Globe Earth Debunk: Why aren't there majority of the clouds on the oceans?

• 37 Replies

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
Yup. Totally ignored my post that answered all four of his points. What a surprise.   ;)

I didn't read any of your posts because you are trolling the forum like other your colleagues

>> How are the NASA trolls hiding the truth for support themselves ? https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66578.0

I will post in a debate forum then not actually read anything anyone says. ;)  Not surprising. Science is difficult. There is a reason scientists tend to be highly intelligent people. No worries, good to know your limitations. Enjoy your magic book.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

EmbracePhysReality

• Flat Earth Theorist
My sixth graders were able to grasp all these ideas pretty easily. Some basic facts first.

Evaporation is not the same boiling. Evaporation is controlled by both temperature and pressure. Essentially the air has some space for the water molecules and those that gain enough energy leave the water’s surface and enter the air. Some actually collide with the various gas molecules in the air and bounce back into the water, however most will remain in the air.

Condensation is controlled almost entirely by temperature and to a much lesser extent pressure.

Relative humidity is the amount of gaseous water in the air relative to the amount the atmosphere can hold at that temperature and pressure.

Gaseous water is invisible whilst liquid water is visible.

I think that is all we need. Now to explain this all for you. I will hit it point by point then explicate what I think needs it afterwards.

1- Why aren't there majority of the clouds on the oceans?

Yes, a great deal of the gaseous water in the atmosphere does come from evaporation over the oceans. Not all by any means, but a large majority does. I would wager on the average day over time the majority of cloud cover is over the oceans. The world is large, the oceans cover 70% of it. Just because you do not see clouds over your local ocean view does not equate to, “there are no clouds over the oceans.”

As mentioned above gaseous water is invisible. So although you might not directly observe it there may be a great deal of moisture in the air. I used to live at the ocean in NJ. It could be 98% humidity at the beach and not a cloud in the sky. Because it was all still in gaseous form.

Clouds form from pockets of lower pressure or temperature. Small dust particles in the air are seeds for liquid water to condense onto and to ultimately become clouds. We can see clouds because they are made up of liquid water, not gaseous water. How are they able to remain aloft? Buoyancy.  They are floating in the air. Eventually parts of the cloud do become too heavy to float and fall to the ground as rain drops.

2- Sometimes a cloudy day it's not raining and sometimes it's raining with a few clouds on a sunny day. These cases show us the clouds aren't the exact cause for occuring the rain.

Clouds are often the main source of rain. Clouds can remain aloft as long as the drops of water in them, and often small ice particles, stay small enough. So not all clouds will produce rain. As temperature drops or pressure, or both, more gaseous water condenses out of the air to become liquid water, the drops grow in size and finally fall. Are clouds necessary for rain? No. Let’s imagine it is 100% humidity outside. And like a NJ summer there is not a cloud in the sky, the water is still all gaseous. If there is a small decrease in temp, pressure, or both the relative humidity will rise to over 100% and the water must condense out. You will get rain without a cloud in the sky. Usually not much but I have experienced this a few times. Conversely the sky can be covered in thick dark clouds but have no rain. 

3- We must see the clouds on the oceans on every day in summer because it such as boiling pans. But we don't ! And sunny days the air in the ocean usually open like the lands.

I think you mean on hot days we should see a great deal of clouds over the oceans. See above. Local conditions, relative humidity etc.

4- We must see the clouds usually moving from oceans and seas to lands but this situation does not usually occur. Clous move random.

Clouds do not move completely randomly.  There are jet streams, pressure differentials and other factors that steer them.

Temperature determines cloud coverage much more than pressure. I could show you a gif that is over a ten year period and shows cloud coverage and humidity over the northern and southern hemispheres. You would see that in the winter there is much less cloud coverage and humidity, while during summer much more. But I do not know how to just place a gif in my response and I am not making an imugr account to do so.

Please stop trolling, it's not funny and it gets really annoying.
Embrace the truth!

CaptainMagpie

• Aristibird of Knowledge
My sixth graders were able to grasp all these ideas pretty easily. Some basic facts first.

Evaporation is not the same boiling. Evaporation is controlled by both temperature and pressure. Essentially the air has some space for the water molecules and those that gain enough energy leave the water’s surface and enter the air. Some actually collide with the various gas molecules in the air and bounce back into the water, however most will remain in the air.

Condensation is controlled almost entirely by temperature and to a much lesser extent pressure.

Relative humidity is the amount of gaseous water in the air relative to the amount the atmosphere can hold at that temperature and pressure.

Gaseous water is invisible whilst liquid water is visible.

I think that is all we need. Now to explain this all for you. I will hit it point by point then explicate what I think needs it afterwards.

1- Why aren't there majority of the clouds on the oceans?

Yes, a great deal of the gaseous water in the atmosphere does come from evaporation over the oceans. Not all by any means, but a large majority does. I would wager on the average day over time the majority of cloud cover is over the oceans. The world is large, the oceans cover 70% of it. Just because you do not see clouds over your local ocean view does not equate to, “there are no clouds over the oceans.”

As mentioned above gaseous water is invisible. So although you might not directly observe it there may be a great deal of moisture in the air. I used to live at the ocean in NJ. It could be 98% humidity at the beach and not a cloud in the sky. Because it was all still in gaseous form.

Clouds form from pockets of lower pressure or temperature. Small dust particles in the air are seeds for liquid water to condense onto and to ultimately become clouds. We can see clouds because they are made up of liquid water, not gaseous water. How are they able to remain aloft? Buoyancy.  They are floating in the air. Eventually parts of the cloud do become too heavy to float and fall to the ground as rain drops.

2- Sometimes a cloudy day it's not raining and sometimes it's raining with a few clouds on a sunny day. These cases show us the clouds aren't the exact cause for occuring the rain.

Clouds are often the main source of rain. Clouds can remain aloft as long as the drops of water in them, and often small ice particles, stay small enough. So not all clouds will produce rain. As temperature drops or pressure, or both, more gaseous water condenses out of the air to become liquid water, the drops grow in size and finally fall. Are clouds necessary for rain? No. Let’s imagine it is 100% humidity outside. And like a NJ summer there is not a cloud in the sky, the water is still all gaseous. If there is a small decrease in temp, pressure, or both the relative humidity will rise to over 100% and the water must condense out. You will get rain without a cloud in the sky. Usually not much but I have experienced this a few times. Conversely the sky can be covered in thick dark clouds but have no rain. 

3- We must see the clouds on the oceans on every day in summer because it such as boiling pans. But we don't ! And sunny days the air in the ocean usually open like the lands.

I think you mean on hot days we should see a great deal of clouds over the oceans. See above. Local conditions, relative humidity etc.

4- We must see the clouds usually moving from oceans and seas to lands but this situation does not usually occur. Clous move random.

Clouds do not move completely randomly.  There are jet streams, pressure differentials and other factors that steer them.

Temperature determines cloud coverage much more than pressure. I could show you a gif that is over a ten year period and shows cloud coverage and humidity over the northern and southern hemispheres. You would see that in the winter there is much less cloud coverage and humidity, while during summer much more. But I do not know how to just place a gif in my response and I am not making an imugr account to do so.

Please stop trolling, it's not funny and it gets really annoying.
What part of that is trolling?
fuck off penguin.  I'll take my ban to tell you to go fuck your self.  Ban please.   I am waiting.

?

tappet

By posting it. He say's "my sixth graders"
Guess what, everybody on this forum has done sixth grade. We all learnt from Donald and we all passed, even Intikam.
But look Intikam had a different thought and Donald is back to teach him again.
Good on you Donald, you make it all good again.

Guess what, everybody on this forum has done sixth grade. We all learnt from Donald and we all passed, even Intikam.

What makes you think Īntikam has done 6th Grade? i see no evidence...

?

tappet

What makes you think Īntikam has done 6th Grade? i see no evidence...
The evidence is asking the question.
To ask the question he has to first be taught by Donald. Intikam thought, "sounds legit" but as time went by Intikam had different thoughts and experiences. So lucky for Intikam, Donald is here to sort him out with of coarse help from you.
Its very important to remember that some highly intelligent scientists taught Donald so he could teach 11 year old children how the world works. So to all the Donald's out there, thanks.

İntikam, no one here has really trolled you, if they did it would go something like....

"Hey İntikam, how many Kurds have you killed this week? How many do you plan on killing next week?"

or

"How does it feel to live in a country hated by the entire rest of Europe?"

or

"How does it feel to live in the most backward country in Europe?"

or

"One day a Turk and his camel were walking in a desert when they meet a stranger.
Stranger asks: Where are you going with this donkey ?
Turk replies: Are you blind to see this is not a donkey ?
Stranger quickly replies: I am not talking to you, I am talking to camel."

If someone posted examples like that, they would be trolling you.

Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China

Thanks.  And Intikam might not have had this in Turkey. Although he probably did.   :D
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin