explain daylight hours on clock after Earth revolves around sun 180 degrees

• 6 Replies
Globalists please explain this:

If the Earth is a spinning ball, and daylight hours are about 12 hours, then  when the earth gets to the other side of the sun, would not it be in the Dark during that 12 hours? Would every one not have to flip their clocks from am to pm?...
...except it would be gradual over the 6 months revolving around to the other side of the sun, so the 12 hour period would gradually get darker and darker until the whole 12 hour period when the Earth is on the other side of the Sun would be darkness.

explain please. thanks.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

so gg1gamer this is your post #1? You made an account to answer my question? Let me guess.. Dinosaur Neil!?!?

your video verifies nothing but demonstrates the flat earth theory. Can someone type words to answer my question logically please.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:34:44 AM by Jay1 »

gg1gamer

• time enjoyed wasting is not wasted
That it is my first post doesn't seem relevant to me, but hey, if you want to carp at that, I don't care.

And then back to your question.

In your question you are assuming that the axis of the earth stands at 90 degrees of the circular orbit it makes.  This is wrong, the axis stands at an angle of (I don't know the exact number but it's around) 23 degrees.  This makes that in the summer days are longer then in the winter.  But not everywhere on the north and the south pole you have a half year of darkness.

This is kind of what's said in the video but hey, if you want to read in stead of look, I still don't care.

In your question you are assuming that the axis of the earth stands at 90 degrees of the circular orbit it makes.  This is wrong, the axis stands at an angle of (I don't know the exact number but it's around) 23 degrees.  This makes that in the summer days are longer then in the winter.  But not everywhere on the north and the south pole you have a half year of darkness.

no, it doesn't.

let me make it a little more simple for you:

noon on one side of the sun would be practically directly facing the sun, but after 180 degrees around the sun that point on the "globe" is facing AWAY from the sun at that exact same time.

right?

LuggerSailor

• 12 men on the Moon, 11 of them Scouts.

If the Earth is a spinning ball, and daylight hours are about 12 hours, then  when the earth gets to the other side of the sun, would not it be in the Dark during that 12 hours? Would every one not have to flip their clocks from am to pm?...
...except it would be gradual over the 6 months revolving around to the other side of the sun, so the 12 hour period would gradually get darker and darker until the whole 12 hour period when the Earth is on the other side of the Sun would be darkness.

explain please. thanks.

You need to learn the difference between Solar and Siderial days.

http://community.dur.ac.uk/john.lucey/users/e2_solsid.html

This is the reason constellations rise at different times throughout the year and astrologers witter about star signs.

LuggerSailor.
Sailor and Navigator.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

explain please. thanks.
[/quot]
The earth does not rotate once in 24 hours. 24 hours is the e it take a point facing the sun (where it is 12 noon) to rotate until it again faces the sun. In 24 hours the earth rotates about 1 + (1/365.24)) revolutions.
The actual time for one rotation is called a sidereal day and is 23.9344699 hours.
Sidereal Day
the time between two consecutive transits of the First Point of Aries. It represents the time taken by the earth to rotate on its axis relative to the stars, and is almost four minutes shorter than the solar day because of the earth's orbital motion.

So, no problem on the rotating globe.