from the moon is distinct from that light from the Sun. It has often been noted that the moonlight causes certain trees and plant life to grow better or worse. This is why there used to be laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons, and avoid direct contact with others. There were even laws to prevent sailors from sleeping on deck in the moonlight.
It is no secret that polarized light is dangerous to many animals, insects, and even humans.

Yeah, that is true I guess maybe.

Note, that many bioluminescent light is also polarized, thus evidencing the possible existence of lunas.

No, not the moonshramp!!! What kind of drugs were people on to think they were hearing messages from moonshramp!!! My frickin god the stupidity!

We already know the dangers of moonlight - madness, crime, spoiling of food, increase in germ activity, blindness.

I have seen the moon in the sky at night. Have I gone mad, committed crimes, or gone blind? I guess that is your excuse for thinking the earth is flat: "Oh the moonlight hit me!".
You might as well say "oh I've stood by a microwave once, have I gotten cancer?" Of course not. You've been luck so far, but your luck shows nothing to truth of the matter.
Rowbotham, among others, talks in depth about the dangers of the moon. Now we finally have a good reason why this is happening and how to protect ourselves against the harmful Luna.

Let me translate for you: "Some random 19th century idiot, among other 19th century idiots, talk "in depth" about the "dangers" of a natural satellite which emits no light but we say it does. Now we finally have a good reason to make excuses and how to protect ourselves against the backlash that follows."
The dangers of moonlight have been known since antiquity. Any horse owner that has had the misfortune of seeing their horse come down with moon blindness will attest that the intermittency of the blindness is accordance with the phases of the moon.
To combat this, if you plan to spend anytime out at night in clear view of the moon it is strongly suggested you protect yourself with polarized filters, easily available at many stores as "Polarized Sunglasses." Likely we will need to do some research to ensure we are filtering out the dangerous light, but in the meanwhile it is again REQUIRED of all Flat Earthers who wish to keep their sight and sanity to wear their sunglasses when looking at the moon.

"A polarizer or polariser is an optical filter that passes light of a specific polarization and blocks waves of other polarizations." Wikipedia

You are still getting some polarized light. I guess you will go a bit crazy, steal a gum stick from your neighbor, and lose a bit of vision. Still! I did not have that either! And what is this keeping sanity thing? Your sanity is defined by the number of excuses you DON'T use, and I am sorry but you do not have much sanity. And by the way, take a look at the sun with your sunglasses. Who cares if you get actually blind, you will get feeling like taking mushrooms!
Exactly. It allows light of a specific (safe) polarization and blocks the dangerous glow of our friends on the moon.
When choosing your glasses make sure to take into account that you'll likely want a wider range of sight. Thus, wrap around glasses will both block the most moonlight and allow for a clear field of vision to study.

Oh the globularist silliness. The earth is like a pear, and now the moon is a banana? I simply don't understand what you are getting at sir.
EDIT: UPDATE: IMPORTANT:
Also avoid computers, cell phones, and monitors without use of special glasses as well.

First fail: Using 3 markers "EDIT", "UPDATE", and "IMPORTANT" right next to each other, with colons. BRILLIANT!
Emphasis was necessary to avoid further danger to our people. Salus populi suprema lex esto
Second fail: Not knowing what f.lux is.
f.lux I fear may not cut the mustard.
Third and final fail: Forgot the fact he wrote this on either a computer or a mobile phone. Oh wait, he has the glasses on already, I can envision it!

You are welcome.
I am already researching on glasses to properly shield me from dangerous lights from artificial sources. I am not a fool! If I were not to, I could be blind. The cost? Very small level of comfort. However, it is certainly the moon's rays which are polarized in a dangerous fashion. It is of note that there are dangers to these little technological toys we have, though they pale in comparison to the dangers of unfiltered moonlight on the naked or magnified eye.

1. OK, but bold-face it and make it red next time, then you will get their attention.
2. f.lux makes the light warmer at the night for it to adjust to like house lights. Without it your eyes could hurt and stuff like that.
3. Just buy really cool sunglasses. Then you will look cool.

Often people tell me I am silly for discounting the entire history of what everybody believed everywhere about the shape of the Earth. Well everybody believes the moon is dangerous, across cultures, lands, worldviews. Coincidently, all cultures also believe in a FLAT EARTH. To question these truths is what is silly!

To question the fact there are no Mars transits or Pluto transits or Planet 9 transits are silly, we only see Mercury and Venus transit the Sun, which shows we are in the heliocentric system.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »

Rowbotham is an obsolete 19th century loser. And those moonlight laws stemmed from mythology. When science came, we found out the Moon reflected the light instead of making it from moonshramp!
"When science came"? The notable difference in the science of the ancients and that of the era of enlightenment was that shift from the study of causes to the describing of nature.

Correction: with the door open for 5 minutes. But what is the probability? Because I will punch the numbers in.
No matter what, you are still dealing with a sample size of one. This is ludicrous.

Do you know what they did in antiquity? Urinate on things to make them clean, so many things from those eras are archaic.
A wise idea. I have been told it serves as not only a great cleaning agent but also a source of many modern amazements. Check out this smithsonian article:
The cleansing power of pee: If you’ve investigated the ingredients in your household cleaners, you may have noticed a prevalent ingredient: ammonia. As a base, ammonia is a useful cleanser because dirt and grease–which are slightly acidic–get neutralized by the ammonia. Even though early Europeans knew about soap, many launderers preferred to use urine for its ammonia to get tough stains out of cloth. In fact, in ancient Rome, vessels for collecting urine were commonplace on streets–passers-by would relieve themselves into them and when the vats were full their contents were taken to a fullonica (a laundry), diluted with water and poured over dirty clothes. A worker would stand in the tub of urine and stomp on the clothes, similar to modern washing machine’s agitator.

Even after making soap became more prevalent, urine–known as chamber lye for the chamber pots it was collected in–was often used as a soaking treatment for tough stains.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/from-gunpowder-to-teeth-whitener-the-science-behind-historic-uses-of-urine-442390/#DVVhlMBMhxrwbYXc.99

It will even whiten your teeth.

Wait wait wait, did you just say you are friends with hypothetical bioluminescent multiracial microbes on the moon? That's like me saying I married a tachyon! Frickin stupid!

You nincompoop! First of all, when Sir Tyson was talking about pears and the Earth, it was a metaphor! He was saying like it's 60-something km wider at the equator which is almost nothing! Secondly, I was talking about banana for scale! I did not have the immediate access to the angular size of the Moon. I guess all the Minions would have eaten the Moon already if it was a banana and Gru shrunk it and stole it from the sky.
I doubt the Queen would ever give Tyson the honor of knighthood as he is a charlatan, though his ties with the conspiracy do run deep. Yes, the light from the moon is dangerous, regardless of its apparent size in the night sky.
1. OK, but bold-face it and make it red next time, then you will get their attention.
2. f.lux makes the light warmer at the night for it to adjust to like house lights. Without it your eyes could hurt and stuff like that.
3. Just buy really cool sunglasses. Then you will look cool.

Often people tell me I am silly for discounting the entire history of what everybody believed everywhere about the shape of the Earth. Well everybody believes the moon is dangerous, across cultures, lands, worldviews. Coincidently, all cultures also believe in a FLAT EARTH. To question these truths is what is silly!

To question the fact there are no Mars transits or Pluto transits or Planet 9 transits are silly, we only see Mercury and Venus transit the Sun, which shows we are in the heliocentric system.
It would do you well to read Earth: NOT A GLOBE or Carpenters 100 proofs. With it is proved beyond the doubt of any rational man that the Earth does not swing around the Universe at ridiculous speeds clutching onto its atmosphere like a handbag.
Quantum Ab Hoc

DanneJeRusse

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »

The idea is to track whether or not you experience loss of sleep or fatigue during the full moon. If you do, you are likely in more danger than the average person. I have also read of authors that noted increased dream activity which can trigger severe psychological relapses.

There are many studies on the moons effects and dangers. Most often they are related to madness, but also sleeplessness comes up often. Pet vet visits also increase as do hospital visits. Next time you are in a hospital, ask a few nurses if they find working during the full-moon stressful. I'm sure you'll get an ear full of first hand accounts.

Sorry John, those are just myths, the moon has no effect whatsoever on sleep habits, madness or stress, except on B rated horror movies. No such studies exist that would support those claims.

DanneJeRusse

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »
Well here are three.

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(13)00754-9?_returnURL=http%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0960982213007549%3Fshowall%3Dtrue
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2869.2006.00520.x/full
http://www.jad-journal.com/article/S0165-0327(99)00016-6/abstract

I can dig up more if you'd like.

Edit: heres another.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/641019?dopt=Abstract

I can did them up too...

" Lunar cycles had, and continue to have, an influence upon human culture, though despite a persistent belief that our mental health and other behaviours are modulated by the phase of the moon, there is no solid evidence that human biology is in any way regulated by the lunar cycle."

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822%2808%2900865-8?_returnURL=http%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0960982208008658%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

The article you cited does not reveal any causes and calls the whole thing "mysterious". Yeah, sure.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2016, 05:03:48 PM »
John, it is wonderful to have actual research instead of people out-armchairing each other. I really feel like you are one of the few people actually interested in science on the forum. That's why we would really love to have your report published here first.
Thank you. Which report are you talking of?
Yours. I suppose you have run an experiment to come here and claim what you have, haven't you? So I'd like to review the report.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »
Ream of babble.

Let's be clear, Davis:
I made no reference to shrimps in my description of the lunar lifeforms, and indeed, the full name of ORBISIMS (Only Retards Believe In Self Illuminating Moon Shrimp) does itself suggest scorn to the idea that they are shrimp like. What's next? Oh yes, horses. No, not "any" horse owner will attest that equine uveitis is in any way synchronised with the phases of the moon. Your lack of reference is once again painfully obvious. It's abundantly clear that you haven't done a shred of research on this topic - it doesn't even look like you've read a single article. If you won't back down, I'd request arbitration from this source: http://www.horsebackvet.com/home.html . I think his credentials far exceed the standards required to answer the question, don't you?
Moving on to links between full moons and hospitals: Allow me to quote the first line of the abstract to which you link. "Belief that the full moon is associated with psychiatric disturbance persists despite 50 years research showing no association. "
Anyone who's worked in a service industry? I used to. I don't any more. I never noticed any difference. As to what I do at Google, I'm not going to tell you. You don't need to know.
You also misread my sentence about the "crime goes up" article, and I'll admit my wording was unclear and could be misinterpreted. What I intended to say was that the article you linked to about crime going up, makes the suggestion that gravity is the cause. So now it should be quite clear to you what an utter lemon you've been when it comes to picking sources to support your jokes.
Slagging off my avatar is an ad hominem attack and of no relevance to the discussion at hand. If you want to play that game, at least my name and image are more imaginative than yours.
Now crawl away and stop wasting your life pretending you think the earth is flat. You could have been convincing, if you hadn't tried to take it so stupidly far.
By the way, when's the book coming out?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:52:46 PM by Dinosaur Neil »