New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED

• 264 Replies
?

zork

Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2017, 02:16:40 AM »
If you value your life, I wouldn't put too much weight in any so called 'meta' study or analysis that graces your desk.
It has definitely more value than one research with clear bias and its own agenda. If you really value your life then don't get hyped up by results of one research.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2017, 04:50:46 AM »
It does not. It is only useful when attempting to get full coverage. Any other time the benefits are outweighed by the disadvantages.

The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

zork

« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »
 Even when it is not always so useful and you must use other methods it still always trumps single study.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2017, 02:52:53 PM »
So it wasn't you and boats. Although you agreed.

Anyways my mom never saw anything strange during full moons. But she was only a nurse.... for 30 years.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
I do hope you people are not neglecting the dire warnings John Davis gave about the insidious NSPs earlier in the thread.
There's a bit of background in Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED « Reply #73 on: May 06, 2016, 03:10:01 PM ».

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »

Yes I have many non-orthodox beliefs. The dangers of the moon have been documented not only in every serious study on the matter for the last 3000 years, but in flat earth works such as Earth: NOT a globe.

Fortunately, belief in moonshramp counts as orthodox in this troll-pit. Lucky for you.
(Yes, you did cite them in the initial post, you just used an alternative name. Remember an unbiased poll of forum users showed that "moonshramp" was the preferred term.)
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:35 AM »

Anyways my mom never saw anything strange during full moons. But she was only a nurse.... for 30 years.

Odd, when I worked in health care, and when my mother did, she saw a drastic change in people during it. And studies agree. One, that I don't believe has been cited here yet, was done by Dr. Mandell in 2005; he found most surgical nurses that a full moon led to more chaos and incoming patients.

However, let's look at the numbers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/641019?dopt=Abstract
11.613 cases, 5 Year Period
Assaults occurred more often around the full moon.

Journal of Psychology, vol. 93:81, 1976.
34.318 cases, 1 year period:
Crimes occurred more frequently during the full moon.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11124173?dopt=Abstract
1.621 cases in 3 year period
Animal bites occured more frequently during the full moon.

The evidence continues to stack.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
I was full on about to post calling out what BS this whole moon thing is but then I read that jroa said we should come up with evidence. I'm not a fan of asking Google loaded questions to funnel answers I want to hear and in the interests of fairness I found this from a Nature Magazine

"Nature Magazine - July 2003

An African beetle relies on moonlight's polarisation to roll its dungball in a straight line, researchers have discovered.

Dacke and her colleagues discovered that beetles chart a straight course only on moonlit nights. Without the Moon, they meander randomly.

To test whether the beetles use light polarization, rather than the position of the Moon, to maintain a steady bearing, the researchers made sure the insects could not see the Moon. They then placed a polarizing filter over a ball-rolling beetle to turn its light through 90º.

The beetles made an abrupt turn either to the left or the right. This shows that the bugs use the sky's polarized moonlight to follow a straight course, but not to tell left from right."

Therefore, I concede on this position. The Flat Earthers clearly aren't kidding when it comes to the moonlight and they have science backing it up.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »

Your mom must have seen you a few times during a full moon, that's what threw off her definition of strange. After seeing you other things seemed normal.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:51 PM »
I was full on about to post calling out what BS this whole moon thing is but then I read that jroa said we should come up with evidence. I'm not a fan of asking Google loaded questions to funnel answers I want to hear and in the interests of fairness I found this from a Nature Magazine
"Nature Magazine - July 2003
An African beetle relies on moonlight's polarisation to roll its dungball in a straight line, researchers have discovered.
The beetles made an abrupt turn either to the left or the right. This shows that the bugs use the sky's polarized moonlight to follow a straight course, but not to tell left from right."

Therefore, I concede on this position. The Flat Earthers clearly aren't kidding when it comes to the moonlight and they have science backing it up.
Yup, fits perfectly,
flat earthers and dung beetles both seem to peddle the same stuff, usually lnown in polite society as excreta of male bovine mammals.

Of course, in reality, moonlight and sunlight are both polarised to about the same extent and for the same reason, see
Patterns and properties of polarized light in air and water
ABSTRACT

Natural sources of light are at best weakly polarized, but polarization of light is common in natural scenes in the atmosphere, on the surface of the Earth, and underwater. We review the current state of knowledge concerning how polarization and polarization patterns are formed in nature, emphasizing linearly polarized light. Scattering of sunlight or moonlight in the sky often forms a strongly polarized, stable and predictable pattern used by many animals for orientation and navigation throughout the day, at twilight, and on moonlit nights.

From: The Royal Society, Patterns and properties of polarized light in air and water by Thomas W. Cronin and Justin Marshall
Moonlight and sunlight are almost identical in nature, except a massive difference in intensity.
The noonday sun is roughly 400,000 times as bright as a bright full moon.
This is not too hard to calculate - if we assume that moonlight is just reflected sunlight - I don't know that moon-shramp are amenable to calculation!

Of course this whole thread is intended to be quite tongue-in-cheek, just read:
Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED « Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 08:06:59 AM » with its
This is consistent with a bioluminescent source and also explains the genesis of the irregularly shaped particles[1]. Even in glob science this effect has very little study attributed to it, likely due to the ridiculous myth that the moon's light is not dangerous and again the 'damned' nature of the research itself. To replicate this exactly in a laboratory would be impossible due to a lack of samples for the bioluminescent source to match the Neil-Sokarul particles it gives off.
This site is certainly educational! Carry on carrying on.

[1] Known as Neil-Sokarul Particles or NSP for short.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »

Another victory, for the flat earth!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2018, 05:06:22 AM »

Globe earthers destroyed by a dung beetle. How humiliating  :'( :'( :D :D :D

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
Not just the beetle. Most of God's creatures show symptoms. This may well be vet visits increase during the moon's fullness. Bat's are another great example, and they reduce their hunting to avoid the polarized light. Acomys cahirinus has a drop in temperature and activity during the full moon. Human doctor visits increase and human sleep is deterred. Corals go into a mating frenzy, due to the subdued competition from smaller biological enemies.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.

All nature is aware of the dangers of moonlight - except modern man and his marvelous "science".

Username

• Administrator

« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »
Not just the beetle. Most of God's creatures show symptoms. This may well be vet visits increase during the moon's fullness.

"May well be"

IOW, you're guessing.

Bat's are another great example, and they reduce their hunting to avoid the polarized light.

[citatation needed]

Abstract
It is commonly assumed that aerial insectivorous bats in the tropics respond to moonlight intensity by decreasing their foraging activity during bright nights due either to an increase in predation risk, or to a reduction in insect availability.

The effect of moonlight on bat activity can be measured both between nights and within a single night. However, few studies have simultaneously used both approaches, and most authors generally compare bat activity with lunar phases. Our main aim was to evaluate how moonlight influences aerial insectivorous bat activity at different time scales: between nights and within the same night. Activity of five bat species was measured using autonomous ultrasound recording stations and moonlight intensity percentages retrieved from the Moontool program nightly throughout a 53-day sampling period. Only one species (Myotis riparius) responded negatively to moonlight, while two species (Pteronotus parnellii and Saccopteryx leptura) increased their foraging activity in moonlight. For Cormura brevirostris and S. bilineata, moonlight intensity did not affect activity level. Bat activity was greater for all species at the beginning of the night, independent of the presence of the moon, indicating that foraging just after the sunset is adaptive. Thus, bat response to the effect of moonlight intensity is more apparent between nights than within a single night and may depend on species-specific traits, such as flight speed, flexibility in habitat use and body size.

Note the highlighted finding. There's nothing in the abstract about polarized light. Maybe you can purchase the full paper and read it to see if that's mentioned.

Acomys cahirinus has a drop in temperature and activity during the full moon. Human doctor visits increase and human sleep is deterred. Corals go into a mating frenzy, due to the subdued competition from smaller biological enemies.
Lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the full moon period by increasing their hunting rates.

[citatations needed]

Sleep disruption caused by intrusion of artificial light is becoming well known. Why would bright moonlight be exempt?

Availability of light will have an obvious effects on nocturnal predation risk which can ripple through the food chain. See the abstract for the bat study.

All nature is aware of the dangers of moonlight - except modern man and his marvelous "science".

And four out of five bat species studied. And lions. Don't forget what you said about lions.

You haven't made a case yet. You've just tossed out some vague ideas that may or may not even be true. So far we've seen nothing substantive.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:29 AM »
Not just the beetle. Most of God's creatures show symptoms. This may well be vet visits increase during the moon's fullness.

"May well be"

IOW, you're guessing.

Bat's are another great example, and they reduce their hunting to avoid the polarized light.

[citatation needed]

Abstract
It is commonly assumed that aerial insectivorous bats in the tropics respond to moonlight intensity by decreasing their foraging activity during bright nights due either to an increase in predation risk, or to a reduction in insect availability.

The effect of moonlight on bat activity can be measured both between nights and within a single night. However, few studies have simultaneously used both approaches, and most authors generally compare bat activity with lunar phases. Our main aim was to evaluate how moonlight influences aerial insectivorous bat activity at different time scales: between nights and within the same night. Activity of five bat species was measured using autonomous ultrasound recording stations and moonlight intensity percentages retrieved from the Moontool program nightly throughout a 53-day sampling period. Only one species (Myotis riparius) responded negatively to moonlight, while two species (Pteronotus parnellii and Saccopteryx leptura) increased their foraging activity in moonlight. For Cormura brevirostris and S. bilineata, moonlight intensity did not affect activity level. Bat activity was greater for all species at the beginning of the night, independent of the presence of the moon, indicating that foraging just after the sunset is adaptive. Thus, bat response to the effect of moonlight intensity is more apparent between nights than within a single night and may depend on species-specific traits, such as flight speed, flexibility in habitat use and body size.

Note the highlighted finding. There's nothing in the abstract about polarized light. Maybe you can purchase the full paper and read it to see if that's mentioned.

Acomys cahirinus has a drop in temperature and activity during the full moon. Human doctor visits increase and human sleep is deterred. Corals go into a mating frenzy, due to the subdued competition from smaller biological enemies.

[citatations needed]

Sleep disruption caused by intrusion of artificial light is becoming well known. Why would bright moonlight be exempt?

Availability of light will have an obvious effects on nocturnal predation risk which can ripple through the food chain. See the abstract for the bat study.

And four out of five bat species studied. And lions. Don't forget what you said about lions.

You haven't made a case yet. You've just tossed out some vague ideas that may or may not even be true. So far we've seen nothing substantive.
You seem to misunderstand the word "most," and apparently have not read even the abstract for the study you cite.

They also have not shown what you claim they have, nor have they disproven the view they set out to.

Secondly, don't you wonder why they are attempting to disprove this view? Could it be because its widely held by true in the scientific community?

You have a lot of cute ideas here, and you seem really keen on me citing common knowledge, but you have failed to evidence properly against the thousands of years of knowledge we have confirming the moon is dangerous. I suggest you start here: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=54468.0

For  your own safety.

If your hypothesis is correct, we would see a drop in veterinary visits during the full moon due to increased visibility; this is not the case.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:23:48 AM by John Davis »

« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »

"May well be"

IOW, you're guessing.

[citatation needed]

Abstract

[citatations needed]

You seem to misunderstand the word "most," and apparently have not read even the abstract for the study you cite.

You may want to re-read your post. Here's its conclusion:

Somehow "most" at the beginning morphed into "all" by the end.

Do you know what "all" means?

They also have not shown what you claim they have, nor have they disproven the view they set out to.

The abstract disputes your conclusion that "all nature is aware of the dangers of moonlight". More bat species (2 out of 5) than not (1 out of 5) consider moonlight a benefit; more species are neutral to the presence of abundant moonlight (2 out of 5) than those that avoid it (1 out of 5; the same one). Are you reading something else into that abstract?

Secondly, don't you wonder why they are attempting to disprove this view? Could it be because its widely held by true in the scientific community?

No. They saw an assumption and sought to test (not necessarily disprove) that. Read the first sentence again.

You have a lot of cute ideas here, and you seem really keen on me citing common knowledge, but you have failed to evidence properly against the thousands of years of knowledge we have confirming the moon is dangerous. I suggest you start here: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=54468.0

They also believed in a god of the wind, a god of rain, etc.

For  your own safety.

Thanks! I'll take my chances, though.

It is well known that more amateur astronomers stay inside during the full moon than at other times. Why? It's not because moonlight is dangerous, it's because the full moon is a PITA! The moon is so bright when full or nearly full that it washes out all but the brightest of celestial objects, yet the full moon itself is not very interesting to look at since there are no shadows, so you don't see most of the features at all. There's less to look at.

If your hypothesis is correct, we would see a drop in veterinary visits during the full moon due to increased visibility

That's a strawman argument. I never said there would be a decrease (or increase) in vet visits. I was commenting on your guess that there would be. Here's what you said:

This may well be vet visits increase during the moon's fullness.

"This may well be ... increases". You don't say "there are". You say "may well be". In other words, you're uncertain, so it's a guess. Since it was clearly a guess, I didn't ask for a citation.

this is not the case.

[citation needed]

In fact, I see none of the requested citations for any of those previous claims, either. At best, anecdotes.

Instead, you added a new claim and cited another thread in this forum, which includes gems like:

Since the dawn of history, the Moon has possessed an almost unequalled hold over the imagination of man, provoking by turns fascination and even worship.

Among the earliest of cultures to recognise the power of Moonlight were Assyria and Babylonia, who considered it to have an notable effect on the fertility of women, though whether this was a positive or negative effect is unknown.

Nobody questions that ancient people were superstitious. They had no clue why a lot of the things they observed happened, and often feared it. They worshiped and feared all manner of things since they simply knew no better. Some people still do.

That's why science is valuable. It helps us understand (instead of blindly fearing and idly speculating about) nature.

Can you cite anything reliable?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »

You may want to re-read your post. Here's its conclusion:

Somehow "most" at the beginning morphed into "all" by the end.

Do you know what "all" means?
You really have difficulties reading. Most show symptoms. All are aware.

The abstract disputes your conclusion that "all nature is aware of the dangers of moonlight". More bat species (2 out of 5) than not (1 out of 5) consider moonlight a benefit; more species are neutral to the presence of abundant moonlight (2 out of 5) than those that avoid it (1 out of 5; the same one). Are you reading something else into that abstract?
It does not. Aside from not showing the point held by the abstract in the paper itself, it says nothing of the bats being aware; it says of them showing symptoms. And they are studying very specific bats - those in the tropics. Are you trying to claim I can take knowledge about tropical bats and apply this to all God's creatures?

No. They saw an assumption and sought to test (not necessarily disprove) that. Read the first sentence again.
Except it wasn't an assumption - they just claimed it was so they could contextualize their findings into something that wasn't a waste of their time to begin with.

They also believed in a god of the wind, a god of rain, etc.

For  your own safety.

Thanks! I'll take my chances, though.

It is well known that more amateur astronomers stay inside during the full moon than at other times. Why? It's not because moonlight is dangerous, it's because the full moon is a PITA! The moon is so bright when full or nearly full that it washes out all but the brightest of celestial objects, yet the full moon itself is not very interesting to look at since there are no shadows, so you don't see most of the features at all. There's less to look at.

If your hypothesis is correct, we would see a drop in veterinary visits during the full moon due to increased visibility

That's a strawman argument. I never said there would be a decrease (or increase) in vet visits. I was commenting on your guess that there would be. Here's what you said:
Your citation claims that the affects of the moon are likely due to the increased visibility. If this was the case, vet visits would go down which studies show they don't.

"This may well be ... increases". You don't say "there are". You say "may well be". In other words, you're uncertain, so it's a guess. Since it was clearly a guess, I didn't ask for a citation.

In fact, I see none of the requested citations for any of those previous claims, either. At best, anecdotes.
I have no interest citing common knowledge.

Nobody questions that ancient people were superstitious. They had no clue why a lot of the things they observed happened, and often feared it. They worshiped and feared all manner of things since they simply knew no better. Some people still do.

That's why science is valuable. It helps us understand (instead of blindly fearing and idly speculating about) nature.

Unfortunately, its not just the Ancient people. Its the consensus of educated peoples since antiquity until now. Science is valuable because it is used, not due to some odd paranoia you have concerning emotions. In fact, knowledge of the moons danger is used today to help heal the mentally ill.

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »
All of nature is aware of the dangers of moonlight???

Yet there are a gazillion nocturnal animals, even relying on the moon to navigate. Also, last time I checked my backyard at night, the trees there weren’t frantically screaming in pain when the moon was out.
Be gentle

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »

Yet there are a gazillion nocturnal animals, even relying on the moon to navigate. Also, last time I checked my backyard at night, the trees there weren’t frantically screaming in pain when the moon was out.

It's called adaptation. Animals have evolved to be far more tolerant of the moon but man has always hid in caves and shelter at night. The moon can be a useful tool but that doesn't mean it is free of dangers. Most animals wouldn't live long enough to suffer debilitating damage from the exposure but their change in behaviour (and always for the worse) is well documented.

Don't forget the dung beetle, despite its tiny size can actually use the polarised light to roll shit in a straight line.

If something that small can make use of the light in such a manner, imagine what years of cumulative exposure does to people? And what is our payoff?

Going back in history why do we have such stories about werewolves or lunatics (people who went crazy by staring at the moon). There is an element of truth to almost every stories origin. However there has been a massive effort to suppress information like this over the last few generations as nonsense because it isn't 'science'

Know your place

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »

What are these "symptoms" you refer to? Moonburn?

How do you know all of nature is "aware" of something if there is no behavior that exhibits that awareness? Do you talk to animals?

... it says nothing of the bats being aware; it says of them showing symptoms.

You're right about the paper not addressing whether bats are "aware" of your imagined dangers. How could they possibly study that? They are interested in behavior, which can be studied. How do you "know" they're aware of your purported dangers?

And they are studying very specific bats - those in the tropics. Are you trying to claim I can take knowledge about tropical bats and apply this to all God's creatures?

You were the one who specifically mentioned bats. The one study I happened upon shows that not only is your claim not universal, in this case it's not even "most", it's 20%, a small minority.

Except it wasn't an assumption - they just claimed it was so they could contextualize their findings into something that wasn't a waste of their time to begin with.

Because that's what you want to believe? You'll have to provide some reliable evidence to back up your claim that they didn't really mean what they wrote before your opinion on this will carry much weight.

Your citation claims that the affects of the moon are likely due to the increased visibility. If this was the case, vet visits would go down which studies show they don't.

Presuming for the sake of the discussion that your claim about frequency of vet calls increasing on more brightly-lit nights is correct, can you share your reasoning behind that conclusion?

Meanwhile, where are these "studies"? If you have any reliable statistics and analysis showing an actual increase of vet visits with ascribed to brighter nights, I'd love to see them. I'm betting you don't, because I suspect you either made that up or heard it somewhere (a.k.a. "common knowledge" and "anecdotes").

I have no interest citing common knowledge.

So you're sticking with anecdotes but you can't even trot out any good ones. Got it. Keep trying to bluff; it's apparently all you have left.

Unfortunately, its not just the Ancient people. Its the consensus of educated peoples since antiquity until now.

[citation needed]

In fact, knowledge of the moons danger is used today to help heal the mentally ill.

[citation needed]

« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
Going back in history why do we have such stories about werewolves or lunatics (people who went crazy by staring at the moon). There is an element of truth to almost every stories origin.

"Stories".

Werewolves? Really? They do make for some pretty scary stories, though.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »
Going back in history why do we have such stories about werewolves or lunatics (people who went crazy by staring at the moon). There is an element of truth to almost every stories origin.

"Stories".

Werewolves? Really? They do make for some pretty scary stories, though.

I said an 'element' of truth to them. For example, some crazed morons howling at the moon like a wolf, could have inspired the story. The story as it gets passed down gets more fantastical in nature but there is still an element of truth in its origin.

What compels a man to howl at a full moon? It is not normal but perhaps in days past, it's what some people did.

I notice you dismiss the rest of my post and latch onto 'stories' because you believe it to be the weakest part of my argument. Fair enough, but how about addressing how the f#&k the likes of a dung beetle can detect the polarised light of the moon? Perhaps the polarised light strength is not as diminished as we are led to believe.

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »

We didn't need another thread on the same topic. But I'll ask you for a definition now. What is the definition of polarized light?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:55 AM »

Yes, predators make use of their weakened prey during the moonlit hours.

Plants are also keenly aware of the phases of the moon. There are plenty of study done on this, so one shouldn't be surprised. Not only has it for thousands of years been used to determine the appropriate time to harvest wood (the red moon), but recent studies confirm this. For example, one study done by Isabella Guerrini, at the University of Perugia in Italy, shows that a trees blood flows more full as the moon becomes full, slowing down as the moon wanes. Ernst Zürcher found similar relationships with moisture content, plant germination, growth, and development.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »

What are these "symptoms" you refer to? Moonburn?

How do you know all of nature is "aware" of something if there is no behavior that exhibits that awareness? Do you talk to animals?

There are too many to list. Does it surprise you that something would affect something else without a change in behavior?

Unfortunately, its not just the Ancient people. Its the consensus of educated peoples since antiquity until now.

[citation needed]
Its wonderful you want a citation of this. One might similarly ask for a citation that people believe the Earth is a globe.

Just putting the words in blue doesn't mean a citation is actually needed, as this is something any fool knows. However, since you apparently have never read a book in your life, here you go, a decent spread from the last 2000+ years:

Hippocrates (460 BC - 370 BC) "no physician should be entrusted with the treatment of disease who was ignorant of the science of astronomy."
Pliny The Elder (23 AD -79 AD) said it led to the brain to be 'unnaturally moist' leading to madness.
Paracelsus (1493 -1541) "mania has the following symptoms: frantic behaviour, unreasonableness, constant restlessness and mischievousness. Some patients suffer from it depending on the phases of the moon."
Ewald Hering (1834 -1918) "with full moon, increasing mania."
Arnold Lieber (Scientific America)
Most (65+%) Medical Professionals (Mandell 2005 and many others)
45% Educated College Students (Russell & Dua, 1983)

To fill in the gaps, visit your local library.

In fact, knowledge of the moons danger is used today to help heal the mentally ill.

[citation needed]
Miami psychiatrist Arnold Lieber uses it to great success.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »

Hmm...  It doesn't seem like moonlight is much of a danger to the lions who use it to hunt by.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »

Hmm...  It doesn't seem like moonlight is much of a danger to the lions who use it to hunt by.
Yes, like most disadvantageous traits of our habitat, many species have evolved to make use of what would otherwise be a disadvantage.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »

Yes, like most disadvantageous traits of our habitat, many species have evolved to make use of what would otherwise be a disadvantage.
So, in other words, moonlight can be an advantage to some of nature.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »

So, in other words, moonlight can be an advantage to some of nature.
Yes, I'm sure the luna would agree.