Heaven and Hell in a flat universe

• 13 Replies
Heaven and Hell in a flat universe
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »
Neither heaven nor hell can be in our universe; both existed before the supposed creation of our universe.

Whether that place is another dimension, another parallel universe or some unnamed type of place is unknown.  We can't even make an intelligent guess as we have no indication that such things even exist.

So I would be interested to know where you guys think heaven and hell fit into a flat universe?

Re: Heaven and Hell in a flat universe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:48:04 AM »
Would the question even be answerable logically? I would think it would be the same answer. Whether the Earth is round or flat doesn't change the fact that Heaven and Hell, if such exist, would be external to our universe.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Would the question even be answerable logically? I would think it would be the same answer. Whether the Earth is round or flat doesn't change the fact that Heaven and Hell, if such exist, would be external to our universe.

There are a couple of users who've used a flat Earth to take literally heaven being above, and hell being below.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 04:01:28 PM »
I do not know any religion stating that hell existed prior to the creation of the universe. It would kinda state that the devil is a being coeternal with God.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 01:04:28 AM »
I do not know any religion stating that hell existed prior to the creation of the universe. It would kinda state that the devil is a being coeternal with God.
Depends which mythology you follow Christian-wise. A lot of people believe angels were created pre-universe, and if the devil is Lucifer then there you go. There's not really too much detail on such things: there's barely a devil in the OT when the creation story was given. What might pass for the devil is clearly a servant of God, in a devil's advocate capacity, OT-wise.
Still, there's not really much reason to think that something couldn't be created before our universe. If heaven/hell etc are parallel realms, there's no reason not to think they existed before, for example.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 01:32:52 AM »
Depends which mythology you follow Christian-wise. A lot of people believe angels were created pre-universe, and if the devil is Lucifer then there you go. There's not really too much detail on such things: there's barely a devil in the OT when the creation story was given. What might pass for the devil is clearly a servant of God, in a devil's advocate capacity, OT-wise.
Still, there's not really much reason to think that something couldn't be created before our universe. If heaven/hell etc are parallel realms, there's no reason not to think they existed before, for example.

Islam is quite clear on this, for God created hell for humans. For Christianity I do not know.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 01:38:29 AM »
Islam is quite clear on this, for God created hell for humans. For Christianity I do not know.
If God's omniscient, that still wouldn't imply he needed to create it after humans. Even people do the same thing all the time: when building something, places built for humans are created long before there are humans around to use them.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 03:17:19 AM »
If God's omniscient, that still wouldn't imply he needed to create it after humans. Even people do the same thing all the time: when building something, places built for humans are created long before there are humans around to use them.

At least in Sunni Islam he created heaven (jannah), earth and hell (jahannam) at the same time.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 08:00:30 AM »
If I recall correctly, in Catholic Christian mythology, Hell is a place created for Satan and his fallen angels, and was created before man. However its hard to tell how much of this was inspired by the views of people in the middle ages (and fixed due to Milton's and Dante's works?) and how much is based on the Bible. For example, it is a well known fact that the Old testament avoids mention of any hell. Sheol, the "jewish hell", seems to be an misinterpretation of simply graveyard, the eternal home. Or, it could also be that it was inspired by the notion of the Greek Hades, in which case heaven is hell.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 08:16:57 AM »
Jews don't generally believe in hell. Sheol is simply where the dead rest until the Day of Judgement.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »
Jews don't generally believe in hell. Sheol is simply where the dead rest until the Day of Judgement.

What happens to souls after Judgment? I'm very interested.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
Well, on the Day of Judgement, the souls of the decent go to Gan Eden, the Garden of Eden, Paradise. Those who are truly evil cease to exist. It should be noted that when you die, it is the case that you CAN be punished for up to a 11 months & 30 days in a Hell, by demons of our own creation. But after that you go to Sheol. We generally don't believe in a traditional Heaven, but rather, the Garden of Eden itself per se. But mind you, this is only a majority view. There is NOTHING like a uniform view in Judaism. Some few DO believe in Heaven & Hell, some in Transmigration, & some in no Afterlife @ all.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 10:58:02 PM »
Well, on the Day of Judgement, the souls of the decent go to Gan Eden, the Garden of Eden, Paradise. Those who are truly evil cease to exist. It should be noted that when you die, it is the case that you CAN be punished for up to a 11 months & 30 days in a Hell, by demons of our own creation. But after that you go to Sheol. We generally don't believe in a traditional Heaven, but rather, the Garden of Eden itself per se. But mind you, this is only a majority view. There is NOTHING like a uniform view in Judaism. Some few DO believe in Heaven & Hell, some in Transmigration, & some in no Afterlife @ all.

Thanks! Very interesting.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
  • http://www.freewebs.com/raacoz/thesunhasnoheat.htm
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »
the earth is the bottom half of the universe  and hell is half way down below our feet and heaven is above us all the way to the sky...
both will be enlarged to incomprehensible sizes and time spans
Everything, is in EMBRYO, not in mathematics. 
Please look at the 1/4 moon when it's around at noon ; We cannot see anything between it and the sun.