Basic Mathematics and the Taint of Failure

• 4 Replies

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:02:14 PM »

Early life. 

The new born child is in a world of wonder.  What is the world that he has been born into.  Such wonder and awe.  There are no rules, no regiment.  The child is free to explore his environment.  Taste, sound, touch.  These are the creative motivations for early ponder.  The innocence is quickly extinguished by the corporate and institutional agenda of the world to which he or she is born into.

The travesty of the sterile world takes its place upon the mind of the child.  From the steady din of the cold world, to the manufactured existence that is forced, the child is quickly put into a system where free thought is stifled and obedience to a higher vapor is encouraged.  Such examples of these vile instruments can be found on the pages of a child toy store or clothing store. 

As I have demonstrated in early works, the example of 1+1 The child is quickly forced to understand this concept.  It is taught not on a blackboard with chalk, but, is, reinforced with the simplest of materials.  The wood play blocks that have been inscribed with simple mathematical formulas and symbols.  These wood blocks are as simple as the number 1 and the number 2 and so fourth.  There are also division and addition symbols.  There can be no independent thought at this point.  The child has been forced upon a system that will grip him or her for the rest of their childhood and most likely for their natural life.

What would a world look like if such ideas were not forced? 
                           What scientific advancements would have been created?
                           What future may we have?
                           What wonder there may have been in this world?

We live in a system that has been manufactured by unknown forces.  There is no free thought to be had.  This dis service to our planet and our lives is profound.

I will be continuing this study into the future.

Re: Basic Mathematics and the Taint of Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:08 PM »

Early life. 

The new born child is in a world of wonder.  What is the world that he has been born into.  Such wonder and awe.  There are no rules, no regiment.  The child is free to explore his environment.  Taste, sound, touch.  These are the creative motivations for early ponder.  The innocence is quickly extinguished by the corporate and institutional agenda of the world to which he or she is born into.

The travesty of the sterile world takes its place upon the mind of the child.  From the steady din of the cold world, to the manufactured existence that is forced, the child is quickly put into a system where free thought is stifled and obedience to a higher vapor is encouraged.  Such examples of these vile instruments can be found on the pages of a child toy store or clothing store. 

As I have demonstrated in early works, the example of “1+1” The child is quickly forced to understand this concept.  It is taught not on a blackboard with chalk, but, is, reinforced with the simplest of materials.  The wood play blocks that have been inscribed with simple mathematical formulas and symbols.  These wood blocks are as simple as the number “1” and the number “2” and so fourth.  There are also division and addition symbols.  There can be no independent thought at this point.  The child has been forced upon a system that will grip him or her for the rest of their childhood and most likely for their natural life.

For one thing, we wouldn't be communicating with each other using computers.

What scientific advancements would have been created?

Most likely, very few. Occasionally, someone might discover the wheel or fire all over again.

What future may we have?

Cold in winter. Hot in summer. Hungry most of the time.

What wonder there may have been in this world?

A struggle for survival can be pretty exciting if you're not too exhausted to appreciate it!

We live in a system that has been manufactured by unknown forces.  There is no free thought to be had.  This dis service to our planet and our lives is profound.

I will be continuing this study into the future.

I'm sure most of the world anxiously awaits your insights. I know I do!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:51:37 AM »

The early iron age, probably.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:46:58 AM »
Being forced to believe something implies an alternative, now there do exist other algebraic structures other than the real numbers, but I can't think of one which is more useful in everyday life. If you have an alternative "version" of maths can you tell us what it is.

Also, could this problem be solved without first being taught basic maths.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:48:32 AM by Empirical »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:45:09 AM »
Being forced to believe something implies an alternative, now there do exist other algebraic structures other than the real numbers, but I can't think of one which is more useful in everyday life. If you have an alternative "version" of maths can you tell us what it is.

Also, could this problem be solved without first being taught basic maths.

I have a feeling that bullhorn couldn't care less, so long as someone else does all the hard work and gives him TV, computers, internet, GPS, cars, buses, trains, etc, etc almost ad infinitum!

Of course if he would prefer to live in the Iron Age, let him go and try - he might not find it easy without all the "technology" they had even then. in knowing where to find the ore, how to smelt their iron, how to shape utensils and weapons etc, etc. Even that ]was technology[/b and passed down from one generation to the next - and that is all education is!