• 9 Replies

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
Moon circular shadow
« on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »
So I was going somewhere when I saw the moon at day. It was a bit like this:

This cannot be done with an anti-moon because:

• The shadow is concave, not convex.
  • It is sort of gradual. If you look at it, you know it's a shadow.

I am prepared and wearing tin-foil to block the impending stupidity and extreme denial.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Moon circular shadow
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 01:59:34 AM »

I am prepared and wearing tin-foil to block the impending stupidity and extreme denial.
A bit hard to answer since:
  • The Phases of the Moon are not caused by a shadow. One hemisphere of the moon is illuminated by the sun all the time (except during a lunar eclipse) and the phases are caused by only part of that hemisphere facing the earth.
  • Without knowing the orientation of the Moon in that photo I can't comment further other than that the gradual transition is simply the Moon's surface being lit at a progressively lower angle near the terminator.

By the way I don't think the Flat Earth Society claims that the Moon phases are caused by a "Shadow Moon". Check "the Wiki", so I don't think you will need you tin hat yet, though their explanations might lead to a lot of head scratching!
Keep your tin hat for lunar eclipse explanations. 

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »

• The Phases of the Moon are not caused by a shadow. One hemisphere of the moon is illuminated by the sun all the time (except during a lunar eclipse) and the phases are caused by only part of that hemisphere facing the earth.
  • Without knowing the orientation of the Moon in that photo I can't comment further other than that the gradual transition is simply the Moon's surface being lit at a progressively lower angle near the terminator.

By the way I don't think the Flat Earth Society claims that the Moon phases are caused by a "Shadow Moon". Check "the Wiki", so I don't think you will need you tin hat yet, though their explanations might lead to a lot of head scratching!
It looks like a shadow to any person, it's more like light side-dark side.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:49:11 AM »

It looks like a shadow to any person, it's more like light side-dark side.
Yes, It's "light side-dark side", but not the shadow of a third object. I also tried to point out the even though the FE explanation does not make sense to me, it does not claim that it is the shadow of a third object either.

?

tappet

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 02:08:51 AM »
He is not listening to you.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 04:23:22 AM »
Doesn't look like it. Maybe he doesn't like my saying that the Flat Earth and Globe models both say that half the moon is illuminated by the sun.

?

tappet

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
Doesn't look like it. Maybe he doesn't like my saying that the Flat Earth and Globe models both say that half the moon is illuminated by the sun.
Nope, if you read his post he is clearly a stoner.
He say's "So I was going somewhere when I saw the moon at day. It was a bit like this"
He does not know where he was going, and the moon he saw was a bit like the moon we see.
And while this is going on he is wearing a tinfoil outfit.
Maybe you should consider drug testing for your team.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »
He say's "So I was going somewhere when I saw the moon at day. It was a bit like this"
He does not know where he was going, and the moon he saw was a bit like the moon we see.
Or maybe it's none of our business where he was going, and he didn't bother to take a picture, so he found one online. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »
What about some explanations as to how the moon phases work on the Flat Earth model! I simply cannot make sense of the Wiki explanation. I have brought it up numerous times and the vital questions get ignored!

?

Art

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 06:08:35 AM »
What about some explanations as to how the moon phases work on the Flat Earth model! I simply cannot make sense of the Wiki explanation. I have brought it up numerous times and the vital questions get ignored!

That explanation will also have to include why that whole picture of the Moon should be rotated depending on your location on Earth.
That shadow will appear on different sides of the Moon depending which hemisphere you view from.
RET:0 - FET:0