Globe Earth Debunk: Why aren't there majority of the clouds on the oceans?

• 37 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • To Us Everywhere Flat Earth
Hello mister and misses believers, and the cheap trolls.   :)

Today we see a matter about first matter that "Flat Earth Proof: Rain comes from sky and clouds just an evaporation effect"https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66546.0

We see the truth, so rain comes from the sky, don't come from evaporation caused by high temperature on the oceans. If it's true,

1- Why aren't there majority of the clouds on the oceans?
2- Sometimes a cloudy day it's not raining and sometimes it's raining with a few clouds on a sunny day. These cases show us the clouds aren't the exact cause for occuring the rain.
3- We must see the clouds on the oceans on every day in summer because it such as boiling pans. But we don't ! And sunny days the air in the ocean usually open like the lands.
4- We must see the clouds usually moving from oceans and seas to lands but this situation does not usually occur. Clous move random.

These substances can be increased.

Good luck.  :)
Ignore list: boydster, Bullwinkle, Crouton, DuckDodgers, Hamzah, JackBlack, jdaniel0319, Junker, Jura-Glenlivet II, magellanclavichord, Mundin, NotSoSkeptical, rabinoz

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
How come anyone who disagree with you is a troll?
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Today we see a matter about first matter that "Flat Earth Proof: Rain comes from sky and clouds just an evaporation effect"https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66546.0

We see the truth, so rain comes from the sky, don't come from evaporation caused by high temperature on the oceans.
We see that you have no understanding how the water cycle works.

If it's true,

Can you show that they aren't? That is just an assertion without any evidence that it is true.

2- Sometimes a cloudy day it's not raining and sometimes it's raining with a few clouds on a sunny day.
From your description, the conclusion is that the presence of clouds is necessary but not sufficient to cause rain. Are there any times when it's raining and there are no clouds?

These cases show us the clouds aren't the exact cause for occuring the rain.
Meteorology explains why some clouds produce rain and others don't. The basics are pretty easy to understand. You might start with the explanation in Wikipedia.

The rain in that picture appears to be falling from the cloud above it. Notice how the strongest column of rain is below the tallest part of the cloud. Hmmm... Scenes like that are not uncommon when there is rain in open areas with big views.

3- We must see the clouds on the oceans on every day in summer because it such as boiling pans. But we don't !
The oceans aren't boiling. Why do you say they are?

It's not clear why you think we must see clouds over the oceans every day in summer. Can you explain?

And sunny days the air in the ocean usually open like the lands.
Well, yes... can you explain why you expect otherwise? You might start with the conditions necessary before clouds can form.

4- We must see the clouds usually moving from oceans and seas to lands but this situation does not usually occur.
Why "must" we see this? Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. It will depend on local conditions.

Clous move random.
It may seem random to you, but I bet it isn't.

http://i64.tinypic.com/140ah3p.jpg
Do you mean this subject can be explored further?

You might want to start by finding out for sure if the majority of clouds occur over land or ocean.

Nice picture of a beach on a cloudless day, by the way. I don't think anyone has doubted that sunny days occur at the beach, so I don't see the point of showing it.

Thanks!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
My sixth graders were able to grasp all these ideas pretty easily. Some basic facts first.

Evaporation is not the same boiling. Evaporation is controlled by both temperature and pressure. Essentially the air has some space for the water molecules and those that gain enough energy leave the water’s surface and enter the air. Some actually collide with the various gas molecules in the air and bounce back into the water, however most will remain in the air.

Condensation is controlled almost entirely by temperature and to a much lesser extent pressure.

Relative humidity is the amount of gaseous water in the air relative to the amount the atmosphere can hold at that temperature and pressure.

Gaseous water is invisible whilst liquid water is visible.

I think that is all we need. Now to explain this all for you. I will hit it point by point then explicate what I think needs it afterwards.

Yes, a great deal of the gaseous water in the atmosphere does come from evaporation over the oceans. Not all by any means, but a large majority does. I would wager on the average day over time the majority of cloud cover is over the oceans. The world is large, the oceans cover 70% of it. Just because you do not see clouds over your local ocean view does not equate to, “there are no clouds over the oceans.”

As mentioned above gaseous water is invisible. So although you might not directly observe it there may be a great deal of moisture in the air. I used to live at the ocean in NJ. It could be 98% humidity at the beach and not a cloud in the sky. Because it was all still in gaseous form.

Clouds form from pockets of lower pressure or temperature. Small dust particles in the air are seeds for liquid water to condense onto and to ultimately become clouds. We can see clouds because they are made up of liquid water, not gaseous water. How are they able to remain aloft? Buoyancy.  They are floating in the air. Eventually parts of the cloud do become too heavy to float and fall to the ground as rain drops.

2- Sometimes a cloudy day it's not raining and sometimes it's raining with a few clouds on a sunny day. These cases show us the clouds aren't the exact cause for occuring the rain.

Clouds are often the main source of rain. Clouds can remain aloft as long as the drops of water in them, and often small ice particles, stay small enough. So not all clouds will produce rain. As temperature drops or pressure, or both, more gaseous water condenses out of the air to become liquid water, the drops grow in size and finally fall. Are clouds necessary for rain? No. Let’s imagine it is 100% humidity outside. And like a NJ summer there is not a cloud in the sky, the water is still all gaseous. If there is a small decrease in temp, pressure, or both the relative humidity will rise to over 100% and the water must condense out. You will get rain without a cloud in the sky. Usually not much but I have experienced this a few times. Conversely the sky can be covered in thick dark clouds but have no rain. 

3- We must see the clouds on the oceans on every day in summer because it such as boiling pans. But we don't ! And sunny days the air in the ocean usually open like the lands.

I think you mean on hot days we should see a great deal of clouds over the oceans. See above. Local conditions, relative humidity etc.

4- We must see the clouds usually moving from oceans and seas to lands but this situation does not usually occur. Clous move random.

Clouds do not move completely randomly.  There are jet streams, pressure differentials and other factors that steer them.

Temperature determines cloud coverage much more than pressure. I could show you a gif that is over a ten year period and shows cloud coverage and humidity over the northern and southern hemispheres. You would see that in the winter there is much less cloud coverage and humidity, while during summer much more. But I do not know how to just place a gif in my response and I am not making an imugr account to do so.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

CaptainMagpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
Wow, he literally got schooled.
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

Wow, he literally got schooled.

Yes he certainly did, but you can bet that he didn't read any of it and just calls DonaldC a satanic troll. Even if he could read it, he wouldn't understand a word of it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:54:16 PM by İntikam »
Ignore list: boydster, Bullwinkle, Crouton, DuckDodgers, Hamzah, JackBlack, jdaniel0319, Junker, Jura-Glenlivet II, magellanclavichord, Mundin, NotSoSkeptical, rabinoz

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

DonaldC

It can indeed rain without clouds as I described in my well thought out and written post. Which was of course ignored by the religious zealot. I explained the same ideas my middle school students learned several weeks back. About rain, humidity and clouds. Sad really. But heh, I know I am not going to change his mind. Just hoping to insure he does not influence people passing through.

Good day.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good

We see the truth, so rain comes from the sky, don't come from evaporation caused by high temperature on the oceans. If it's true,

How the frick does the appearance of clouds on the ocean correspond to the shape of the earth?

How the frick does the appearance of clouds on the ocean correspond to the shape of the earth?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:27:30 PM by MrDebunk »
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Cloudless rain.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

This one is better

Wait, I thought you can't access YouTube.

You intelligent child  ;D

When i'm on office, i can't access youtube because RE dictator Erdoghan forbidden it. But when i'm on my own compoter right now, this has a strong VPN and proxy that can access everywhere also youtube.

CaptainMagpie

Cloudless rain.

This one is better

When i'm on office, i can't access youtube because RE dictator Erdoghan forbidden it. But when i'm on my own compoter right now, this has a strong VPN and proxy that can access everywhere also youtube.
So then did you go back and watch the videos you could not watch before? I haven't seen you update your posts on the ones you said you couldn't see the video at the time.
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Cloudless rain.

This one is better

So then did you go back and watch the videos you could not watch before? I haven't seen you update your posts on the ones you said you couldn't see the video at the time.

Don't digress the issue. I'm at home now and can see the videos yet. the rest is not a problem .

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
Research Lake Effect Snow. Cold dry air moves over the Great Lakes and sucks up huge amounts of water. Then drops it as snow over land. We can get Lake Effect Snow, as far south as the Ohio River off of Lake Michigan. In places like Buffalo NY most of the snow fall is Lake Effect Snow.

In the late fall and early winter on windless days, you can drive up I-65 or east along I-70 or I-80 and spot Farm Ponds an lakes because of fog rising off the warm ponds and lakes into the dry cold air. This happens all winter, as long as the pond or lake surface doesn't freeze over.  The same thing happens in early spring when the pond and lakes thaw enough to have open water.

And any Midwestern grade school kid and explain it to you and why it happens.

Another thing that happens here. Lines of Thunderstorm dump a huge amount of rain. The line moves on, the sun comes out and the rain evaporates and feeds new thunderstorms, sometimes worse than the first line. Which beings me to research Tornado Alley.

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

CaptainMagpie

Cloudless rain.

This one is better

Don't digress the issue. I'm at home now and can see the videos yet. the rest is not a problem .
I sir, do not digress.

I am addressing the fact you have provided misinformation to us in order to avoid addressing evidence in other threads. We let it slide because we are aware how Turkey is about that so it wasn't your fault. Now though you are saying that all you had to do was come back and look at it when you got home and you would have been able to see it.

If you are not being honest with us about this, how can we know you are being honest about anything you say?

?

frenat

Assuming a generally even distribution of clouds around the world (and I have seen no reason why not to assume that) then because oceans cover over 70 percent of the Earth's surface the majority of clouds ARE on the oceans.

Round and Proud

Assuming a generally even distribution of clouds around the world (and I have seen no reason why not to assume that) then because oceans cover over 70 percent of the Earth's surface the majority of clouds ARE on the oceans.

Logic? Commonsense? Are you TRYING to make more nuts than he already is?

The truly sad part of all this, is my four year old grand daughter has a better grasp of how the world works than this nut job.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

DonaldC

Yup. Totally ignored my post that answered all four of his points. What a surprise.   ;)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
How come anyone who disagree with you is a troll?

They came so they accepted they are trolls.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Yup. Totally ignored my post that answered all four of his points. What a surprise.   ;)

I didn't read any of your posts because you are trolling the forum like other your colleagues

>> How are the NASA trolls hiding the truth for support themselves ? https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66578.0
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:54:00 PM by İntikam »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

I didn't read any of your posts because you are trolling the forum like other your colleagues

>> How are the NASA trolls hiding the truth for support themselves ? https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66578.0
Yes, we know that everybody is lying except İntikam.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist

Yes, we know that everybody is lying except İntikam.

Relax troll. You will go out of all trolls when my job finish with you.

Your agressive movements causes that.

Donald. I found your post very informative and well written :) Try not to let the wilful ignorance of the ideologically driven get under your skin too much.

I'm sure you bring much wisdom to your students. And that's enough as far as I'm concerned. You can only engage with the bread-boarders so much eh.

Round and Proud

Because being scared shitless of the ideas of other to the point that you don't read or listen does NOT prove your belief correct. All it does is prove how scared you of the truth
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:59:46 PM by Round and Proud »

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Seriously? That's what this site has come to? Trolls trying to prove rain doesn't come from clouds?

Not that it used to be much better... Have FErs rejected DET yet or is it still popular?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:36:08 PM by Definitely Not Official »
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

DonaldC

TigerWidow,  thanks for the kind words. I find people like him more humorous than anything. I used to comment here about two years back, before the great schism. Now we have theflatearthsociety.org and tfes.org.  I have used this site for my more advanced kids I tutor about critical thinking and pseudoscience.

TigerWidow,  thanks for the kind words. I find people like him more humorous than anything. I used to comment here about two years back, before the great schism. Now we have theflatearthsociety.org and google.com.  I have used this site for my more advanced kids I tutor about critical thinking and pseudoscience.

Good choice. It's a case study in fallacy. The volume of mental gymnastics going on here is quite astonishing at times. I come and go, in equal parts amazed and dumbfounded. I learned quite quickly that attempts at proper debate on here are futile. One thing I am getting from here though is a much clearer understanding of the intricacies of wilful ignorance and delusion. It's also given me a much greater appreciation of several scientific fields. So it's not a total loss I suppose :)

There's no contradiction here. Of course rain comes from the sky, where else could it come from?

NASA troll frenat has actually answered this already; they are.

Hastily jumping to conclusions without doing any effort to understand chemical and physical processes.

Have you ever been on an island? Weather is variable and a "sunny day" can quickly turn into a cloudy or partially cloudy one. Not surprising with so much water around.

"We must see" is a fallacy.

No, nothing in nature moves "random". There are always physical and chemical factors behind the processes we observe.

Good luck with any conclusion your invented cloudism is an argument for Flat Earth...  ::)
I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses - Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.