Are teddy Bears offensive?

• 35 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Are teddy Bears offensive?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
Lol yeah. And this is a clear case of entrapment. The students know their religion. The teacher was forced by a mob to break that law. She should sue.

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 07:55:54 AM »
Quote from: thestar.com
The protesting voices have included a 7-year-old student named Muhammad who said he asked Gibbons to name the bear after himself, not the Prophet.
He sould be punished more so for knowingly conspiring/knowingly trapping a victim into this situation, lets see you hang/shoot/jail a 7 year old of your own ethnicity and religious preference, you fucks.

The woman got off easy, her sentence was far less severe than one that would have been given to a person of origin of that country.

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
She definitely should have known that giving an in-animate object the same name as the Prophet was a huge mistake. This is not some obscure law; it's has to do with Islam's basic tenets regarding "imagery".

If it aint geometry or architecture forget it. You damn sure aren't suposed to even make representational images much less allow a foreign infidel to name one after Muhammid.

This woman is an un-fortunate victim of her own ignorance. Fortunately, she is only getting 15 days incarceration instead of something less pleasant; like Death! 

Granted; she may be unofficially beaten or otherwise abused but, If she gets home alive; what the hell! Better than being dead, I say.

Let this be a lesson to everyone on knowing where the fuck you are and with whom you are dealing.

As far as Teddy Bears being offensive:the idea might fly as a D grade, low budget film with bad acting and old "chucky cheese" type animatronics.

believe that; the Earth is flat until such time as I stand within the Space Station and personally see that it is a Globe.
or that the Earth is a sphere until such time as I stand upon the Icewall and personally see that it is a Flat Disk.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 02:48:27 AM »
Well...it was a christian school she was teaching in.

She was openly christian, the school was christian, the majority of pupils are christian. Some muslims sent their children there as muslims and decided that that their views should be enforced overall.

Fortunately for her the 15 days include her initial imprisonment, so she's already served most of them.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 05:59:36 AM »

As far as Teddy Bears being offensive:the idea might fly as a D grade, low budget film with bad acting and old "chucky cheese" type animatronics.

Again, your attempts at commedy suck. Stop trying.

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 01:46:20 AM »
I think the offense was in naming an animal - or a toy animal - for Mohammed.  Something similar happened about 40 years ago to an American diplomat who thoughtlessly named his duck Ahmed (which is a dimunitive of Mohammed).  I think in the US we might get cranked if someone named an animal Jesus.

Although I will admit at one point, many years back, during the Iranian hostage crisis and a little later when the Iranians were having people killed for translating or reading The Satanic Verses, I suggested that American swine farmers insult all Muslims by naming their principal hog (the breeding male) Mohammed, and the various sows for Mohammed's wives.  Imagine a farmer telling the local news reporter "My mohammed weighs a good 325 pounds, and my fatima just had a litter of 6 piglets."