Stars are NOT balls of burning gas!

• 13 Replies

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

• Creator and proponent of Celestial Ocean Theory.
Stars are NOT balls of burning gas!
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:56:02 AM »
I have spent some time studying the behavior of stars and other celestial objects, and comparing them with various Flat Earth cosmologies, and I see no way in which they contradict.

The idea of stars being giant spheres of gas is simply ridiculous. I prefer a much simpler, yet far more likely scenario: Sonoluminescence.
Let us first take a look at the cosmology of the Universe.

"Deep space" does not exist, as all Flat Earthers probably agree with. Stars are simply fixed to the firmament, some would say.
However, I believe the firmament is not the outermost layer of the world. Let's look at the evidence:

Genesis 7:11
"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened."

Genesis 8:2
"Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky."

The Bible mentions these floodgates often, suggesting that there is a canopy of water above the Earth. This water lies above the firmament, which protects us from this water.
The stars are not fixed to the firmament; they are submerged in this Celestial Sea. They are not burning gas; they are lights created by implosions in oxygen bubbles in water, caused by sound waves. This effect is often observed right here on Earth, and it looks like this:

The creator of that particular video, Seth Putterman, called it the "Star in a jar", and referred to it as looking like "a star in the heavens."
There is an explanation of stars, and it is NOT what the heliocentrist want you to know.

The Earth is as flat as RE arguments.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
Re: Stars are NOT balls of burning gas!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!
How stupid can you get?  "Sonoluminescence?"  Are you fucking kidding me right now?
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:03:23 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!
How stupid can you get?  "Sonoluminescence?"  Are you fucking kidding me right now?

Once again, the heliocentrists turn to sarcasm and insults rather than present evidence. Probably because you don't have any.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:06:39 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!

Once again, the heliocentrists turn to sarcasm and insults rather than present evidence. Probably because you don't have any.
I have plenty, but this is basic research that I shouldn't have to do for you. 
Making a serious reply would imply that I take your ideas seriously, but I don't, because they're dumb as hell. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:00 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!

Making a serious reply would imply that I take your ideas seriously, but I don't, because they're dumb as hell.

I'm not asking you to do research for my, I'm asking you to at least try to refute this. This is a debate site, for debates. But then again, you don't have any evidence to present anyways, I expect.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!

I'm not asking you to do research for my, I'm asking you to at least try to refute this. This is a debate site, for debates. But then again, you don't have any evidence to present anyways, I expect.
I suggest you start looking into stellar emission spectra. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
How does this "star in a bottle work"?
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:30 AM »
I have spent some time studying the behavior of stars and other celestial objects, and comparing them with various Flat Earth cosmologies, and I see no way in which they contradict.
What reference works were you studying? How much time did you spend studying this?

The idea of stars being giant spheres of gas is simply ridiculous. I prefer a much simpler, yet far more likely scenario: Sonoluminescence.

"Deep space" does not exist, as all Flat Earthers probably agree with. Stars are simply fixed to the firmament, some would say.
However, I believe the firmament is not the outermost layer of the world. Let's look at the evidence:

"In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened."

"Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky."

The Bible mentions these floodgates often, suggesting that there is a canopy of water above the Earth. This water lies above the firmament, which protects us from this water.
The stars are not fixed to the firmament; they are submerged in this Celestial Sea. They are not burning gas; they are lights created by implosions in oxygen bubbles in water, caused by sound waves. This effect is often observed right here on Earth, and it looks like this:
Bible passages aren't evidence. They are accepted by some on faith.

Is this the only reference you have been using for "studying the behavior of stars and other celestial objects"?

http://i.imgur.com/SMOpE5g.gif

The creator of that particular video, Seth Putterman, called it the "Star in a jar", and referred to it as looking like "a star in the heavens."
There is an explanation of stars, and it is NOT what the heliocentrist want you to know.
Has Mr. Putterman done any spectroscopy on the "Star in a jar"? How does its spectrum compare with those of various classes of stars? How does its variations in intensity compare with other stars' variations in intensity?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!

Not all ideas are valid, not all ideas deserve to be considered and refuted. For example my theory is that you are a vampire. Do you think that you should take this idea seriously and attempt to refute it?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »

@Sir Richard vindicated  :D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »

How do you explain the spectrum of EM radiation from them?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 08:53:50 PM »

I refer you to the crab nebula from wikipedia

The Crab Nebula (catalogue designations M1, NGC 1952, Taurus A) is a supernova remnant and pulsar wind nebula in the constellation of Taurus. It is not, as its name might suggest, in Cancer. The now-current name is due to William Parsons, 3rd Earl of Rosse, who observed the object in 1840 using a 36-inch telescope and produced a drawing that looked somewhat like a crab.[5] Corresponding to a bright supernova recorded by Chinese astronomers in 1054, the nebula was observed later by English astronomer John Bevis in 1731. The nebula was the first astronomical object identified with a historical supernova explosion.

This is one piece of evidence that the universe is real.
Full reference below. you need to read all to appreciate the reference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Nebula
there are two short video to see with in the reference.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:19:13 PM by MouseWalker »
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Stanton

• Pizza Earth with Extra Cheese
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »

Let's look at the evidence:

Reality version 1.0:

Poetry is not, and will never be, an excuse for ignorance.

You shills REALLY need to watch your vocabulary.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 02:25:42 AM »
Oh no!  He's onto us!

Mechanism of Sonoluminescence
Sonoluminescence is a phenomenon that occurs when a small gas bubble is acoustically suspended and periodically driven in a liquid solution at ultrasonic frequencies, resulting in bubble collapse, cavitation, and light emission. The thermal energy that is released from the bubble collapse is so great that it can cause weak light emission.

So, all this came from cogitation, or do you have some evidence? Maybe you could tell us:
  • Where does the acoustic energy come from to suspend these gas bubbles comes from?
  • Where do the ultrasonic frequencies come from?
  • The light emission is only weak anyway!
To be honest, the polite way of putting it is that you are talking through your hat!
We don't have any evidence of what? There is lots spectroscopic evidence, especially on the sun, but also from the stars.

Just what spectrum do we get from this Sonoluminescence and does it coincide with that already determined from the stars?