Calculating the center and depth of the earth by using a compass.

• 28 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • To Us Everywhere Flat Earth
As we know that the North is close to the center of the earth and the compass always show the North about horizontal. Therewithal This is the one of the most prove the earth is a flat. But this is not our matter now. Anyway.

Control: Using another compass far away to first compass.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:21:22 AM by İntikam »
Ignore list: boydster, Bullwinkle, Crouton, DuckDodgers, Hamzah, JackBlack, jdaniel0319, Junker, Jura-Glenlivet II, magellanclavichord, Mundin, NotSoSkeptical, rabinoz

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Calculating the center and depth of the earth by using a compass.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 04:09:10 AM »
As we know that the North is close to the center of the earth and the compass always show the North about horizontal. Therewithal This is the one of the most prove the earth is a flat. But this is not our matter now. Anyway.

Please remember that the earth has TWO magnetic poles, the South Magnetic Pole was located at 64.28S 136.59E in 2015 and has been moving slowly north.
As you can see the South Magnetic Pole is not even within the Antarctic Circle.

Your suggestion might give the effective depth of the magnetic pole, but what has that to with the "thickness" of the earth?

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »

Because, of course, there's no way all of our seismograph readings mean anything. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 06:21:27 AM »

Please remember that the earth has TWO magnetic poles, the South Magnetic Pole was located at 64.28S 136.59E in 2015 and has been moving slowly north.
As you can see the South Magnetic Pole is not even within the Antarctic Circle.

Your suggestion might give the effective depth of the magnetic pole, but what has that to with the "thickness" of the earth?

I'm sorry but your knowledge is wrong.

There is only one magnetic pole that only on the North Pole. (in my opinion the center of the world)

So on the south of the equator or on the north side of the equator the compass always shows the North.

Look this point: The compass always shows the North. If you want to do that, you can check it by some articles on the internet. They have some reasons explain it but as you know that i'm rejecting their reasons.  ;)

The compass shows "in the earth" only on the north pole. All of the other places it shows the North pole horizontally.
including places you tell as "South Pole" (!). Yes the compass shows horizontally on the all over the Antarctica.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:30:42 AM by İntikam »
Ignore list: boydster, Bullwinkle, Crouton, DuckDodgers, Hamzah, JackBlack, jdaniel0319, Junker, Jura-Glenlivet II, magellanclavichord, Mundin, NotSoSkeptical, rabinoz

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:58 AM »

Bzzzt  wrong again.
At the north pole the magnetic inclination is 90 degrees,  same at the magnetic south pole.   Only horizontal at the equator,  that's why you buy different compasses for north and south hemisphere.  Some high quality compass makers make even more versions.

From http://geokov.com/education/magnetic-declination-inclination.aspx
The compass needle needs to rotate freely in order to align with the magnetic field, however as mentioned, the increase in magnetic inclination especially at higher latitudes results in one end of the compass needle to dip down and possibly drag against the compass capsule. In such cases the compass reading most likely won't be accurate. To prevent excessive dipping of the compass needle, compass manufactureres balance the needle for a specific magnetic zone. For example Silva compass manufacturer has divided the earth into five magnetic zones. MN - Magnetic North, NME - North of Magnetic Equator, ME - Magnetic Equator, SME - South of Magnetic Equator, MS - Magnetic South. Check with the compass manufacturer or a knowledgable retailer if you intend to use your compass during a trip in another part of the world. Safest bet is to buy a quality global compass that can be used in all regions.

You know the difference between inclination and declination?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:57:40 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »

"As we know" - I'm sorry, but exactly how do you know the N.Pole is in the center? Why not the S.Pole?
(http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65369.0)

Before we can discuss any of this, you must present a map that you are working from. *I* would say that people living south of the equator would prefer the S.Pole in the middle map. Of course, the people north of the equator would not like Alaska being 25,000+ mi from Europe and traveling to it be closer via the S.Pole. BTW, the EXACT SAME DISTORTIONS are on the N.Pole in the middle map.

You are starting with an assumption that is not proven. Everything goes downhill from that.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
As we know that the North is close to the center of the earth and the compass always show the North about horizontal.
Bzzzt  wrong again.

As soon as I read the first line I thought of that map. Thanks for posting it.

Now that he knows this, maybe İntikam can revise his model to include inclination angle and get a more accurate value for center and thickness. Let's see if he does.

There is only one magnetic pole that only on the North Pole.
The magnetic monopole is a cute idea too, as is the reasoning for that conclusion. The man's ideas are certainly interesting to read.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »
As we know that the North is close to the center of the earth and the compass always show the North about horizontal.
Bzzzt  wrong again.

Now that he knows this, maybe İntikam can revise his model to include inclination angle and get a more accurate value for center and thickness. Let's see if he does.

The magnetic monopole is a cute idea too, as is the reasoning for that conclusion. The man's ideas are certainly interesting to read.

This map does not make sense  for me.

Look at this map. This map shows i'm true. Look at my map and prove the opposite.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »
Bzzzt  wrong again.

That explains some things. If you can't read maps, why do you think you have special insight into the shape of the Earth?

Look at this map. This map shows i'm true. Look at my map and prove the opposite.  ;D

Wow, man... look at the pretty colors!! No argument here. I can see you believing that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 10:58:17 PM »
Bzzzt  wrong again.

That explains some things. If you can't read maps, why do you think you have special insight into the shape of the Earth?

Wow, man... look at the pretty colors!! No argument here. I can see you believing that.

No there are a lot of argumant but you can't see because you aren't a science who can understand it.

Is it hard draw a map by your arbitrarily and say to "look my argumant look this is science".

No. Your map means nothing.

Somebody  maked it up. I do not have to accept them like you do !

Theory: I said that in the south poll (in my opinion the point near outside of the earth) the compass shows horizantally.

If you say it shows 90 degrees bottom on the south pole  so you need to  proven it by physical way to you say about my theory "wrong". Or your objection is just an objection not enought to debunk it.

It's your faith or money:D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:03:43 PM by İntikam »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 11:17:15 PM »

If somebody say me wrong, he just need to debunk these magnetic ways on the map.

Use a compass on anywhere on the Antarctica and show us it shows to the bottom like The North Pole (The center of the world)

If you can do that, all of the NASA trolls are proud you and Everyone cheers you up including me.

If you can't do that, or if the compass shows about horizontal, this shows there is only one magnetic pole and the earth is a flat!

Come let's do it. You have thousands of scientists (satanist / atheist). Why nobody show it? Why do you afraid for?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:36:10 PM by İntikam »

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »

Use a compass on anywhere on the Antarctica and show us it shows to the bottom like The North Pole (The center of the world)

If you can do that, all of the NASA trolls are proud you and Everyone cheers you up including me.

If you can't do that, or if the compass shows about horizontal, this shows there is only one magnetic pole and the earth is a flat!

Come let's do it. You have thousands of scientists (satanist / atheist). Why nobody show it? Why do you afraid for?

The idea you originally presented was then magnetic inclination pointed to the center of the earth,  now you show a flat earth map of declination,  I don't think you know anything about magnetic fields or compasses.   

Answer this simple question,  why does a compass needle tilt more towards vertical as you move either side of the equator?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 01:54:02 AM »

The idea you originally presented was then magnetic inclination pointed to the center of the earth,  now you show a flat earth map of declination,  I don't think you know anything about magnetic fields or compasses.   

Answer this simple question,  why does a compass needle tilt more towards vertical as you move either side of the equator?

I know what is a magnetic field but here is not a school to teach you something.

Just test and show us the compass shows to bottom on the south pole.

I know what it is but the world magnetic attraction don't causes by magnetic field. It's just the earth and Any metal attract each other like attracting the charged particles.

I mean something other but i think you dont understand or As if you do not understand.  For more information look to https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/f-kqq-r2-finding-force-problem.518012/ don't ask me again your childish problems.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 02:25:58 AM »

I know what is a magnetic field but here is not a school to teach you something.

I know what it is but the world magnetic attraction don't causes by magnetic field. It's just the earth and Any metal attract each other like attracting the charged particles.

I mean something other but i think you dont understand or As if you do not understand.  For more information look to https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/f-kqq-r2-finding-force-problem.518012/ don't ask me again your childish problems.

So you don't know why the compass needle tilts more and you move further north ( or south) from the equator,  instead you raise irrelevant issues. 

If you understood the question,  you should answer.   If you don't understand the question,  you are ignorant of the earth's magnetic field and it's properties.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 03:11:22 AM »

So you don't know why the compass needle tilts more and you move further north ( or south) from the equator,  instead you raise irrelevant issues. 

If you understood the question,  you should answer.   If you don't understand the question,  you are ignorant of the earth's magnetic field and it's properties.

No i understood you but you can't understand my answer.

I'm telling you that the compass needle moves effected by the power between two charged particuls that earth and the neddle, instead of magnetic force. This model explains that. But because of you are a ignorant you don't understand this basic expression.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 04:27:06 AM »
Earth's north magnetic pole is actually in the southern hemisphere. So antarctica is the center of the earth?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:39 AM »
I'm telling you that the compass needle moves effected by the power between two charged particuls that earth and the neddle, instead of magnetic force. This model explains that. But because of you are a ignorant you don't understand this basic expression.

Ok,  compass theory 101.   Pay attention,  maybe I will  ask questions later.

1. The compass needle points north because it is magnetic, and the earth has a magnetic field.   
2. The inclination of the field to the surface of the earth depends on lattitude. 
3. True north and magnetic north are different,  the difference between true north and magnetic north is call declination. 

If you think different,  then you are the only person on the planet who does,  and you must prove what you say.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 04:52:06 AM »
Earth's north magnetic pole is actually in the southern hemisphere. So antarctica is the center of the earth?

I wasn't going to go down that path,  poor Intikam is confused enough already,  but since you already opened the box...

Here is a question for Intikam, the end of the compass needle that points north is the south,  or is it the north?   

Cue,  thinking music......   

And the inevitable follow up question,   can you make  a south pointing  compass?

;D ;D

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 05:32:56 AM »

Antarctica is the place that surrounding the continents.

Attention please do not quibble.  :D

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 05:39:58 AM »

Ok,  compass theory 101.   Pay attention,  maybe I will  ask questions later.

1. The compass needle points north because it is magnetic, and the earth has a magnetic field.   
2. The inclination of the field to the surface of the earth depends on lattitude. 
3. True north and magnetic north are different,  the difference between true north and magnetic north is call declination. 

If you think different,  then you are the only person on the planet who does,  and you must prove what you say.

I need a lab for prove it. If FES has no labs and all of got by satanists / atheists is it my mistake? Give me two labs and i'll prove why the compass shows the north.

But it is not important for me everbody except me believes the different theory. This is not my mistake too. if everybody believes the mistake, that doesn't make it right.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 06:56:19 AM »

I'm thinking this is a compass.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
You don't need a laboratory,  just a magnet and some string.

Suspend a long thin magnet exactly in the center and hang it from something in a still room,  you will see the magnet rotate to point north, but also you will see it tilts slightly,  due to the magnetic field not being parallel to the earth.

If you were exactly at the magnetic north pole the magnet would be pointing vertically down.

Follow the Zetetic philosophy and do the experiment.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 11:09:50 PM »

Suspend a long thin magnet exactly in the center and hang it from something in a still room,  you will see the magnet rotate to point north, but also you will see it tilts slightly,  due to the magnetic field not being parallel to the earth.

If you were exactly at the magnetic north pole the magnet would be pointing vertically down.

You don't have a brain for up to me to suggest something. You follow what you want, Am I to you to intervene ?

I know what are the causes and consequences about the test what i think to do. I don't need to as you something and your unnecessary ideas. According to my point of view You are just a garbage .

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 03:53:25 AM »

I am paying attention. You claimed the magnetic north was the center of the earth. Since the magnetic north is located in antarctica, it can be deducted that antarctica is the center of the earth (or, our part of earth). If antarctica surrounds our part of earth, then the center of the earth would be somewhere along antarctica.

But then, we can measure from the opposite side of antarctica that the north is in the opposite direction. That either means that there are multiple north poles, or that the north pole surrounds us. In which case, saying that the "north pole is the center of the earth" doesn't make any sense, because it wouldn't be a point but a large surrounding shape.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:27 AM »

I am paying attention. You claimed the magnetic north was the center of the earth. Since the magnetic north is located in antarctica, it can be deducted that antarctica is the center of the earth (or, our part of earth). If antarctica surrounds our part of earth, then the center of the earth would be somewhere along antarctica.

But then, we can measure from the opposite side of antarctica that the north is in the opposite direction. That either means that there are multiple north poles, or that the north pole surrounds us. In which case, saying that the "north pole is the center of the earth" doesn't make any sense, because it wouldn't be a point but a large surrounding shape.

I don't understand what you mean? You are talking about an impossible thing. The compass always shows the North Pole. In the northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere it always shows  the north. So the south pole means nothing except surrounding the earth.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 04:49:01 AM »

I don't understand what you mean? You are talking about an impossible thing. The compass always shows the North Pole. In the northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere it always shows  the north. So the south pole means nothing except surrounding the earth.

Yes, the compass always points towards the magnetic north pole. Whilst the north of the needle (usually painted red) points towards the magnetic south pole, the south of the needle (usually white) points to the magnetic north pole. And I'm really just repeating what you are saying. You said the north magnetic pole is the center of the earth. Since the earth's north magnetic pole is in antarctica, it would be surrounding the earth. That means it is not a center, so it's your own claims that are contradictory.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:14:02 AM by Master_Evar »

When in doubt; sources!

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 06:07:09 AM »

You don't have a brain for up to me to suggest something. You follow what you want, Am I to you to intervene ?

I know what are the causes and consequences about the test what i think to do. I don't need to as you something and your unnecessary ideas. According to my point of view You are just a garbage .

I know what you are,  and deep down you do too.   So stop making pointless insults, and be a man,  do the experiment,  what are you afraid of?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 07:00:44 AM »

I know what you are,  and deep down you do too.   So stop making pointless insults, and be a man,  do the experiment,  what are you afraid of?

You know nothing. You think the others like you but others not idiots.  :D

Hey child, i'm not a troll like you and the others. Yes i'm doing an experiment. Look at here my baby. http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66479.0#.VxJFOfmLTIU

If you join to my experiment, buy a compass and join us! Beware! Why do you afraid for?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »
Test2:

L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 3mm

R= 5.091 kms (From Istanbul to Geographic North)

h (center of the earth) = 3*5091 / 150 = 102 kms

H (depth of the earth) = 2*3*5091/150 = 204 kms

Test3:

L= 15cm = 150mm
H= 2,5mm

R= 5.091 kms (From Istanbul to Geographic North)

h (center of the earth) = 2,5*5091 / 150 = 85 kms

H (depth of the earth) = 2*2,5*5091/150 = 170 kms

Join me for control the test result!

If you a "believer", then you can directly post the results. If you a globe earth believer/ Nasa believer / or satanist /or atheist, then send the video about your experiment. After i controll it, then i'll include the results to main experiment that here:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66479

As you see that the topic is "i need help for this experiment" but as you see actually i can do it myself. But this takes a lot of time. I'm planning that if nobody join the experiment, i'll gone to Ankara and do the experiment on there for controll.

Haha. You trolls can't do experiment. You can just talking!  ;D  8)  :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:09:03 AM by İntikam »