The curvature of the sky

• 3 Replies

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
The curvature of the sky
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
I posted this one in the debate section, but you ignored it.
If the sky is parallel with the flat earth, why does it appear curved and why does it appear that the highest point in the sky is always right above you? I mean, a flat ceiling doesn't appear curved no matter how big a room is.
A former Flat Earther.
This is my story, which I'd encourage every Flat Earther to read:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67051.0

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The curvature of the sky
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »
If the sky is parallel with the flat earth, why does it appear curved and why does it appear that the highest point in the sky is always right above you? I mean, a flat ceiling doesn't appear curved no matter how big a room is.

Directly above you, there is the least amount of dense atmoplane to look through.  Straight ahead is the most amount of dense atmoplane to look through.  The density of the atmoplane changes non-lineally in between looking straight up and straight ahead, and this gives the illusion that the sky is a dome. 

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »

Directly above you, there is the least amount of dense atmoplane to look through.  Straight ahead is the most amount of dense atmoplane to look through.  The density of the atmoplane changes non-lineally in between looking straight up and straight ahead, and this gives the illusion that the sky is a dome.

In the flat earth world shouldn't the dome meet the ice wall at the edge of the flat earth ? Are you saying the dome is not real but is just an illusion ? Where are some facts on the density of the atmoplane ?  Can you see stars on the horizon on the flat earth world ? In other words is the so-called dome not really dome-shaped but just a flat surface like the ceiling in a room as has  been mentioned in a previous post ?  Is the dome, or whatever it really is, just 150 feet, or the height of the ice wall, that much closer to the ice wall ?
That old engraving shows a man looking through the bottom of the dome where it meets the edge of the flat earth, does it not ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:41:19 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 05:52:53 AM »
THERE CANT BE DOME ABOVE EARTH RATHER IT LOOKS LIKE THAT PROBABLY BECAUSE SKY IS INFINITE SO IT SEEMS LIKE DOME BUT IT IS NOT ACTUALLY,