New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED

• 264 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: New Dangers - Eye Filters are now REQUIRED
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
Ok. Here are three more references. I'm uncertain why you can't use google yourself. Or read them in the thread provided.

Bacteria:
The most notable evidence, IMO, is that Lyme Disease symptoms become worsened during a full moon. Again you can google this yourself. The reproductive cycle of Borrelia burgdorferi is about 28-30 days - synced up with the full moon every 29.53 days.

Man:
Christian Cajochen, Songül Altanay-Ekici, Mirjam Münch, Sylvia Frey, Vera Knoblauch, Anna Wirz-Justice. Evidence that the Lunar Cycle Influences Human Sleep. Current Biology, 2013; DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2013.06.029

Plants:
http://jgp.rupress.org/content/10/1/41.full.pdf

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »
And some more for the pile of evidence at hand.
http://www.shadesdaddyblog.com/do-polarized-sunglasses-block-blue-light/

"In order to protect their eyes from the harmful and dangerous effects of the blue light, it is best for individuals to use sunglasses with polarized lenses. This lens coating provides suitable and highly effective protection from the dangerous ocular diseases that this light can cause."

"Exposure to ultra violet light, results in a number of highly dangerous diseases and medical problems. Individuals usually have to deal with the trouble of acquiring suitable protection from ultra violet light, while working outdoors in the sun.
People, who are engaged in various daily outdoor activities, have to deal with the painful glares of the sun in their eyes which besides being inconvenient might also result in acute visibility problems. The reason for the discomfort are the horizontal glares of the sunlight on the roofs, roads and water surfaces, which reflect the high density ultra violet light into the eyes. Prolonged exposure can result in a number of highly painful visibility problems.
Blue light is a form of ultra violet light, which is included in the ultra violet light spectrum, and causes severe damage to the eyes, with prolonged exposure."

And yes, blue light does come from the moon.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Ok. Here are three more references. I'm uncertain why you can't use google yourself. Or read them in the thread provided.

Bacteria:
The most notable evidence, IMO, is that Lyme Disease symptoms become worsened during a full moon. Again you can google this yourself. The reproductive cycle of Borrelia burgdorferi is about 28-30 days - synced up with the full moon every 29.53 days.

Man:
Christian Cajochen, Songül Altanay-Ekici, Mirjam Münch, Sylvia Frey, Vera Knoblauch, Anna Wirz-Justice. Evidence that the Lunar Cycle Influences Human Sleep. Current Biology, 2013; DOI: 10.1016/j.cub.2013.06.029

Plants:
http://jgp.rupress.org/content/10/1/41.full.pdf

I'll deal with the closed sources another day (maybe), but have you read the paper at JPG? It says that polarized light affected POSITIVELLY the plants. Seedlings and roots illuminated with polarized light grew longer than the ones illuminated with non-polarized light. Did you even read the summary?

While these experiments are not exhaustive, a sufficient number
have been made to warrant the statement that the effect of polarized light of the visible spectrum on the growth of various seedlings and more particularly on the growth of Lupinus albus is somewhat different from that of non-polarized light. This is especially convincing in view of the results obtained with double sets of plants which were alternately exposed to polarized and non-polarized lights of the same intensities and at the same temperature. In every experiment thus performed the set which was placed in a polarizing chamber grew better. It is, furthermore, interesting to note that the phenomenon above observed did not take place when the seed portion of the plants was protected from light by wrapping with tinfoil. This agrees well with previous findings concerning the action of diastase on starch in polarized light.

You just linked me to a paper that contradicts your statement.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2016, 02:40:14 PM »
And some more for the pile of evidence at hand.
http://www.shadesdaddyblog.com/do-polarized-sunglasses-block-blue-light/

"In order to protect their eyes from the harmful and dangerous effects of the blue light, it is best for individuals to use sunglasses with polarized lenses. This lens coating provides suitable and highly effective protection from the dangerous ocular diseases that this light can cause."

"Exposure to ultra violet light, results in a number of highly dangerous diseases and medical problems. Individuals usually have to deal with the trouble of acquiring suitable protection from ultra violet light, while working outdoors in the sun.

People, who are engaged in various daily outdoor activities, have to deal with the painful glares of the sun in their eyes which besides being inconvenient might also result in acute visibility problems. The reason for the discomfort are the horizontal glares of the sunlight on the roofs, roads and water surfaces, which reflect the high density ultra violet light into the eyes. Prolonged exposure can result in a number of highly painful visibility problems.
Blue light is a form of ultra violet light, which is included in the ultra violet light spectrum[citation needed], and causes severe damage to the eyes, with prolonged exposure."
Besides an astonishing amount of technical balderdash in that blog, there is no mention of the Moon in it at all. There are several references to the Sun and sunlight, though.

The part saying "blue light is a form of ultra violet light, which is included in the ultra violet light spectrum" is ludicrous. Ultraviolet (UV) light has wavelengths shorter than violet light, and is invisible. Blue light has wavelengths longer than violet light and is visible. I'd like to know where the author of that particular blog entry got this "information"? I bet it's from the marketing department of one of the sunglasses vendors they're advertising, not one of their technical departments, if they even have any.

That you would take this at face value shows an incredible lack of savvy on your part. That you'd trot it out here as evidence for something is even more ridiculous. You need to find better sources of information.

I presume you mean the Moon reflects some blue light, which is true, but how much blue light does the Moon provide?

The intensity of moonlight varies greatly depending on the lunar cycle but even the full Moon typically provides only about 0.1 lux illumination. When the Moon is viewed at high altitude at tropical latitudes, the illuminance can reach 0.26 lux. The full Moon is about 1,000,000 times fainter than the Sun.
Or, do you think that all blue light comes from the Moon. That's even more ridiculous.

Either way, if you try to use sunglasses under only moonlight at night you will probably trip and may poke your eye out.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »

Blue light is a form of ultra violet light, which is included in the ultra violet light spectrum, and causes severe damage to the eyes, with prolonged exposure."

This BS is less funny than the earlier BS you posted in this thread. I think you've worn this out now.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2016, 06:22:38 PM »

This BS is less funny than the earlier BS you posted in this thread. I think you've worn this out now.
Do my ears deceive me? Are sick of moonshramping?

All jokes have a limit on funniness, and this one passed that threshold long ago. 

One of the few exceptions is this:

That will never not be funny to me. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2016, 08:33:12 AM »
Except I'm not talking specifically about shrimp-like Lunas, I'm talking about Lunas.

With all my due respect, emission of that specific form of light by the Moon might also be explained in a different way, without the need to hypothesize the existence of the Lunas. For the Moon may be alive herself and therefore can produce her special light. Being alive might be the reason why the Moon is such strongly influencing many, if not all, living creatures.

By the way, many, if not most, of the cultures, consider the Moon as a lady. Live Moon might be considered as a poetic metaphor, or serve as a basis for a more serious research. For Tsiolkovsky, the founder of RE space research, a great scientist and a great philosopher, wrote once:

If everything is united, everything is alive.

Think about that, my dear RE brethren.
 ;)
"It is not necessary that hypotheses should be true, or even probable; it is sufficient that they lead to results of calculation which agree with calculation".
Copernicus

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2016, 06:34:07 AM »
John, do you think the Muslimists are aware of this information?  Wouldn't that explain the use of Niqabs for the women and big bushy beards for the men?  They are blocking out the evil moonlight.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
I only took one class on Islam and have read little after that; it covered more of the religion than the social customs that have been tied to it. My knowledge thus is really limited to the basics - five pillars, stuff like that. Interestingly, pre-Islamic middle east thought of the moon in the male. Afterwards it was shifted to a female context.

You might be right Humble_scientist as it is often said that the moon gives off its own light - not things on the moon give off light.

Perhaps if there is an Islamic member on our forums they could help answer this.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2016, 05:33:46 PM »
Interestingly, pre-Islamic middle east thought of the moon in the male. Afterwards it was shifted to a female context.

In Arabic  qamar, moon, is masculine, while shams, sun, is feminine. That is the case in all Semitic languages, irrespective of time (only Babylonian had the sun and the moon both male, because of Sumerian influence). So it is not clear to me why you assert, that the moon shifted to a female context.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »
No less a genius such as Samuel Birley Rowbotham said.:
"Sunlight suppresses combustion while moonlight supports combustion.
A moonbeam focused on a thermometer will cause a cooling effect."
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2016, 06:23:51 PM »
A moonbeam focused on a thermometer will cause a cooling effect."

That's because moonlight is polarized, and the poles are cold. Duh!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
Interestingly, pre-Islamic middle east thought of the moon in the male. Afterwards it was shifted to a female context.

In Arabic  qamar, moon, is masculine, while shams, sun, is feminine. That is the case in all Semitic languages, irrespective of time (only Babylonian had the sun and the moon both male, because of Sumerian influence). So it is not clear to me why you assert, that the moon shifted to a female context.
You must be completely ignorant of history. Have you happened to ever hear of the Roman Empire? I know its merely a footnote in history  ::).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:16:26 AM by John Davis »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
Looking at the moon on Monday without filters may cause blindness and madness. The establishment, knowing this, has put up a scare tactic, knowing that people viewing the moon directly unprotected, will be at an all time high. I am upgrading my previous recommendations: whenever you view the moon directly, ALWAYS wear protection that is ISO Certified to protect you - even not during a full eclipse.

This is a REQUIREMENT for all FLATISTS and sane minded folk that know the truth.  If you should see others conforming to this standard, hopefully they are flatists like you. Give them a smile, nod, put your hand out, palm down and flat to signify you know the truth. Then walk along.

Anybody you see not conforming to the standard you should confront directly, possibly in an urgent fashion, and demand they wear protection because the Earth Is Flat.

Be careful women and men of the society. The crazies will be in full swing tomorrow, and the danger has never been greater!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:45:03 AM by John Davis »

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:22 AM »
You mean looking at the Sun on Monday, right?
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure people will be looking at the moon on Monday.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
I wear my brother's old welding helmet at all times when I'm out in the moonlight.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

zork

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
I wonder what you wear at day because sunlight is much more dangerous than moonlight.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »

So why it may cause blindness and madness, then?

I wear my brother's old welding helmet at all times when I'm out in the moonlight.

Please tell me you not intend of driving or ever did drive a car with the helmet on.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
A wise decision. Those globularists have no idea what they are in for in the long run milling about in the moonlight like its going out of style. In twenty years when they are blind and mad, do you think they will remember the advice we gave here today?

I doubt it.

I wonder what you wear at day because sunlight is much more dangerous than moonlight.
The danger is indeed present, even during the day - and especially on days like tomorrow. The only reason the sunlight is so dangerous tomorrow is because of the moons affect on it.

So why it may cause blindness and madness, then?

Please tell me you not intend of driving or ever did drive a car with the helmet on.
You should refer to our stickied moonlight safety thread.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
I'm pretty good at driving with the helmet on these days.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »

May God forbid I'm finally admitting this, but here it is anyway: I really believe you. Just stay safe.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »
Some more evidence for the pile, straight from Scientific American - presumably an organization of scientific Americans!

Professor Piazza Smyth, the Astronomer Royal for Scotland, in his interesting account of a recent scientific expedition made by him to the Peak of Teneriffe, has set at rest the vexed question of the heat of the moonlight. He Bays that his thermometrical instruments were sensibly affected by the moon's rays, even at the lowest of two stations occupied by him at different elevations. In tropical climates meat which is exposed to the moonlight rapidly becomes putrid ; and in the Indies, the negroes who will lie sweltering and unoovered[sic] beneath the full glare of a tropical sun, carefully muffle their heads and faces when exposed to the moonbeams, which they believe will cause swelling and distortion of the features, and sometimes even blindness.
[nb]https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-effects-of-moonlight/[/nb]

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
I forgot about this important thread.  Since my last posts here, I figured out one can make a filter for safely viewing polarized moon light by adding a gradient fill specializer encircling stacked UV and IR filters (still playing with what nm rating works best) and utilizing a re-conductive current of -12v AC from synchronized marzlevanes. 

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »
That is far more sophisticated than my methods. Due to the influx of 'solar glasses' on the market today, I use solar filter glasses; I then remove them from their cardboard then layer on each side polarizing filters of different types which can be bought at any Walmart for 10$ each. I then affix these to my most stylish and expensive pair of sunglasses - no one is the wiser! And I can sleep soundly knowing I won't go blind or mad.

Note: these would not be sufficient for Monday's event.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:17:00 PM by John Davis »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »

May God forbid I'm finally admitting this, but here it is anyway: I really believe you. Just stay safe.

Don't worry, I never text and drive. (I don't even have a cellphone)

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »

I never weld and drive either, even if I'd own a welding helmet.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »
I have to admit, a welding helmet is a clever and wise choice for everyday travel and viewing.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »

Hi grandma.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:09:34 PM by hoppy »
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth