Satellites and tv channals

• 29 Replies
Satellites and tv channals
« on: April 16, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »
I am from Iraq, and I can watch CNN how is it possible if there is no any satellites around earth or above us that transports the signals from the TV from USA to my country. I am saying that because the people who believe in flat earth say that there is no Satellites.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Satellites and tv channals
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 05:20:44 PM »
Are you saying that analog radio signals can not be transmitted from ground based antennas?

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:28:56 AM »
Are you saying that analog radio signals can not be transmitted from ground based antennas?
considering satellite TV dishes have to be pointing at an exact point in the sky I think we can rule out omni directional ground based transmitters. Unless you have any proof that is? I bet you don't though.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:28:32 AM »
CNN is a digital transmission. Part of a multiplex on a satellite transmission, as you know.

?

tappet

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:14 AM »
I am from Iraq, and I can watch CNN how is it possible if there is no any satellites around earth or above us that transports the signals from the TV from USA to my country. I am saying that because the people who believe in flat earth say that there is no Satellites.
Yes Akram, I too do not understand this. My new sat nav is working perfectly.

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 05:53:23 AM »
What you say is untrue. What is true is that some Flat Earth Theorists deny the existence of satellites, but not all do. For example, I can demonstrate that satellites are compatible with the Flat Earth Theory. My suggestion is you do a bit more reading prior to making blanket statements.
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 05:58:21 AM »
What you say is untrue. What is true is that some Flat Earth Theorists deny the existence of satellites, but not all do. For example, I can demonstrate that satellites are compatible with the Flat Earth Theory. My suggestion is you do a bit more reading prior to making blanket statements.
Please demonstrate both orbiting and geostationary.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:15:02 AM »
CNN is a digital transmission. Part of a multiplex on a satellite transmission, as you know.

Digital TV is sent by radio waves.  ::)

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 07:15:07 AM »

Your point is?  Again the existance of A does not prove the non existance of B as you often try to infer.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:32:28 AM by inquisitive »

Yendor

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 08:20:18 AM »

I'm under the impression you are a flat earth believer and would you please explain how an artificial satellite can orbit a flat earth. I have researched this and I don't understand how it would work in your model like we are told satellites orbit the earth.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
Please demonstrate both orbiting and geostationary.
Please look at the believers section on this fair forum and my post under the thread I started :Kant and bounded Non Euclidian surfaces.
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"  J Stalin

"It is not the people that vote that count it is the people that count the votes" J Stalin

DanneJeRusse

• Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »

I'm under the impression you are a flat earth believer and would you please explain how an artificial satellite can orbit a flat earth. I have researched this and I don't understand how it would work in your model like we are told satellites orbit the earth.

I would suspect, as well, that satellites orbiting a flat earth would be violating Newtons First Law, unless there is some kind of unbalanced force causing them to orbit.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »

Your point is?  Again the existance of A does not prove the non existance of B as you often try to infer.

My point is that radio waves can be transmitted and received from many types of antennas; not just from ones that magically float in the sky.  ::)

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 09:51:18 PM »

Your point is?  Again the existence of A does not prove the nonexistence of B as you often try to infer.

My point is that radio waves can be transmitted and received from many types of antennas; not just from ones that magically float in the sky.  ::)

Yes, radio waves in general can, but the specific radio waves in question could only have been transmitted by "magical sky antennae."  Of course, if it was just magic (aether) keeping them up there, we wouldn't be able to track them in the ways that we do. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 01:46:59 AM »

Your point is?  Again the existence of A does not prove the nonexistence of B as you often try to infer.

Yes, radio waves in general can, but the specific radio waves in question could only have been transmitted by "magical sky antennae."  Of course, if it was just magic (aether) keeping them up there, we wouldn't be able to track them in the ways that we do. 

My microwave oven emits microwaves, yet it does not float around my kitchen.  What is it about these special radio waves that prevents them from being transmitted from a ground based transmitter? 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 02:23:16 AM »

My microwave oven emits microwaves, yet it does not float around my kitchen.  What is it about these special radio waves that prevents them from being transmitted from a ground based transmitter?
The fact that we have to point our dishes at a special point in space for them to work. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 02:49:45 AM »

Are you just trying to pretend you do not understand?  A single ground based transmitter would not achive the coverage, as you know.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 03:26:47 AM »

The fact that we have to point our dishes at a special point in space for them to work. 

I receive digital tv just fine without pointing anything at a dish at the sky.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:57 AM »

Are you just trying to pretend you do not understand?  A single ground based transmitter would not achive the coverage, as you know.

Why would it need to be a single transmitter? 

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:07 AM »

Well sure, if you have over-the-air or cable, but for those of us who have Dish, we have to have the receiver pointed at the satellite.  There's a chart online somewhere of where to point the dish, by area code. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 05:12:43 AM »

That is not relevant to the discussion.

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 05:54:07 AM »

The Terrestial Plane is bounded non Euclidian Space, this explaining why that if we are at point XY and travel in the direction X for sufficient time and speed we end up back at XY.

The Celestial Sphere is Euclidian Space which is above the Terrestrial Plane. The aether at the Sea Level on the Terrestrial Plane is of very low density but increase geometrically with altitude above this Plane.

When an object is delivered at sufficient altitude into the aether, where sufficient density exists, the aether holds the object in place much like a buoy in the water. In addition at sufficient altitudes above the Terresrrial Plane the aether rotates (this is what moves, or effects the movement of, the Celestial Bodies.
Thus an object delivered at sufficient altitude is both suspended by the aether and moved by it . Those delivered at lower altitudes are buoyed by it, but at low enough altitudes are below the aetheric whirpool and are stationary.
Thus we both have stationary and moving satellites. Also note that the "apparently strange" orbits observed on the Terrestrial Plane of these moving satellites are a result of observing from a non Euclidian space the movement of objects in Euclidian space.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 05:57:35 AM »

The Terrestial Plane is bounded non Euclidian Space, this explaining why that if we are at point XY and travel in the direction X for sufficient time and speed we end up back at XY.

The Celestial Sphere is Euclidian Space which is above the Terrestrial Plane. The aether at the Sea Level on the Terrestrial Plane is of very low density but increase geometrically with altitude above this Plane.

When an object is delivered at sufficient altitude into the aether, where sufficient density exists, the aether holds the object in place much like a buoy in the water. In addition at sufficient altitudes above the Terresrrial Plane the aether rotates (this is what moves, or effects the movement of, the Celestial Bodies.
Thus an object delivered at sufficient altitude is both suspended by the aether and moved by it . Those delivered at lower altitudes are buoyed by it, but at low enough altitudes are below the aetheric whirpool and are stationary.
Thus we both have stationary and moving satellites. Also note that the "apparently strange" orbits observed on the Terrestrial Plane of these moving satellites are a result of observing from a non Euclidian space the movement of objects in Euclidian space.

Then why do launch vehicles need to accelerate sideways so much?  Why do satellites generally follow elliptical Kepler orbits? 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »

Then why do launch vehicles need to accelerate sideways so much?  Why do satellites generally follow elliptical Kepler orbits?
The answer to the former question is the rotational effect of the aether.  The answer to latter question is that they only "appear" to follow Kepler orbits. What you are in fact seeing is the path in Euclidian Space being traced, or observed in Non Euclidian Bounded Space (as the observer).

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
The answer to the former question is the rotational effect of the aether.  The answer to latter question is that they only "appear" to follow Kepler orbits. What you are in fact seeing is the path in Euclidian Space being traced, or observed in Non Euclidian Bounded Space (as the observer).
So, the world is flat but appears to be round due to the hallucinatory effects of the aether?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Sir Richard

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
So, the world is flat but appears to be round due to the hallucinatory effects of the aether?
Well my Dear Man If you call the affects of viewing motion in a Euclidian Space from a bounded Non Euclidian Space as Hallucinatory, why yes I suppose it could be. Or this hallucinatory effect might just as well be ascribed to the three or four gills of gin you had prior to breakfast. I suppose.

But whilst we are at it, please explain the experiments that you have conducted on the properties of the "fantastical" dark matter than apparently makes up 96% of the Helio-centrist imagined universe. I would enjoy hearing the details about "dark" matter's atomic structure, the covalent bonds of such why and even the "interesting" atoms that make it up this magikal substance... but then I suppose you will tell me that we cannot conduct such experiments because no one has captured a single atom of this substance...nor ever seen it... but none the less it is not hallucinatory matter real because, I suppose, it simply must be.

Of course without this "dark matter" Einstein is nothing but lunatic with an excellent math background and a fetid imagination and penchant for extremely bad haircuts and even worst taste in his manner of clothing.

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:44 PM »
Why are you rambling about dark matter?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 07:23:18 PM »

:P That was really a most informative post  :P - that says nothing that everyone here does not know already!

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 02:13:06 AM »

So they only "appear" to be trackable using Kepler elements, and only "appear" to follow the same rules as other moons and planets in the solar system?  But, for some reason, nobody wants us to know that this is the case, and they have managed to keep the secret for centuries, only slipping up in mundane ways like not putting stars in the lunar sky, correct? 
Sure, that sounds like the most reasonable, sound conclusion to make  ::)
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

DanneJeRusse

• Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 06:02:10 AM »

Quite simple really, it's all about line of sight. Ground based transmitters cannot penetrate large objects like buildings, hills, mountains, etc. for those who live on the other side of them from the transmitter. A company would have to build many receivers or repeaters to gain the same coverage as one satellite transmitter would easily accomplish.